PDA

View Full Version : Lowes

earl-bob
10-04-2007, 08:53 PM
I Install For Lowes
Lets Hear The The Crappie Stories

YeLLowBoaT
10-04-2007, 08:54 PM
they piss me off alot less then Home depot does...

uvindex
10-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Lets Hear The The Crappie StoriesNo crappie stories, only a crappie picture. :)
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/images/inland_species/blackcrappie.gif

WishIknew
10-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Home Depot going down the same road as Home Base and they dont know it just a matter of time!!!!!:eek: :eek:

earl-bob
10-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Nice Fish We Catch Them Down Here In The Spring
30 Or 40 In 2 Hr

hotsand65
10-04-2007, 09:06 PM
I really like Lowe's in store customer service compared to Home Debit. There is always someone at Lowe's willing to help, not so much with HD.

david_396
10-04-2007, 09:25 PM
I got to Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH). Home Depot was the best thing for OSH. OSH always has someone there to assist you and has more than one checkout line open at a time. Not sure about Lowes, they haven't broken ground here yet but are on their way. Two thumbs down for Home depot. P.S. Has anyone seen Home Depot's mascot, Tony Stewart, with a woman??

riverbound
10-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Home Depot going down the same road as Home Base and they dont know it just a matter of time!!!!!:eek: :eek:
LMAO. I doubt that. they hold so much market share and arent losing any just gaining it in over 90% of their markets. but I probbaly dnt know what I am talking about ;)

Rexone
10-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Home Depot has a little more selection on some things than Lowes but their service sucks. And the self service scanners are slow as molasass. I go to Lowes more when I can but HD is right down the street.

socalmoney
10-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Home Depot's position on the day labor work centers has turned me off of them. I go to Lowes now.

YeLLowBoaT
10-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Home Depot has a little more selection on some things than Lowes but their service sucks. And the self service scanners are slow as molasass. I go to Lowes more when I can but HD is right down the street.
I hate those things so much its not even funny.
Its always funny when they are empty and the lines are full and a cashier asks if you would like to use it... its like um, you know that cost 3 of your co workers thier job right?

WET HULL
10-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Lowes is nice and I think better suited for the "do-it-yourselfer". HD is more geared towards contractors. I prefer HD. I like not having any employees to slow me down.

YeLLowBoaT
10-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Lowes is nice and I think better suited for the "do-it-yourselfer". HD is more geared towards contractors. I prefer HD. I like not having any employees to slow me down.
I beg to differ, I am a contractor, and beleave me they don't give a shit about contractors. Where as lowes on the other hand regularly brings in vendors, I have never seen HD do that.
oh yeah and every 4-6 months I get a gift card in the mail and a thank you note( and no I don't have one of thier credit cards)
Thats not to say I don't have probs with them, I just have less probs with them then I do HD.

riverbound
10-04-2007, 10:08 PM
there focus has and always will be contractors...that is who is doing 99.9% of the home imporvement work. The weekend warrior is such a small amount of business. Evidenced by the fact that Lowes are always empty.
I beg to differ, I am a contractor, and beleave me they don't give a shit about contractors. Where as lowes on the other hand regularly brings in vendors, I have never seen HD do that.
oh yeah and every 4-6 months I get a gift card in the mail and a thank you note( and no I don't have one of thier credit cards)
Thats not to say I don't have probs with them, I just have less probs with them then I do HD.
Our company works with Both Lowes and HD. they both constantly revamp their porduct line/prodcut mix. ;)
the products in Depot are more geared towards contractors, whil Lowes focuses more on the DIY'er. who spent all weekend watching HG network and wants to duplicate that project they just sawy.

buzzaro
10-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Lowes hit my truck with a forklift, HD didnt. Now im not saying HD wouldnt:jawdrop: .....Lowes just beat em to it:mad:

mark49
10-05-2007, 12:42 AM
I prefer Home Depot, i can just drive thru to pick up my supply of illegal aliens, no lines no waiting..
Lowes also slants its customer base torwards gringos..
Nope Lowes will not get a damn dime of my American money

RitcheyRch
10-05-2007, 03:46 AM
Ditto that.
Home Depot's position on the day labor work centers has turned me off of them. I go to Lowes now.

