PDA

View Full Version : What matters?

Tom Brown
09-29-2007, 10:09 AM
I was working on some semi-controversial dog material this morning when I received word.
For months now I've been doing little other than working long hours and trying to get on here for a few minutes, every day or two.
Sometimes things happen that help put things into perspective. Right now is just such a time.
Today was to be the day I return to the gym to move my exercise indoors for the fall and winter season. I've been training for a charity run in a few weeks.
There is a great gym right beside my place of work. I had my Saturday all planned out: sleep until 9:00, breakfast, hit the gym for a couple of hours and then stop by work until about midnight.
Now, I'm going to pass on the gym. It might do me some good but I'm a little too choked up to work out right now. Instead, I'll just go to work. In fact, I think I'll walk there. The fresh air will do me good.
Here's the deal: The people who make our lives bearable are not going to be here forever. With these people around, life is beautiful. Without them, there wouldn't be much point.
For as little as I have in common with anyone here, I've become quite attached to a good many ***boaters. Everyone here has my best wishes for friendship and happiness.
- Tom

ratso
09-29-2007, 10:10 AM
I Love You Tom...;)

HOSS
09-29-2007, 10:12 AM
phuc u tom

Cheap Thrills
09-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Tom,
Sometimes your post are a little cryptic but I believe I get the picture on this one.
Sorry for your loss man.
Love From The Carolinas.
T.

photo chick
09-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Tom very well written! Yesterday morning, when I answered the phone, I had no idea that call would change my outlook on life...........

topless
09-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Ya know Tom, I have loved you for a long time and am very hurt that you don't call me any more. I thought our nights in the trailer were special. I'm now feeling very used and unappreciated. I'm going to go buy a pitbull and name him Tom.:mad:

Rexone
09-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Tom very well written! Yesterday morning, when I answered the phone, I had no idea that call would change my outlook on life...........
I hear you loud and clear Lori. CK will me missed by many. His humor and graciousness will never be forgotten. My only wish, which is somewhat selfish on my part, is that I'd taken the time sooner, to meet him and get to know him better. However I am very thankful that I did know him even if it was "just a little".

Boatcop
09-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Nothing really matters. Anyone can see. Nothing really matters, nothing really matters, to me.

Sleeper CP
09-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Some times you need to stop and smell the roses.
Sorry for the loss of your friend.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Nord
09-29-2007, 10:46 AM
CK?:confused:

Rexone
09-29-2007, 10:48 AM
For those who don't yet know. Flatstupid (Craig Kinnaman) passed away yesterday. There is a thread in the vdrive forum about it.

Cheap Thrills
09-29-2007, 10:51 AM
No one leaves you when they live in your heart and mind.
No one dies , They just move to the other side.
When they're gone , watch the world simply carry on.
It's ok we'll stay and be happy with those who love us today.
And we won't understand your pain, because time is an illusion
As this watery world spins round, the timeless sun, will dry your eyes,,,
And calm your mind.
Marillion
Godspeed CK.
T.

topless
09-29-2007, 10:55 AM
For those who don't yet know. Flatstupid (Craig Kinnaman) passed away yesterday. There is a thread in the vdrive forum about it.I'm sorry. I didn't know. He and his family will be in my prayers.

photo chick
09-29-2007, 10:56 AM
For those who don't yet know. Flatstupid (Craig Kinnaman) passed away yesterday. There is a thread in the vdrive forum about it.
Thanks Mike.....

OCMerrill
09-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Sorry to read of the loss of your friend Tom.:(

Rattle Can Lou
09-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Tom, you do have a way with words. I have a wonderful family. This place has developed so many friends in a short period of time it's amazing. I, like you Rex, got to be around Craig a little bit. But that time now becomes precious and special. We had way too much fun in way to short of time. He enjoyed the fun things in life and I admire that. Rest my Friend and I feel that our laughing together will happen agian.

rrrr
09-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks for being so insightful, Tom. I always enjoy your presence here, and it's not just all the fun and games. I appreciate the times you share your serious thoughts with us.
On a sorta related note, last week I got this strange feeling I needed to go see my parents. They live in Albuquerque. I just finished purchasing air tickets online so my wife and I will be there next weekend. Those intuitive thoughts should never be ignored, I think.
I hope all of Craig's friends and family will find comfort tonight and in the days to come.

DeltaSigBoater
09-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Been down this road... :(
9-25-2004, My brother & myself found our roommate/fraternity brother/and one of our best friends dead in his room. It was then when I realized how short life is, because only 24 hours earlier we we're talking life for granted.
It is always sad when you learn that a member of a community has passed away, even more so when you know that individual personally.
To the family, friends, and anyone who ever knew Craig “Flatstupid” Kinnaman, I am truly sorry for your loss.
~DeltaSigBoater

Roaddogg 4040
09-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Nice words Tom... Craig will be missed by a lot of people... Enjoy your friends everyday...
Steve

charlyox
09-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Back at you big guy.

Kim Hanson
09-29-2007, 08:15 PM
I was working on some semi-controversial dog material this morning when I received word.
For months now I've been doing little other than working long hours and trying to get on here for a few minutes, every day or two.
Sometimes things happen that help put things into perspective. Right now is just such a time.
Today was to be the day I return to the gym to move my exercise indoors for the fall and winter season. I've been training for a charity run in a few weeks.
There is a great gym right beside my place of work. I had my Saturday all planned out: sleep until 9:00, breakfast, hit the gym for a couple of hours and then stop by work until about midnight.
Now, I'm going to pass on the gym. It might do me some good but I'm a little too choked up to work out right now. Instead, I'll just go to work. In fact, I think I'll walk there. The fresh air will do me good.
Here's the deal: The people who make our lives bearable are not going to be here forever. With these people around, life is beautiful. Without them, there wouldn't be much point.
For as little as I have in common with anyone here, I've become quite attached to a good many ***boaters. Everyone here has my best wishes for friendship and happiness.
- Tom
I love you also Tom, Marcy is ditto...........( . )( . ).........Now go eat some " MUFFINS " and get in control :D :D
So sorry to hear about flatstupid :( prayers going out....:(

Flyinbowtie
09-30-2007, 07:50 AM
You said it well, Tom.
Godspeed to your friend, and best wishes to you.