PDA

View Full Version : I've been busy this week.

Sportin' Wood
10-05-2007, 07:15 AM
For the guys that are following our racing:
Jeepin' Scott and I have had a busy week, coming off a third place at the MDR Lucern 250 We went to work trying to close a few Sponsorship deals we had in the works for 2008. I think I have been on the phone 30 hours this week. Well the hard work is paying off for the team. We are close to closing 3 more deals and hope to finalize by the weekend. But the big news is we sold our Title sponsorship to one of the biggest names in Motorsports.
Here is the press release.
October 2007
1st Dust Motorsports, LLC partners with Gale Banks Engineering for 2008.
1st Dust Motorsports, LLC, and the Dust Junkies team have reached an agreement that will brand the 1706 Jeepspeed Wrangler as the “Banks Power Wrangler”. “We are excited to partner with Banks Power, they are an icon in motorsports world wide,” said Jeff Knoll of 1st Dust Motorsports. Scott Hartman of 1st Dust Motorsports added, “ It’s an honor for us to represent a company with a heritage in racing that is synonymous with winning.” 1st Dust Motorsports along with the Dust Junkies racing team partnered with Clive Skilton and “Jeepspeed Challenge Series” to build the next generation of Jeepspeed vehicle in late 2006. The Jeep Wrangler made its debut in the 2007 Parker 425 with a disappointing DNF. DJR has since bounced back and shown consistent finishes including a 3rd place at the MDR Lucerne 250. “The car was just not ready for Parker, we were literally finishing the car in the tech line,” Knoll said. “Our goal for 2007 has been to build a team around the car and work out the bugs; I think we have done just that,” continued Hartman.
Gale Banks Engineering is the company others come to for advanced research and development, including “outside the box” projects for both product feasibility and image-generating media attention. Established in 1958, Banks has grown to 200+ employees on a 12-acre campus. The Mechanical Engineering Department, staffed with world-class automotive people, designs and tests the latest high performance equipment. In the Race Shop, Banks’ special project vehicles feature cutting-edge diesel and gasoline development, multiple turbo applications, mind-boggling horsepower and head-turning style. Sophisticated electronic engineering technologies are applied to engine improvement in the rapidly growing Computer Systems Engineering Department. Gale Banks Engineering designs turbocharged engines from the centerline of the crankshaft, out.
Gale Banks Engineering applies an unmatched combination of experience, capabilities and design/engineering/manufacturing savvy to provide automotive services and solutions that keep raising the aftermarket industry bar.
Over the last five years, “The Jeepspeed Challenge”, led by Clive Skilton, has taken the Jeep brand and thrust it headlong into spec class racing. With over 75 drivers registered over the last two years, 45 race Cherokees built, and five million page hits per year on www.jeepspeed.com the class is still growing with entries at each race typically exceeding 25.
For more information;
www.bankspower.com
www.jeeppeed.com
http://rockbuggysupply.com/rbbs/index.php?board=13.0
1st Dust Motorsports, LLC
Dust Junkies racing 1706
Jeepspeed challenge series

HM
10-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Is Bryanna gonna start racing his cobra jeep with you guys?

Sportin' Wood
10-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Is Bryanna gonna start racing his cobra jeep with you guys?
Byron is welcome as long as he brings the Bling Bling wheels with him.

RiverToysJas
10-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Get an F'n job already! :rolleyes:
RTJas :D

Sportin' Wood
10-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Get an F'n job already! :rolleyes:
RTJas :D
:D Smart a$$

rocket98
10-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Congrats on the sponsorships.... That is one of the hardest things to come by.
On Drag boat racing.com they have a new thread about having a team plan and getting sponsors. It's a good read

hkunz
10-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Good going, glad to hear it.
Hear anything from Bart or Jody down there? The only two race guys I know down there that I haven't heard much from lately.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-05-2007, 03:27 PM
I think he's gone already, but he talks to Bart almost daily and Jody from time to time. Small world :D

cola
10-05-2007, 06:58 PM
So does LJ still get to wench on the car.

Sleeper CP
10-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Congrats,
One question though, I thought the Jeepspeed deal was a spec series?
The Banks $ will be great, but can you use any of their parts or HP?
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

hkunz
10-06-2007, 08:29 AM
I think he's gone already, but he talks to Bart almost daily and Jody from time to time. Small world :D
So I'm thinking we've been wheeling together. Raggedy Red ring a bell?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2007, 08:34 AM
No, is that the name of your Jeep or CB handle? Have you ever been to any CRCA events out in Menifee?

hkunz
10-06-2007, 08:44 AM
No, is that the name of your Jeep or CB handle? Have you ever been to any CRCA events out in Menifee?
Both, and no. I left the SD area before crawling went big time, just did one race-type event out at Ocotillo Wells probably 7 or 8 years ago. I've done recovery at the SD4WDC Superstition Mountain event since its inception - the first year we had one trail with 100% attrition, including a nice big Jeep fire and a complete loss of a wheel/knuckle assembly. Not bad for less than 100 yards of trail.

hkunz
10-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Camp Jeep? That's where I met Bart. HDR? I've met a lot of folks there. PVD?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Was your Ocotillo thing the MDA (muscular dystrophy) run?

hkunz
10-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Camp Jeep? That's where I met Bart. HDR? I've met a lot of folks there. PVD?

OCMerrill
10-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Congrats on landing the big name sponsor.
I have some indirect experience with trying to obtain sponsorship. Years ago we purchased a Nascar Series race truck from Derrick Cope. We tried like hell to get that thing off the ground and spent a huge wad of cash just racing in only TWO races.
Went broke on the deal. Long story but Sponsorship...HUGE.:D

hkunz
10-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Was your Ocotillo thing the MDA (muscular dystrophy) run?
Yes, now that you mention it (jogged my memory), before they pulled the plug on it. We did that several times, it seems.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Jeff put on the "Macho Nacho" run. He did it for 2-3 years.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Congrats,
One question though, I thought the Jeepspeed deal was a spec series?
The Banks $ will be great, but can you use any of their parts or HP?
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
I'm pretty sure they use Banks exhaust.

hkunz
10-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Jeff put on the "Macho Nacho" run. He did it for 2-3 years.
OK, now I know who you are:) Or, more accurately, who he is.

OCMerrill
10-06-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm pretty sure they use Banks exhaust.
A Banks Jeep Exhaust Header is the claimed fix it for cracked manifolds/headers that everybody else including jeep puts out. I read that Banks just do not crack.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-10-2007, 05:47 PM
SW here on the wifes computer again.
Raggedy Red = I'll send you a PM. Small world.:D
Inland Jeep Freeks, Los Coyotes Might have been the first time I met you. Then again maybe it was the south district E.A. commitee, and PVD.
Jody, is doing well in the Rock sports world. Bart and I get in all kinds of trouble together.:D
As far as the sponsorship with Banks Power, we worked on that a long time and they have been with the team in a support position in 2007. For 2008 they stepped up and took the title spot. In the last week We have rounded out our 2008 marketing partners and pretty much filled every spot. 20 Years of heavy involvment in offroading does pay off I guess. Baja 1000 2008 here we come! There might even be a little money left in the budget to add the Baja 500.:D
Btw the Banks Header was an easy fit on the car and has not shown any signs of failure over the last 4 races.