PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari Enzo Crash - the mystery deepens

MagicMtnDan
02-28-2006, 07:51 AM
LOS ANGELES - The mystery in the case of last week's crash of a $1 million Ferrari Enzo on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu is deepening. Feb. 23 Images
Los Angeles County sheriff's detectives told the Los Angeles Times that they believe a gun's magazine discovered near the wreckage is connected to the crash, and they plan to interview an unnamed person who they believe was in the car with Swedish game machine entrepreneur Stefan Eriksson.
The crash has also garnered the attention of a leading Scottish bank, which has informed sheriff's investigators that it may own the destroyed car, The Times reported.
At the same time, detectives are trying to figure out why another exotic car in Eriksson's extensive collection, a Mercedes SLR, was listed as stolen by Scotland Yard in London, Sheriff's Sgt. Phil Brooks told The Times.
The totaled Ferrari was one of two Enzos that Eriksson brought into the United States from England along with the Mercedes SLR, Brooks told the newspaper. But detectives have concluded that the totaled vehicle did not have appropriate papers and was not "street legal" in California.
Detectives have been trying to sort out what exactly happened last week ago, when Eriksson's Enzo -- one of only 400 ever made -- smashed into a telephone pole while moving at 162 miles an hour.
Eriksson told deputies he was the passenger and that a man he knew only as "Dietrich" was behind the wheel. But detectives noted that Eriksson had a bloody lip and that the only blood visible in the car was on the driver's-side air bag.

wsuwrhr
02-28-2006, 08:19 AM
Who cares about the gun? They are just fishing for something.
Why can't they nail him for DUI and be done with the deal? Can't DNA be taken from the drivers airbag and prove he was in the drivers seat? So he wrecked his car, maybe he committed fraud by defaulting on the loan and bringing the car to the states.
The guy owns two Enzo's and the other Benz that was being raced?
The story is so silly. Another tale of too much money and nothing to do with it.
Must be nice. Like I have said from the beginning, if you can afford a car like that, the money to buy it is a drop in the bucket.
162 MPH? Sweet!!!
Brian

H20 Toie
02-28-2006, 08:26 AM
The guy has been skirting the law for years, read up on him he is scum who has been ripping off people for years. but has made enough money that he can just buy his way out of anything. it's to bad he didn't get killed in the crash.

JetBoatRich
02-28-2006, 08:34 AM
162 MPH on that stretch of PCH :messedup: lucky nobody was killed :yuk:

Hardly Satisfied
02-28-2006, 09:59 AM
That's crazy

OGShocker
02-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Eriksson, is "connected". He is one of the top members of the Swedish (yes they have an) organized crime syndicate. You will be surprised at the news that comes out later on this guy.

BajaMike
02-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Who cares about the gun? They are just fishing for something.
Why can't they nail him for DUI and be done with the deal?
Brian
From my experience, the law doesn't normally prosecute drivers in single vehicle, un-witnessed accidents. It's too hard to prove the driver was behind the wheel.
:idea:
:rollside: :) :rollside: :) :rollside: :)

Silver
02-28-2006, 02:25 PM
From my experience, the law doesn't normally prosecute drivers in single vehicle, un-witnessed accidents. It's too hard to prove the driver was behind the wheel.
Bullshit!!!!!!
DNA.....from the blood!

wsuwrhr
02-28-2006, 04:10 PM
In AZ, I beg to differ, haha, don't ask me how I know that either.
In Ca I have yet to have that kind of luck.
I still think the DNA from the DS Airbag and no markings whatsoever on PS, it would be easy to prove.
Brian

Captain Dan
02-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Bullshit!!!!!!
DNA.....from the blood!
Are we forgetting about OJ ?

ovrkll77
02-28-2006, 07:36 PM
A friend told me that his friend knows this ferrarri guy. And the ferrarri guy was driving the enzo while his friend was racing him in his slr. They were going so fast that the slr tapped the enzo, sending him flying into a pole. I think the story is funny. I'm glad that pos lost his enzo, people like that don't appreciate anything.

H20 Toie
02-28-2006, 08:16 PM
A friend told me that his friend knows this ferrarri guy. And the ferrarri guy was driving the enzo while his friend was racing him in his slr. They were going so fast that the slr tapped the enzo, sending him flying into a pole. I think the story is funny. I'm glad that pos lost his enzo, people like that don't appreciate anything.
Is that a friend of a friend story :)

JetBoatRich
02-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Is that a friend of a friend story :)
it was a cousin of a friend of my uncles granmother :rollside:

Charley
02-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Are we forgetting about OJ ?
With a name like Stefan Eriksson I'm guessing he aint black... he's fried ;)
:p damn did i step over another line..... damn :p

WaTchTheGelCoat
02-28-2006, 08:57 PM
My best friends sisters boyfriends brothers girlfriend, knows this guy who knows this girl who saw ferris pass out at 31 flavors last night. I Guess its pretty serious :rollside: :) :rollside: :) :rollside: :)

ovrkll77
02-28-2006, 09:03 PM
this friend knows somebody that knows somebody that is fried.

MOBrien
02-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Very wealthy dude and probably his slacker tag-along coattail riding buddy were talking. "I bet the Enzo is faster...nooooo dude, I bet the SLR is totally faster....let's go find out. Are you effing serious? Yup. Perfect time to do it...nobody out there. Get the keys chump!" VraaaaaVraraaaaaaVroooooooooooooooooooom.....
Kinda familiar except I recall driving a friggin GTi against a Jetta. Little different league I guess. And the lucky focker has another Enzo as a backup? :rolleyes: Damn it! :mad: :D

BRAWNY
02-28-2006, 10:14 PM
to much money not enough sense.

ThongMagnet
02-28-2006, 10:18 PM
:crossx: I don't think I'd be talking to much trash about a guy with possible connections. Maybe a few of you should purchase a couple locking drain plugs, just in case, to cover your ass's :crossx: