PDA

View Full Version : Farewell to a true hoghead...

boatsnblondes
10-03-2007, 07:15 AM
Just a farewell and tribute to a good friend, and engineer, John Cone. Great engineer, great friend, went down to New Orleans to visit family earlier this year, had a headache, was rushed to the hospital, where he had an MRI, and was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. Needless to say, he never returned, and is in Arizona under the care of his daughter. I thought you all would like this pic of him, don't let the scowl fool ya, theres a heart of gold sitting there, and a wealth of knowledge, experience, and wisdom only a lifetime of running trains can provide. He is a freind, a brother, and a mentor to another old dog hoghead, who looked to him for advice and help while learning a few new tricks on how to run passenger trains after 17 years of running frieghts. I will deeply miss him, his humor, and his music, from the crewbase at Merced. John, I would just like to say thank you sir, for the help, advice, and friendship shown to me, I will never forget it. You are a true role model.
Engineer BnB, clear.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40377&stc=1&d=1191424147

HocusPocus
10-03-2007, 07:30 AM
old guys rule. prayers will go out to him and his family.

Kachina26
10-03-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm sure he quit scowling once the took those blue flags down. Not enough old heads around my neck of the woods.

Wheeler
10-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Just a farewell and tribute to a good friend,
Engineer BnB, clear.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40377&stc=1&d=1191424147
What part of Az. is he at? is he mobile? if he is close to Parker and wants something to do let me know.

boatsnblondes
10-03-2007, 07:12 PM
What part of Az. is he at? is he mobile? if he is close to Parker and wants something to do let me know.
I think he's around Scottsdale/Phoenix..not sure, I'll check...thanks everyone for your words..if enough folks wish him well, I'll print out the whole string and send it to him.....:D

Sleeper CP
10-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Wishing him and his family the best. BnB he will be in my prayers.
Hope all else is fine with you.:)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

MBlaster
10-03-2007, 07:24 PM
old guys rule. prayers will go out to him and his family.
Werd.
Thoughts and prayers.

Wheeler
10-03-2007, 07:55 PM
I think he's around Scottsdale/Phoenix..not sure, I'll check...thanks everyone for your words..if enough folks wish him well, I'll print out the whole string and send it to him.....:D
I have some property outside of Parker, if he wants a place to go poke around for a couple of days, he is welcome to come out and visit.

boatsnblondes
10-04-2007, 06:31 AM
I have some property outside of Parker, if he wants a place to go poke around for a couple of days, he is welcome to come out and visit.
Thanks, I'll pass that along to him...