PDA

View Full Version : water in the oil need help

Hydro-Thunder
06-07-2002, 09:34 PM
Ok heres one for you guys. Today I was going to install my new MSD distributor and when I pulled out the stocker I saw white on the distributor gear? So I check a little further and sure enough there is a slight milk shake in my oil pan? so then I get a pressure gauge on the system (closed with antifreeze) and it doesnot leak?? where did the water come from? The oil was not changed in the spring could sitting in a partually heated garage cause the moisture in the engine?
Thanks Jesse

mach1 454
06-08-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Hydro-Thunder:
Ok heres one for you guys. Today I was going to install my new MSD distributor and when I pulled out the stocker I saw white on the distributor gear? So I check a little further and sure enough there is a slight milk shake in my oil pan? so then I get a pressure gauge on the system (closed with antifreeze) and it doesnot leak?? where did the water come from? The oil was not changed in the spring could sitting in a partually heated garage cause the moisture in the engine?
Thanks Jesse
that happened to me memorial weekend out on the river. does it run right, any miss fire? i found out that i had water in my oil when i saw it comming out of the K&N breathers. it scared me i thought i cracked a cylinder wall or blew a head gasket, but it ran fine. i pulled the boat out of the water and changed the oil and never got water in the oil again. do you have an engine hatch or open motor? maybe water got in the engine your last trip. just change the oil and see what happens and go from thier. good luck
mach1 454

project-speed
06-08-2002, 12:07 PM
I had the same problem with a olds motor, it was a bad timing cover gasket. chep fix, good luck.

Eric455
06-09-2002, 12:11 AM
I'VE HEARD AND EXPERIENCED THAT AFTER MARKER CAM, GET WATER IN THE OIL, I HAD THAT SAME PROBLEM AT HAVASUE THIS MEMORIAL WEEKEND, CHANGED THE OIL AND IT WAS FINE AFTER THAT. BUT AND AFTER MARKET CAM WILL DO THAT GOOD LUCK.