PDA

View Full Version : So I've been looking for a new boat

Cigalert
09-28-2007, 06:40 AM
and I'm getting a little annoyed.
I've been talking to few builders and I'm torn between Decks, Cats and V's all due to price. I have an opportunity to purchase a vacation home in Havi so my financial plans are changing by the minute. But this is not my point.
Specifically at the LA Boat show earlier this year, Demo days at Irvine Lake and the Long Beach show last week there is a lot of name calling and severe bashings from sales guys.
When I say guys are bashing these builders I mean double fisting them in the pooper. They are standing in front of their "new" boat company and talking out of their ass about personal ordeals that have nothing to do with the business being bashed. I personally don't care who "stole" who's hull design or how you got fired for something you "didn't even do". I don't want to hear about it. If I had any employee pulling this crap I'd hang him by his sack with a marauder lure and pull him off the ground with a forklift until something snaps.
Ahhh, look at the time. I gotta go drop my morning "salesman" in the toidy.

Ivan Dan
09-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Here is a really nice looking used boat (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163653) so you can buy the Havasu house also. :D:) :D

DeltaSigBoater
09-28-2007, 10:37 AM
and I'm getting a little annoyed.
I've been talking to few builders and I'm torn between Decks, Cats and V's all due to price. I have an opportunity to purchase a vacation home in Havi so my financial plans are changing by the minute. But this is not my point.
Specifically at the LA Boat show earlier this year, Demo days at Irvine Lake and the Long Beach show last week there is a lot of name calling and severe bashings from sales guys.
When I say guys are bashing these builders I mean double fisting them in the pooper. They are standing in front of their "new" boat company and talking out of their ass about personal ordeals that have nothing to do with the business being bashed. I personally don't care who "stole" who's hull design or how you got fired for something you "didn't even do". I don't want to hear about it. If I had any employee pulling this crap I'd hang him by his sack with a marauder lure and pull him off the ground with a forklift until something snaps.
Ahhh, look at the time. I gotta go drop my morning "salesman" in the toidy.
Great Post :D
I agree 100%

32sunrkt
09-28-2007, 10:41 AM
DO yourself a favor .....Buy a SUNSATION.:D

32sunrkt
09-28-2007, 10:42 AM

Cigalert
09-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Here is a really nice looking used boat (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163653) so you can buy the Havasu house also. :D:) :D
Daniel, we've already talked about this. I NEED MORE TIME DAMNIT!!!!
If you can get rid of my boat or take it on trade I will talk a little more serious. I just finished a week of reindeer games with some tool that said he had a check in hand for my boat earlier this week. Problem is, he had a check for a grand less than we agreed because he "had to pay sales tax and it was a lot of trouble to get the check". Not my foking problem ass cracker. He now knows how I feel about sand and where he should put it.

Cigalert
09-28-2007, 10:59 AM
But I only need one boat.

Froggystyle
09-28-2007, 11:06 AM
What you should do is find a company owned by someone who was never in the business, built a bottom and deck from scratch, doesn't have anyone on staff that has ever worked for a boat company before and has put business ethics in front of everything else... including profit.
I know a guy... ;)

Not So Fast
09-28-2007, 11:06 AM
You obviously know the pros and cons of the different hulls so it's what ever fills your ticket right? For me a deck boat is the only one and couldnt be happier with the choice. Lots to choose from now which wasnt the case when we bought ours, good luck!! NSF

Cigalert
09-28-2007, 11:19 AM
What you should do is find a company owned by someone who was never in the business, built a bottom and deck from scratch, doesn't have anyone on staff that has ever worked for a boat company before and has put business ethics in front of everything else... including profit.
I know a guy... ;)
Froggy, I'll be honest, I've given your stuff a peak. The wife likes the rear access and how the front closes up (2 month old daughter at home). There are some things I really like and some things I could really do without. It seems like a lot of boat builders like to toss out the biggest and baddest motors on the 1st of's. I don't want anything big. I just want to roll with the HO crowd. Are you my huckleberry?
NSF, Lots to choose from but Magic's price point is still hard to beat. Bringing back to...HEY FROGGY?

Relaxalot
09-28-2007, 11:26 AM
buy mine 50k

Froggystyle
09-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Froggy, I'll be honest, I've given your stuff a peak. The wife likes the rear access and how the front closes up (2 month old daughter at home). There are some things I really like and some things I could really do without. It seems like a lot of boat builders like to toss out the biggest and baddest motors on the 1st of's. I don't want anything big. I just want to roll with the HO crowd. Are you my huckleberry?
NSF, Lots to choose from but Magic's price point is still hard to beat. Bringing back to...HEY FROGGY?
We are heading out to water test a 496HO for the first time today in fact. Going to a dealer in Tennessee.
We aren't the cheapest, but it is the best built, highest performance, highest quality deck on the market.
Anything that doesn't affect the quality of the boat or the construction you are completely able to "do without" on our boat. I recommend the automatic fire suppression system to everyone regardless, and think the ramp is too good to pass up on, but other than that, we can go as spartan as you wish. This one right now doesn't even have the billet plates around the stern but has non-skid instead. $2K saved.
Drop me your e-mail and I will get you some pics if you wish.

