PDA

View Full Version : Camaro Pre-Order

ChumpChange
10-02-2007, 10:35 AM
When can people start to order?

INSman
10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
You going from a Porsche to a Camaro ?!?

ChumpChange
10-02-2007, 02:28 PM
You going from a Porsche to a Camaro ?!?
Not for me. For a freind who's wife NEEDS one.
I just can't see myself driving an American sportscar. :(

INSman
10-02-2007, 03:03 PM
I could see myself in a new Z06 :D Lot of car for the money

Cole Trickle
10-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Honestly I think the standard 6.2L(430hp) 08 Vette would surprise you. Fastest car most people have driven and you would have to step up to the TT 997 to be faster.
Shoot my 400hp GTO is kinda fun to drive and I stole it(9K off sticker)
Of course if I had your money i would get the Z06 or Blue Devil for that matter:D:D:D

ChumpChange
10-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Fastest car most people have driven and you would have to step up to the TT 997 to be faster.
Well that's the one I drove most recently. Sick fast.

PHOTOGLOU
10-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Honestly I think the standard 6.2L(430hp) 08 Vette would surprise you. Fastest car most people have driven and you would have to step up to the TT 997 to be faster.
Shoot my 400hp GTO is kinda fun to drive and I stole it(9K off sticker)
Of course if I had your money i would get the Z06 or Blue Devil for that matter:D:D:D
do you mean the new Z-R1????

PHOTOGLOU
10-02-2007, 04:50 PM
We have a list going now.. But we have no idea how many we are getting so I don't know pricing yet BUT will put anyone on the list for no deposit.... Once we have a price we will be calling letting people know where in relation to MSRP we will be either + or - depending on production.... Once you know we will be collecting a small deposit so that people are not just ordering for fun.... Hope this does not offend anyone but deposits are neccesary on a new product in limited supply so if supply is high no depost... BTW Deposits are fully refundable if you decide not to purchase... Jay 714 552 0300

INSman
10-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Z-R1 :idea: More info please :)

PHOTOGLOU
10-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Z-R1 :idea: More info please :)
It is arguably one of the most anticipated vehicles GM has produced in the last 20 years -- an outrageous, fire-breathing Corvette pushing some 650 horsepower. These are the latest and greatest spy shots of Chevrolet's ultimate Vette, which we recently reported will be called ZR1.
The ZR1 will first appear in January 2008 at the Detroit auto show, with the production version set to go on sale later next year as a 2009 model. GM has been developing the car for several years, using a supercharged version of the new 6.2-liter small-block V-8 used in the 2008 Corvette, which reportedly will be called the LS9.
Annual production numbers are expected to be in the 1500-1750 range. When the all-new ZR1 hits production, look for the price tag to bump up into the $100,000 range.
The LS9 is a 6.2-liter, supercharged, small-block V-8. Output figures haven't yet been finalized, so look for it to come in somewhere in the 600-650 horsepower range. The engine will utilize an integrated intake manifold intercooler, and it will reportedly scream from 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds. The engine will be built at GM's Performance Center in Wixom, Michigan. The spy photographer reported that the exhaust note coming from the vehicle was mean -- very, very mean.
Multiple weight-saving measures are reportedly being used for the ZR1 to shed pounds including carbon fiber in the body (A and B pillars and the roof) in addition to what spies believe is a polycarbonate "window" in the hood. The rocker panels, as well as other body panels, may be crafted from carbon fiber as well.
With an expected top speed in the 200 mph range, a more aggressive lip spoiler has been added that runs almost the entire length of the car to increase downforce and keep the massive tires glued to the road. Speaking of rubber, rumors have suggested that GM would be switching from Goodyear to Michelin tires for the vehicle. According to the spies on the scene, the test car pictured is sporting Michelin Pilot Sport ZPs. The rear tires appear to be massive 335/25Z/20s. A peek behind the rubber reveals a huge set of cross-drilled rotors and an equally large set of calipers -- possibly a carbon-ceramic brake setup.
GM also considered such names as Z07 and Super Sport for the ultra-low-volume car. Price will be much higher than the 505-horsepower Z06, and Chevy will continue production of that car when the ZR1 launches.
Chevy first used the ZR1 moniker for a reported eight cars built in the 1971 model year with a 370-horsepower, 350-cubic-inch (5.7-liter) small-block V-8. The option cost $1010, while a 425-horse 454 was $1221. The '71 ZR1 came with no special bodywork or badging. Chevy revived the name in 1990 for a 32-valve Lotus-designed, Mercury Marine-built 375-horsepower quad-cam V-8. That car had a wider tail to accommodate P315/35ZR17 Goodyears on 11-inch wide wheels and was built through the '95 model year. Badges included a hyphen, as in ZR-1, which doesn't fit GM RPO nomenclature. GM has never confirmed nor denied rumors that "ZR" stands for "Zora's Racer."
The blown 6.2 also looks like the engine that will power the next Cadillac CTS-v, rather than something based off of GM's new high-feature overhead cam V-8 debuting in '09.

