PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Update!!!!

topless
09-21-2007, 02:03 PM
I have air fresheners in the car to minimize the dead mouse odor. I seems to be not as bad as the first 2 days now today, got in the car, turned on the AC and I thought I was getting snowed on because a bunch of white fur comes blasting out at me. :eek:
I hate mice.:mad: Looks like I have to take the dash apart to get the sucker out.

hkunz
09-21-2007, 02:08 PM
If you got fur, then that means he's coming apart, and you may be able to just blow him out in bits. If you can see him at all, or where he may be, try freezing him, then turn the blower on. CO2 or N2 should freeze him just fine, just spray it on him, then blow the frozen chunks out. OBTW, close your mouth when you turn on the blower:devil:

DeltaSigBoater
09-21-2007, 02:13 PM
All those dead mouse particles floating through the air is not good for you or others to breathe in... here's a solution, while driving!
http://www.approvedgasmasks.com/images/evo5000-mask.jpg

Mrs. 20
09-21-2007, 02:15 PM
OMG! I feel so sorry for you!

OverKill
09-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Ali
As stated above just freeze it out. If you have some computer Dust Off, turn the bottle upside down and spray the cold fog into the air vents. Or get Harry over to your place, Im sure he has some tricks up his sleeves

BarryMac
09-21-2007, 02:22 PM
OBTW, close your mouth when you turn on the blower:devil:
Not sure how well that works, Topless can you turn on the blower with your mouth closed??? :devil: :D

topless
09-21-2007, 02:26 PM
I can see the little focker! He isn't moving so I guess he didn't make it. He is in the vent but I can't get to him unless I take the part of the dash off that hte vent is in. I guess I need to go to Autozone and buy some tools. It won't take long to do I don't think.

topless
09-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Not sure how well that works, Topless can you turn on the blower with your mouth closed??? :devil: :DNot if you are married.:D

Nord
09-21-2007, 02:29 PM
you need one of those retrievers the mechanics use to get bolts and nuts they drop. They are like 4 bucks at Ace Hardware................

WaterJunky
09-21-2007, 02:30 PM
The good new is that you now know where it is and what needs to be done to solve the problem.

BarryMac
09-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Not if you are married.:D
:D :eek: :D

topless
09-21-2007, 02:33 PM
you need one of those retrievers the mechanics use to get bolts and nuts they drop. They are like 4 bucks at Ace Hardware................I thought about that but I still need to take the dash apart.:mad:

Dave C
09-21-2007, 02:35 PM
... damn.. you are so mean even your mice are committing suicide to get away from you.... ;) ;)

topless
09-21-2007, 02:36 PM
The offending vent.....except mine has more fur.
http://www.robnsarah.com/images/dash.jpg

Mrs.Racer277
09-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I think I would have sold the car :rolleyes: :)

topless
09-21-2007, 02:41 PM
I know alot of you live close to me. Why is nobody offering to do this nasty deed for me?:confused:

Jyruiz
09-21-2007, 02:43 PM
I know alot of you live close to me. Why is nobody offering to do this nasty deed for me?:confused:
Yeah people, what is wrong with you?:D

topless
09-21-2007, 02:47 PM
That's it!!!:mad: I'm going to take a picture first, go get the needed tools and do it myself. :mad: :mad: You are ALL going to have to see the work in progress. I thought you guys were my friends................I mean I thought Miguel was my friend.

Jyruiz
09-21-2007, 02:52 PM
That's it!!!:mad: I'm going to take a picture first, go get the needed tools and do it myself. :mad: :mad: You are ALL going to have to see the work in progress. I thought you guys were my friends................I mean I thought Miguel was my friend.
Cool, take lots of pics, even of yourself, we want to see the experssion on your face.:D

Mrs.Racer277
09-21-2007, 02:55 PM
This is true Ali
What is up with that??? :confused: :confused:

topless
09-21-2007, 03:20 PM
OK, here's the first picture of the stinky vent....Notice the fur???
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6634vent-med.JPG

OutCole'd
09-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Ali, I don't think tthis is going to be that easy. That vent is not going to come out from the front. I think to ducting is going to be needed to removed from behind the dash.

topless
09-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Ali, I don't think tthis is going to be that easy. That vent is not going to come out from the front. I think to ducting is going to be needed to removed from behind the dash.I can do it. I'll show you.:D

RitcheyRch
09-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Think everyone that lives close to you is in Parker.

