PDA

View Full Version : Do you think your kids would have ever killed you if worked up enough?

Trailer Park Casanova
09-27-2007, 01:14 PM
I think it was Havasu Hangin' or Riverbound that mention'd that mom sets the house rules,, dad is the enforcer.
That's works in this house.
Gotta be, I'd let the kids drink a Margarita with their dinner if I called all the shots.
It's been two full years without any acting up problems with our 7 year old Maynard. He's turned into a teriffic child. I can't get over how good he is.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/tpc123/Alistoy059.jpg
The last incident, 2 years ago was huge. Brutal. I was thinking about it again today:
The wifie was loading the kids in the truck in front of the house and Maynard detonated over In n Out vs KFC for lunch.
He is a super strong kid & bit mom deluxe and clawed her until she bled, and was swinging at her and was landing some shots in the nose. I finally hear'd the noise and went out front.
Alice is as patient as 10 guide dogs standing side by side,, soft spoken, relaxed,, never gets rattled.
But she was loosing the argument, and was getting upset that she couldn't control him.
It took on to be an insane situation.
I grabbed him by the collar, and dragged him into the backyard.
We sat at the picnic table for well over 2 hours.
He got up, I pushed him down.
I was ready for an all nighter.
If he was my kid I would have annihilated him.
But I convinced him to realize the good gig it is living at my house,, and what he was about to loose. And what the penalties will be from now on.
It's worked, but ya can't give any breaks. Zero tollerance, or they'll test you.
My neighbor has 9 boys, and they are teriffic kids. He's a facinating guy. Tallented, a great neighbor,, but the darkside is is he beats his boys for the slightest infraction with thick leather straps he bought at the bible shack at his church. They're color'd & thicker and stiffer depending on the kids age.
He beats them until they just about drop a load in their pants, but they wear no pants when he's working them over.
He saw the whole incident with Maynard from his upstairs window and later said Maynard would have killed Alice if he had the means to do so..
"That's typical how 5 year olds are, they'll kill you if they can". - He said.
That floored me. But after dealing with Maynard with him all amp'd up I wonder.
What's your take?
Ever a time when your kids got so worked up they would'a killed you if they had the means to?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-27-2007, 01:20 PM
uhm.....I think there is something seriously wrong if a child wants to kill their parents. :confused:
Growing up in my house as a kid...dad made the rules and dad was the enforcer. And dad is 6'5", +300. We listened to dad. :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-27-2007, 01:20 PM
My kid's not a ninja or anything, I'm pretty sure I can take him.
That made me laugh out loud. :)

Do F150's Float?
09-27-2007, 01:21 PM
That made me laugh out loud. :)
Me too, but considering the gravity of the thread topic, i started to type that response and deleted it. LOL

Trailer Park Casanova
09-27-2007, 01:23 PM
My kid's not a ninja or anything, I'm pretty sure I can take him.
That's not the point.

BadKachina
09-27-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm sure that thought has crossed my teenagers mind once or twice. I wouldn't beat him with a belt though, not that I will tell anyone else how to raise their kids but I don't think you have to go to the extreme of using a belt to get your point across. I do spank my kids though. It's best to discipline them when you aren't infuriated and you can think rationally.

Cheap Thrills
09-27-2007, 01:36 PM
My neighbor has 9 boys, and they are teriffic kids. He's a fancinating guy. Tallented, a great neighbor,, but the darkside is is he beats his boys with thick leather straps he bought at the bible shack at his church. They're color'd & thicker and stiffer depending on the kids age.
He beats them until they just about drop a load in their pants, but they wear no pants when he's working them over.
I have never been one to air out my personal business on a public forum. But due to my feeling on the subject I feel like I have to respond to this one.
I believe Kids that get beaten with leather straps or whatever to within inches of bleeding on a regular basis have a reason to want to kill their aggressor. If you teach them violence they will respond with violence. I was one of those kids. It has taken me a lifetime to try and overcome what I went through as a kid and It's been years since I've talked to my father. I wish he had taken the time to understand me instead of just putting down his beer and beating the hell out of me for forgetting to feed the dog or some other minor infraction of the house rules.
I'm not against corporal punishment but it should used sparingly and only as a last resort.
I fear your neighbor is on a path that will lead to him to be estranged from his children.. Sad :(
T.

