PDA

View Full Version : Padres Milton Bradley=Putz

Not So Fast
09-25-2007, 07:06 AM
Did anybody see this guys antics the other day, unbelieveable. Starts jawing at the 1st base ump while standing on the bag, so much so that he gets tossed, then goes after said umpire while being restrained, Bud Black has to come out and try to calm him down and winds up throwing him to the ground and in the fracas Bradley suffers a torn ACL, done for the year. That equals putz in my book and he was carrying the Padres or at least a very big part of their offense:confused: This coming from a guy that said "Burnsy's hustle is false" Gimme a break. Karma I guess does go around!!:D NSF

Baja Big Dog
09-25-2007, 07:13 AM
Whatdo you know, anothe overpaid dick wipe!!!
He will probaboly sue since Bud was the one that threw him down to keep him from getting his dumb ass suspended and fined a few dollars!!!

Not So Fast
09-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Not so fast, Mr. Not So Fast. Go do a little research. The Padres 1st base coach said the umpire provoked the incident by calling him names, possibly racial names. Bobby Meachem, the Padres 1st base coach, is a real stand up guy, been in baseball over 25 years, said that if the umpire had said that to him they would have had to pull him off the ump. Todd Helton, the Rockies 1st baseman, basically said "No comment" when asked about it, but did say it was one of the most unusual exchanges from an umpire he had ever heard.
The only people that don't like Milton Bradley are the media, Jeff Kent and apparently you. His teammates love him.
You wait and see how this plays out. The ump will end up getting some time of huge punishment, mark my words.
Thanks Mr. last word on everything, your comments are well taken although not appreciated. Seems you take great pleasure in always correcting me. What I posted is just what I saw and read in the paper and yes it's being investigated, none the less he has hurt his teams chances for the platoffs. There, you happy oh great Schwab! NSF

mbrown2
09-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Regardless of what transpired, I fill for Bradley as the unfortunate incident could have an impact on his career....and it sure does not help the Padres as they are chasing a playoff spot.

BRSTQUEST
09-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Bradely has been a problem since the time he played high school baseball in Long Beach. He has always had a chip on his shoulder and has had a piss poor attitude. If you look through his career you will see had many different run ins with umpires. There was the connie mack game, which I was playing in< where at 17 he told the umpire to "phuk off", the incident in the minors where he spit in the umpires face, dont forget when he poked his finger at the umpire. He had run ins with a former manager when he was with the Indians. He had run ins with former hitting coach Eddie Murray. He has numerous run ins with former and current teammates.
All that and he still is only a career .265 hitter. I dont see why he is still around the game. He has a poor attitude, hits for a low average and gets hurt all the time. Milton got what he deserves. Hes an ass and he hurt his team yet again. But he doesn't care about his team its all about him.

eman1625
09-25-2007, 08:24 AM
Couldn't of happened to a better guy! His antics are tired! Act like a professional.

Ziggy
09-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Historically MB has had various run ins with baseball officials....in this case the Ump was giving him shit about MB's previous at-bat. Watching the replays you can see the first base coach gets in front of the Ump before Bradley made any aggressive overture......this whole incident was provoked by the Ump, plain and simple. Bradley was simply a baserunner that was verbally attacked by this Ump. Look at it, Bradley was in game mode taking a lead off 1st base.
The whole thing never should have happened. Stupid :(

Nord
09-25-2007, 09:08 AM
That guy is a time bomb, he pulled stuff like that all of the time when he played for the dodgers.........

Lavey5150
09-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Not so fast, Mr. Not So Fast. Go do a little research. The Padres 1st base coach said the umpire provoked the incident by calling him names, possibly racial names. Bobby Meachem, the Padres 1st base coach, is a real stand up guy, been in baseball over 25 years, said that if the umpire had said that to him they would have had to pull him off the ump. Todd Helton, the Rockies 1st baseman, basically said "No comment" when asked about it, but did say it was one of the most unusual exchanges from an umpire he had ever heard.
The only people that don't like Milton Bradley are the media, Jeff Kent and apparently you. His teammates love him.
You wait and see how this plays out. The ump will end up getting some time of huge punishment, mark my words.
Milton Bradley is a self absorbed fokking asshat, I suppose the juice is innocent as well:eek: ...............

MayDaze
09-25-2007, 09:52 AM
I agree with you SWB.. Milton doesn't have the best background but I think Bobby Meachem's comments say a lot...

tamalewagon
09-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Milton Bradley is a self absorbed fokking asshat, I suppose the juice is innocent as well:eek: ...............
Wow...that's a little overboard. Understood, but overboard. Yes he is an asshat troll, but you can actually see the ump mouthing off to him in the replay. Not very professional on either man's part.

Not So Fast
09-25-2007, 02:27 PM
In retrospect, I just went to the Mighty 1090 website (San Diego Sport Radio) where they have interviews with 4 of the people involved in this fracas and in listening to these interveiws it appears that this umpire (Winters) had some ulterior motives and he may be in trouble for this deal. From the sounds of these interviews Bradley may not be at fault:confused: MLB is investigating. NSF

carreraelite
09-25-2007, 02:36 PM
But, Will this help his (M.B.) Attitude, or make it worse?? :idea: :confused:

AZJD
09-25-2007, 02:40 PM
MB is an ass at times but this was clearly not his fault. The 1bag blue was mouthing off to him.....

Ziggy
09-25-2007, 03:24 PM
To me it looked like Meachum gets in the Umps face before anyone else.

Lavey5150
09-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Sticks and Stones, BFD, still doesn't discount the fact that MB is an assclown......too bad for his knee and season

Lavey5150
09-26-2007, 09:58 AM
no one here has feelings:confused: here especially MB........