DeltaSigBoater
09-28-2007, 11:51 AM
I know a guy... ;)
By "worked for a boat company" does that mean a builder, dealer, or both... because I think there is a huge difference between the two.

Froggystyle
09-28-2007, 12:03 PM
By "worked for a boat company" does that mean a builder, dealer, or both... because I think there is a huge difference between the two.
Sure, there is a difference in many circumstances. But if your boat builder is your dealer as well (common in the custom market) then there is no difference.
Often times, salesmen are poorly trained and are not aware they are making impressions about the company the entire time. I have been very careful to only have my own guys selling our boats up to now, so if you go to the shows, go to the events, the people you talk to know what we do, and where we fit in the industry, but won't speak from any kind of experience with regard to how they left a different company or what have you...
Not that it is a qualifier or a disqualifier... I just was making small talk I guess.
Tough to be vague and funny in this place...

Cigalert
09-28-2007, 12:07 PM
impossible

DeltaSigBoater
09-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Sure, there is a difference in many circumstances. But if your boat builder is your dealer as well (common in the custom market) then there is no difference.
Often times, salesmen are poorly trained and are not aware they are making impressions about the company the entire time. I have been very careful to only have my own guys selling our boats up to now, so if you go to the shows, go to the events, the people you talk to know what we do, and where we fit in the industry, but won't speak from any kind of experience with regard to how they left a different company or what have you...
Not that it is a qualifier or a disqualifier... I just was making small talk I guess.
Oh very true :idea:

Froggystyle
09-28-2007, 12:08 PM
impossible
Check your e-mail...

LuckyStrike
09-28-2007, 01:11 PM
The LuckyStrike is still for sale:D

Froggystyle
09-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Just took some new pics, and updated the website on the boats in stock page if anyone is interested...
Trident Boats "In Stock" Gallery (http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/v/In_stock/?g2_highlightId=2682)
Check out "Deep Ocean Blue"... she looks hot!
:D
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/3334-2/Finished051.JPG

beaverretriever
09-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Just took some new pics, and updated the website on the boats in stock page if anyone is interested...
Trident Boats "In Stock" Gallery (http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/v/In_stock/?g2_highlightId=2682)
Check out "Deep Ocean Blue"... she looks hot!
:D
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/3334-2/Finished051.JPG
Wes, I don't think that thing has enough focking cupholders....:D :D :D

Froggystyle
09-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Wes, I don't think that thing has enough focking cupholders....:D :D :D
Well, I still have some places left where I have considered putting some.
I want at least one in the engine compartment for performing maintenance, and probably another two would fit up in the front ramp area if we needed them to.
There is still space left... :D

ChumpChange
09-28-2007, 04:27 PM
The wife likes the rear access
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Froggystyle
09-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Froggy, I'll be honest,.. The wife likes the rear access...
Sigged... :D

Cigalert
09-28-2007, 05:20 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
after I pressed send I was thinking about editing but then I was thinking "hey, this is fokin ***boat. Some mofo is going to smell the chit I'm stepping in". Shownuff chump change to the rescue. Nice catch.

Ivan Dan
09-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Daniel, we've already talked about this. I NEED MORE TIME DAMNIT!!!!
If you can get rid of my boat or take it on trade I will talk a little more serious. I just finished a week of reindeer games with some tool that said he had a check in hand for my boat earlier this week. Problem is, he had a check for a grand less than we agreed because he "had to pay sales tax and it was a lot of trouble to get the check". Not my foking problem ass cracker. He now knows how I feel about sand and where he should put it.
Not looking for another boat right this minute but sell that sucka so you can buy mine. You definitely couldn't go wrong buying my boat.

Uniqueperformancewest
09-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Hey Cig,
Have you given E-ticket any thoughts, they have an awesome deck boat line. They have there 29 Luxury Cat and there is a new model the 26 Luxury Cat. We are E-tickets west coast dealer and we will have one of their new 29's at our facility sometime next month. I definetly love for you to come down to our shop and you can check out there boats, were located in Anaheim Hills. We could definetly offer you an awesome boat at an awesome price if your interested in chatting come by and check out our new showroom.
Shoot me an email with any questions you might have, john@uniqueperformancemarine.com
Thanks John