PDA

View Full Version : help with repolishing the floor

Billdoe
09-17-2007, 08:38 AM
couple days ago i decided to try and get the baked in Dirt off the floor of the Sanger i bought from AZ ... the dirt didnt wash off or scrub off i had to use steel wool for hours to get the floor clean ... problem now is its a Dull polish look on it and was wondering what i can use to make it shine back up .. im not very up to beat with Fiberglass care n maintence so any help would be appreciated .. this isnt a Show boat or anything i just want to make it look better then it does before i start assembly on the boat .. thanks in advance guys

Billdoe
09-18-2007, 10:52 AM
was kinda hoping someone might have gave me an idea what i need to do .. but noooooooo :(

H20MOFO
09-18-2007, 02:02 PM
You Could Just Mix Up Some Resin And Paint It (the Resin) This Winter I Think Im Going To Redo My Floor With Some Products From Westsystems. The Web Address Is On Jrorks Project Thread In Just Jets. The Sent Me A Free Phamplet That I Havent Read Yet.

Billdoe
09-18-2007, 04:49 PM
the floor is in great shape i just dulled the surface is all .. i was looking for maybe some info on what i could use to make it Shine again like some kind of wax or buffing it and info on what to use is all .. thanks for the info , Bill

H20MOFO
09-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Resin Is Cool It'll Be Shiney. The Westsystems Stuff Is Tintable. Think I'm Goin Blue.

DUCKY
09-19-2007, 08:31 AM
If the original flowcoat is still there, and free of cracks don't put anything over it. Just sand and buff it. You could sand it with 600 on a D/A, then and buff it out and it will look great.
If the surface is damaged, the you could sand it with 80 or 220 and recoat it with West System Epoxy. Use their foam rollers and fine brushes to "roll and tip" it and it will flow out very nicely. Or you can sand it and spray DuraTec or Prestec over it......

Billdoe
09-19-2007, 09:10 AM
thanks Ducky thats the responce i was looking for . the floor is ion good shape i just removed the finished polish off it is all when i used steel wool on it ... so i will seer if it if buffable the way it is cause i spent hours with Steel wool cleaning the dirt and muck off it and it looks perfect just dull .. thanks again Ducky :)
Bill

paul webster
09-19-2007, 03:05 PM
try dupont polishing compound with a few drips of water and a polishing wheel on a small drill if your shoulder hurts, might take a while though, Paul