PDA

View Full Version : Which Hamburger Helper....................

Nord
09-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Do you like?? I am a bachelor and cook frequently at home. Mostly dinner. I just started buying easy to cook items as my time has started to become scarce because Christmas Season for retail is on the bubble. Anyhow, I bought a hamburger helper Lasagna box to give it a go. Which other ones are good?? Maybe I should try a different brand??
I usually BBQ steak or chicken, and I'm tired of it. Cutting and cooking potatoes has become tedious as well....................
What do you guys cook thats fast good and easy??? :confused:

squirt'nmyload
09-23-2007, 07:57 PM
no bachelor here but i vote for double cheeseburger macaroni!!!!...ol lady HATES it :D :D

Nord
09-23-2007, 08:01 PM
There is a slight odor of BO in the house right now:confused: Is it supposed to smell like that??

squirt'nmyload
09-23-2007, 08:03 PM
There is a slight odor of BO in the house right now:confused: Is it supposed to smell like that??
that means it time to shower up...damn, you do need a woman :D :D

RaceFace
09-23-2007, 08:06 PM
The Stroganoff....but cook for 12 minutes....not 16 like the box says....that turns it to mush.
Damn....if I can fly off with that....that means I eat it WAY too much!!! :D :D

XtrmWakeborder
09-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Tuna helper with 2 cans...mmm protein.:D

hoolign
09-23-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm out on a rig and cook for myself all the time.
Tonight I BBQ a sirloin strip new york cut steak about 1/2 way through. huck it in a oven pan, cover with crab, portabella shrooms and hollandaise..20 minutes at 350 and it's eat time! White rice on the side.
In the Am I'll make eggs benny with farmers sausage and use up some of the hollandaise.
Beer can chicken tommorow, with BBQ zuchini with holandaise. Heat up the rest of the rice with some garlic butter in it..mmmmmmmm
I'm not much into the packaged meal things.. KD and the likes is terrible!
Stoves are for breakfast and soup :D

Cheap Thrills
09-23-2007, 08:12 PM
What do you guys cook thats fast good and easy??? :confused:
Hot Pockets :D Oh wait, you said good didn't ya ?
Fast, Good and easy. Spaghetti, Omelets, Burritos, BBQ are all quick and easy.
Never been a fan of Hamburger Helper. My mom ruined me and my sister on that stuff when we were kids.
Some of those TV dinners aren't too bad.
And there's always the 5 dollar Hot & Ready Pizzas at Little Ceaser's if you don't feel like cooking.
I have a boat load of killer recipes but most aren't quick or easy.
If you feel like Jazzin it up a bit while entertaining a lady friend. Cook her some Steak Piccado fairly quick and not too complex and definitely a crowd pleaser. Last time I entertained a girl with it she never went home and we ended up married for 12 years! So be careful who you serve it to.
Bon Appetit'
T.

Nord
09-23-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm out on a rig and cook for myself all the time.
Tonight I BBQ a sirloin strip new york cut steak about 1/2 way through. huck it in a oven pan, cover with crab, portabella shrooms and hollandaise..20 minutes at 350 and it's eat time! White rice on the side.
In the Am I'll make eggs benny with farmers sausage and use up some of the hollandaise.
Beer can chicken tommorow, with BBQ zuchini with holandaise. Heat up the rest of the rice with some garlic butter in it..mmmmmmmm
I'm not much into the packaged meal things.. KD and the likes is terrible!
Stoves are for breakfast and soup :D
Must be tough:notam:

RaceFace
09-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, thats what I was thinking too. Must be a rough life Hooli! LOL!!!
For the most part...Im just too G-damn lazy to go through all that crap every night. 3-4 nights is fine...1-2 on quickie meals (Helper, Stouffers Chicken Alfredo in a bag) and hell, Rice Chex for the left over nights!! :D :D

hoolign
09-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Hey..I have to eat off paper plates:mad:

DeltaSigBoater
09-23-2007, 09:20 PM
I tried eating that quick and easy from a box crap and not only did it taste like shit, and make me feel like shit after eating it, but I realized that it the time savings isnt that much of a difference.
I bought a really good quality vacuum food saver, and when I had time like I'd cook 4 to 5 meals in a day. Then break them into single servings then vac-save them, then freeze them.
Sounds like a lot of work but you'll thank yourself later!