BadKachina
10-05-2007, 06:02 AM
Home Depot has a little more selection on some things than Lowes but their service sucks.
I honestly have the exact opposite opinion. I thought Lowes had a lot more stuff and I usually can't find anyone to answer any questions at HD.
The Lowes here are much cleaner than the HD's.

wright27
10-05-2007, 06:12 AM
I go to Lowes, Home Depot is not organized and is messy, and the customer service sucks.
My mom also works at Lowes, so that might make a small difference.:D

OCMerrill
10-05-2007, 06:29 AM
Installing for them...is that profitable? I have always wondered that. Endless supply of homeowners needing a door, etc. Just curious is all.
IMO
They both suck but for me Home Depot is the better of the two. You can find help if you ask for it at Home Depot. You can also find help at Lowe's but that ex Kmart employee wont know much.
I am a repair contractor and were in either one many times per day. Where you have issues with these stores is trying to use the special services like special order and what not. That just never goes well. The item comes in and they can't find it, etc.
So I survive in these stores by being a know it all sense no one else even tries. I use the Pro Desk in Laguna Niguel store all the time. They do a good job for me. These are the same guys every day and you get to know them.
Lately we have been using Ganahl Lumber though. They have their issues as well.

sleekcraft80
10-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Installing for them...is that profitable? I have always wondered that. Endless supply of homeowners needing a door, etc. Just curious is all.
IMO
They both suck but for me Home Depot is the better of the two. You can find help if you ask for it at Home Depot. You can also find help at Lowe's but that ex Kmart employee wont know much.
I am a repair contractor and were in either one many times per day. Where you have issues with these stores is trying to use the special services like special order and what not. That just never goes well. The item comes in and they can't find it, etc.
So I survive in these stores by being a know it all sense no one else even tries. I use the Pro Desk in Laguna Niguel store all the time. They do a good job for me. These are the same guys every day and you get to know them.
Lately we have been using Ganahl Lumber though. They have their issues as well.
I used to work for HD. Great place to work if you are young or semi retired but to make a good living, not!! Lowes at least will pay commission on sales in your department. I have a good friend who installs windows and doors for HD. He makes alot of money doing that. I shop at both stores because of the fact that one will carry something the other doesn't.

OutCole'd
10-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Lowes for me, the Depot has always had a lack of service when I'm there. Lowes seems cleaner & more people to help. The quality of the sales person seams about the same. Never have had them do any install work for me though.

Cigalert
10-05-2007, 07:10 AM
I think what we're basically finding out here is customer cervix waved bye-bye to all of us when Home Depot and Lowes starting popping up.
I have a HD less than 1000yards from my business. I am there almost daily getting all kinds of crap. HD's move to push self-scanning might make sense at 3 in the afternoon during the week ain't flyin during the morning rush. I agree, there's is no reason to pay some 300lb emo chick to talk on her cell. But not having people in place to scan at 6am pisses me off to no end. You have contractor and construction types lined up to the rear of the building with 1 chick scanning 463 2X4's individually. Also stocking the store at 6am? All I need is some 1/2" copper elbows and I'm out but I can't get to them because they're stocking padded toilet seat above that portion of the plumbing section and they have the whole friggin isle blocked. When I need wire pulled or chain cut forget it. I'm constantly turning a corner and seeing 3 or 4 guys just BS'ing about their new cockring and "how to make a bong" sessions.
Lowes seems to take better care of their stock and the stores I visit are usually a lot more organized and cleaner. I can't ask for help at Lowes for fear of killing Mr. Furely from climbing up a ladder.
Screw all of them. What happened to the days of walking up to a counter and handing some cranky old dude whatever you needed and he says "I'll be right back"? Item, Price, Cash, Split. No digging for a cart with more than 2 wheels. No half ass picked through lumber. No ******** lady who started her faux painting business out of her garage with her rhinestone purse, rather be talking on her cell than paying the DG cashier. No buying a case of tile only to get 2 good pieces out.
Ohhh and the clincher for me. If you don't have a SKU you're fawked.
"Is this 6' or 12'?"
One day I'm going to freak and drop a duece in a display toilet.

HocusPocus
10-05-2007, 07:11 AM
i don't shop at any of the box stores.. unless our local True Value doesn't carry it. :D

Jyruiz
10-05-2007, 07:18 AM
I like Lowes a little bit better because it is always cleaner and more organized, but I shop at both and had had positive experiences at both.

