PDA

View Full Version : Well... add this to your list of things not to do

hoolign
10-08-2007, 04:05 PM
So we're in the south end of the acreage gathering leaves and burning them. I just had fixed my leaf blower and figured it need a trial run. So after about 30 minutes or so with my leaf blower in my left hand and my 7th Bud in my right. I stop to have a smoke. Well after flicking my lighter about 90000 times and getting farther into nicotine withdrawal I throw my lighter into the fire pit full of "Un" burning leaves, use my woman’s lighter and have my well needed smoke. A few more buds and I stop to completely fill the fire pit. ( it's about 7 feet in circumference) The leaves were wet so I dumped about 1/2 gallon diesel in there and slowly lit the fire. I'm on beer # 8 or 9 by now and leisurely enjoying another smoke. I look over to my dog who was growling at a ball that was to big to fit in his yap and KA FREAKIN BAM..WOOOOOOSH ...POW that fukkin lighter I previously threw in the pit nailed me upside the head about 1" from my right eye...and near knocked me out. Opened my temple up like Hanson on a fresh 24 pack. So I walked to the garage and took my finger off it to show the woman my accomplishment...do I get sympathy?? Nope!, Do I get first aid?? Nope. What do I get. what’d you do now you idiot!
I had to pose for pics prior to getting any sort of help...but I'm not posting them:D

Boatcop
10-08-2007, 04:08 PM
I'd say it's time to break out the staple gun.

Cigalert
10-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I got hit in the head by a coors light can. Your injury at least involved fire and nicotine. Chicks dig fire and nicotine.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/cigalert/FastCan.jpg
PUT'EM UP!!!!

bocco
10-08-2007, 04:10 PM
I also found out that you can't leave plastic lighters to close to a gas grill. They get hot and pop.

Jbb
10-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Dumbass....:p

gas Hogg
10-08-2007, 04:11 PM
STOP smoking and drink more and these things will not happen to you. ;)

Debbolas
10-08-2007, 04:13 PM
OMG:jawdrop:
Are you ok?
Deb<----------thankful there were no vacumn involved;)

Cheap Thrills
10-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Damnit Man ,,,,,, :D
Any stitches ?
T.

hoolign
10-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Dumbass ..yes..Ok ..yes..pics..nooooo:D

hoolign
10-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Damnit Man ,,,,,, :D
Any stitches ?
T.
No..wiped it of with shop towel and band aid :D

SummitKarl
10-08-2007, 04:20 PM
So we're in the south end of the acreage gathering leaves and burning them. I just had fixed my leaf blower and figured it need a trial run. So after about 30 minutes or so with my leaf blower in my left hand and my 7th Bud in my right. I stop to have a smoke. Well after flicking my lighter about 90000 times and getting farther into nicotine withdrawal I throw my lighter into the fire pit full of "Un" burning leaves, use my woman’s lighter and have my well needed smoke. A few more buds and I stop to completely fill the fire pit. ( it's about 7 feet in circumference) The leaves were wet so I dumped about 1/2 gallon diesel in there and slowly lit the fire. I'm on beer # 8 or 9 by now and leisurely enjoying another smoke. I look over to my dog who was growling at a ball that was to big to fit in his yap and KA FREAKIN BAM..WOOOOOOSH ...POW that fukkin lighter I previously threw in the pit nailed me upside the head about 1" from my right eye...and near knocked me out. Opened my temple up like Hanson on a fresh 24 pack. So I walked to the garage and took my finger off it to show the woman my accomplishment...do I get sympathy?? Nope!, Do I get first aid?? Nope. What do I get. what’d you do now you idiot!
I had to pose for pics prior to getting any sort of help...but I'm not posting them:D
I am beginning to sense a pattern here (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72056):D

Biglue
10-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Hooli.....you're a prime candidate for one of those beer men of genius commercials. :D :D

hoolign
10-08-2007, 04:24 PM
I am beginning to sense a pattern here (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72056):D
Have you been told yet today?? :D

Cheap Thrills
10-08-2007, 04:27 PM
No..wiped it of with shop towel and band aid :D
I haven't seen a band aid in years. It's usually black tape and toilet paper for me.
Super Glue if it's a deep one :D
Glad you're O~kay.
T.