WaterJunky
09-27-2007, 01:46 PM
I have never been one to air out my personal business on a public forum. But due to my feeling on the subject I feel like I have to respond to this one.
I believe Kids that get beaten with leather straps or whatever to within inches of bleeding on a regular basis have a reason to want to kill their aggressor. If you teach them violence they will respond with violence. I was one of those kids. It has taken me a lifetime to try and overcome what I went through as a kid and It's been years since I've talked to my father. I wish he had taken the time to understand me instead of just putting down his beer and beating the hell out of me for forgetting to feed the dog or some other minor infraction of the house rules.
I'm not against corporal punishment but it should used sparingly and only as a last resort.
I fear your neighbor is on a path that will lead to him to be estranged from his children.. Sad :(
T.
I agree with this thought. Now at times a slap on the ass is a good and effective way of handling a situation, BUT that should be the exception and not the rule. Additionally, a spanking is WAY differerent than what was described on the other side of the fence. I am not sure that I could have seen that and not been arrested for going over and treating him just like he was treating his kid, ie beating him until he crapped himself. I do not deal well with people who like to beat their kids or wives.

CBadDad
09-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Not yet.
My son is fifteen, High School JV QB. A strappin ladd, but he hasn't tested me yet. I don't think I've spanked him in the last eight years or so. I just take shit away from him (XBox, cell phone). When I really was pissed off, I'd grab him by the collar and pin him against the wall and let him know who was in charge in no uncertain terms. I figure there will be a day in the next couple of years where he will test me, but I've been taking Karate wiith his sister for over a year now and hopefully I'll be able to defend myself and mitigate the situation quickly.
My exwife may very well try and kill me, but I have a restraining order against her and will drop her in her tracks if she gets within 100 yds of me. :D
I liked the way you handled the situation. I'm not sure if the boy has some anger issues or what not. You may have to look for some alternative measures as well. My brother bribes his step son and that seems to work pretty well for them.

DeltaSigBoater
09-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Not being a parent you can take what I’m going to say however you want to.
Growing up I was one of those kids who got the belt, wooden spoon, and hand across my body on more than one occasion, by both parents, and yes sometimes I deserved it. When my younger brothers screwed up, they got time-out I got the short end of the stick, since I was older and apparently should know better. After it was over & I was in tears, my brothers’ time-out time was over and they’d come into my room and point, and laugh “you got in trouble, haha, haha, ha ha…” This would only add to my already upset state, and since I couldn’t figure a way to get back at my parents, I’d take my anger out on my brothers, which in turn got me another round.
I’m all for disciplining children, but there is a right and wrong way to go about it. But beating you child to the point to where they are purple isn’t it. I don’t have the end all answer to a child’s behavioral problem, because they are all different, and stem from diverse reasons whether it is consciously, subconsciously, or chemically.
TPC – I applaud you for your approach in which you handled your situation, it seems to have worked!
-DeltaSigBoater

Froggystyle
09-27-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm sure that thought has crossed my teenagers mind once or twice. I wouldn't beat him with a belt though, not that I will tell anyone else how to raise their kids but I don't think you have to go to the extreme of using a belt to get your point across. I do spank my kids though. It's best to discipline them when you aren't infuriated and you can think rationally.
I wish you had been my Dad's best freind about 20 years ago and dropped that nugget on him...
My big problem growing up was that the punishment was always worth the crime. I wasn't scared of an ass-whooping, so the way I saw it, I was willing to take a hit to do stuff I wanted to do.

Flyinbowtie
09-27-2007, 03:44 PM
I don't think either of our sons would have gone off that way.
I was the enforcer around here as they grew up. Mom, bless her pea-pickin' heart, is a pushover, so I was stuck as the bad guy when one was necessary.
I used the "rod" sparingly with them; but they felt the hand a couple of times.
The oldest thought he'd try me once when he was about 17, pushing a button he knew would bring down the wrath.
It did.
He didn't try it again, and we got through that little hiccup just fine. He is 23 now, and doing well.

2Driver
09-27-2007, 04:11 PM
My wife and I both make the rules and both enforce them w/o hitting but rather with a lot of consistency of what we expect from him. He is smart enough to get right and wrong and he gets a decent example from us as parents. My wife and I will never be a perfect parents but we try. The old saying of " wait until your father comes home just tells the kid Mom can't do shit about anything and you should fear your father. Neither of what I want my 6 year old to think.
AS far as the mother focking POS bible thumper beating the crap out of his kid? Well if he was my neighbor I'd be inclined to use the bible to break his teeth and then shove it down his throat
BTW: cute kid

