PDA

View Full Version : Does it hurt your feelings..........

Nord
09-27-2007, 08:19 PM
When your boat brand gets bashed all of the time?? I personally am not one to bash another person's mark. However I see it all of the time here on the boards. Just wondering what the effects are of this. I have an Eliminator. Probably bad things to say there, however I could give a rats. I usually let things bounce right off of me.
There are 3 brand names of boats that always seam to be the target. Do you guys as owners really care? Have you ever called your boat's maker, and asked if the statements were true??
Just curious.....................
~NORD~

Havasu Hangin'
09-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Nope.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Cigarette_AD.jpg
:D
PS- Eliminator = A Bayliner with an Earl Scheib Paint job

Cheap Thrills
09-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Nord I have a 40 year old POS kinda hard to badmouth it any further than that One mans trash is another man's treasure. If you like what you have and it works for you who cares what others think. Getting worked up over other peoples opinions is entirely a waste of time.
T.

Cheap Thrills
09-27-2007, 08:29 PM
I don't have to worry about it, I drive a Bayliner :D
You're in worse shape than I am :D
T.

CornWater
09-27-2007, 08:32 PM
I don't have to worry about it either, I don't have feelings....

DeltaSigBoater
09-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Start talking crap about my boat, and I'll right along side you. I know my boat is no Schiada. It looks good from afar, but its far from good. When you get in and start looking around you see that how "quiclky" it was built. To my knowledge Marlin only built 5 boats of the model I have!

boats&bars
09-27-2007, 08:51 PM
I had a guy in a 05 commander last summer talk shit for a good half hour about my Daycruiser and when his rant was over, he said his boat only had 2 faded spots on his gelcoat and his boat was 1 year old. I replyed that my interior may be dirty and old. but I would love to see his boat when it was 30 years old. he shut his mouth when i told him mine was a 1977, he said wow thats really clean for a 77 . I nicely told him you are a dumb_uck .:) enjoy your $500 dollar payments for the next 20 years. he hung his head and left.

beaverretriever
09-27-2007, 08:54 PM
LOL, mine was called a wanna be Skater by a member on here(Skater doesn't even make a version of my boat any longer) ;). Not bad. At least it wasn't called a wanna be Maxim or Bayliner (btw, not bad boats just not a Skater). To even compare my boat to a Skater is a compliment if you ask me. :D
I guess that really doesn't bother me, because it makes no sence.
I did own a Lightning, and the boat wasn't bashed as much as was the owners. People did say a few negative things about Lightning but ours was really great.

Zaairman
09-27-2007, 08:55 PM
When's the last time you heard of somebody making fun of a Tahiti? :idea:

waterboy1
09-27-2007, 08:58 PM
first of all lets do the math shall we.... 2007 minus 1971 = 36 years old not 40. and im sure you all have great boats. its like sayn chevy or ford. that question will transcend all time. i was just wondering what the consensus of the makers were. Ultra or Commander?

vee-driven
09-27-2007, 08:58 PM
I have a rayson craft so i don't worry about it, but FORD sucks. hahah

Sleeper CP
09-27-2007, 09:01 PM
You have a boat:confused:
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

WTMFA
09-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Focking HTM's
Always barrel rolling and sheet:D :D

XtrmWakeborder
09-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Nope.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Cigarette_AD.jpg
I want one of those....uhhh boats.:D

Sleeper CP
09-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Don't make me put you in the same box with "you know who" again :D
Okay, I'll leave you alone......tonight;)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

OCMerrill
09-27-2007, 09:24 PM
I really don't know. Say something bad about my boat and I will get back with you on that.

OCMerrill
09-27-2007, 09:26 PM
You have a boat:confused:
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
Yes he does. It's most certainly NOT a b-boat.:D
There is a picture I know of but it's a secret. If I tell you...well you know how that goes.:)

Cheap Thrills
09-27-2007, 09:27 PM
I really don't know. Say something bad about my boat and I will get back with you on that.
That pink stripe looks like the bra strap of a bubble gum chewing prom queen runner up ..
talk to me buddy . :D
T.

Ziggy
09-27-2007, 09:30 PM
:cry: :cry:
:D:D

OCMerrill
09-27-2007, 09:35 PM
That pink stripe looks like the bra strap of a bubble gum chewing prom queen runner up ..
talk to me buddy . :D
T.
That pink stripe helps keep me in touch with my feminine side. With out that very small pink stripe there is absolutely no way I could Christmas Shop at the mall for a maximum of one hour per year.