hoolign
10-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Hooli.....you're a prime candidate for one of those beer men of genius commercials. :D :D
Hey LUE (http://***boat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2830496&postcount=13):D

SummitKarl
10-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Have you been told yet today?? :D
and by more than one person too:D :devil: ;)
I will have your info in the morning;)

hoolign
10-08-2007, 04:30 PM
and by more than one person too:D :devil: ;)
I will have your info in the morning;)
Cool, thanks Karl!

hoolign
10-08-2007, 04:31 PM
I haven't seen a band aid in years. It's usually black tape and toilet paper for me.
Glad you're O~kay.
T.
It aint bad ..just figured a funny story more than anything :D

Tom Brown
10-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Hey Hooli, I'd like to watch you stop a fan with your tongue.

hoolign
10-08-2007, 04:47 PM
You wouldnt believe this if I told you but..when i was 15...you get the point!:D

Ziggy
10-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Nice sigline Brown.......I feel, well, all tingly now ;)

Tom Brown
10-08-2007, 04:52 PM
I feel, well, all tingly now ;)
If you rub enough, the tingling will subside.

DaveA
10-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Glad you're O~kay.
T.
That's what you get from never coming out of the hamshack during the weekend:
>>>using the tools available to you.... especially if you're a contester.
Provided of course, that you have a toilet in the shack...and an extension cord on the mike....then again, mebbe you don't...! :)

Cheap Thrills
10-08-2007, 09:16 PM
That's what you get from never coming out of the hamshack during the weekend:
>>>using the tools available to you.... especially if you're a contester.
Provided of course, that you have a toilet in the shack...and an extension cord on the mike....then again, mebbe you don't...! :)
Don't need the mile long mic cord I just increase the sensitivity on the VOX circuit so the whole roundtable can hear me scream as the superglue hits the meat :p
KN
T.

OCMerrill
10-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Last year at Christmas we took a trip to Santa Fe New Mexico, We rented a house big enough for the whole family. The rent for the week was $5k.
In this house all (in every room even) fireplaces were manual start. No gas, propane... so you had to build fires. For $5k there should have been a Hot chick to light fires...included.:)
My brother started a fire in the living room and forgot to put the little bottle of "Go Juice" away from the heat.
While we were exchanging gifts....Kaboom and a little mini fireball in the living room.
Nobody hurt but there were some underwear issues to say the least. Could have been much, much worse.

WishIknew
10-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Last year at Christmas we took a trip to Santa Fe New Mexico, We rented a house big enough for the whole family. The rent for the week was $5k.
In this house all (in every room even) fireplaces were manual start. No gas, propane... so you had to build fires. For $5k there should have been a Hot chick to light fires...included.:)
My brother started a fire in the living room and forgot to put the little bottle of "Go Juice" away from the heat.
While we were exchanging gifts....Kaboom and a little mini fireball in the living room.
Nobody hurt but there were some underwear issues to say the least. Could have been much, much worse.
5k a week should of went to Maui:) :)

OCMerrill
10-08-2007, 09:44 PM
5k a week should of went to Maui:) :)
You are not kidding!
Some of the Fam lives in Texas and some in so cal. Santa Fe was equal distance according to parents law. I am patient with it as they are getting older.
Taos was cool. Santa Fe has a nice little ski place as well.
Never again.

hoolign
10-09-2007, 04:53 AM
ok 1 time i was unloadn some 2x6x10' off the rack on my trailer,so i pull out my old 32oz hammer and stick the claw end into one of the 2x6's and pull out it comes,so the next one and the next one all the time drinkn beer;) so i do another one and pull:( what happens next is a blur:( :idea: the focking hammer comes out and hits me rigth between the eyes:( i go to my knees,i can't see nothing but focking stars,blood running down my face:( i was a mess:( so after i came to/remembered who i was i walk/stager to the house my focking wife is ROLLING IN LAUGHTER:( she saw the whole thing and didn't even come to help:(
Demented bitches! This one here "pretends" to feel sorry for me:rolleyes:

hoolign
10-09-2007, 04:56 AM
you should change your sig to "I FOUGHT THE LAWN AND THE LAWN WON":D
LMAOROTF..."cautiously" :D