PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Park?

thatguy
09-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Hi guys,
Am launching at Discovery Park, Sac river, Sunday. (By old sac)
Have never been there or any other part of the river. Anything I should be aware of? What are the hot places to hit and what restaurant docks are Jet boat friendly?
How far can we go north or south? Anyone else going to be around?
Tommy

thatguy
09-20-2007, 06:49 PM
anybody want to help a poor boy out?
Tommy

acatitude
09-20-2007, 06:57 PM
when you leave discovery park if you turn right and go up river there is chevies crawdads and then a little farther is the virgon sturgeon. all decent places to stop and eat... you can go about 15 miles up river and you will be at swabbies where the freeway crosses the river. best tacos on the river and usually has music on sunday afternoons outside. all you really see is a junk l;ooking marina and when you walk up the stairs youll be in swabbies...
if you go down river from where you launch you will see old town sac... crab shack Joes is a good place ..
once your away from old town or the marinas in either direction there is a lot of open water you can run in... just remember that within 200 ft of a dock its 5mph... and enforced around old town..
also if you go down river the first inlet on your left is the american river and people go up there and tie up and party. youll know it when you see it cuzz the water turns from brown(sac river) to blue (american river,lol).
not sure if im going out this weekend, darn , but there may be others who will post about being out

UltraJet
09-21-2007, 04:09 AM
Hi guys,
Am launching at Discovery Park, Sac river, Sunday. (By old sac)
Have never been there or any other part of the river. Anything I should be aware of? What are the hot places to hit and what restaurant docks are Jet boat friendly?
How far can we go north or south? Anyone else going to be around?
Tommy
I've been running my jet out there recently. Discovery park is a great place to launch, there is no current. In terms of where to dock, there is dock at the virgeon sturgeon, and beneath Joes Crab Shack(if you can find a spot) where you can tie up on the "inside" or "shore" side of the dock(s). That is where I like to tie up my jet. If you tie up on the river side, and your boat is low profile like mine, you might get swamped by some idiot not obeying the 5mph limit.

thatguy
09-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks guys!,
Am looking forward to it!
Tommy

HCS
09-21-2007, 02:08 PM
If you are planing on hooking up to a dock for lunch or drinks, bring along some good rope and bouys. You won't want your boat getting hammed into the dock.