PHOTOGLOU
10-02-2007, 10:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OebtcCGSg1U

PHOTOGLOU
10-02-2007, 10:39 PM
http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/CorvetteSS/940810

DUNDUN
10-02-2007, 10:45 PM
It is arguably one of the most anticipated vehicles GM has produced in the last 20 years -- an outrageous, fire-breathing Corvette pushing some 650 horsepower. These are the latest and greatest spy shots of Chevrolet's ultimate Vette, which we recently reported will be called ZR1.
The ZR1 will first appear in January 2008 at the Detroit auto show, with the production version set to go on sale later next year as a 2009 model. GM has been developing the car for several years, using a supercharged version of the new 6.2-liter small-block V-8 used in the 2008 Corvette, which reportedly will be called the LS9.
Annual production numbers are expected to be in the 1500-1750 range. When the all-new ZR1 hits production, look for the price tag to bump up into the $100,000 range.
The LS9 is a 6.2-liter, supercharged, small-block V-8. Output figures haven't yet been finalized, so look for it to come in somewhere in the 600-650 horsepower range. The engine will utilize an integrated intake manifold intercooler, and it will reportedly scream from 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds. The engine will be built at GM's Performance Center in Wixom, Michigan. The spy photographer reported that the exhaust note coming from the vehicle was mean -- very, very mean.
Multiple weight-saving measures are reportedly being used for the ZR1 to shed pounds including carbon fiber in the body (A and B pillars and the roof) in addition to what spies believe is a polycarbonate "window" in the hood. The rocker panels, as well as other body panels, may be crafted from carbon fiber as well.
With an expected top speed in the 200 mph range, a more aggressive lip spoiler has been added that runs almost the entire length of the car to increase downforce and keep the massive tires glued to the road. Speaking of rubber, rumors have suggested that GM would be switching from Goodyear to Michelin tires for the vehicle. According to the spies on the scene, the test car pictured is sporting Michelin Pilot Sport ZPs. The rear tires appear to be massive 335/25Z/20s. A peek behind the rubber reveals a huge set of cross-drilled rotors and an equally large set of calipers -- possibly a carbon-ceramic brake setup.
GM also considered such names as Z07 and Super Sport for the ultra-low-volume car. Price will be much higher than the 505-horsepower Z06, and Chevy will continue production of that car when the ZR1 launches.
Chevy first used the ZR1 moniker for a reported eight cars built in the 1971 model year with a 370-horsepower, 350-cubic-inch (5.7-liter) small-block V-8. The option cost $1010, while a 425-horse 454 was $1221. The '71 ZR1 came with no special bodywork or badging. Chevy revived the name in 1990 for a 32-valve Lotus-designed, Mercury Marine-built 375-horsepower quad-cam V-8. That car had a wider tail to accommodate P315/35ZR17 Goodyears on 11-inch wide wheels and was built through the '95 model year. Badges included a hyphen, as in ZR-1, which doesn't fit GM RPO nomenclature. GM has never confirmed nor denied rumors that "ZR" stands for "Zora's Racer."
The blown 6.2 also looks like the engine that will power the next Cadillac CTS-v, rather than something based off of GM's new high-feature overhead cam V-8 debuting in '09.
CREAM JEANS!

Cole Trickle
10-03-2007, 08:00 AM
First I have heard of that name tag.
I know they have called it the Blue Devil for awhile and then I think it switched over to the SS.
Either way it is gonna be a beast and from the rumors I have heard they are really underating the blown 6.3L. Supposed to be a tad over 700hp.
That car will be the performance car bargain of all time. Realisticly (you know this as good as anyone) it is gonna be way fast for your typical buyer because the current Z06 rips balls with a little over 500hp.
I imagine it will be hard to get one for under 150K
When you get your I want a ride!!!!:D

INSman
10-03-2007, 08:04 AM
When are you taking deposits and can we lock in that 1.9% financing for 60 months now ?!? :idea: :D

Cole Trickle
10-03-2007, 08:06 AM
When are you taking deposits and can we lock in that 1.9% financing for 60 months now ?!? :idea: :D
Beat it lifted slow truck guy!!!:D:devil:
We don't want you to shoot your eye out;)

PHOTOGLOU
10-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Deposits for you will begin NOW.... I will need 100% deposit (just for you) so we can secure the 1.9% financing....:D

INSman
10-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Deposits for you will begin NOW.... I will need 100% deposit (just for you) so we can secure the 1.9% financing....:D
I digress.. Let's put the preferred financing on the shelf for now and just talk about the deposit to hopefully secure one of these machines in the future :D
p.s. When can I sell you some insurance (Commercial) to help me figure out how to pay for these damn toys :idea:

PHOTOGLOU
10-03-2007, 02:06 PM
I digress.. Let's put the preferred financing on the shelf for now and just talk about the deposit to hopefully secure one of these machines in the future :D
p.s. When can I sell you some insurance (Commercial) to help me figure out how to pay for these damn toys :idea:
I will be posting our list on Friday and keep it updated... Jay

Newcastle
10-03-2007, 09:03 PM
You get my PM? Throw me up there on that list...now if only I can come into some money by then....:D

Trailer Park Casanova
10-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Zo6 weighs almost the same as the wifes Honda s2000 but the zo6 has 260 more HP and the Z06 also gets about 6 MPG better.
On top all that, incredable accelleration with the z06.
An astounding car for the money.
The only problem with a Z06 is every Mustang GT (Secretarys car according to Shelby) wants to race and you easily beat them.
Avail all over the state for $8k off sticker.

OGShocker
10-16-2007, 06:23 AM
Youze guys takes a simple Camaro thread and Vette it all up.
What is the due date on the Convertable? Manual trans option?
I need a four seater...;)