PDA

View Full Version : No Justice.

OGShocker
10-10-2007, 05:43 AM
On October 3, 2003 the San Gabriel Police Department arrested my secretary/bookkeeper for fraud/embezzlement. The arrest came after a month long investigation by myself, my accountants and investigators from SGPD.
After repeated attempts by us over four years to get the DA to file charges, the Alhambra offices of the LACDA allowed the case to die through statute of limitation.
We filed a civil action against this woman in Pasadena. The case was won and she was ordered to repay the monies she stole from our firm. The Judge in our civil suit stated, "I know, in my heart, you were damaged to a greater extent than you were able to prove here today". This woman destroyed seven years of records which would have given us this additional proof.
The DA in charge of our case, insisted the SGPD go to the home of this thief and ask her to admit to each and every fraudulent transaction in writing, before they would file the case. WTF??? We had all the proof in the world (less that stated above). We have the tape of her post arrest interview where she admitted her crimes. We had the standard letter of apology to me (yet one more admission) and we have the paper trail.
Is it standard operating procedure for the DA to demand all criminals detail their crimes in writing prior to arraignment? Steve Cooley and his bunch of halfwit lawyers can't get convictions on people like Specter (http://www.courttv.com/trials/spector/) and Blake (http://www.courttv.com/trials/blake/) so, I guess I have answered my own question.
Remember this name when looking for office staff,
Georgina Lopez of Rialto, CA. She was found liable for fraud and embezzlement in a California Civil Court and turned loose by Steve Cooley.
Rant off.

YeLLowBoaT
10-10-2007, 05:47 AM
sounds like its time to call the local news station... I'm pretty sure they would be very intrested in this.

hoolign
10-10-2007, 06:25 AM
Un freakin real! I hope you get some resolve!:mad: ~

atomickitn
10-10-2007, 07:14 AM
you know there are bad people out there who can ......perform magic and make things/people disappear ......

hoolign
10-10-2007, 07:19 AM
you know there are bad people out there who can ......perform magic and make things/people disappear ......
and the convienient thing is..if one were to chose that route..the "conspiricy to commit" investigation would bring new peeps to the board:D :D

Tom Brown
10-10-2007, 07:28 AM
I've been involved in a few of these cases up here in Canada and they never end. That's weird that they wouldn't prosecute, though.
In one case, a forensic accountant from the RCMP was able to determine a certain individual embezelled $220K from a group and estimated the real number to be approximately $350K. In court, the defendant was found guilty and sentenced to pay $100 per month until it is paid off.
Outraged, the group on the prosecution side asked their lawyer why the judge let the defendant off so easily. The lawyer told them they could take the $100 per month or they could take the $0 per month they will get after the defendant quit his job.
Basically, he told them these cases pretty much always involve an addiction of some kind. The embezellment is done to fulfill the need for the addiction (ie: gambling, drugs, etc.).
Apparently, the people doing it don't always feel they're stealing. Often, they need some money so they borrow some, thinking they will pay it back once their luck turns around. Of course, before long they are in so far they can never return.
Embezellment sucks, Mark. Up here, it's way more common than most realize.
Look on the bright side. Maybe she'll become so constipated that she'll die from a ruptured colon.

rrrr
10-10-2007, 08:16 AM
In 2003 we had a bookkeeper that stole around $50K by forging checks signatures. She was charged with 27 counts of bank fraud, and got a deal to plead guilty to one count.
The #@+)&%* judge gave her 1 month in the Federal lockup, 5 months home confinnment, and 5 years probation. She was supposed to pay $750 a month restitution. So far I've received $1200, that was from a captured tax refund.
It's funny this thread came up, earlier this morning I got out the paperwork on her because I'm going to file a civill lawsuit against her. I won't get any money, but her credit will be shot for the rest of her life. It's the only recoaurse I have. :mad:

hoolign
10-10-2007, 08:22 AM
In 2003 we had a bookkeeper that stole around $50K by forging checks signatures. She was charged with 27 counts of bank fraud, and got a deal to plead guilty to one count.
The #@+)&%* judge gave her 1 month in the Federal lockup, 5 months home confinnment, and 5 years probation. She was supposed to pay $750 a month restitution. So far I've received $1200, that was from a captured tax refund.
It's funny this thread came up, earlier this morning I got out the paperwork on her because I'm going to file a civill lawsuit against her. I won't get any money, but her credit will be shot for the rest of her life. It's the only recoaurse I have. :mad:
You could hook her up with ratso and get closure knowing she's getting her ass pounded off:D

Miss Perfect
10-10-2007, 08:23 AM
AT my company there was a girl that stole over 250k by forging signatures. She was arrested and found guilty. She spent less then 6 months in jail and is now ordered to pay back $200/month.... and she is constantly going back to court to try to get that amount lowered. The whole thing is a freaking joke. :mad:

