PDA

View Full Version : Man Found Dead in Canyon Country Bar

desertbird
02-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Anybody else know Mugsy's out here in the SCV? Anybody remember when it was in the Valley? Anyone know who it was that got killed this weekend?
I was a long time patron who hasn't been around much lately. The description of the 'Vic' meets the description of the owner. :frown:
__________________________________________________ _______
Man Found Dead in Canyon Country Bar
2/27/2006
Kristopher Daams Signal Staff Writer
A Canyon Country bar was the scene of a homicide investigation Sunday as detectives looked into the discovery of a dead man inside the establishment.
At about 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning, deputies responded to a call made by a woman from MugsyÂ’s Bar, located at 20655 Soledad Canyon Road in the Soledad Plaza shopping center near the intersection of Reuther Avenue and Soledad Canyon Road.
Sgt. Jeff Cochran of the sheriff’s department homicide bureau said the woman “provided information about a dead body” that was inside Mugsy’s.
The victim is an adult white male, in his 40s, who was pronounced dead at the scene. His name is being withheld.
A news release from the sheriffÂ’s department classified the case as a stabbing death investigation.
“It does appear that he (the victim) has suffered bleeding-type injuries to his head,” Cochran said, and added that the victim was the “victim of some trauma.”
Cochran would not say if it was blunt force trauma to the skull.
The female also appeared to be an assault victim and “was present during an apparent assault that occurred after hours,” Cochran said. Cochran believes the incident occurred at about 2 a.m.
She was taken to Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital in the early morning, Cochran said.
“The actual assault may have occurred a few hours prior to that,” Cochran said.
There was no indication that there was any assault between the adult female and the victim and it seems possible that it was by another party, Cochran said.
Broken glass littered the front patio of the establishment, and Cochran said the body of the deceased male was found near the front of the business.
Cochran said there was no indication that the female — who he identified as “very important” to the investigation — witnessed anything, and he was unable to identify the victim in relation to the business.
“There are several people we need to talk to,” Cochran said.
An employee of a nearby business claimed to have been formerly employed at the bar. The individual — who wished to remain unidentified — described the victim as having “a cold personality” and “not real friendly.”

riverracerx
02-27-2006, 10:18 AM
I am sure it was just a misunderstanding? :rolleyes:

OGShocker
02-27-2006, 10:35 AM
The individual — who wished to remain unidentified — described the victim as having “a cold personality” and “not real friendly.”
Poor guy. I mean, kick a guy while he's down... FOCK.

riverracerx
02-27-2006, 10:49 AM
He really gonna have a "cold" personality now.

nobling
02-27-2006, 11:21 AM
He really gonna have a "cold" personality now.
Thats not a nice thing to say,its just 'cold blooded' :rolleyes: to talk about your people like that. Remember you to are a C.C boy!! :p

Cole91
02-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Were the hell is mugsy's? I've been drinking in that town for 15 years, and I've never heard of this joint. Was it called somthing else?

Sleek-Jet
02-27-2006, 11:42 AM
This would be alot more interesting if it had been "Man Found Dead in Canyon County Bear"... :D :crossx: :skull: :D

Cole91
02-27-2006, 11:53 AM
This would be alot more interesting if it had been "Man Found Dead in Canyon County Bear"... :D :crossx: :skull: :D
RIGHT!!!! :crossx:

sea2lake
02-27-2006, 12:01 PM
did it say that alcohol (sp) was involved??

MudPumper
02-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Were the hell is mugsy's? I've been drinking in that town for 15 years, and I've never heard of this joint. Was it called somthing else?
Exactly, I was born and raised here and in my 30 yrs have never heard of it. :confused: :rollside:

desertbird
02-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Exactly, I was born and raised here and in my 30 yrs have never heard of it. :confused: :rollside:
Mugsy's started in Granada Hills (San Fernando Valley). It was an old watering hole for me and a bunch of us that also fled the SFV for the SCV.
Mugsy's closed about 5 years ago, and then had a recent "Grand Opening" in Canyon Country a few months ago. Remember "Sante Fe Billiards" or "Cactus Club", or "Chicago Bar" or whatever the latest name was of the joint on Soledad? (Near Hobby Shack, Starcycle, etc.)
Well what's left of it is now Mugsy's. The rest became the mexican restaraunt.
I dunno what went down there over the weekend, but I thought I'd put the news out here on the board and see if anyone else besides me heard about it......

MudPumper
02-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Mugsy's started in Granada Hills (San Fernando Valley). It was an old watering hole for me and a bunch of us that also fled the SFV for the SCV.
Mugsy's closed about 5 years ago, and then had a recent "Grand Opening" in Canyon Country a few months ago. Remember "Sante Fe Billiards" or "Cactus Club", or "Chicago Bar" or whatever the latest name was of the joint on Soledad? (Near Hobby Shack, Starcycle, etc.)
Well what's left of it is now Mugsy's. The rest became the mexican restaraunt.
I dunno what went down there over the weekend, but I thought I'd put the news out here on the board and see if anyone else besides me heard about it......
Copy, used to go to "Santa Fe/Cactus Club/Chigago Bar" LOL

desertbird
02-27-2006, 04:30 PM
The Signal plans on a follow-up story tomorrow. We'll see.

coolchange
02-27-2006, 05:25 PM
I remember that place in the Valley vaguely (sp). Where was it? I live down the street from it now. Great, more "element" in the neighborhood.

MagicMtnDan
02-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Shocking to hear something like that happened in such a lovely place :rolleyes: