PDA

View Full Version : Side X Side's on the street

WTMFA
09-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Be careful driving your rhinos, rangers, & arctic cats on the street. Not more than a couple hours ago a guy was driving his up McCulloch near cherry tree in havasu and was hit by a car. He flipped and was stuck inside while it caught on fire. He got out but they had to air lift him due to severe burns. There was literally nothing but metal left after the fire. I don't care which one you own they don't handle or protect you as well as a car so be careful on the street.
I hope the guy pulls thru ok.:(

GHT
09-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know who it was? Hope all is alright.
Who was at fault?

phebus
09-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Heard all the sirens, and saw the helicopter fly real low over my house on the way there.
Hope the guy is O.K.

djunkie
09-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Be careful driving your rhinos, rangers, & arctic cats on the street. Not more than a couple hours ago a guy was driving his up McCulloch near cherry tree in havasu and was hit by a car. He flipped and was stuck inside while it caught on fire. He got out but they had to air lift him due to severe burns. There was literally nothing but metal left after the fire. I don't care which one you own they don't handle or protect you as well as a car so be careful on the street.
I hope the guy pulls thru ok.:(
That sucks. I guess they're about as safe as riding a motorcycle. Just a lot slower.

STRETCH
09-30-2007, 11:26 AM
What do you have to do to get Rhino's and such street legal? I know that we had 4-wheelers tagged as farm equipment in the rural areas where I grew up. Rhino's, rangers and such are legal vehicles in Havasu?

Wet Dream
09-30-2007, 11:35 AM
That sucks. I guess they're about as safe as riding a motorcycle. Just a lot slower.
When was the last time you were strapped to a motorcycle? :rolleyes:

djunkie
09-30-2007, 11:36 AM
When was the last time you were strapped to a motorcycle? :rolleyes:
Beat it meat head. You saying a Rhino on the street is more unsafe than a motorcycle? :rolleyes:

Wet Dream
09-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Beat it meat head. You saying a Rhino on the street is more unsafe than a motorcycle? :rolleyes:
No stupid, what I said is that you're not likely to be trapped on a motorcycle while its burning your flesh. Did you understand it that time? :mad:

phebus
09-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Are you required by law to wear seatbelts on side X sides in AZ if you have doors installed?

djunkie
09-30-2007, 11:50 AM
No stupid, what I said is that you're not likely to be trapped on a motorcycle while its burning your flesh. Did you understand it that time? :mad:
Ya your right. Instead when your on a motorcycle you get tossed off and eaten up by the road or other oncoming cars.
Next time you wanna come on a make another POS lame attempt at a stab at me pick a better thread. My original post was simply stating that they really aren't any safer than a motorcycle an THATS IT!!!!!!!

Wet Dream
09-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Ya your right. Instead when your on a motorcycle you get tossed off and eaten up by the road or other oncoming cars.
Next time you wanna come on a make another POS lame attempt at a stab at me pick a better thread. My original post was simply stating that they really aren't any safer than a motorcycle an THATS IT!!!!!!!
Reading this crap gives me a headache just trying to decypher it. I think I understand that you're trying to compare a SxS (offroad vehicle) to a motorcycle (street) and you're mad at something, but you don't know how to get it across.

phebus
09-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey djunkie, how about them Jeeps? :D

djunkie
09-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Reading this crap gives me a headache just trying to decypher it. I think I understand that you're trying to compare a SxS (offroad vehicle) to a motorcycle (street) and you're mad at something, but you don't know how to get it across.
I'm not mad at anything you lame ass. All I was saying was that they are NOT any safer than a motorcycle on the street. Is it that phucking hard for you to understand? Your such a tool though and have such a hard on for me that you have to stretch it all out and turn it into something it isn't is. Just go away.

djunkie
09-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Hey djunkie, how about them Jeeps? :D
They are the greatest thing next to sliced bread. :D
Seriously I hope this guy who had the accident is alright.

