PDA

View Full Version : Mushrooms...

Her454
09-23-2007, 04:40 PM
OK stupid question........... but all of a sudden I've got a shitload of mushrooms in my yard! Out of no where. We've had a weather change but really nothing out of the ordinary and I can't figure out why they are invading my lawn now?
Are they dangerous for my dogs? My Queensland is acting kinda strange foaming at the mouth, kinda lethargic and I've noticed he's been checkin the shrooms out lately. Haven't caught him eating them yet and I figured he just got ahold of a toad or something since that makes them foam at the mouth too.
I planted this lawn from seed and have never had them before ?

YeLLowBoaT
09-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Take out any trees latly? or use any diffrent "organic" fertlizers?

Her454
09-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Take out any trees latly?
WOW, actually yes...about 3 months ago. Right where the majority of them are sprouting. Why?

milkmoney
09-23-2007, 04:42 PM
on the norm means to much water r u watering and having rain?

topless
09-23-2007, 04:43 PM
You have a junkie dog.

YeLLowBoaT
09-23-2007, 04:43 PM
WOW, actually yes. Right where the majority of them are sprouting. Why?
They are growing off the rotting roots.

Rexone
09-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Normally caused from excessive moisture, ie: heavy watering on top of some rain, or just lots of rain. I get them every winter during periods of extended rain and also other times if I don't cut the water back during cooler periods from peak heat periods.
Don't know about the danger to doggies. :(
Do know about your dodging of who's who tho. :)

Her454
09-23-2007, 04:45 PM
on the norm means to much water r u watering and having rain?
Haven't been watering any more than normal, actually less since I had problems with my well recently and things got kinda dry. Just started raining a few days ago.
You have a junkie dog.
LOL, azzhole. :D
How the hell do I get rid of the bastards? They are nasty.

YeLLowBoaT
09-23-2007, 04:48 PM
if they are feeding on the roots they will die out when the roots are gone. other then that, just mow the fookers over. or you could pluck them( wear gloves as some are not even good to touch)

topless
09-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Haven't been watering any more than normal, actually less since I had problems with my well recently and things got kinda dry. Just started raining a few days ago.
LOL, azzhole. :D
How the hell do I get rid of the bastards? They are nasty.Do you ever answer your phone or do you just like to hear it ring?:idea:

Wet Dream
09-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Wow, what a great thread. I have the same here, shrooms that look like a bad head of lettuce. The tree was recently cut down, and we're having a drought year, so its definately NOT over watering.

YeLLowBoaT
09-23-2007, 04:53 PM
if you want them gone for good, get your hubby to did out the roots with the bob cat... then sow some rye grass seed.

Garrddogg
09-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Better read up!:D
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HQS9R9QVL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

Her454
09-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Normally caused from excessive moisture, ie: heavy watering on top of some rain, or just lots of rain. I get them every winter during periods of extended rain and also other times if I don't cut the water back during cooler periods from peak heat periods.
Don't know about the danger to doggies. :(
Hmmmmmmm. Not excessive watering........... but we did have a heat wave.
Do you ever answer your phone or do you just like to hear it ring?:idea:
Not when you drunk dial me in the middle of the night azzhole :D And no, I hate to hear it ring.
if you want them gone for good, get your hubby to did out the roots with the bob cat... then sow some rye grass seed. Just asked him and he said he dug out as many roots as he could. It was one of those damn fruitless Mulberry's that stretch forever to get water. Damn roots were tearing up my patio. :eek: And BTW, Im not touching those fockers, gloves or no gloves LOL.
So............ no one knows if they are toxic to animals?

Her454
09-23-2007, 05:19 PM
LMAO........... What Who's who? :D I need a reminder.

YeLLowBoaT
09-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Your going to have to post a pic or something...There are plenty of good websites out there for telling you which ones are toxic and are not.

Her454
09-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Your going to have to post a pic or something...There are plenty of good websites out there for telling you which ones are toxic and are not.
Hang on............ I'll go get a pic. :D
K, here ya go. Sorry, the hubby mowed about an hour ago so the larger ones are gone. http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/139mushroom1.jpg

YeLLowBoaT
09-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Linkage (http://americanmushrooms.com/gallerycommon.htm#boletes)

Her454
09-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Linkage (http://americanmushrooms.com/gallerycommon.htm#boletes)
I had no idea there were so many damn different types of Mushrooms! :eek: I'm just gonna keep mowing them down, plant some Rye grass seed and have a serious chat with the dog.

maxwedge
09-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Besides the foaming at the mouth, have you noticed the dogs listening to a lot more Hendrix and Doors music than usual? This could be a bad sign.:D

Her454
09-24-2007, 07:29 AM
Besides the foaming at the mouth, have you noticed the dogs listening to a lot more Hendrix and Doors music than usual? This could be a bad sign.:D
Now that you mention it, he's pretty smart .........and my OUTLAW Country station kept getting changed to Buzzsaw & Classic Hard Rock yesterday and he just wants to lay around on the furniture.............:idea:

topless
09-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Now that you mention it, he's pretty smart .........and my OUTLAW Country station kept getting changed to Buzzsaw & Classic Hard Rock yesterday and he just wants to lay around on the furniture.............:idea:Is he chasing cats that aren't there?

Her454
09-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Is he chasing cats that aren't there?
Is that a trick question? :D

topless
09-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Is that a trick question? :DJust wondering how toxic those mushrooms are and if you could sell them.:idea:

Her454
09-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Just wondering how toxic those mushrooms are and if you could sell them.:idea:
I take it you are interested if they are for sale? :D

topless
09-24-2007, 08:01 AM
I take it you are interested if they are for sale? :DI actually had some kid in a bar years ago ask me if I wanted some. Drugs scare me.

Her454
09-24-2007, 08:06 AM
I actually had some kid in a bar years ago ask me if I wanted some. Drugs scare me.
LOL, If I could sell them I would be rich. :D

Liberator TJ1984
09-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Quote: I planted this lawn from seed and have never had them before ?
gotta watch where ya throw your weed seeds out girl :eek: :D