PDA

View Full Version : The Mile High Magic is Alive!!!!!!

Boozer
10-01-2007, 08:29 PM
WAY TO GO ROCKIES!! Talk about pulling it off in a clinch. I think I went gray watching that damn game.
Our Football team sucks this year but at least our baseball team is kicking ass!

hairysituation
10-01-2007, 08:31 PM
He was out never touched home plate

DeltaSigBoater
10-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Not what I was expecting in this thread!

XtrmWakeborder
10-01-2007, 08:50 PM
yep.

westair
10-01-2007, 09:43 PM
He absolutely never touched home plate, terrible call .... the whole season comes down to one bad call. Instant replay for the empires, its a joke they don't have it.

skygod73
10-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Bummer the game gets decided by a bad call. That said the Padres lost 3 games with a chance to clinch and Trevor gagged on at least two of them. He doesn't seem to come up big in big situations. Give credit to the rockies for winning 14 of 15 to close it out. One thing's for sure, my Dodgers SUCK!
GO ANGELS!

AZKC
10-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Go Dbacks:D

HOOTER SLED-
10-02-2007, 03:47 AM
He absolutely never touched home plate, terrible call .... the whole season comes down to one bad call. Instant replay for the empires, its a joke they don't have it.
Yea, but if you wanna say it was a bad call, you could say the same about that hit that was not called a home run. Then the game would of never gone the extra innings. :)

shueman
10-02-2007, 03:55 AM
Trevor chokes it again...:jawdrop:

RiverToysJas
10-02-2007, 06:06 AM
Does the Rockies Stadium have Mile High Club seats??? :idea:
RTJas :D

Boozer
10-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Does the Rockies Stadium have Mile High Club seats??? :idea:
RTJas :D
Essentially everyone in the stadium can join the mile high club if they haven't already. We are all members of that club here. I figure my bedroom is at 5280-6000 feet altitude so that classifies me as a member.
For those of you who have never had the chance to make it to Coors field if your ever in town you should check it out, it is by far the nicest stadium in MLB. Back in my Qwest days I had suite tickets to almost every game and spent a lot of time there.

Focker
10-02-2007, 06:30 AM
WAY TO GO ROCKIES!! Talk about pulling it off in a clinch. I think I went gray watching that damn game.
Our Football team sucks this year but at least our baseball team is kicking ass!
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
our football team doesnt suck this year. give it time

jdogginla
10-02-2007, 06:33 AM
Yea, but if you wanna say it was a bad call, you could say the same about that hit that was not called a home run. Then the game would of never gone the extra innings. :)
Ball hit the post, not the yellow line.......u need to watch more Baseball Tonight and watch the freeze frame. Pads lost on a bad call.......Sux donkey balls! But that's how shit rolls. You take your toys and go home. You have to know that 8.5 out of 10 times Trevor will shut the opponent down. I'll take those odds most days of the week.

Jyruiz
10-02-2007, 07:01 AM
Sucks for the Padres, but it should have never come down to that one call. Nice job by the Rockies to come out of no where the last 15 games of the season.

jdogginla
10-02-2007, 07:06 AM
That ball hit a seat over the fence and bounced back into play. It was pretty clear in HD.
My eyes would beg to differ with yours......but we will be back next year. I can live with it as long as the Dodgers are on the bottom of the pile!

Not So Fast
10-02-2007, 07:06 AM
That ball hit a seat over the fence and bounced back into play. It was pretty clear in HD.
First off I agree, secondly, how did you see it in HD, all I had was TBS and the picture was poor????? I hate extra innings also and the Padres got screwed by a pompus umpire. NSF

Jyruiz
10-02-2007, 07:11 AM
First off I agree, secondly, how did you see it in HD, all I had was TBS and the picture was poor????? I hate extra innings also and the Padres got screwed by a pompus umpire. NSF
DirecTV showed the game in HD on channel 95.

Jyruiz
10-02-2007, 07:11 AM
My eyes would beg to differ with yours......but we will be back next year. I can live with it as long as the Dodgers are on the bottom of the pile!
HATER!

Sleek-Jet
10-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Maybe if the Pads had won a few more games during August and Sept. then a bad call wouldn't have mattered so much... :idea:

Baja Big Dog
10-02-2007, 07:18 AM
Cant blame Hoffman....blame the coach, shouldnt have left him in the game after the second double in the inning, should have treated it like it was their last game of the season??? OPPPS, I guess it was!!:(

Not So Fast
10-02-2007, 07:35 AM
DirecTV showed the game in HD on channel 95.
Damnit, is that a Sports additional program?? I cant even get a ch 95:idea: More info please Juan:D NSF

Boozer
10-02-2007, 07:36 AM
I watched the same game as the rest of you. Technically that game should have never gone into extra innings.
The homerun hit not called a homerun went into the handicap section and hit the back of a wheelchair then bounced back into the field. It should have been a home run and that game should have never gone into extra innings. Also, the umprie waited a few moments before making the safe call to give the catcher the oppurtunity to get the ball and tag Holliday out, he never tagged him and the umpire called it safe.

