PDA

View Full Version : Aboard the USS Nimitz. Tiger Cruise 07

moneypit
10-07-2007, 06:50 PM
A friend of mine took these photos on the way back from Hawaii... Videos to come. Enjoy...
http://picasaweb.google.com/blkmagic.m54/WestPAC07TigerCruiseContD?authkey=mxdbNbLrEnU
http://picasaweb.google.com/blkmagic.m54/WestPAC07TigerCruise?authkey=xs-GX9eOjJ4

DeltaSigBoater
10-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Ok... whats a Tiger Cruise? :confused:

Riverkid
10-07-2007, 07:15 PM
The US Navy sponsors Tiger Cruises for family members and friends of crewmen to let the public see first hand the might of our Navy...

Infomaniac
10-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Those are awesome. i'm suprised they are still doing them
The air displays out to sea are the best.
Saw my first supersonic fly by on one. F-14 Tomcat

mbrown2
10-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Those pics are so cool....that would be a fun experience.

partytime
10-08-2007, 04:25 AM
Awesome! Those photos brought back a lot of memories. Good memories too.
I could have retired 5 years ago had I stayed in...:hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

thatguy
10-08-2007, 04:54 AM
I remember the first time I saw a carrier, Biggest thing I had ever seen!
Anybody who has never seen one first hand should do it if the opportunity comes. They truly are a technical and engineering marvel. That men could build, and operate, such a thing always amazes Me.
Conversly, first time I saw a submarine at Pearl, I could not believe how SMALL they were. Hats off to all our seamen who live and work on all these craft! :D
Tommy

Sleeper CP
10-08-2007, 07:12 AM
I remember the first time I saw a carrier, Biggest thing I had ever seen!
Anybody who has never seen one first hand should do it if the opportunity comes. They truly are a technical and engineering marvel. That men could build, and operate, such a thing always amazes Me.
Tommy
I read something once that said only 5% of Americans have ever seen an Aircraft Carrier. Living in San Diego County and going Down Town a lot I've seen them forever. Very impressive sight.
When I was a kid my Uncle was the XO on the Kitty Hawk, been on it several times and 12 years ago went out on the Ranger with a friend who was a F-14 pilot. What a blast.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover