PDA

View Full Version : OSO Question

scarabrick2
10-04-2007, 11:42 AM
OFFSHOREONLY .com Anyone been banned for something they did?
I got banned for letting people know about an engine builder who did a great job. He went over and above on the job.
A member pointed out to me it looked like I was spamming however I didn't see it that way( at the time). Just bored at work this morning and was copying and pasting where people were looking for info on engine rebuild.
I'd show you the thread but they deleted it and banned me.
I cleared it up with the member and even a mod came on and backed me up. All was good till I left for lunch and came back to a banned login. I use to have another login however when I got divorced the e mail went with her. I couldn't even e mail oso to get my password. I had to get another login name. So, I just don't get it. I called the MOD hotline and spoke to a guy who said I didn't ban you maybe give it a week and try it again. How do I find out who banned me and get this misunderstanding re-solved ?
Rant over for now

32sunrkt
10-04-2007, 11:48 AM
i think you name just has to be rick (lol) .
-rick

Magic34
10-04-2007, 11:54 AM
That is the problem with pay to use sites. When there are a ton of sponsors and they make a business out of the site, they have to be very careful what goes, good or bad. They cant lose any money that they need as income.
On glamisdunes.com, it seems that sponsors are in 75% of the threads trying to sell someone somthing. It is OK because they are paying to advertise on the site.
My opinion, it lessens the overall strength of the board.
I have found OSO to be better than gd.com by far in terms of being hit up to buy something in every thread. I have greatly reduced my time on gd.com.

Jbb
10-04-2007, 12:06 PM
OSO...........:p

scarabrick2
10-04-2007, 12:13 PM
My buddy and I are (next week )going to set the engine builder up with a sponsorship package on OSO so we WON'T spam. Also, were''re trying to get a web site started for him. Its funny how this happens. I've been on that site for 5 + yrs and have seen people Spam the hell out of there products , let alone engine builders and its all good then. :idea:

Magic34
10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
My buddy and I are (next week )going to set the engine builder up with a sponsorship package on OSO so we WON'T spam. Also, were''re trying to get a web site started for him. Its funny how this happens. I've been on that site for 5 + yrs and have seen people Spam the hell out of there products , let alone engine builders and its all good then. :idea:
Yeah, but you know... Shady Vegas guys! They see right through you. :D :D

scarabrick2
10-04-2007, 12:28 PM
lol
Boy isn't that the truth. :D :D but not in my case. :D :D

scarabrick2
10-04-2007, 12:31 PM
:Plus,
We buy all our boat stuff from OSO sponsors. Great prices and customer service. Just got a couple of lifeline jackets from Fred @ trickmarine.
good prices from cp performance also