PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater USA.....

Jbb
10-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Iraq Wants.... (http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2007/10/08/783068.html&cvqh=itn_blackwater)
Does anybody really give a f^^k what ...Iraq wants...?

XtrmWakeborder
10-08-2007, 05:43 PM
I know I don't.....

RitcheyRch
10-08-2007, 05:53 PM
I dont care what Iraq wants either. Heard on the news today that Blackwater considering guarding our borders.

Pheelin Phroggy
10-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I dont care what Iraq wants either. Heard on the news today that Blackwater considering guarding our borders.
Sheeit... I would submit an application for that gig! I hear they pay pretty good.. get to spend all day offroading with firepower and enforce the no habla english... no enter in the middle of the desert rule!

RitcheyRch
10-08-2007, 06:56 PM
http://www.worldproutassembly.org/archives/2007/06/blackwater_merc.html
Sheeit... I would submit an application for that gig! I hear they pay pretty good.. get to spend all day offroading with firepower and enforce the no habla english... no enter in the middle of the desert rule!

Mardonzi
10-08-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't think you are qualified... :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
10-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Now that is what I'm talking about

WetWillie
10-08-2007, 07:23 PM
They want Blackwater to pay for every person killed...
How about the family’s of our serviceman get paid for their family members killed!!! :devil:
I can’t believe Iraq officials would even ask that. How about paying us back for liberating there fricking country...
We will take oil as payment..

CPBRIAN10THMTN
10-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Its very surprising, i think there is more to the story, i worked next to alot of those guys and they are very good and very disciplined. Alot of them are vets and police officers, our service members families do get paid by the way, 460,000$, of course that is never worth the love of a child. No money can replace that love.

XtrmWakeborder
10-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Its very surprising, i think there is more to the story, i worked next to alot of those guys and they are very good and very disciplined. Alot of them are vets and police officers, our service members families do get paid by the way, 460,000$, of course that is never worth the love of a child. No money can replace that love.
And you think that is Iraqi money?....no. The latest incident had them firing on innocent unarmed civilians, then it came out that one of their vehicles had been disabled and had bullet holes in it. Unarmed huh?

CPBRIAN10THMTN
10-08-2007, 08:41 PM
And you think that is Iraqi money?....no. The latest incident had them firing on innocent unarmed civilians, then it came out that one of their vehicles had been disabled and had bullet holes in it. Unarmed huh?
I never said it was, i'm just saying that the news doesn't always report correct or the whole story, not saying they were right at all, from what i see they are def wrong in what they did, just saying it is surprising.

Cheap Thrills
10-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Right / Wrong doesn't matter it's war. Since when is war suppose to be sanitary? If it were me pulling the strings there would be a whole lot more of em dead. Innocent people are going to die. It's time these bleeding heart bastards quit trying to fight a politically correct war and kick some ass.
As far as Blackwater operatives go I would give them all a focking medal!
T.

CPBRIAN10THMTN
10-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Right / Wrong doesn't matter it's war. Since when is war suppose to be sanitary? If it were me pulling the strings there would be a whole lot more of em dead. Innocent people are going to die. It's time these bleeding heart bastards quit trying to fight a politically correct war and kick some ass.
T.
Exactly, its war, collaterall damage, it happens.

XtrmWakeborder
10-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Anybody else like the protecting the border idea? hmmm:idea: I wonder what the cost/benefit of that would be.

DMOORE
10-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Anybody else like the protecting the border idea? hmmm:idea: I wonder what the cost/benefit of that would be.
It would be much less than the billions they cost taxpayers once they sneak across, that's for sure.
Darrell.

Racer277
10-08-2007, 09:39 PM
T.
Even the ex-Junta South American ones?
Some of these Blackwater units are straight from the right wing death squads. Don't know if I want them protecting our borders. Or did you think all of the BW mercs were blond/blue americans?
No bid contracts are horse shit, anyway you look at it. There have been an awful lot of No bid contracts awarded. 100's of millions worth to BW, KBR, HB, Level3, MPRI to name a few.
It's almost as if the war was planned to make money for someone...