BadKachina
09-27-2007, 09:38 PM
You can talk all the crap you want about my resin bucket, at least you wont see my ass on this pos.:eek: :)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40116&stc=1&d=1190957843

RiverToysJas
09-27-2007, 09:39 PM
I paid more to get a Lavey, just so less people would make fun of me. :D
RTJas :D

YeLLowBoaT
09-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Some of the kolaid crowd get all but hurt when you talk shit about thier boats...

OCMerrill
09-27-2007, 09:45 PM
I paid more to get a Lavey, just so less people would make fun of me. :D
RTJas :D
Didn't help me. Apparently Al Lavey had a softer side. I don't think the Camire's would use pink for any reason.
CT's a meanie. I will send you a PM whining about all my problems shortly.:D :D :D

Cheap Thrills
09-27-2007, 09:46 PM
CT's a meanie. I will send you a PM whining about all my problems shortly.:D :D :D
:D Hurry it's almost 02:00 here I'm fading fast.
T.

talkinghead
09-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Wellcraft Nova
http://www.lakewideyachtbrokerage.com/88WellcraftNova.JPG
Also, Checkmate:
http://www.checkmatepowerboats.net/resources/photos/bgPulsare2100%203.jpg

CBadDad
09-27-2007, 09:51 PM
first of all lets do the math shall we.... 2007 minus 1971 = 36 years old not 40. and im sure you all have great boats. its like sayn chevy or ford. that question will transcend all time. i was just wondering what the consensus of the makers were. Ultra or Commander?
Ultra makes a great boat.
I love my Commander.
When it comes time to sell it, I'll have to get back to you...

OCMerrill
09-27-2007, 09:51 PM
:D Hurry it's almost 02:00 here I'm fading fast.
T.
What...did you miss it? Class moves along fast here, try and keep up.
BY the way, I literally LOL on that comment. :D :D :D
And...the color is MAN-Genta. :)
That pink stripe helps keep me in touch with my feminine side. With out that very small pink stripe there is absolutely no way I could Christmas Shop at the mall for a maximum of one hour per year.

Cheap Thrills
09-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Wellcraft Nova
Also, Checkmate:
Both nice boats ! Love the Checkmates always have. One of these days there will be an Enchanter in the stable.....
T.

Cheap Thrills
09-27-2007, 09:56 PM
What...did you miss it? Class moves along fast here, try and keep up.
BY the way, I literally LOL on that comment. :D :D :D
BY the way the color is MAN-Genta. :)
Sheesh . Sorry , I'm time warping here.. frigging bug spray :rolleyes:
Man whatta ? Manjina :D
T.

BadKachina
09-27-2007, 09:57 PM
On a serious note, no matter what is said here. I've had some great times and memories on my boat. I bought it new in 2000, and I still think about going out and having a good time. I love the days where it runs good, we hang out with friends and family and just relax. It's priceless. In the end it wouldn't matter if I was on an Outerlimits or a Bayliner, as long as I had a good time.:)

OCMerrill
09-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Sheesh . Sorry , I'm time warping here.. frigging bug spray :rolleyes:
Man whatta ? Manjina :D
T.
Smoking a fatty laced with Bug Spray...Nice. You computer dudes really know how to party:eek:
:D :D

Magic34
09-27-2007, 10:24 PM
People call my boat a tuna boat. I dont get it, I wont bait the hook or take the fish off of it.:)
When those same people are sweating their a$$ off in their boat, I smile and wave while I eat lunch with my family in 78 degrees watching a ball game on the TV in my cabin. :D :D

Nord
09-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Smoking a fatty laced with Bug Spray...Nice. You computer dudes really know how to party:eek:
:D :D
You should see what he drinks:eek:

XtrmWakeborder
09-27-2007, 10:37 PM
People call my boat a tuna boat. I dont get it, I wont bait the hook or take the fish off of it.:)
When those same people are sweating their a$$ off in their boat, I smile and wave while I eat lunch with my family in 78 degrees watching a ball game on the TV in my cabin. :D :D
Haha I really don't think anybody is making fun of your boat....

