PDA

View Full Version : << More Havasu Violence >>

Not So Fast
10-10-2007, 02:02 PM
As we were coming home from Albersons this after noon abput 1 pm they reported on the radio that at 1700 So. PaloVerde there was a report ofa young man running aound yelling at people. The police responded to find him out of control so they tased (sp) him and he had to be air lifted out?? In the ensuing investigation they noticed a door kicked in to the residence and inside there was a body of a young man that was dead. They were waiting for a search warrant,so the radio said,to enter the property and as we drove by they had the area taped off with a crime scene unit already there.
Justa thought but why would they have to wait for a seach warrant if they suspected this young man was dead inside the residence?
Any way thats what the radio reported. :( :( NSF

BoatPI
10-10-2007, 02:06 PM
The police can go inside under exigent circumstances such as this, search for survivors, then depart after this search. They must obtain a search warrant to re-enter the location as it is a crime scene and no person is in immediate danger, etc.

squirt'nmyload
10-10-2007, 02:08 PM
damn tweakers!!!!!!!! :D
sad to hear about a guy found dead :(

Not So Fast
10-10-2007, 02:11 PM
I think they only don't need a warrant if they suspect somebody is in imminent danger. I don't think a dead guy qualifies.
But how did they determine this guy was dead?? or do you mean they could enter. establish death then have to go outside and wait for a warrant?? That seems f---ed up somehow:confused: NSF

mbrown2
10-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Yes, they can enter, make sure the guy's not alive, check for any other possible victims and once they establish that nobody needs immediate assistance and the guy ain't getting any deader, they need to leave and wait for a warrant. As I understand it.
That does not seem right....once they find a dead victim, I would assume they would consider it a crime scene....but I am no expert, only stay at the Holiday on occassion.

Kilrtoy
10-10-2007, 02:31 PM
That does not seem right....once they find a dead victim, I would assume they would consider it a crime scene....but I am no expert, only stay at the Holiday on occassion.
Im sure they checked the house once they did that they probably got a telephonic search warrant immediately

mbrown2
10-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Im sure they checked the house once they did that they probably got a telephonic search warrant immediately
That was exactly what I was thinking...called in the scene details and got approval for further search right there....but maybe they use smoke signals in Havasu to get their search warrants so it takes a while.

HokeySon
10-10-2007, 02:37 PM
SWBob and Boat PI have it right. It is not that big of a deal to wait for a warrant under these circumstances -- they have protected the scene and the evidence by your description. Really, the cops are just being cautious so as not to endanger any subsequent prosecution. Its the right thing for them to do.
Oh, and if they had found something that required their immediate attention on the exigent search, they wouldn't need to wait for a warrant and I doubt they would have.
edit Kilr and mbrown are right too.

AZJD
10-10-2007, 02:51 PM
damn tweakers!!!!!!!! :D
sad to hear about a guy found dead :(
Beat me to it.....

OnlyMoney
10-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Wow, this totally sucks. Glad it wasn't NPV like I thought it said when I first read it. I would have been REALLY freaked out to go there tomorrow. :(
Then again, that thread with the tarantulas already has me scared.
God speed to the young man.

Flyinbowtie
10-10-2007, 03:24 PM
As we were coming home from Albersons this after noon abput 1 pm they reported on the radio that at 1700 So. PaloVerde there was a report ofa young man running aound yelling at people. The police responded to find him out of control so they tased (sp) him and he had to be air lifted out?? In the ensuing investigation they noticed a door kicked in to the residence and inside there was a body of a young man that was dead. They were waiting for a search warrant,so the radio said,to enter the property and as we drove by they had the area taped off with a crime scene unit already there.
Justa thought but why would they have to wait for a seach warrant if they suspected this young man was dead inside the residence?
Everyone here is giving ya good info, NSF.
You can enter a homicide scene to assist/aid potential victims, check for suspect still on premises. Ya can't look where a suspect won't fit, like in a drawer or stash can. Quick search of rooms, closets, etc, then leave and secure the scene.
There was case law out of Az. a few years back that required a search warrant if the crime scene is also the suspects' house. In the typical SNAFU
at a 187 scene, we never know who lives where until way down the road, so we get a "Mincey Warrant", which is the guy who brought his case the the AZ court and had it overturned. It is a search warrant for the scene of a homicide, but earned the name based on Mr. Mincey legal eagles
Meth is going to go down as the Black Death of the modern era.