SummitKarl
10-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Some of these Blackwater units are straight from the right wing death squads. Don't know if I want them protecting our borders. Or did you think all of the BW mercs were blond/blue americans?
No bid contracts are horse shit, anyway you look at it. There have been an awful lot of No bid contracts awarded. 100's of millions worth to BW, KBR, HB, Level3, MPRI to name a few.
in my best "Dia" voice........."Ya Think"!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Cheap Thrills
10-08-2007, 10:35 PM
I think you need to re read my post and the thread topic.
I was referring to the Blackwater ops, the subject of the of this thread.
All of which were trained right here in NC. And just happen to be doing a good job at doing what the govt. is too chicken shit to do because of political reasons. If this Govt. of ours would put the politics behind them and fight this Goddamned war like wars are suppose to be fought Blackwater would not have been called in, you and I would not be going around, and this thread would never have been started. The US Government as I stated in my previous post is trying to have a sanitary war
which is a bigger load of bullshit Than Blackwater ops.
So they wiped out a carload or two of innocents BFD war is hell.
I'd still give them a medal they're trying to do our dirty work with the US governments finger in their barrels and a leash around their necks.
I've said this before here and I'll say it one more time and I'm done with it.
This country wasn't built on sanitary wars.
Take for instance our forefathers who fought and died for our freedoms from England and every other pissy country that decided to take us on.
Do you think they actually gave a shit about offending anyone? Or killing a few innocent people ?
Hell no they didn't. They were hoping to!
In WW2 when Fat Man and Little Boy were dropped on Japan do you think they gave a shit about what other people thought or worried that innocent people would die ?
Hell no they didn't and that's what made this country great. Sure we killed a bunch of innocent or supposedly innocent people but as shitty as it is,
that's what it takes to win wars and secure our freedoms that so many take for granted.. And We Didn't give a shit about offending anyone while we were doing it.
They did afterwards due to politics and worrying about offending people and other countries. A Bunch of bleeding heart bastards saw to that !
We skimmed by Korea, because of it, we lost Viet Nam because of it and were losing in the Gulf all because we're afraid of offending someone.
And that is why this country is going to hell in a hand basket.
And that's the way I see it. you can agree or disagree. Or we can agree to disagree. I'm done with it.
Have a Great Evening.
T.

~FM
10-08-2007, 10:36 PM
T.
I tend to agree; you can have war or you can play nice but you can't do both simultaneously.

RitcheyRch
10-09-2007, 03:54 AM
Kind of hope it happens.
Now that is what I'm talking about

socalmoney
10-09-2007, 04:44 AM
Well Bush has paid Blackwater over a Billion to protect empty trucks driving around the desert. How much would it cost us to keep Jose from crossing our boarder. I say just hire more ICE agents. I am not for the privatization of Law Enforcement or Military. Too expensive. I know they are capable but it costs too much.

socalmoney
10-09-2007, 05:06 AM
In WW2 when Fat Man and Little Boy were dropped on Japan do you think they gave a shit about what other people thought or worried that innocent people would die ?
Hell no they didn't and that's what made this country great. Sure we killed a bunch of innocent or supposedly innocent people but as shitty as it is,
that's what it takes to win wars and secure our freedoms that so many take for granted.. And We Didn't give a shit about offending anyone while we were doing it.
They did afterwards due to politics and worrying about offending people and other countries. A Bunch of bleeding heart bastards saw to that !
We skimmed by Korea, because of it, we lost Viet Nam because of it and were losing in the Gulf all because we're afraid of offending someone.
If you haven't seen the movie Fog of War, I recommend it. It is interesting to see how are leaders in WWII grappled with their decisions. I don't really think it was political pressure that has drove us to be so-called week on the war front but our struggle to be a moral and just nation. I think a lot was learned from our battle and subsequent victory with Japan.
Here is a clip of McNamara discussing the bombing of Japan. Interesting comment at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er2xCn3_QcQ
$

Trailer Park Casanova
10-09-2007, 05:22 AM
60 Minutes reported Blackwaters own employee fatality rate is estimated to be well over 2000.