CBadDad
09-27-2007, 10:41 PM
On a serious note, no matter what is said here. I've had some great times and memories on my boat. I bought it new in 2000, and I still think about going out and having a good time. I love the days where it runs good, we hang out with friends and family and just relax. It's priceless. In the end it wouldn't matter if I was on an Outerlimits or a Bayliner, as long as I had a good time.:)
http://macnugget.org/albums/strange/werd.jpg

DeltaSigBoater
09-27-2007, 10:46 PM
I dont get the tuna reference either... I think its that have nots trying to clown on the haves. And your boat isnt really set up for fishing :D
Would I have own your boat? At this point in my life no, but in a few year who knows?

Magic34
09-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Haha I really don't think anybody is making fun of your boat....
I know, just friends having fun taking jabs at one another. I enjoy it. :D

LOWRIVER2
09-27-2007, 11:15 PM
I find it strange that owners of certain brands share the same f-d up attitudes, lack of respect to others and self absorbtion to ridiculously high levels. And their boats are not bad mouthed for the most part. This pertains to a certain higher end co. that frequents Havi and to a certain small boat mfg. that runs on the lower river. Completely different boats but both have owners with larger than life egos.
Too funny.

No Name
09-27-2007, 11:29 PM
I think all of these boats are trash.:)
Activator
Active Thunder
Adrenaline
Advantage
Aero-Tek
American Offshore
Amt
Apache
Aronow
Awsome Cat
Baja
Black Thunder
Caravelle
Carrera
Cary
Catera
Challenger
Checkmate
Chris Craft
Cigarette
Commander
Concept
Cougar
Dana
DCB
Donzi
Dragon
Eliminator
Envision
Excalibur
Express Cat
Force Offshore
Formula
Fountain
Glasstream
HTM
Howard
Hallet
Hustler
Intercept
Jaguar
Joker
Kachina
Kryptonite
Latitude
Laveycraft
Magic
Magnum
Mares
Marine Technology
Midnight Express
Motion
Nordic
Nortech
Ocean Express
Ocean Hawk
Outerlimits
Pantera
Phantom
Powerplay
Powerquest
Progression
Saber
Scarab
Sea Ray
Skater
Sonic
Spectre
Sunsation
Sunseeker
Superboat
Sutphen
Talon
Ultimate Warlock
Velocity
Venom
Vicious Offshore
Virage
Warlock Marine
Wellcraft
Ultra
Other
Misc V
Misc Cat
Project Boats
Race Boats
I hope I didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings. :D

CBadDad
09-27-2007, 11:31 PM
NO Name, you already get married?
...see what happens?

No Name
09-27-2007, 11:33 PM
NO Name, you already get married?
...see what happens?
No, leaving Monday and hanging myself on the 4th.:D

CBadDad
09-27-2007, 11:35 PM
No, leaving Monday and hanging myself on the 4th.:D
It only get's worse.

No Name
09-27-2007, 11:38 PM
It only get's worse.
I know it.:cry:
You would think I would have learned after the first one.:hammer2: :hammer2:

DeltaSigBoater
09-27-2007, 11:39 PM
I think all of these boats are trash.:)
Activator Active Thunder Adrenaline Advantage Aero-Tek American Offshore Amt Apache Aronow Awsome Cat Baja Black Thunder Caravelle
Carrera Cary Catera Challenger Checkmate Chris Craft Cigarette Commander Concept Cougar Dana DCB Donzi Dragon Eliminator Envision Excalibur Express Cat Force Offshore Formula Fountain Glasstream HTM Howard Hallet Hustler Intercept Jaguar Joker Kachina
Kryptonite Latitude Laveycraft Magic Magnum Mares Marine Technology Midnight Express Motion Nordic Nortech Ocean Express Ocean Hawk Outerlimits Pantera Phantom Powerplay Powerquest Profile Progression Saber Scarab Sea Ray Skater Sonic Spectre Sunsation
Sunseeker Superboat Sutphen Talon Ultimate Warlock Velocity Venom Vicious Offshore Virage Warlock Marine Wellcraft Ultra Other Misc V Misc Cat Project Boats Race Boats
I hope I didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings. :D
WOW :eek:
I cannot beleived you typed all that out!

CBadDad
09-27-2007, 11:40 PM
I know it.:cry:
You would think I would have learned after the first one.:hammer2: :hammer2:
Oh my, this is number two???
Fock, well if it's any consolation, they're all carzy. At least you scored a fine ass one.
Did you get a pre nup?

