PDA

View Full Version : Raiders vs Chargers

CBadDad
10-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Playing .500 ball ain't gonna get you in the playoffs.
This is a big game for the Chargers.
They should be worried. Culpepper and the Raiders are starting to click.
Should be a good game.

Ziggy
10-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Yup.
But it is the Raiders...
I'm more concerned Turner will have sympathy for his old team instead of pouring it on..:idea:

socalmofo
10-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Starting to click? culpepper was great against the Dolphins....:rolleyes:

Fire Angler
10-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Remember the Chargers have Norv.............. Wow, that Guy is worthless as a Head ouch. :D

OSidePat
10-11-2007, 09:51 PM
[B]I SAID IT BEFORE AND i WILL SAY IT AGAIN F the Radiers/B]

Lavey5150
10-11-2007, 09:59 PM
[B]I SAID IT BEFORE AND i WILL SAY IT AGAIN F the Radiers/B]
Why "F" them, just beat them................
I'll be at the game to watch Norv collapse along w/ all the other season ticket holders's tickets who were sold to Raider fans...as expected........Commitment to Excellence.....It's RAIDERS BTW.....Not sure who the Radiers are? is that a French Soccer Team.......:)

RitcheyRch
10-12-2007, 03:44 AM
The Raiders SUCK

westair
10-12-2007, 04:47 AM
Starting to click is beating the Broncos 41-3, not manhandling the 0-5 Dolphins. :D
Beating the Broncos doesn't prove alot, their not much better than the Dolphins.

Cigalert
10-12-2007, 05:21 AM
First of all, I fart in the general direction of anything Raiders and Raider fans. However, Rhodes is coming off his suspension this week. If they can put up a decent running game combined with the week off for the recievers to gel with Crackpepper, I think they might have something special for the bolts. At any rate it's going to be a good game.
http://www.joblixxim.com/images/raiderssuck.jpg

phebus
10-12-2007, 05:24 AM
One thing nice about living in Havasu is not having to look at wanna be gangters running around in Raider gear (until the weekend when the out of towners come in). :mad:

dmontzsta
10-12-2007, 07:46 AM
Starting to click is beating the Broncos 41-3, not manhandling the 0-5 Dolphins. :D
The broncos are not exactly "great". :)
The Raiders are the better franchise over time. I like the Chargers too though. If the Raiders beat the Chargers, it will be a BIG upset this year. It could be the turning point for both teams really. It could give the Raiders lots of momentum.

Lavey5150
10-12-2007, 08:07 AM
First of all, I fart in the general direction of anything Raiders and Raider fans. However, Rhodes is coming off his suspension this week. If they can put up a decent running game combined with the week off for the recievers to gel with Crackpepper, I think they might have something special for the bolts. At any rate it's going to be a good game.
http://www.joblixxim.com/images/raiderssuck.jpg
Thanks for the info ESPN, being a Raider hater and all..................I before E except after C...:confused:

Not So Fast
10-12-2007, 08:32 AM
The broncos are not exactly "great". :)
The Raiders are the better franchise over time. I like the Chargers too though. If the Raiders beat the Chargers, it will be a BIG upset this year. It could be the turning point for both teams really. It could give the Raiders lots of momentum.
Fully agree, NSF Go BOLTS PS disagree with the better franchise dealio, they have been a dysfuntional bunch for quite a few years now and it's "what have you done lately" ya know, please dont bring up the Ring thing cause thats old news and been beat to death:D

dmontzsta
10-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Fully agree, NSF Go BOLTS PS disagree with the better franchise dealio, they have been a dysfuntional bunch for quite a few years now and it's "what have you done lately" ya know, please dont bring up the Ring thing cause thats old news and been beat to death:D
How else do you judge a franchise? besides championships, next would be trips to the super bowl, then playoffs, and it tiers down from there. :)

Not So Fast
10-12-2007, 09:21 AM
How else do you judge a franchise? besides championships, next would be trips to the super bowl, then playoffs, and it tiers down from there. :)
Dmontzsta: You have a point but if you look back thru time i think some of the very classic games of the AFL were Chargers VS Raiders and both were considered good franchises but that was then when you had guys like they both had. The past is pretty much just that, except if your an avid fan it dont matter. You are obviously a Raider fan just as I am a long long time Chargers fan so we are entitled, but the ole "we won the Big One" is getting thin. you are right on though, this is and should be a pivotal game for both teams:idea: NSF GO BOLTS.............. Just be glad your not a Cubs fan, ouch

dmontzsta
10-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Dmontzsta: You have a point but if you look back thru time i think some of the very classic games of the AFL were Chargers VS Raiders and both were considered good franchises but that was then when you had guys like they both had. The past is pretty much just that, except if your an avid fan it dont matter. You are obviously a Raider fan just as I am a long long time Chargers fan so we are entitled, but the ole "we won the Big One" is getting thin. you are right on though, this is and should be a pivotal game for both teams:idea: NSF GO BOLTS.............. Just be glad your not a Cubs fan, ouch
The Chargers are my second favorite team. It just SUCKS that the Raiders and Chargers are in the same division. :)