Racer277
10-09-2007, 06:15 AM
OK, so I won't ask your opinion on Death Squads, Rape Squads, The Dissapeared, and Genocide.
Please, explain to me why you think No Bid Government contracts should go to ANY company? BW included.
Does it bother you if the decision makers of the war have close ties to companies awarded the contracts?
If you want to really fight this war, let BW emplace child soldiers. They are incredibly effective, cheap, and ruthless. Just look at Africa.
All of which were trained right here in NC. And just happen to be doing a good job at doing what the govt. is too chicken shit to do because of political reasons. If this Govt. of ours would put the politics behind them and fight this Goddamned war like wars are suppose to be fought Blackwater would not have been called in, you and I would not be going around, and this thread would never have been started. The US Government as I stated in my previous post is trying to have a sanitary war
I'd still give them a medal they're trying to do our dirty work with the US governments finger in their barrels and a leash around their necks.
Take for instance our forefathers who fought and died for our freedoms from England and every other pissy country that decided to take us on.
Do you think they actually gave a shit about offending anyone? Or killing a few innocent people ?
And that's the way I see it. you can agree or disagree. Or we can agree to disagree. I'm done with it.
Have a Great Evening.
T.

H2OT TIMES
10-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Have a Great Evening.
T.
I couldn't agree more. America needs to remember that the proper way to fight a war is to tell your military leaders to go do what needs to be done. At that point the suit and tie brigade needs to sit down and shut up until it is over. During two tours in Viet Nam the dumbest thing anybody ever said to me was "Don't fire unless fired upon" Yea right, sure.

Keith E. Sayre
10-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Right or wrong, a group such as Blackwater would be 10,000 times more effective on our border as the current group is being that the current group
has their hands tied behind their backs.
Keith Sayre

thatguy
10-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Have a Great Evening.
T.
100% accurate. I would also submit the endless and relentless Allied bombing sorties on Berlin and Frankfurt during WWII.
500-1000 bombers EVERY NIGHT. That is collateral damage! BUT, as stated, that is how you demoralize your enemy and END wars.
Our enemy counts on our leaders attempts at political correctness. It is part of their strategy, and rightly so. I would too. It must stop if We are to end anything.
War is War. Debate is debate. My .02
Tommy

MADDOG355
10-09-2007, 06:25 PM
I haven't really kept up with the story, So I don't have all the details but I did see it posted that one of the trucks had bullit holes in it.
Here is My thoughts
Remember the image of the four blackwater guys hanging from the bridge? I bet everyone one of them do. The goal is to keep moving at all costs.
I used to be employed by a company that was contracted to rebuild and repair the military trucks. A military wrecker driver told me once when they left in a convoy the orders were do not stop for any reason, It did not matter if it was a little kid or a semi in the road. Go over or through it how ever you can.
I found this out by asking him about a old five ton with what looked like a cattle catcher from a train mounted on the front of it.
The blackwater guys are lucky to have 1ton 4x4s from what I understand so they don't have the size advantage in traffic that a military convoy does. They can't put a 5 ton or a HEMMIT in front and go like hell, They have to shoot their way through problems (example Clear and Present Danger) .

MADDOG355
10-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Before everyone starts with the it is about oil crap think about this.
They send the troops off to war. The wives and husbands of the troops are back in the states, Handeling the money. The troops are getting combat pay while there other half is here buying cars, tvs and blowing the raise any way they want.
( the more money they spend the more taxes the gov gets back, the more it boosts the local economy) .
Now add in private contractors on the bases here repairing trucks and such as they rotate the trucks from there to here. Now you have provided more jobs in that area. (And I promise you some of these people can't hold a job to save their life) Yet they get hired. (for the record a mechanic hired by the contractor makes more than the motor SGT in the unit) Garenteed 40hrs a week any over time has to be aproved and you are asked 30days in advance if you want to work it.
Then you have a bunch of troops that don't know how to repair the trucks damaged in the battlefield. Some even couse damage by ignorance. (Install brake pads backwords, motor oil in the brake system, driving around on paved roads in lowlock are just a few I have seen)
Now they cant cycle trucks fast enough to keep good trucks overthere. Lets offer the contracter mechanics 150K a year TAX FREE to go overthere and repair trucks.
Here is the catch!! At the 6 month mark they send you home of a few weeks BUT if you are off Iraq Soil for more than 30days (they get almost to the sec) Ie weather delay missed flight what ever, You loose the tax free agreement.
And agian your spouse is over here spending the money you are making locally anyway.
During Desert Storm I saw a major decline in the local economy (almost no private contracters)
This time It has pretty much helped the economy.