No Name
09-27-2007, 11:41 PM
WOW :eek:
I cannot beleived you typed all that out!
OSO....Copy and paste.:D

No Name
09-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Oh my, this is number two???
I know one thing I’m done after this one fails.:)
I refuse to be one of those three time losers.:D
Fock, well if it's any consolation, they're all carzy. At least you scored a fine ass one.
I hear ya and thanks. But show me the hottest chick out there and I’ll show you a guy that’s sick of it.:D
Did you get a pre nup?
Lets just say I got it covered.:D :D

No Name
09-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Not at all :D
Oh you're in there. You fall under other.:D :D

djunkie
09-28-2007, 02:28 AM
:D We Schiada owners don't worry about this.....................:D :D
Same with us Howard owners. :D :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-28-2007, 06:48 AM
We used to own a frequently bashed brand. It used to totally bum me out when people would talk shit about it. It was not the best boat in the world but it always ran and we had a great time on it. I spent many a day defending them here. would we ever buy another one? Hell no! :D
Now we have a Stoker and Shiada so if anyone bashes them, I know they are just jealous. :D

Tremor Therapy
09-28-2007, 06:54 AM
I have owned 3 Shockwaves, and if they keep up the quality I will probably own another one some day. I find it funny when people bash 1 builder over another. Boats are like cars or anything else..its personal preference and what you can afford! I've seen high dollar DCB's, Eliminator's and others being towed in while a 15 year old Bayliner is passing them in the no wake zone.

Jyruiz
09-28-2007, 07:19 AM
Doesn't bother me at all, I knew going in that Commanders got bashed a lot here, but a lot of owners told me that there boats stayed together fine and that it was there customer service that sucked. Well, I was buying used, so no need to deal with Commander, so purchased the boat. Two years later, and we are really happy with our boat.
I am not one to bash anybodies boat, I am happy with mine and feel that if you have to bash somebody elses boat, than you are probably not really that happy with yours and bashing somebody elses boat probably makes you feel better about your boat.
I say, enjoy what you got and let the haters hate, life is to short to waste time on something so petty.

Jordy
09-28-2007, 07:20 AM
What are feelings??? :idea:

Jbb
09-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Nope.
That's pretty harsh.....you hurt my feelings....:mad:

BadKachina
09-28-2007, 07:33 AM
That's pretty harsh.....you hurt my feelings....:mad:
:(
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40126&stc=1&d=1190993547

justfloatn
09-28-2007, 07:40 AM
No worries, at least our gel is in style one week every year..Six months till Easter!!!
Right Jordy:D :D

Devil's Advocate
09-28-2007, 11:40 AM
I know one thing I’m done after this one fails.:)
I refuse to be one of those three time losers.:D
I hear ya and thanks. But show me the hottest chick out there and I’ll show you a guy that’s sick of it.:D
Lets just say I got it covered.:D :D
:jawdrop:
Whatever you can do, I can do better.:D

No Name
09-28-2007, 11:45 AM
:jawdrop:
Whatever you can do, I can do better.:D
You keep telling yourself that.:)
Here you go........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0YwK0DvW1o

Biglue
09-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Doesn't bother me at all, I knew going in that Commanders got bashed a lot here, but a lot of owners told me that there boats stayed together fine and that it was there customer service that sucked. Well, I was buying used, so no need to deal with Commander, so purchased the boat. Two years later, and we are really happy with our boat.
I am not one to bash anybodies boat, I am happy with mine and feel that if you have to bash somebody elses boat, than you are probably not really that happy with yours and bashing somebody elses boat probably makes you feel better about your boat.
I say, enjoy what you got and let the haters hate, life is to short to waste time on something so petty.
Commander racing baby....Commander racing. :D
I could give a rats ass when someone bashes Commander. It made the most sense to me when I was shopping, that's all that matters. I'd even go as far as saying I would own another one. If their customer service treated me as bad as everyone says they are, then I will make up my own mind when I cross that bridge. Now Kachina on the other hand. :D

Devil's Advocate
09-28-2007, 11:50 AM

Big Warlock
09-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Be nice!!! You got a good thing going. You'll never, ever do better than what you have right now. And you know it!!! You hit the jackpot!! Now go tie the knot and come home to your friends!! Oh, and you can come out on the Guppy now until the next boat! :D
Your both great people. You were meant to be together!! I don't care what Jordy says!! :eek:

Nord
09-28-2007, 12:22 PM
What are feelings??? :idea:
lol.............:D

No Name
09-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Be nice!!! You got a good thing going. You'll never, ever do better than what you have right now. And you know it!!! You hit the jackpot!! Now go tie the knot and come home to your friends!! Oh, and you can come out on the Guppy now until the next boat! :D
Your both great people. You were meant to be together!! I don't care what Jordy says!! :eek:
Thanks Rob.
I guess I might as well………..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e-vgQSqNtA

WaterJunky
09-28-2007, 01:15 PM
So...
Does being brand loyal requre you to currently own a boat?
Just checking before I open my mouth and insert my foot.