DeltaSigBoater
09-21-2007, 03:48 PM
I can do it. I'll show you.:D
It's nothing personal, you just dont live that close to me, and traffic sux!
But you're right... you can do it :D

topless
09-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Think everyone that lives close to you is in Parker.
Those rat bastards!!!!!!! Here's a really blurry picture of the suspect.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6634IMG_0006-med.JPG

RitcheyRch
09-21-2007, 03:58 PM
They are there for some birthday party. :D :rolleyes: ;)
Those rat bastards!!!!!!! Here's a really blurry picture of the suspect.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6634IMG_0006-med.JPG

charitycase
09-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Ali,I'm too far away to help but.In the future,if you have mice problems put some mothballs along the vents under the hood.They won't go near it.Don't put them "IN" the car.Tryin to help.

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 04:11 PM
If you can see it take a straw and a string and make nuse and pull it out just a smaller version of what they use to catch snakes

topless
09-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Nurse it out my ass......the thing dies and makes me want to vomit from the stentch. Good news is, I got the focker and have pics to prove it. Ya wanna see?:D

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Hell yea bring it on!!! and it nuse not nurse it out!!!

gfinch
09-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Usually the body gets stuck in the blower, doesn't pass thru into the ducting. I just drop the blower out and the body/bodies and nest are in the fan part.
The sooner the moisture leaves the body the less the smell. Trouble is if there are any parts left in the duck work its always going to smell. Sorry!
Usually the little bas-turds come in thru the cowl (area between the windshield and hood) then thru the recirculation door and into the blower squirrel cage. They want to build a nest in the cage. In newer cars with cabin air filters they usually get stopped by the filter.
When you turn on the blower motor they get spun to death.
I really do sympathize with you they really can stink!!!!!!!!!!!

topless
09-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Got the focker out. He was a little crispy. Pics to follow.:D

topless
09-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Pulling the dash apart
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6634IMG_0011-med.JPG

topless
09-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Another dash pic before the perpetrator was found.http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6634IMG_0011-med.JPG

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Pulling the dash apart
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6634IMG_0011-med.JPG
,:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

topless
09-21-2007, 06:00 PM
HA HA !!! Found the crispy critter. (don't look at my nails, I'm getting a manicure tomorrow)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6634IMG_0012-med.JPG

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Yea You Win :d :d :d Now you got to put the dash back together!!!

topless
09-21-2007, 06:03 PM
RIP dumbass mouse that wouldn't get out of the car when I had the doors open for 5 hours. You made my life hell trying to drive to and from work.:mad: Oh well, you should be stuffed and mounted I think.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6634IMG_0013-med.JPG

topless
09-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Yea You Win :d :d :d Now you got to put the dash back together!!!It's done. Took a whole 5 minutes.

Biglue
09-21-2007, 06:07 PM
We would do the nasty deed for you, we just dont want to fetch dead mice. :D :D
BTW, how the hell did you manage to get a mouse into your car?

Oldsquirt
09-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Topless, been following this since the beginning. Good job getting that little rascal out of there. You're lucky it stayed so close to the vent. I've found them everywhere from the blower motor to deep in the ductwork. Best one was found inside the rear inner trim panel of a Toyota Sequoia. Had made a nice comfy bed with neatly cut pieces(10 of them) of seat belt.
Yea You Win :d :d :d Now you got to put the dash back together!!!
Shouldn't be too hard....a couple screws and a bunch of clips.

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Be sure to wash your hands!!!!!!

topless
09-21-2007, 06:10 PM
We would do the nasty deed for you, we just dont want to fetch dead mice. :D :D
BTW, how the hell did you manage to get a mouse into your car?If you would keep up on the latest news, you would have known. I bought him for my lizard, he escaped from the bag and hid himself until he rotted.

topless
09-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Be sure to wash your hands!!!!!!Don't worry, I licked them clean.:D

Cheap Thrills
09-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Good Job !
Now nail his little ass to a board and set em in the driveway as a warning to rest of the family :D
T.

topless
09-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Topless, been following this since the beginning. Good job getting that little rascal out of there. You're lucky it stayed so close to the vent. I've found them everywhere from the blower motor to deep in the ductwork. Best one was found inside the rear inner trim panel of a Toyota Sequoia. Had made a nice comfy bed with neatly cut pieces(10 of them) of seat belt.
Shouldn't be too hard....a couple screws and a bunch of clips.It was too hot out for this little sucker to make a home I think. He probably fried the 2nd or third day. I'm just glad he's out. When I saw fur flying, I knew he was in reach.

OverKill
09-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Ali
Glad you got that little shit.

Ziggy
09-21-2007, 06:19 PM
RIP dumbass mouse that wouldn't get out of the car when I had the doors open for 5 hours. You made my life hell trying to drive to and from work.:mad: Oh well, you should be stuffed and mounted I think.
If you're gonna mount him use a condom ;)

Biglue
09-21-2007, 06:22 PM
If you would keep up on the latest news, you would have known. I bought him for my lizard, he escaped from the bag and hid himself until he rotted.
Gotcha......but he showed you huh? :D

topless
09-21-2007, 06:22 PM
If you're gonna mount him use a condom ;)Condoms are for pussies. LOL

Ziggy
09-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Condoms are for pussies. LOLI thought condoms were installed on dicks :confused:
:D

topless
09-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Gotcha......but he showed you huh? :DYeah, he showed me what death smells like. He should have just been eaten by the lizard instead af frying in a hot vehicle. What a dumb ass he was.

topless
09-21-2007, 06:26 PM
I thought condoms were installed on dicks :confused:
:DIf they were, none of us would be here now would we?