Wet Dream
09-30-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm not mad at anything you lame ass. All I was saying was that they are NOT any safer than a motorcycle on the street. Is it that phucking hard for you to understand? Your such a tool though and have such a hard on for me that you have to stretch it all out and turn it into something it isn't is. Just go away.
They weren't made for the street you dumb fock!!!!!!!!!! What ATV was ever made for the street? Holy fock. I'm willing to bet there is a sticker that specifically says not intended for on road use, or off road use only. Am I wrong?

riverbound
09-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Just to throw a wrench in your logic....is an Enduro type motorcycle a "street" or "Offroad" vehicle??? I know mine is pretty much the same thing as my "Offroad" dirtbike, except it has binkers and mirrors.:idea:
Im pretty sure (as someone who has both, do you?) If I was given the choice to get hit by a car on the road either in the Rhino or on ANY motorcycle.... I would definitely pick the Rino.
Wetdream, I like your posts. they make me laugh (at you) :D

phebus
09-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Are you required by law to wear seatbelts on side X sides in AZ if you have doors installed?
What about this question, does anyone know?
Or, what happens when a couple of guys get their panties wedged up their butt? :eek:

djunkie
09-30-2007, 12:02 PM
They weren't made for the street you dumb fock!!!!!!!!!! What ATV was ever made for the street? Holy fock. I'm willing to bet there is a sticker that specifically says not intended for on road use, or off road use only. Am I wrong?
Are you serious? Just go away.

riverbound
09-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Wow.....did mommy not make you breakfast this morning?:jawdrop:

djunkie
09-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Or, what happens when a couple of guys get their panties wedged up their butt? :eek:
Honestly Rick have no clue. I do wear mine though. Not the full harness but just the lap belts on the street. If someone hit me in it I'd rather stay in the Rhino then get tossed out.

djunkie
Wow.....did mommy not make you breakfast this morning?:jawdrop:
Hes a miserable tool. Hes got nothing better to do then complain to people.

riverbound
Wet dream is standing behind them :D

riverbound
09-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Hes a miserable tool. Hes got nothing better to do then complain to people.
I enjoy his posts......It makes me realize that no matter how bad my day is. My life could never be as bd as his :D Must be sad to live such a miserable existance :(
I dont think he has ever posted anything in the positive sense.:idea:

Wet Dream
09-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Just to throw a wrench in your logic....is an Enduro type motorcycle a "street" or "Offroad" vehicle??? I know mine is pretty much the same thing as my "Offroad" dirtbike, except it has binkers and mirrors.:idea:
Im pretty sure (as someone who has both, do you?) If I was given the choice to get hit by a car on the road either in the Rhino or on ANY motorcycle.... I would definitely pick the Rino.
Wetdream, I like your posts. they make me laugh (at you) :D
The blinkers and mirrors are, for the most part what makes it street legal, plus a few other things, as in DOT requirements. Your enduro is a compromise of two bikes, but not great on the street, and not great off road. Its a street bike with offroad tires and suspension, thats all.
This was not about what would you rather be hit while riding.
Glad I could bring some entertainment to your life.

djunkie
09-30-2007, 12:09 PM
I enjoy his posts......It makes me realize that no matter how bad my day is. My life could never be as bd as his :D Must be sad to live such a miserable existance :(
I dont think he has ever posted anything in the positive sense.:idea:
I just don't understand how little dick started all this over this post.
I think he likes me or something. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

WTMFA
09-30-2007, 12:10 PM
1st Q. It is my understanding that doors or no doors if it comes with a belt you must wear it.
2nd Q. That depends on how far up the anal cavity it goes. Most of the time a set of long needle nose pliers will do the trick. If that doesn't work it's off to the emergency room.
If thats the case better hope you have union med ins to cover the e-room visit:D