Havasu1986
10-02-2007, 08:08 AM
I believe that Holliday never did touch the plate. Even if the ump waited a "few seconds" he's not safe unless he touches the plate. Just like an appeal play where the runner misses a bag rounding. I'm not sure he never touched it, I just don't remember seeing him touch it.
Like I said, I'm glad it's over. I can get back to my regularly scheduled life.
Also, If you watch the on deck batter. He was waiting for the call because he had the best view and knew Holliday didn't touch home either.

Jyruiz
10-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Damnit, is that a Sports additional program?? I cant even get a ch 95:idea: More info please Juan:D NSF
I don't know if you would have gotten it because you are in Arizona, but the channel should still show up. What you might have to do is add the channel through the setup on your DTV receiver.

Ziggy
10-02-2007, 09:14 AM
I guess they used the "C" rated Umps for this insignificant game while resting the "A" rated Umps in some phat, posh hotel somewhere.......:rolleyes:
Any team of any sport should not have a game decided by bad calls. Degrading and demoralizing for the players who gave it all to play fair and square.

Ziggy
10-02-2007, 09:17 AM
I dislike sports that have to rely on "judges" to determine scores.........how much subjectiveness can really be expected from these 'judges'?????? c'mon, regardless, everyone has favorites.

Ziggy
10-02-2007, 09:38 AM
It's the Sandy Alderson factor we discussed. ;)
To some degree....judges are one thing, refs/umps are there to enforce specific written rules.......if they cheat(or err) on those rules there are repercussions, but judges simply can't be contained. Ice Skating judges come to mind first.

HOOTER SLED-
10-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Beeeeyotch!!!! Don't be hatin'. Take yo Padre ass home punk!!! Shit, I hope the Raiders spank the Chargers too next week. Fock San Diego. :crossx: :crossx: :D

Ziggy
10-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Beeeeyotch!!!! Don't be hatin'. Take yo Padre ass home punk!!! Shit, I hope the Raiders spank the Chargers too next week. Fock San Diego. :crossx: :crossx: :D
Chargers play Denver next week....Raiders week after.

HOOTER SLED-
10-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Chargers play Denver next week....Raiders week after.
Yea, I meant next week as in the 14th. Denver would be this week right?:D

DILLIGAF
10-02-2007, 10:42 AM
I think they felt sorry for him because he got popped in the mouth by the ball that Giles threw. I remember one time I was coming home, I got kneed in the chest by the catcher, broke my finger on his glove and got hit in the back of the head with the ball from 3rd base. :D
Why am I thinking about the Jack in The Box commercial where Jack is watching his son play football and someone asks which kid is his?
lol

Ziggy
10-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Yea, I meant next week as in the 14th. Denver would be this week right?:D
Ok, we got that all square now....:D:D
I sure hope SD gets their heads out of the sand.........they've played just like the 4th qrtr of the playoff game last year.......confused it seems:confused:

Jyruiz
10-02-2007, 10:48 AM
I guess they used the "C" rated Umps for this insignificant game while resting the "A" rated Umps in some phat, posh hotel somewhere.......:rolleyes:
Any team of any sport should not have a game decided by bad calls. Degrading and demoralizing for the players who gave it all to play fair and square.
Bad calls are part of the game Ziggy, it happens all the time in all kinds of sports. Sucks, but that is why you have to take advantage when your destiny is in your own hands. They could have closed it out earlier, this game should have never had to been played.

Ziggy
10-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Bad calls are part of the game Ziggy, it happens all the time in all kinds of sports. Sucks, but that is why you have to take advantage when your destiny is in your own hands. They could have closed it out earlier, this game should have never had to been played.
Agreed..........just frustrating for us fans and players to have it come to that.
The way the Ump reacted he was unsure of his call....having a hard fought game by both teams be determined by an unsure call is not good for the sport.
Have to say though, it was one of the most entertaining baseball games I've watched(PIP with sound off)......Rockies played their hearts out the last 3 weeks, nobody even considered them a threat. Padres had a very difficult schedule the last 3 weeks with nary a rest day.

mbrown2
10-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Rockies played their hearts out the last 3 weeks, nobody even considered them a threat. Padres had a very difficult schedule the last 3 weeks with nary a rest day.
I definitely give them credit....I think the DBacks and Pad's struggled in the last two weeks and both gave the Rockies alot of room for that streak they have going....I feel for anyone that has to face them right now given the momentum swing they are on..