IMPATIENT 1
10-10-2007, 08:25 AM
sounds like its time to call the local news station... I'm pretty sure they would be very intrested in this.
ding ding ding!!! do it, make the biatch pay!

dale459us
10-10-2007, 08:31 AM
The laws are made to protect the quilty...:mad:

HokeySon
10-10-2007, 08:39 AM
I like the idea of sending her to Mr. Ratso. But, if you want your pound of flesh, and the chance to get her in jail, start exercising your rights as a judgment creditor. Lien up on anything and everything, send her interrogatories, take a judgment debtor exam (there is nothing quite like telling someone to empty their pockets and take off their watch, then having a judge give it all to you). If she doesn't fulfill her duties, bring her up on contempt; contempt = jail time.
While I agree that she should have been prosecuted. Look at the brightside: you can now be in control of her life as a judgment creditor. You can do this all yourself, but it is much better to use an attorney who is experience in debtor / creditor law.

Jyruiz
10-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Sorry to hear Mark. Our judicial system is so F'd up, from every angle too.

Ziggy
10-10-2007, 09:04 AM
That bites Mark:mad: .....getting caught red handed doesn't mean shit anymore. :rolleyes: :(

rrrr
10-10-2007, 09:29 AM
You could hook her up with ratso and get closure knowing she's getting her ass pounded off:D
:D
I forgot to mention that she used some of the money to get her daughter a boob job on her 18th birthday......I shoulda gone to court and demanded visitation rights on those titties. :D :D

RUCAV
10-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Sounds like another example of a DA not wanting damage their conviction record so they can get a high paying job on the defense side. I think people would be amazed of the lack of justice that goes on in our justice system.
Example, person on parole for fraud, forgery, grand theft etc, caught with 11 fresh felonies including felony evading, possession of a controlled substance, burglary etc. She got 2 years. Probably be out in 1. The DA dismissed 7 felony charges so she would plead to 4. They were slam dunks. Great wits, the pursuit was on tv, tons of evidence, had the stolen property on her including some Meth.
I need a drink

hkunz
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
We were taken for over $50k earlier this year, and now we've been advised not to even file charges, it will cost us more than we will get back. On the up side, we hold a note on each of the weasel's homes. Now, if only they were worth enough for us to foreclose and get something.

OCMerrill
10-10-2007, 01:23 PM
I worked at a place where one of the employees used the check machine to print out about $10k worth of checks. He cashed about $5k and got caught trying to cash one. He gave the rest of the checks back. The DA never prosecuted him for a thing. He did end up paying back the entire amount on his own, under the threat of turning up missing and never being found.
One of my employees jacked one of my trucks out of the yard for the weekend with out me knowing. Cleaned out a bunch of tools and had it back the next day. When Monday came he tried to play it off like they were stolen over the weekend.
A week later the stupid Fuk bragged to one of my guys about a what if and how easy it would be...yada yada and I was informed. Next day at the yard I took a crowbar to the trunk of his car while he was out on a job. Some of my tools were in there so I removed them.
Told him how easy it would be for just anyone to break into his trunk. Told him I found some of my tools today. Called the PD and they refused to help me locate the rest at his house. Civil matter the DA said. Of course I could never say I found some in his trunk but the dickhead was sure worried about it.
That was his last day. I never chased litigation because what would I get out of it?
Being an employer has it moments.

thatguy
10-10-2007, 01:34 PM
You are way misguided if you think that magicians = bad people. In this fu(ked up judicial system of ours someone should level the playing field. The "bad people" were the ones that instigated the problem in the first place.
"under the threat of turning up missing and never being found."
Our judicial system is a joke. If you want justice you gotta get it yourself. Why do you think our prisons are so over crowded? It's because none of the sh*tpiles of society fear the "or else".
Anybody wanna kill a burgler, rapist, robber, I don't give a rat's ass if the neighbor threw litter on your property. Go ahead do, if I'm on the jury, It's not guilty!
Rio
Dexter

HokeySon
10-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Folks:
I love chasing debtors, especially judgment debtors. If you are owed money or have a judgment drop me a line -- Even if you think that it is not worth it. If the documents and debts are clean, I will take it on contingency. no recovery -- no fee. My percentage is usually 45% -- which may seem high, but half of something is better than all of nothing. Also, there are other attorneys that do this work on contingency, so don't just give up on what you are owed.
Sorry if anyone is offended by the solicitation.