LAPII
10-11-2007, 01:05 AM
Big City expert? ;)

KahunaJuice
10-11-2007, 03:41 AM
:( :( :(

Ultracrazy
10-11-2007, 04:04 AM
Everyone here is giving ya good info, NSF.
You can enter a homicide scene to assist/aid potential victims, check for suspect still on premises. Ya can't look where a suspect won't fit, like in a drawer or stash can. Quick search of rooms, closets, etc, then leave and secure the scene.
There was case law out of Az. a few years back that required a search warrant if the crime scene is also the suspects' house. In the typical SNAFU
at a 187 scene, we never know who lives where until way down the road, so we get a "Mincey Warrant", which is the guy who brought his case the the AZ court and had it overturned. It is a search warrant for the scene of a homicide, but earned the name based on Mr. Mincey legal eagles
Meth is going to go down as the Black Death of the modern era.
Just another tid bit is that once your in the residence, you don't leave until the warrant is "served".

The Door Hanger
10-11-2007, 07:50 AM
First off I love the fact that you have a police radio. Then..... not olny do you have a radio but you also like to drive bye the scene for your own investigation. LMAO :)

Not So Fast
10-11-2007, 09:22 AM
First off I love the fact that you have a police radio. Then..... not olny do you have a radio but you also like to drive bye the scene for your own investigation. LMAO :)
FYI, it was on a local radio station that we listen to, not many choices here ya know and secondly the street it was happening on is the street we use to get home from Albertsons, is that a good enough explaination, ;) I would like to get a police scanner so that I can run to ALL OF THE CRIME SCENES & ACCIDENTS :D NSF

lakeluver
10-11-2007, 12:26 PM
The victim in this was my good friend Todd Chapman from Campbell boats....A great guy and a dear person to all...he'll be missed terribly...

Kilrtoy
10-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Big City expert? ;)
That would be
BCMC to you

DSW
10-11-2007, 12:47 PM
The victim in this was my good friend Todd Chapman from Campbell boats....A great guy and a dear person to all...he'll be missed terribly...
Sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and his family. What did he do at Campbells? Do you have more info about what happened?

lakeluver
10-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and his family. What did he do at Campbells? Do you have more info about what happened?
Todd was the Parts Manager there...almost 20 Yrs. with Bob and Gary. Damn near a fixture in the Havasu boating scene. I worked with him a while back when I first came back to town. He was a very giving person who would give just about the proverbial "shirt off his back".
Still trying to find out like all of us what happened. I wondered when I first heard the news, where was his roommate?...was the slime they apprehended his roommate?
I guess, more news to follow...A double whammy this week for me...:mad: :mad:

DSW
10-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Is Todd the really cool guy with the glasses who is always at the parts counter??!!!!:( Kinda tall? If so that sucks! He was a great guy! He helped me one more than one occasion! Do you have a pic of todd?

lakeluver
10-11-2007, 01:25 PM
That's him....

DSW
10-11-2007, 01:30 PM
That sucks! Please let us know when any services are so we can pay our respects. It was nice to go into campbells and have Todd remember who I was, and what boats I have and he was always helpful and knoledgable. He was a all around great guy. I only knew him as a business aquaintence, but I'm very sad to hear this news.

DSW
10-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Here is more info:
http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2007/10/11/news/doc470ef8a70b990333067476.txt
I hope this guy gets the death penalty. Looks like a POS tweeker...:mad:

The Door Hanger
10-11-2007, 09:19 PM
:D FYI, it was on a local radio station that we listen to, not many choices here ya know and secondly the street it was happening on is the street we use to get home from Albertsons, is that a good enough explaination, ;) I would like to get a police scanner so that I can run to ALL OF THE CRIME SCENES & ACCIDENTS :D NSF
When I was a kid my Grandpa had a police scanner. A call would come in and if it was near the house he was gone. My brother and I use to give him a hard time about it. Your report put me in a time warp back to 1983.:)

Not So Fast
10-12-2007, 11:23 AM
:D
When I was a kid my Grandpa had a police scanner. A call would come in and if it was near the house he was gone. My brother and I use to give him a hard time about it. Your report put me in a time warp back to 1983.:)
Yep, when retired they provide entertainment for sure but I dont have one, YET!:D NSF

lakeluver
10-13-2007, 06:52 AM
Just an update:
There's a list on the parts counter at Campbell for notification of funeral arrangements. Just put your name and phone # and they'll call you...They're pretty shook up over there....as you can imagine, it was a huge loss....