riverbound
09-30-2007, 12:17 PM
The blinkers and mirrors are, for the most part what makes it street legal, plus a few other things, as in DOT requirements. Your enduro is a compromise of two bikes, but not great on the street, and not great off road. Its a street bike with offroad tires and suspension, thats all.
This was not about what would you rather be hit while riding.
Glad I could bring some entertainment to your life.
Not true...my Enduros are older Yamaha 450s with the street legal conversion kit. so it is a tue dirtbike with blinkers and mirrors and lights (as they didnt come originally with them). Even the KTM enduros which we are looking at getting are the same frame, suspension, engine,etc...as the dirt counter part. but are 100% street legal (Including in Ca.) The Yamahas are no longer legal in Cali. (Smog reasons I am guessing)
The main difference between the Enduros (not talking the BMW style) and Dirtbikes are weight, the accesories add considerable weight to the stripped down dirt versions.
So back to the original point though. Althought he Rhinos were not originally designed for the road, it IS legal to get them registered for street use in many states as long as you add the necessary safety equipment (just as we had done to our Yamahas in the past). My rhino was Street legal in Az and my Uncles Ranger is also street legal in AZ. they fulfill all requirements to be driven on the street now (even though they didnt originally come that way) they were modified from their stock form to be legal for street use.
<-----just trying to figure out where wet dreams original ange and the rationale behind it came from??:idea:

riverbound
09-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Just to clear up any confusion. here are pics of what I am explaining. (I like to back up my rebutles with facts, versus just flying off the handle and making an ass out of myself ;) )
Street legal version (no difference in frame, motor, etc...)
http://www.ktmworld.com/uploaded_images/400%20exc.jpg
Dirt version
http://www.ktmworld.com/uploaded_images/2006_450_SX.jpg
Not true...my Enduros are older Yamaha 450s with the street legal conversion kit. so it is a tue dirtbike with blinkers and mirrors and lights (as they didnt come originally with them). Even the KTM enduros which we are looking at getting are the same frame, suspension, engine,etc...as the dirt counter part. but are 100% street legal (Including in Ca.) The Yamahas are no longer legal in Cali. (Smog reasons I am guessing)
The main difference between the Enduros (not talking the BMW style) and Dirtbikes are weight, the accesories add considerable weight to the stripped down dirt versions.
So back to the original point though. Althought he Rhinos were not originally designed for the road, it IS legal to get them registered for street use in many states as long as you add the necessary safety equipment (just as we had done to our Yamahas in the past). My rhino was Street legal in Az and my Uncles Ranger is also street legal in AZ. they fulfill all requirements to be driven on the street now (even though they didnt originally come that way) they were modified from their stock form to be legal for street use.
<-----just trying to figure out where wet dreams original ange and the rationale behind it came from??:idea:

Wet Dream
09-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Blame junk.
I actually have a very happy and successful life, a great family and I couldn't ask for more. For some reason, I can't stand junk. Thats all.

riverbound
09-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Blame junk.
I actually have a very happy and successful life, a great family and I couldn't ask for more. For some reason, I can't stand junk. Thats all.
I have a low tolerance for Homos too...but He is not all that bad :D

djunkie
09-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Blame junk.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

djunkie
09-30-2007, 12:39 PM
I have a low tolerance for Homos too...but He is not all that bad :D
Hes probably short. :rolleyes:

fat rat
09-30-2007, 12:53 PM
:D

riverbound
09-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Blame junk.
so correct me if I am wrong. you are reading a thread about some poor guy who got hit by a car in his STREET LEGAL rhino, and was obvioulsy injured pretty bad.you then see Djunk post and decided to attack him in this pasrticualr thread just becuase you "cant stand Junk". this was really all about a personal dislike toward someone you have never met?? :confused: You brought up a point (although not very valid) and then backed it with NO facts. just in an effort to attempt make someone else look dumb?
Do you really think this was the right place to do that??

OutCole'd
09-30-2007, 01:03 PM
:mad: :mad: :D

djunkie
09-30-2007, 01:04 PM
so correct me if I am wrong. you are reading a thread about some poor guy who got hit by a car in his STREET LEGAL rhino, and was obvioulsy injured pretty bad.you then see Djunk post and decided to attack him in this pasrticualr thread just becuase you "cant stand Junk". this was really all about a personal dislike toward someone you have never met?? :confused: You brought up a point (although not very valid) and then backed it with NO facts. just in an effort to attempt make someone else look dumb?
Do you really think this was the right place to do that??
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

djunkie
09-30-2007, 01:05 PM
:mad: :mad: :D
I'm sure your much taller than him Bill. :D :D

OutCole'd
09-30-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm sure your much taller than him Bill. :D :D
Wow, he must be some kind of fuggin midget.