PDA

View Full Version : Anybody live near CITY OF INDUSTRY?

YSFCBFH
10-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Hi,
A good friend of mine living in the Santa Monica area got a new job in
City of Industry. That's going to require a 30-mile drive to and from
work every day. I'm encouraging her to move somewhere closer to work,
but I don't imagine City of Industry is a great place to live. How
about the outlying areas -- West Covina, Rowland Heights, Diamond Bar,
Whittier, Walnut? Your recommendations would be enormously appreciated.
Thanks !!!!

finsfan4life
10-08-2007, 10:02 PM
West Covina..most Areas Nice..covina Too..
Rowland Hieghts...surrounded By Both Nice And Barrio..
Walnut...nice..for The Most Part...
San Dimas...nice....!!!
Traffic..all Over...
If I Was To Pick One For Me....it Will Be Dimas Or Walnut..going To Cost U Though..but No More Than Santa Monica....
BUT WHAT A COINCIDENCE, I JUST GOT TRANSFERRED TO THAT AREA TOO...

Havasu1986
10-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Brea, Diamond Bar and Yorba Linda are nice and fairly close. ;)

Rising Sun
10-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Do you know where in the city her new job is at? The City of Industry goes from the 605 fwy to the 57 fwy. Also, does she want to buy a house or rent an apartment/house? If you want more info, pm me. I worked in the area for several years and know some good places for her to check out.
Ron Tanikawa
Eliminator Boats
Mira Loma,Ca
951-681-1222

HavasuSelect
10-08-2007, 10:42 PM
BUT WHAT A COINCIDENCE, I JUST GOT TRANSFERRED TO THAT AREA TOO...
SDM? IDT? WAL? PRV?

finsfan4life
10-09-2007, 12:02 AM
SDM? IDT? WAL? PRV?
IDT

mbrown2
10-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Close to Industry, Walnut's pretty nice and parts of Hacienda Heights are pretty nice...if you want to go north, parts of West Covina, Covina can be nice...as well as south or east Fullerton and Diamond Bar can be nice..
Stay away from La Puente, Valinda, Basset, and I would not even move to Rowland Heights...just my .02 born and raised in La Puente..

ChumpChange
10-09-2007, 08:22 AM
What another coincidence. I have an opening in a duplex in Covina if he is looking to rent. Industry is large though. Where is he working?

RiverToysJas
10-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Hi,
A good friend of mine living in the Santa Monica area got a new job in
City of Industry. That's going to require a 30-mile drive to and from
work every day. I'm encouraging her to move somewhere closer to work,
but I don't imagine City of Industry is a great place to live. How
about the outlying areas -- West Covina, Rowland Heights, Diamond Bar,
Whittier, Walnut? Your recommendations would be enormously appreciated.
Thanks !!!!
First post.... :idea: Welcome, You a long time lurker or something?
RTJas :D

piper
10-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Close to Industry, Walnut's pretty nice and parts of Hacienda Heights are pretty nice...if you want to go north, parts of West Covina, Covina can be nice...as well as south or east Fullerton and Diamond Bar can be nice..
Stay away from La Puente, Valinda, Basset, and I would not even move to Rowland Heights...just my .02 born and raised in La Puente..
Yes I agree!!!

Sun burners
10-09-2007, 10:15 AM
I live in West Covina,
I would like to live in South Hills!

Bense468
10-09-2007, 10:17 AM
I live in La Verne next to san dimas and worked in COI for a few years. No big deal on drive.

bohica
10-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Many of the areas mentiond above, in particular Hacienda Hts., Rowland Hts, Walnut & Diamond Bar are in what's considered the Asian triangle. Most schools in the area are 70% asian, with Chinese & Korean making up the most. These people are very superstitous when it comes to the whole Feng Shui superstitions. If you buy in these areas, make sure your realtor is well versed in Feng Shui.
I myself think it's a bunch of BS, but it could make a difference when it comes time to sell. I've seen neighbors homes sit on the market for months simply because of a bad number in the address or the staircase running the wrong way in a home.

mbrown2
10-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I live in West Covina,
Very nice area....except years ago, if you were near the top, you get the BKK smells blowing if the wind was going in that direction...
particularly like the area just east of Grand south of the 10...ranch style homes and lots back in the trees and rolling hills..

Badger301
10-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I live in West Covina,
I live in West Covina also..I can see South Hills does that count?
I think everybody pretty much hit it...lots of nice places in the area. Dont know exactly what your looking for, rental or buy but there are a couple of Apt Complexes around also.
Feel free to PM if I can help

Relaxalot
10-09-2007, 04:23 PM
I live in San Dimas (Via Verde) it is a great town. I used to live in Diamond Bar. LaVerne is great above Foothill. Claremont is great also. I know of several houses for sale and a great realtor. Call me and I will give you the straight scoop.
Dan

shippingguy
10-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Brea, Diamond Bar and Yorba Linda are nice and fairly close. ;)
I would second Brea on this list. I grew up there and it is very nice. Fullerton is nice as well. Yorba Linda may be a bit to far east. The benefit of Brea and Fullerton is that she could take Fullerton Road straight over the hill into City of Industry and have no traffic. JMO
Mike

howard25bullet
10-09-2007, 05:51 PM
I would second Brea on this list. I grew up there and it is very nice. Fullerton is nice as well. Yorba Linda may be a bit to far east. The benefit of Brea and Fullerton is that she could take Fullerton Road straight over the hill into City of Industry and have no traffic. JMO
Mike
I live in Fullerton and love it here! Harbor becomes Fullerton Road and dumps into the 60 about 5 miles or so from COI. Not a bad drive at all.
There are small to very large houses plus condo's, townhouses, apartments, some excellent schools and also very good restaurants and bars downtown.
There are many "safe" places to live all around the community in many price ranges. Most people that move here seem to stay and many of their kids stay as well.

Havasu1986
10-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Mike
I drive it every morning in 30 mins. ;)