Ziggy
09-21-2007, 06:35 PM
If they were, none of us would be here now would we?Those old intestine types weren't very reliable :eek: :D

BajaMike
09-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Condoms are for pussies. LOL
You really shouldn't handle mice or breath the air around them (dead or alive)......read up on "Handavirus".....a few facts......
What are the symptoms?
Symptoms develop between approximately one week and six weeks after exposure to mouse droppings that are contaminated with the virus.
Early symptoms are fever, chills, weakness, and muscle aches. The muscle aches are often severe and can involve the thighs, hips, back and shoulders.
Other symptoms may include headache, lightheadedness, dizziness, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
In severe cases, lung involvement with coughing and shortness of breath and low blood pressure follow the early symptoms by a few days to about a week.
There is no specific treatment or vaccine for hantavirus infection. Early recognition of symptoms and prompt evaluation by a health care provider are important so that supportive care can be provided.
How is a person exposed to hantaviruses?
Hantavirus infections are spread to people when viruses in rodent urine, droppings, or saliva are stirred into the air and breathed in.
A person may be exposed to hantaviruses by actions that raise dust into the air, such as disturbing nests or cleaning areas where infected mice have been.
Not all mice are infected with hantaviruses and infected mice carry the virus without appearing sick. The number of infected mice probably changes from year to year based on environmental conditions.
Read more here.....
http://www.metrokc.gov/health/prevcont/hanta.htm
:eek:

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 06:50 PM
This is why i said WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!!!

topless
09-21-2007, 06:59 PM
You really shouldn't handle mice or breath the air around them (dead or alive)......read up on "Handavirus".....a few facts......
What are the symptoms?
Symptoms develop between approximately one week and six weeks after exposure to mouse droppings that are contaminated with the virus.
Early symptoms are fever, chills, weakness, and muscle aches. The muscle aches are often severe and can involve the thighs, hips, back and shoulders.
Other symptoms may include headache, lightheadedness, dizziness, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
In severe cases, lung involvement with coughing and shortness of breath and low blood pressure follow the early symptoms by a few days to about a week.
There is no specific treatment or vaccine for hantavirus infection. Early recognition of symptoms and prompt evaluation by a health care provider are important so that supportive care can be provided.
Hantavirus infections are spread to people when viruses in rodent urine, droppings, or saliva are stirred into the air and breathed in.
A person may be exposed to hantaviruses by actions that raise dust into the air, such as disturbing nests or cleaning areas where infected mice have been.
Not all mice are infected with hantaviruses and infected mice carry the virus without appearing sick. The number of infected mice probably changes from year to year based on environmental conditions.
Read more here.....
:eek:I understand and appreciate what you're saying but this was a domestic mouse who just happened to get out of the bag before I had a chance to feed him to the damn lizard who I hate.
Since he was bred in captivity and none of the other meeses were sick, I think he just died from being in a car which was over 100 degrees for three days. I may be wrong but if you see my obituary, you can always say "I told ya so"

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 07:16 PM
I understand and appreciate what you're saying but this was a domestic mouse who just happened to get out of the bag before I had a chance to feed him to the damn lizard who I hate.
Since he was bred in captivity and none of the other meeses were sick, I think he just died from being in a car which was over 100 degrees for three days. I may be wrong but if you see my obituary, you can always say "I told ya so"
Evil Snakes never die:)

BajaMike
09-21-2007, 07:18 PM
I understand and appreciate what you're saying but this was a domestic mouse who just happened to get out of the bag before I had a chance to feed him to the damn lizard who I hate.
I'm sure you're right and I sure don't want to read your obituary....I just remember when renting a houseboat at Lake Powell, they give you a kit with bleach and gloves to handle any mice caught in the traps on the boat....but you're right, different thing between a wild field mouse at Lake Powell and a domestic mouse.:idea:
Just be carefull!

