PDA

View Full Version : Water woes: Farmers face cuts, rationing looms for Southland residents

RitcheyRch
10-09-2007, 04:24 AM
http://www.dailynews.com/ci_7122310

1manshow
10-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Enviromentalist Suck:mad: :mad:

dirty old man
10-09-2007, 11:42 AM
1manshow, so does the lack of water. They are saying the same thing about the southeast

YeLLowBoaT
10-09-2007, 11:50 AM
um with out the water from nor cal and from the colorado river so cal would not have any water...

mbrown2
10-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Why is it that Water De-Salinization has not become a real solution or priority?

Never Satisfied
10-09-2007, 12:27 PM
1manshow, so does the lack of water. They are saying the same thing about the southeast
So does NO FOOD! It takes water for a farmer to farm. If the crops don't get water then shit, there is no food either! Its a domino effect, less water, less crops, more demand, higher prices in stores= people bitching about the high prices. People just need to get smarter with their use of water. I see people with broken sprinklers flooding streets, heck freeways with over spray from the sprinklers. Those are just little things but they all add up.

Never Satisfied
10-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Enviromentalist Suck:mad: :mad:
Tell me about it!:mad:

burtandnancy2
10-09-2007, 01:36 PM
mbrown2 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
The amount of water required is way beyond any practical current methods of desal, RO, demineralization, etc. There's plenty of water around, its just in the wrong places at any given time. If TX and OK flood, there are droughts in CA, AZ and NV as well as FL, GA or AK. We've got to find a way to move it where needed on a practical basis and store it for future use. How about refilling our lakes, resevours and aquifers, wouldn't that help? Mother Nature is a Bitch...

Moneypitt
10-09-2007, 02:17 PM
There has to be some way to blame the water shortage on wakeboard boats.........MP

MR.rvrluvr
10-09-2007, 02:33 PM
every morning on the way to work I have to drive thru 4 or 5 rivers due to over watering of center dividers in my town...I only drive 6.3 miles..:eek: Also when I am in O.C. there is water every where in the streets from overwatering...you think they would want to check this out.... I am sure this is a problem everywhere....not saying to stop watering but do they need 200 gals to do a 5 gal job...:idea:

YeLLowBoaT
10-09-2007, 02:35 PM
There has to be some way to blame the water shortage on wakeboard boats.........MP
the suck up all the water in thier "fat stacks" and then let it out to run down the drain at home. :D

WaterJunky
10-09-2007, 03:27 PM
De-sal is becoming more cost effective every year. The problem is that so-cal does not want to spend the $ to build the plants needed to do it. Currently it is cheaper and easier to just rape and pillage all the surrounding areas like Northern California and the Colorado river for their water. Just ask Owens valley (or whats left of it). MET is absolutly ruthless and less than honest about just taking whatever they can get there hands on.
I do know what I am talking about because I am directly involved in the water issues of the state.
Yes I do know that this will make a few people mad, but it is the truth.

Havasu1
10-10-2007, 07:57 AM
They say that 60 to 70 percent of water use is for landscaping...watering the lawn and that kind of stuff. Seems to me that if SoCal went to Arizona type landscaping a whole lot of water could be saved. Also, there is plenty of the recycled water (non-potable) that they could pipe to homes for watering landscaping. Hell, they built freeways, can't they build a piping network to get water to where it needs to be? The problem seems to be that the polaticians are busy pissing our money away on other stuff vs. solving the water issues. So there natural response is for us to consume less due to there lack of vision.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-10-2007, 08:18 AM
De-sal is becoming more cost effective every year. The problem is that so-cal does not want to spend the $ to build the plants needed to do it. Currently it is cheaper and easier to just rape and pillage all the surrounding areas like Northern California and the Colorado river for their water. Just ask Owens valley (or whats left of it). MET is absolutly ruthless and less than honest about just taking whatever they can get there hands on.
I do know what I am talking about because I am directly involved in the water issues of the state.
Yes I do know that this will make a few people mad, but it is the truth.
De-Sal in CA is an absolute. CA residents and businesses are ultimately going to pay for this anyway. I wish the people would accept this fact and get this in motion. IF CA was smart they would De-Sal enough to pipe to NV and AZ, and help pay the bill. Just my .02