Essex29
09-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Growing up I had a friend that used to get slapped around pretty bad by his step dad. One night he waited until his mom was out and while his step dad was sleeping in bed lit the bed on fire . His step dad got a little charred up and they ended up putting the kid in some type of academy in the med west somewhere.
You have to keep the discipline on the kids from both sides, mom and dad otherwise they figure out how to play the weak one. The beatings, I don't do, but timeouts seem to work for mine.

riverroyal
09-27-2007, 05:28 PM
ive never been put in that type of situation,and have never even come close to thinking about it

Summer LuvN
09-27-2007, 06:13 PM
There's a fine line and once I crossed it. My oldest son ( when he was young) was blowing spit wads through a straw with needles in them ( his buddy thought it would be great fun) at other kids. I paddled his butt so hard he couldn't sit on it. I couldn't believe he would follow the lead of someone and do something that could possibly put someones eye out. To this day I regret it. There was a much better way to handle it. I apologized to him and told him I was wrong for what I did. Both my sons and I have a great relationship, not true for my husband and his daughter. He was always the nice guy, never diciplined, or set rules, boundries and limitations. She is now 17 does not speak to him unless he has something to offer her. She does not come home, and is already having difficulties in school. I went over board and he went under board. :(

SmokinLowriderSS
09-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Wife's oldest boy gave us the most fun, and only dared to defy his mother one time with "Leave Me the F Alone Bich!" when geting him up to go somewhere with us.
I came thru the door, threw the blanket off the bed, and, in NO uncertain terms, informed "Froggy Boy" (age 16, wrestler and football player in High School), that any time he felt like jumping, to GO AHEAD, but that he better jump VERY high, and VERY hard, because when he came back down (and he would) I would be waiting there, to rip him apart, because I may be old, and slow, and decrepit (in his opinion) but that I'd been arround a few places he hadn't, and I WOULD likely break him in half, and then decide which half to beat with the other half.
He NEVER got that snotty with his mother ever again (certainly not within my earshot), and she never said a word (got to like a woman who knows when to back off, when I am backing her UP).
He quietly got dressed after I finished and walked out of the room. :D
The "display" also educated his 3 younger siblings. :idea:

CBadDad
09-27-2007, 07:58 PM
not as kids but adults maybe(1 of them) the wife policed the kids when they where young(both girls).one of my kids drives me nuts the other cool as ice,i remember once as a kid(17) long hair,drinkn driveing just lookn for the next party/chicks,well one night i came home a little drunk walked in the door mom/dad in the kitchen and i said i"I WANT DINNER":( dad walked over and said something i said "FOC " YOU SEE,i never got the "K OFF" out of my mouth cus i was on the floor with dad on my chest:( as dad talked i heard every word'you will stop drinkn,you will get a hair cut, you will not talk to mom that way,you will get a job! or you will get the hell out of MY HOUSE! i miss my dad he was cool;)
I hope my kids say that about me when I'm gone.
Great thread...

rivergoer
09-27-2007, 08:21 PM
my kid and future kids.......hahahaha by the time they get old enough they will have a master sergeant in the marines as a dad and well i think they will know how to act...daddys done a few things in his life already he doesnt like to talk about.............. enough said for me ....they will stay in line.......

Rexone
09-28-2007, 01:03 AM
I have never been one to air out my personal business on a public forum.
Did you ever get the constipation issue under control?

Keith E. Sayre
09-28-2007, 03:11 AM
great thread! Lots of good advice from well meaning parents too.
I was raised with the belt or a switch or whatever was handy. Often if one of the 4 of us lied about "who dun it"
they would line all 4 os us up and start whipping until
someone would admit it. Since noone ever wanted to,
they'd leave the room and let us talk about it, my poor
younger sister always ended up admitting it. Then she'd
get whipped again.
It was pretty severe at our home but I don't hold it against them, they had the same treatment in their homes as kids
so I made a decision to NOT be mean and cruel. I'm not
saying that they didn't get a slap on the butt when they
were smaller but I have an 18 year old daughter and a 12
year old son that are both very polite and well mannered.
Havent' yelled at either of them in about 5 or 6 years.
Maybe it's luck of the draw in some cases but I know that
they only message I got from the anger and the yelling
and the whippings was that dad was mad so I'm gonna get
whipped again. It never really translated to the fact that I
had maybe done something wrong.
I'll also add that if one of my kids ever threatened me with
calling the authorities or suing for a spanking like I read
about in the papers, they would regret it. I'd probably take
them out back and make sure that I would get arrested for
the proper type of treatment that they were going to complain about.
My only advice to others is this, if they screw up, make them pay a price, and be consistent with them. Don't let
things slide because they'll simply keep pushing until you make them pay the price.
Keith Sayre