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 07:23 PM
What are the symptoms?
Read more here.....
:eek:
My buddy got this from a house in Blythe and almost died from it!!!!

topless
09-21-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm sure you're right and I sure don't want to read your obituary....I just remember when renting a houseboat at Lake Powell, they give you a kit with bleach and gloves to handle any mice caught in the traps on the boat....but you're right, different thing between a wild field mouse at Lake Powell and a domestic mouse.:idea:
Just be carefull!
Since he is now in the trash, I hope the trash men are careful. I myself don't worry about me since I'm too mean to die.:eek: :jawdrop:

OverKill
09-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Since he is now in the trash, I hope the trash men are careful. I myself don't worry about me since I'm too mean to die.:eek: :jawdrop:
EVIL ALI :D. If your the mouse can I be the big Cat??

topless
09-21-2007, 07:33 PM
EVIL ALI :D. If your the mouse can I be the big Cat??
If ya wanna be. I guess I'd be the crispy dead mouse in the trash can.:idea:
On the other hand, I might be Speedy Gonzales.

OverKill
09-21-2007, 07:36 PM
If ya wanna be. I guess I'd be the crispy dead mouse in the trash can.:idea:
On the other hand, I might be Speedy Gonzales.
WOW! Speedy would be fun don't you think LOL

Some Kind Of Monster
09-21-2007, 08:43 PM
I got in my truck after work yesterday and discovered that a bird had entered the truck where I left the window cracked. I'm glad it didn't crawl into a tight space to die. It was very hot in the truck and it looked like it would have died soon if I hadn't released him. I would have had to call you for advise topless.

HemiDude
09-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Lizards cant smell...dont waste your money, go to the trash, fetch him and feed him to your lizard:sqeyes:

topless
09-21-2007, 09:23 PM
I got in my truck after work yesterday and discovered that a bird had entered the truck where I left the window cracked. I'm glad it didn't crawl into a tight space to die. It was very hot in the truck and it looked like it would have died soon if I hadn't released him. I would have had to call you for advise topless.Always here to help.:D :D

Forkin' Crazy
09-21-2007, 09:42 PM
LOL!!! Lucky! I had a warf rat get in my truck when the windows were down.... later that day I parked it in the sun with the windows up... for 3 days.. I to completely take the dash apart, and take it out of the truck... then pull the A/C system out. Damn rats! :mad:
What the hell are you doing with a lizzard... that you hate?

topless
09-22-2007, 07:17 AM
LOL!!! Lucky! I had a warf rat get in my truck when the windows were down.... later that day I parked it in the sun with the windows up... for 3 days.. I to completely take the dash apart, and take it out of the truck... then pull the A/C system out. Damn rats! :mad:
What the hell are you doing with a lizzard... that you hate?It's my sons lizard and he is mean. When I feed him (mice), he sees me and lunges ant the bag trying to get the damn things. He also has long sharp claws. I hate him.

topless
09-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Shouldn't be too hard....a couple screws and a bunch of clips.I was going to call you to come help me but I heard your specialty is Tarantulas.:eek: :D

Oldsquirt
09-24-2007, 05:44 PM
I was going to call you to come help me but I heard your specialty is Tarantulas.:eek: :D
Nope, my specialty would be rodents who make nests in automotive A/C systems. Only ever had to deal with one tarantula. Appropriately, it met its demise by way of a broom, while the owner of said broom was cowering in the bed of my truck. :D

Her454
09-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Nope, my specialty would be rodents who make nests in automotive A/C systems. Only ever had to deal with one tarantula. Appropriately, it met its demise by way of a broom, while the owner of said broom was cowering in the bed of my truck. :D
Focker.:D Cowering is such a ..............nasty word. :D

Oldsquirt
09-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Focker.:D Cowering is such a ..............nasty word. :D
Yes, but it's just ONE word. They say PICTURES are worth a THOUSAND words........... :devil: :D

topless
09-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Nope, my specialty would be rodents who make nests in automotive A/C systems. Only ever had to deal with one tarantula. Appropriately, it met its demise by way of a broom, while the owner of said broom was cowering in the bed of my truck. :DTarantulas are pretty much harmless. As I kid, I used to try to tie sting on their legs and take them for walks. It never worked but I tried.

lucky
09-24-2007, 08:07 PM
I do not know what the big deal is ? you live in NOrco , anything smells better than NORCO :D I say roll up the windows , you will notice an impovement -- love ya mama bear :D

Unforgiven
09-24-2007, 08:40 PM
I have air fresheners in the car to minimize the dead mouse odor. I seems to be not as bad as the first 2 days now today, got in the car, turned on the AC and I thought I was getting snowed on because a bunch of white fur comes blasting out at me. :eek:
I hate mice.:mad: Looks like I have to take the dash apart to get the sucker out.
I guess this is no different to when you clean house?

Her454
09-25-2007, 07:16 AM
Yes, but it's just ONE word. They say PICTURES are worth a THOUSAND words........... :devil: :D
Still amazes me how in my time of terror, you found time to snap pictures. IN MY JAMMIES EVEN. :eek: :D
I guess this is no different to when you clean house?
Are you ever going to call me or answer my emails? :mad: I really need that paperwork.