SmokinLowriderSS
10-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Iraq Wants.... (http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2007/10/08/783068.html&cvqh=itn_blackwater)
Does anybody really give a f^^k what ...Iraq wants...?
I have been thinking I need to apply to Blackburn. :D :D
20+ year mil. career, retiree, last 13 years in security/law enforcement, full security clearances as needed, already been over there once. :jawdrop: :idea: :D

CPBRIAN10THMTN
10-09-2007, 09:57 PM
I couldn't agree more. America needs to remember that the proper way to fight a war is to tell your military leaders to go do what needs to be done. At that point the suit and tie brigade needs to sit down and shut up until it is over. During two tours in Viet Nam the dumbest thing anybody ever said to me was "Don't fire unless fired upon" Yea right, sure.
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6,
when you are over there you do what you have to to stay alive, you yourself and your brothers are first and foremost. I will not, and i know none of my commrades, would ever hesitate cuz they thought it might get somebodys panties in a bunch.

piper
10-09-2007, 10:11 PM
BW and the other secruity companies do a great job out there.

Baja Big Dog
10-10-2007, 07:14 AM
The Iraqi's want money......take it out of the few billion were spendin over there to allow these ungratful bastards to be in the position to demand money!!!:mad:
Its amazing the press Blackwater is getting, since they are such a new company!!!:idea:
Oh well, its a photo op for the Democrats, more negitive press about how the war is being run.

OGShocker
10-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Racer277 types an Email to Blackwater (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAftehrdBfo)
:D

Racer277
10-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Ha !
Clearly everyone is missing my point. I have no problem with gloves off fighting. I still say child soldiers are the best bang for the buck. I can rationalize it all day long! Why pay the high prices for adults, when children are more terrifying, ruthless, and don't have the pesky conscious that so many soldiers have.
I have two issues with all of this though:
1 Simply because someone takes a job, does not make him a hero.
2 No bid contracts are horse shit.
I actually think all gov't services should be bid out as contracts. But, the contractors must be monitored also.
:D Nice try though!:D
Racer277 types an Email to Blackwater (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAftehrdBfo)
:D

OGShocker
10-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Ha !
Clearly everyone is missing my point. I have no problem with gloves off fighting. I still say child soldiers are the best bang for the buck. I can rationalize it all day long! Why pay the high prices for adults, when children are more terrifying, ruthless, and don't have the pesky conscious that so many soldiers have.
I have two issues with all of this though:
1 Simply because someone takes a job, does not make him a hero.
2 No bid contracts are horse shit.
I actually think all gov't services should be bid out as contracts. But, the contractors must be monitored also.
:D Nice try though!:D
95% of these heros will become Fire Fighters or LEOS...:D

Racer277
10-10-2007, 04:52 PM
95% of these heros will become Fire Fighters or LEOS...:D
God Bless Every One of Them!:D

Racer277
10-10-2007, 04:57 PM
The contractors over there are a good thing.
They have no illusions (in most cases) of what they are there to do.
They can (many times) do the job more efficiently and quickly than government soldiers.
That being said, they can and do cause problems. Rarely would that be the boot's fault, more likely a policy (or lack of) issue that hasn't been addressed by management or oversight.
I suspect that many of the contractors over there did not initially know all they were in for, or all the concerns they should have had.
I was being recruited by KBR to do work in New Orleans a few years back. The contract allowed them to send me anywhere for any time. That made me a little hesitant...:idea:

Baja Big Dog
10-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Its amazing the attention these guys are getting, since they are a new organization, as is the concept of contract "security" organizations, yea right, they have been round as long as the military, the govt closed an eye since these do some things the government would get in trouble for. Do they make some people disappear? who knows, you can only guess. Do they eliminate people that are a pain in the ass, maybe, one can only guess. Are they needed, one can only guess, but I wish I were one sometimes!!!:D