Chubby4Life
10-05-2007, 07:28 AM
I think what we're basically finding out here is customer cervix waved bye-bye to all of us when Home Depot and Lowes starting popping up.
I have a HD less than 1000yards from my business. I am there almost daily getting all kinds of crap. HD's move to push self-scanning might make sense at 3 in the afternoon during the week ain't flyin during the morning rush. I agree, there's is no reason to pay some 300lb emo chick to talk on her cell. But not having people in place to scan at 6am pisses me off to no end. You have contractor and construction types lined up to the rear of the building with 1 chick scanning 463 2X4's individually. Also stocking the store at 6am? All I need is some 1/2" copper elbows and I'm out but I can't get to them because they're stocking padded toilet seat above that portion of the plumbing section and they have the whole friggin isle blocked. When I need wire pulled or chain cut forget it. I'm constantly turning a corner and seeing 3 or 4 guys just BS'ing about their new cockring and "how to make a bong" sessions.
Lowes seems to take better care of their stock and the stores I visit are usually a lot more organized and cleaner. I can't ask for help at Lowes for fear of killing Mr. Furely from climbing up a ladder.
Screw all of them. What happened to the days of walking up to a counter and handing some cranky old dude whatever you needed and he says "I'll be right back"? Item, Price, Cash, Split. No digging for a cart with more than 2 wheels. No half ass picked through lumber. No ******** lady who started her faux painting business out of her garage with her rhinestone purse, rather be talking on her cell than paying the DG cashier. No buying a case of tile only to get 2 good pieces out.
Ohhh and the clincher for me. If you don't have a SKU you're fawked.
"Is this 6' or 12'?"
One day I'm going to freak and drop a duece in a display toilet.
You've hit almost every gripe I've got on the head! I spent most of last year building my house and have seen the absolute worst service HD has to offer. What really pissed me off was everytime I went in, no matter what I was there for, I was there for almost an hour. I would neatly stack and organize my cart so that they could fly right through, but the checker couldn't figure out how to use the "24 @ sku#" button and insisted on manually counting and scanning each of my items seperatly.
We heard that Lowes was comming but they didn't open untill about 2 weeks before my final. On my first trip to Lowes, I hit the help button and thought I was in an FBI raid. Nine people came rushing to assist me from every direction. The kicker was, almost every one of them were faces and names I recognized from HD. The same people who ignored me acrossed the street, were stepping over each other to help!

earl-bob
10-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Cig If You Drop The Duece You Have To Take A Pic And Post It
I Think We All Would Like To See That One

2Driver
10-05-2007, 07:47 AM
9 times out of 10 if I ask a question at Home Depot the guy picks up the product and reads the instruction on the back to me. :rolleyes:
As far as using the install services. I would never trust the box stores to send out a sub to do the work.

mrs.rvrluvr
10-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Anyone know how I can start one of those hot dog stands in front of Lowe's or Home Depot?

WishIknew
10-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Home depot has gone to the vendor stock the shelfs program so no one in any dept knows the products like they had to in the past!!!If you think going from having boxes and boxes of contractor pac items to each item seperatly wraped and only a few of each item on the shelf is contractor helpfull I think NOT!! The departments have all shrunk to make way for bigger isles and less But more expensive stock! So you tell me contractor friendly or not??????

Troy McClure
10-05-2007, 02:56 PM
HD seems to be everywhere and I know the (basic) store layouts so I can get in and out quickly. Haven't been to Lowe's too often. Also, I LIKE the self checkouts if I have a few small items. I can scan that stuff much quicker than the flunkies that work there. Usually don't ask for help, well, because I'm a REAL man, we don't ask for help OR directions (J/K).
However, I'm a commercial contractor, we use (typically) 9' steel stud and run our drywall vertically, which would mean I need 9' drywall. HD use to sell 10' drywall which would work but we waste at least a foot of dwall per sheet, we could deal. Well, they decided that they didn't want to carry 10' anymore so my choices are 8' (obviously too short) or 12', now I'm wasting over 3' per sheet. FOCKERS!
Now I don't buy framing and dwall supplies there anymore, however all of the supply yards seem to be in Anaheim, What's up with that???? Not too convenient for us.

Tequila-John
10-05-2007, 03:12 PM
i like there vests