DeltaSigBoater
09-28-2007, 01:17 PM
So...
Does being brand loyal requre you to currently own a boat?
Just checking before I open my mouth and insert my foot.
Of course not wheres the fun in that :D

AZJD
09-28-2007, 01:18 PM
You can talk all the crap you want about my resin bucket, at least you wont see my ass on this pos.:eek: :)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40116&stc=1&d=1190957843
Is that JBB?:D

Scapegoat1
09-28-2007, 01:43 PM
I had a guy pull up next to us in an Essex and just start trash talking my Cheetah. Till I ask him to put his money where his mouth was. he claimed ain't no way my boat would keep up with him. :D He started his boat like he was ready for a run. I started mine up then he shut his off, seemed he changed his mind. All his buddies started laughing at him. He stop trash talking after that. I know I own a cheetah, but it is not your average cheetah:D

Nord
09-28-2007, 01:57 PM
No thats Byran;) :)

HalletDave
09-28-2007, 02:03 PM
I think it is Brine.;) :D

andy01
09-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Nord LOL at the first sentence in this thread..... :)
Jet Skis are better then boats anyway, I don't know why you guys get so upset about your boat names. The build the service and price isn't all in a name.
A yugo in 1990 would get you from home to work for a couple thousand bucks.
A benz in 1990 would get you from home to work for a few thousand bucks.
At the end of the day you went to work, made money and went home....... it was all the same on Saturday when you were laying it bed watching TV.
Drive a HTM straight all weekend, Drive a Skater all weekend. Come Monday at your desk it was still a good time that you can reflect back on.
Andy

Nord
09-28-2007, 02:14 PM
I think it is Brine.;) :D
Thats what I said
Nord LOL at the first sentence in this thread..... :)
Jet Skis are better then boats anyway, I don't know why you guys get so upset about your boat names. The build the service and price isn't all in a name.
A yugo in 1990 would get you from home to work for a couple thousand bucks.
A benz in 1990 would get you from home to work for a few thousand bucks.
At the end of the day you went to work, made money and went home....... it was all the same on Saturday when you were laying it bed watching TV.
Drive a HTM straight all weekend, Drive a Skater all weekend. Come Monday at your desk it was still a good time that you can reflect back on.
Andy
Your welcome for the laugh:) I just think it is funny how people have their spirit broke after someone says bad things about their boat brand. I agree with what you are saying 110% Lets not forget that I was the one with the original idea of the "F*ck it"!!!:D

andy01
09-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Your welcome for the laugh:) I just think it is funny how people have their spirit broke after someone says bad things about their boat brand. I agree with what you are saying 110% Lets not forget that I was the one with the original idea of the "F*ck it"!!!:D
Word

Jbb
09-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Stand up's rule!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40116&d=1190957867

River Lynchmob
09-28-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't know why anyone would give two squirts of piss as to what someone else thought of your ride. Do you like it? Do you have fun in it? If you answered yes then it is great...well unless it's a DCB that is :D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
09-28-2007, 03:41 PM
They all keep an ice chest cold on the beach. Some get to the beach faster and some keep the carbination (sp?) settled in the can.

sleekcraft137
09-28-2007, 03:44 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h123/dannlisa916/306e_1.jpg
YOU BIG BOAT MEANIES!!!

AZJD
09-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Warlock Powerboats SUCK!!!!!!:devil:

AZJD
09-28-2007, 03:49 PM
No thats Byran;) :)
I missed the shit right out of that opportunity............
Swing and a miss!:D :D :D

H20 Toie
09-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Some boats deserve to be bashed.
The reason i found Hot Boat was becuase i wanted to make sure that i didnt make the same mistake again and have a boat that was put together poorly and had even worse customer service. The information i got from here was very useful. Any boat can have problems no matter who the manifacture is.
But for me when the boat fills up with 20 gal of fuel becuase of the way it is built and the manifacture knows of the problem but doesnt warn any of their customers that is just wrong. At least i was lucky and know one was hurt. ( my 6 mo old daughter was in the boat also)