PDA

View Full Version : I love whacking

Tom Brown
09-23-2007, 03:33 PM
I was out trimming up the weeds in the back alley when a neighbor came over and tapped me on the shoulder. "You're trimming Mrs. Smith's chard!"
We have had several nights of frost since the first of September. It was looking pretty lousy and whithered. I figured it was fair game since it was between her back fence and the alley.
... so I went to talk to Mrs. Smith about the chard incident and she was some kind of pissed off. She served milk and apple pie with ice cream but no cheese on the side. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
Now I'm on the neighborhood shit list. :(

Wet Dream
09-23-2007, 03:34 PM
What the hell is chard?

Tom Brown
09-23-2007, 03:35 PM
It's like a tattoo, except it grows in the ground and looks like a green leafy vegetable.

Cheap Thrills
09-23-2007, 03:36 PM
It's like a tattoo, except it grows in the ground and looks like a green leafy vegetable.
Does it get you high ? :p
T.

Tom Brown
09-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Does it get you high ?
In a way, yes.
If you boil the stems and leaves in water for about 15 minutes and then smother them in freshly churned whole fat farm butter, there is a euphoric feeling that lasts for the duration of the meal.

Tom Brown
09-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Don't you people have chard down there? Swiss chard? :confused:
http://vegbox-recipes.co.uk/image-files/chard2.jpg

Cheap Thrills
09-23-2007, 03:46 PM
I don't know Tom I'm not a farmer. I thought you might have mowed down the old lady's Low Cut Bushed Out Purple Haze. Which kinda looks like a green leafy vegetable. Esp. if you smoke/eat enough of it.
What kind of weed wacker did you settle on?
T.

photo chick
09-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Never heard of it before! In your first post I thought you were letting us know the person had an accent...as in yard...chard :D

CARLSON-JET
09-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Are you kidding... A green leafy plant making it past the lips of most americans.. :idea: Health comes in a pill these days.... brown :mad:
Stir fried briefly, it's actually pretty good... ;) I had it growing in my garden at the begginning of the year, but the stuff gets out of control fast. One invasive mofo of a veggy..

Tom Brown
09-23-2007, 03:52 PM
What kind of weed wacker did you settle on?
The neighbor gave me his. It's a Poulan Pro and it seems to work well generally. It certainly starts like a dream and idles smoother than a 1 cylinder engine has a right to but the spool has some problems.
When I'm trimming in close to something concrete or metal, it can tear off the string and I have to re-feed the string out the side holes in the spool head. It only takes a minute to do but it's a pain in the butt.
I will replace the spool head if I can't find a Stihl somewhere local.

Cheap Thrills
09-23-2007, 04:01 PM
When I'm trimming in close to something concrete or metal, it can tear off the string and I have to re-feed the string out the side holes in the spool head. It only takes a minute to do but it's a pain in the butt.
I will replace the spool head if I can't find a Stihl somewhere local.
That is a problem with most String Trimmers. I have rigged a chainsaw chain to mine. Works great but dont let it slap the leg. Also have a Carbide tipped 7.25" circular saw blade adapter for use in heavy brush and small saplings up to 6" dia. But those are destructive on the curved neck el~cheapo weed wackers.
Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Have fun and watch out for the dog poo.
T.

Rexone
09-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Have fun and watch out for the dog poo.
T.
That's the worst, a big sprinkler soaked turd hidden in the tall grass. Shit lines on your socks. Wear goggles. :eek:

Jim W
09-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Swiss Chard is whats used to make greens and beans.
Yummy!!!!
Be good, Jim

ULTRA26 # 1
09-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Yep,
My Step-Mom grows it every year. Great in salad

hoolign
09-23-2007, 05:37 PM
I was out trimming up the weeds in the back alley when a neighbor came over and tapped me on the shoulder. "You're trimming Mrs. Smith's chard!"
We have had several nights of frost since the first of September. It was looking pretty lousy and whithered. I figured it was fair game since it was between her back fence and the alley.
... so I went to talk to Mrs. Smith about the chard incident and she was some kind of pissed off. She served milk and apple pie with ice cream but no cheese on the side. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
Now I'm on the neighborhood shit list. :(
Well Tom all I can say about that is "Welcome to the club" I picked up a nice little house in an older part of town a few years ago. There was this magnificant tree in the side of the lot beside the road. In spring it would blossom and turn a unique shade of bench racers pink. All the neighborhood ladies would stop and talk about the tree to the wife, take pictures of it and just stare at this thing. It was an old neighborhood and all the people were devout catholics. Then in August of 2005 They came running ( literally) out of their houses to the shrieking buzz of my ms660 Stihl. Down she came to make room for a 30 x 28 garage :D next time one of the ladies stopped by she told me they prayed for me :rolleyes: It took about a year for anyone else to talk to me :D Needless to say..they were Pissed! :D

Jbb
09-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Well Tom all I can say about that is "Welcome to the club" I picked up a nice little house in an older part of town a few years ago. There was this magnificant tree in the side of the lot beside the road. In spring it would blossom and turn a unique shade of bench racers pink. All the neighborhood ladies would stop and talk about the tree to the wife, take pictures of it and just stare at this thing. It was an old neighborhood and all the people were devout catholics. Then in August of 2005 They came running ( literally) out of their houses to the shrieking buzz of my ms660 Stihl. Down she came to make room for a 30 x 28 garage :D next time one of the ladies stopped by she told me they prayed for me :rolleyes: It took about a year for anyone else to talk to me :D Needless to say..they were Pissed! :D
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz...:D

hoolign
09-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz...:D....and shit!

Kim Hanson
09-23-2007, 05:55 PM
....and shit!
Soooo are you saying pissing on it ,wouldn't have been good :D :D ...........( . )( . ).......