OGShocker
10-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the replies.!.
I am in NO WAY asking for Penn and Teller to make an appearance! The quiet one (Teller) freaks me out. I am and shall remain a KARMA person. Wishing her harm will only bring a darkness into my family I do not need nor want.
Georgina Lopez of Rialto, California, hammered us for a lot of money, over 13 years. This in itself might warrant a little "hocus pocus" but, she has three children who look at her with disgust everyday. That in itself is MAGIC enough for me!
Mark

OGShocker
10-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Folks:
I love chasing debtors, especially judgment debtors. If you are owed money or have a judgment drop me a line -- Even if you think that it is not worth it. If the documents and debts are clean, I will take it on contingency. no recovery -- no fee. My percentage is usually 45% -- which may seem high, but half of something is better than all of nothing. Also, there are other attorneys that do this work on contingency, so don't just give up on what you are owed.
Sorry if anyone is offended by the solicitation.
I have a Biker for a Lawyer! :D
I am not offended and this is my thread. But let's not do it again....:D

OCMerrill
10-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Just out of curiousity, Mark, because you seem like a pretty intelligent guy, how in the hell did somebody steal from you for 13 years and you not find out about it? Maybe you have more money than God, but if somebody stole even $1000 from me, I'm pretty sure I'd notice. What were the circumstances that allowed her to remain so stealth for all those years?
Also curious? I am in the process of hiring a person with the same Job description as the one who dug your pockets.

OGShocker
10-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Just out of curiousity, Mark, because you seem like a pretty intelligent guy, how in the hell did somebody steal from you for 13 years and you not find out about it? Maybe you have more money than God, but if somebody stole even $1000 from me, I'm pretty sure I'd notice. What were the circumstances that allowed her to remain so stealth for all those years?
She worked for us for over 18 years. You have to trust those who work for you. Hindsight? I should have check every friggen detail. Now, I trust but, VERIFY!
Her MO? Credit card from the same Bank. Popped checks for those cards (ours and hers) about two weeks apart. Since I travel so much, I do not sign every check. Forged checks. Opened accounts using our Articles of Incorporation. Slid checks from customers into those accounts then cleaned the GL.
This woman and our family were like family to us. You know the old saying, "Nobody fukks you like family".
There is a member and that members brother who helped me in the beginning. He knows who he is and I thank them both for the help!
There is a lot more to this but I have exceeded my typing quota for the day...:D

OCMerrill
10-10-2007, 02:30 PM
What was your excuse for firing him?
I work for myself now, but I'm a pretty steady sub at one place. I was in there Monday and the boss asked me who I thought was stealing? I really didn't have a clue, but I suggested a couple people that I knew weren't. He then asked about a newer employee. I said "I don't know much about him, seems like an OK guy." So, I go in yesterday to do a few things and the "new guy" is gone. I said "Where's (so and so)?" They said "Jim fired him." Turns out that the guy was fired from two other sandcar builders for either stealing or suspicion of stealing. The boss even called one of these places for a reference. The owner said he wouldn't hire him, but didn't say why. The boss calls back yesterday to specifically ask about any theft problems and the owner says "Yeah, that's why I let him go." Hey, thanks for the heads up. :rolleyes: Our industry is pretty small and this guy has now worked for three pretty well known builders. It just doesn't make any sense that he's still getting employment in our industry. :???:
During me confronting him there was a verbal altercation. Once an employee raises his/her voice to an employer (evidenced by other employees) he can easily be fired. He actually went to the EDD for benefits and that is what I told them. He was denied benefits.
He stole from me and although I would not easily Penn and Teller the guy either, I will if pushed into a corner though. My small kids prevent me from becoming a major vengeful ass at will.:D
All this Mexican worker talk...This employee was Caucasian. I have hired 7 white, 4 Mexicans, one Filipino, one jacanno(sp?), and a couple other unknowns over the past 7 years.
All 7 White guys were fired. No shows, constant lates, tickets, problems abound, stealing. Amazing to me. Pay scale was $20 hr and up. I am a General Contractor that does only repair work in HOA's. How hard can it be? I have trucks and all tools.:confused:
I liked the one man band deal. Trust me. Problem is work stacks up I need something to take care of me when I am old.:D

OGShocker
10-10-2007, 02:33 PM
During me confronting him there was a verbal altercation. Once an employee raises his/her voice to an employer (evidenced by other employees) he can easily be fired. He actually went to the EDD for benefits and that is what I told them. He was denied benefits.
He stole from me and although I would not easily Penn and Teller the guy either, I will if pushed into a corner though. My small kids prevent me from becoming a major vengeful ass at will.:D
All this Mexican worker talk...This employee was Caucasian. I have hired 7 white, 4 Mexicans, one Filipino, one jacanno(sp?), and a couple other unknowns over the past 7 years.
All 7 White guys were fired. No shows, constant lates, tickets, problems abound, stealing. Amazing to me. Pay scale was $20 hr and up. I am a General Contractor that does only repair work in HOA's. How hard can it be? I have trucks and all tools.:confused:
I liked the one man band deal. Trust me. Problem is work stacks up I need something to take care of me when I am old.:D
You need to hire a CauMexiAfroPino! They ROCK!!!

OCMerrill
10-10-2007, 02:42 PM
You need to hire a CauMexiAfroPino! They ROCK!!!
LAMO!:D :D :D