Nord
09-23-2007, 09:32 PM
I tried eating that quick and easy from a box crap and not only did it taste like shit, and make me feel like shit after eating it, but I realized that it the time savings isnt that much of a difference.
I bought a really good quality vacuum food saver, and when I had time like I'd cook 4 to 5 meals in a day. Then break them into single servings then vac-save them, then freeze them.
Dude..............are you plugging a Vacuum sealer during my HH thread??:devil: :D

hoolign
09-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Look at DSB sounding all Jack lalanne n ..shit :D
https://secure.us.com/lalanne/secure/jackicn2.gif

XtrmWakeborder
09-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Look at DSB sounding all Jack lalanne n ..shit :D
https://secure.us.com/lalanne/secure/jackicn2.gif
Whoa, thats the juicer. Get it right.:)

Nord
09-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Whoa, thats the juicer. Get it right.:)
LMAO...........
BTW HH Lasagna wasn't too bad. I'll have to try a different flavor next time though.....:idea:

XtrmWakeborder
09-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Stroganoff is good, and my dad likes the chili cheese and adds corn chips. I like the creamy broccoli or Fettuccine Alfredo tuna helper the best. If you have a crockpot I like getting some already cooked chicken strips from vons, veggies, and a can of mushroom soup and letting that cook up. Really easy and all you do is put the stuff in.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoolign
09-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Cheesy enchilada and cheesy hashbrown are both pretty good :)
Zatarans Jambalaya is some good shit, pretty easy to make too. Buy some Johnsonvilles and slice em up to throw in with it
NO!:mad:

Silver
09-23-2007, 11:05 PM
http://www.hiddenvalley.com/recipes/view_recipe.php?recipe_id=79
This one is super ez and good. If you do not have BBQ Hidden Valley Ranch...use ranch dressing and BBQ sauce 50/50 mix.

Silver
09-23-2007, 11:08 PM
And Dave reminded me about this book I got him...(my brother has it too, and loves it)
A Man A Can and A Microwave.
http://www.amazon.com/Man-Can-Microwave-Tasty-Can/dp/157954892X

hoolign
09-23-2007, 11:36 PM
And Dave reminded me about this book I got him...(my brother has it too, and loves it)
A Man A Can and A Microwave.
http://www.amazon.com/Man-Can-Microwave-Tasty-Can/dp/157954892X
that resembles your avatar!
Man ..Those cans ...make me hot! :idea:

fourspeednup
09-24-2007, 03:09 AM
I live off packaged meals like pasta roni. Always add chicken or tuna though to round it out along with some peas or corn. The chicken is easy if you buy the big frozen bags of boneless breasts and broil a couple to cut up and throw in. Whole program is ready to go in 20 min or less.
Easy cleanup too! One bowl for the whole meal ;) :D

maxwedge
09-24-2007, 04:16 AM
"I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh?"
-Eddie

76ANTHONY
09-24-2007, 05:17 AM
Cheesy enchilada and cheesy hashbrown are both pretty good :)
Zatarans Jambalaya is some good shit, pretty easy to make too. Buy some Johnsonvilles and slice em up to throw in with it
i have to agree with this statement 100%...
cause if i dont i'll get chopped:D
double cheese burgers great too

MissB
09-24-2007, 05:42 AM
Make it with turkey burger, better for you.... throw in a can of corn, get in some veggies, and tada!!

Caljamr
09-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Hey that's my favorite meal. I can't handle tuna any other way. :)

Jbb
09-24-2007, 07:57 AM
This thread.....
https://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39824&stc=1&d=1190649444

Mrs. 20
09-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Cheesy enchilada with some canned black beans mixed in. We serve it with tomatoes, sour cream, and tortillas. :)

Cole Trickle
09-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Next time write in to the lease that the tennants are required to cook for you 2X a week each.:devil:
Problem solved.....Also I would write that the female roomate has to cook naked;):D

DeltaSigBoater
09-24-2007, 09:40 AM
"I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh?"
-Eddie
Hmm... I don't know, you're the gourmet around here Ed.
-Clark W. Griswold

Nord
09-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Next time write in to the lease that the tennants are required to cook for you 2X a week each.:devil:
Problem solved.....Also I would write that the female roomate has to cook naked;):D
Brandon, did you get my voicemail??

wright27
09-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Don't eat that crap, it will kill you.:devil:

Nord
09-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Don't eat that crap, it will kill you.:devil:
It doesn't say that anywhere on the box??:confused:

Cole Trickle
09-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Brandon, did you get my voicemail??
I did...lol:D
It's all cool....Whatever works for ya:)

wright27
09-24-2007, 02:03 PM
It doesn't say that anywhere on the box??:confused:
Sure it does, it translates into sodium, fat, and cholesterol.:idea: :D :D

pocketchange 22
09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
My favorite was Bud Light & Oodles of noodles. (any flavor):devil: