PDA

View Full Version : Any San Diego \ Carlsbad LEO around?

Singleton
09-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Need some questions answered.
My fiance's ex-husband keeps driving around with my soon to be step-son (age 6, 50lbs) in the front seat of his truck. Twice now he has rear ended someone and the kids has been hurt, but he and the kid have told the LEO's he was in the rear seat, but when we ask we have been told he was up front (My fiance's ex told her this when she pressed the issue).
I want his guy to learn a lesson.
Can he get pulled over if stopped with the kid in the front seat?
If so any chance I can get a LEO to patrol around my streets next week when we has the kids.
All last week, everyday as I left to go to work, I saw my soon to be step-son in the front seat, even after the rear ending that week.
Just want him to learn a lesson and stop. I don't want the kid to get hurt again.
Any help \ answers to above questions would be great
Thanks
Rob

riverroyal
09-27-2007, 06:46 PM
for car seats,regardless of age.Front seat in also against the law until the child is 60 pounds OR they are in a car seat with the air bag off.

Singleton
09-27-2007, 06:49 PM
for car seats,regardless of age.Front seat in also against the law until the child is 60 pounds OR they are in a car seat with the air bag off.
Air Bags are on and he is under 60 lbs.
Just need to know how to get him cited, so he learns and stop hurting my fiance's kid

CBadDad
09-27-2007, 06:50 PM
River Royal speaks the truth....
Have you tried contacting CBad PD? I have found them to be very responsive to my issues...CBad being a low crime rate town and all, not much else to do...

ROZ
09-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Have you tried contacting CBad PD? I have found them to be very responsive to my issues...CBad being a low crime rate town and all, not much else to do...
Agree'd, they are quick to respond...

Singleton
09-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Called them tonight and gave them license plate of truck. They said they would try next week. I just hope he gets stopped and cited.

CBadDad
09-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Agree'd, they are quick to respond...
Been arrested, huh?

riverroyal
09-27-2007, 06:59 PM
sensor in the front seat,it shuts the bag off without enough weight,like a car seat with young one in it.60 pounds is the magic number regardless.Must Cbad police are actually very cool,also very strict

ROZ
09-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Been arrested, huh?
Nah, my aunt's neighbor is a detective there...lol..

Ziggy
09-27-2007, 09:20 PM
I hated the C'bad dirt bike cops back in the late 70's :(

CBadDad
09-27-2007, 09:22 PM
That's cuz you couldn't out run them.
I loved guys like you. :D

Ziggy
09-27-2007, 09:27 PM
That's cuz you couldn't out run them.
I loved guys like you. :D
A friend got kicked over by one but they never got me.......nothing like always having to be on your toes :(

san-d-eggo
09-28-2007, 03:40 AM
all carlsbad cops have to do is pull people over for no front license plate 4 times in one year!

MudPumper
09-28-2007, 05:54 AM
all carlsbad cops have to do is pull people over for no front license plate 4 times in one year!
Maybe if you put that front plate on you wouldn't get pulled over.:idea:

MudPumper
09-28-2007, 06:09 AM
Need some questions answered.
My fiance's ex-husband keeps driving around with my soon to be step-son (age 6, 50lbs) in the front seat of his truck. Twice now he has rear ended someone and the kids has been hurt, but he and the kid have told the LEO's he was in the rear seat, but when we ask we have been told he was up front (My fiance's ex told her this when she pressed the issue).
I want his guy to learn a lesson.
Can he get pulled over if stopped with the kid in the front seat?
If so any chance I can get a LEO to patrol around my streets next week when we has the kids.
All last week, everyday as I left to go to work, I saw my soon to be step-son in the front seat, even after the rear ending that week.
Just want him to learn a lesson and stop. I don't want the kid to get hurt again.
Any help \ answers to above questions would be great
Thanks
Rob
Don't mean to ruin your fun guys but he is not in violation of the law if the child is 6 yrs old even though he is only 50 lbs. :idea:
27360. (a) A parent or legal guardian, when present in a motor
vehicle, as defined in Section 27315, may not permit his or her child
or ward to be transported upon a highway in the motor vehicle
without properly securing the child or ward in a rear seat in a child
passenger restraint system meeting applicable federal motor vehicle
safety standards, unless the child or ward is ONE of the following:
(1) Six years of age or older.
(2) Sixty pounds or more.

Mike67rs
09-28-2007, 06:11 AM
There is no violation if the child is 6 years old OR over 60 lbs. Here are two applicable sections.
27360. (a) A parent or legal guardian, when present in a motor
vehicle, as defined in Section 27315, may not permit his or her child
or ward to be transported upon a highway in the motor vehicle
without properly securing the child or ward in a rear seat in a child
passenger restraint system meeting applicable federal motor vehicle
safety standards, unless the child or ward is one of the following:
(1) Six years of age or older.
(2) Sixty pounds or more.
27360.5. (a) No parent or legal guardian, when present in a motor
vehicle, as defined in Section 27315, may permit his or her child or
ward who is six years of age or older, but less than 16 years of age,
or who is less than six years of age and weighs 60 pounds or more to
be transported upon a highway in the motor vehicle without properly
securing the child or ward in an appropriate child passenger
restraint system or safety belt meeting applicable federal motor
vehicle safety standards.

Mike67rs
09-28-2007, 06:12 AM
Sorry about the double post....Mike

Tremor Therapy
09-28-2007, 06:24 AM
Damn Zig...I didn't know you had the same fun! I used to ride my RM100 down Melrose and then follow the trails out to the old Carlsbad raceway and Calaveras, and they were forever chasing me. I only got caught 1 time, and the cop was actually cool enough to let me go with a warning....he actually smiled and said the chase was a fun ride! But once I got my older brothers Honda Elsinore, the game was on, and they never even got close! :devil:

Ziggy
09-28-2007, 06:30 AM
Calavaras was my backyard, still is.
I could ride all day long and never hit the same trail back then.....Back in those days I rode green.

Tremor Therapy
09-28-2007, 06:34 AM
Damn...we had to have crossed paths at least once! I remember as a kid I always hoped that Roger Decoster or Brad Lackey or Jammin Jimmy or Bob Hannah or Lars Larrsen (this is the guy who started Thor) or someone like that would buy that entire valley and turn it into a MX sanctuary. Its a shame that it will become all business and homes, because there was nothing like riding my bike to the top of the hill to watch the Carlsbad Grand Prix of Motocross! Damn those were some good times!

Ziggy
09-28-2007, 06:40 AM
Damn...we had to have crossed paths at least once! I remember as a kid I always hoped that Roger Decoster or Brad Lackey or Jammin Jimmy or Bob Hannah or Lars Larrsen (this is the guy who started Thor) or someone like that would buy that entire valley and turn it into a MX sanctuary. Its a shame that it will become all business and homes, because there was nothing like riding my bike to the top of the hill to watch the Carlsbad Grand Prix of Motocross! Damn those were some good times!
Yup, we must have. Rode to CRW many times to watch or participate the races.....drove by there yesterday and it made me sad to see all the new buildings, but the old finishline jump is still there :)
For a while CPD had hired Marty Moates to be a dirtbike cop out there(thats who kicked over my friend)...he was hard to loose. Had to outwit him, not outride him;)
I must have put 100k miles on my bikes out there.....good ol' days :( :D