Ziggy
10-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Ever since the Raiders got trounced in the Superbowl by Tampa they have been a complete disaster....if not for the ineptness of the Jets that year, go back even further for any real competetive team fielded by he Raiders...
Al Davis has got to stop sticking his wart infested nose into the player personell and just rely on his annual new hires.
Lets see how this all shakes out this weekend, I'm hoping SD has finally got some continuity back in its swagger:)

Not So Fast
10-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Ever since the Raiders got trounced in the Superbowl by Tampa they have been a complete disaster....if not for the ineptness of the Jets that year, go back even further for any real competetive team fielded by he Raiders...
Al Davis has got to stop sticking his wart infested nose into the player personell and just rely on his annual new hires.
Lets see how this all shakes out this weekend, I'm hoping SD has finally got some continuity back in its swagger:)
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

CBadDad
10-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Is that the best you can do Zig???
I guess the Charger fans have to be pretty bummed at this point in the season. As where the Raider fans are pretty excited. One was suppose to be the elite of the AFC and the other was suppose to be a disaster. Looks like things have changed quite a bit over the last month.
This weekend is a big game for both teams.

Lavey5150
10-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Ever since the Raiders got trounced in the Superbowl by Tampa they have been a complete disaster....( Thanks for the update) if not for the ineptness of the Jets that year(Jets had nothing to do w/ our center going to TJ and missing his meds.....:idea: ), go back even further for any real competetive team fielded by he Raiders...
Al Davis has got to stop sticking his wart infested nose into the player personell and just rely on his annual new hires.( It's cauliflower from too much gin, and that claim is so fokking old, he is barely aware he owns part of the team...........)
Lets see how this all shakes out this weekend, I'm hoping SD has finally got some continuity back in its swagger:)(We'll see)
Any Sunday...........

Ziggy
10-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Is that the best you can do Zig???
I guess the Charger fans have to be pretty bummed at this point in the season. As where the Raider fans are pretty excited. One was suppose to be the elite of the AFC and the other was suppose to be a disaster. Looks like things have changed quite a bit over the last month.
This weekend is a big game for both teams.Best I can do???
Naw, personally I don't think things have changed all that much. Its all the other teams that have crawled under rocks. :D:D

Throttle
10-12-2007, 02:59 PM
One thing nice about living in Havasu is not having to look at wanna be gangters running around in Raider gear (until the weekend when the out of towners come in). :mad:
is that labor day or memorial day
fourth of july or spring break?

westair
10-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Give it time, you guys are just now getting graffiti.:D

Phat Matt
10-12-2007, 10:59 PM
ok.
I am faded right now.
One word
Culture shock.
took me a long time to not misspell that....lol
PHuck. :jawdrop:

Phat Matt
10-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Here is the run down of our night....
First started at Knuckles bar in the Hyatt. (where we are staying and the chesse soupl is the shiznit. :D
I am ****ed
then went to the zen den at the intercontinental.
great place.
Then went to 3
liked the music but felt WAY overdressed and we critiqued what was going on.
HaD A FEW DRINKS there then left.
Went back to the Zen Den because it was the shit and found out the prevoius place gave me the wrong credit card. :eek:
Had to go back and get my card.
Then went back to the Zen.
Awesome place.
Totally hooked up and will go back again.
Made it back to our hotel, did a shot, and the bartender hooked us up with shit to take back to the room.
Good night in all
I am ****ed up
And I still have drinks with me.
Who has my ****ing 9mm clip bitches????
:devil: :D :D :D :D :D :D

Phat Matt
10-12-2007, 11:11 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/128/320737505_6d93ddee3e.jpg

SandbarScot
10-13-2007, 06:32 AM
Tickets in hand....CAN'T WAIT!!!
Norv is our 12th man. They shoulda kept Marty. Oh well :D
Daunte's on fire. Rhodes is back. LT who?? Everything is lining up...
Go Raiders!!!

Not So Fast
10-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Tickets in hand....CAN'T WAIT!!!
Norv is our 12th man. They shoulda kept Marty. Oh well :D
Daunte's on fire. Rhodes is back. LT who?? Everything is lining up...
Go Raiders!!!
Your avatar fits perfect, FOR A RAIDER FAN, go figure;) NSF

SandbarScot
10-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Come have a beer with us. We tailgate in H3 right next to a porta potty and a light pole that sticks out into the lane. We usually have three awnings set up in a row right behind the light pole.
I will be with a huge group from my work...both Charger and Raider fans, but usually walk around a bit before game time. I'll look for you, but only met you once at Parker sandbar so little fuzzy but remember your name isn't actually Bob! go figure. Hopefully see you there tomorrow.:D

westair
10-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Raider guys get an early start cause they shut the beer off at half time when you come to town.

scooooter7
10-13-2007, 09:55 AM
I hope they both LOSE!! Or at least bust each other up.
Go Chiefs.

CBadDad
10-14-2007, 08:14 AM
It's Jon and my wife is Cindy. We remember meeting you and talking football. :D Just look for the biggest white F250 in H3. :D
BALLER!
This thread is awfully quite. I guess neither side is very confident.

707dog
10-14-2007, 09:32 AM
ID SAY IT WILL BE A HELLUVA GAME I DONT SEE US BLOWN THE BOLTS OUT BUT THANX TO NORV'S EXCELLENT COACHING SKILLS:D ...IT SHOULD BE PRETTY DAMN CLOSE TO A BLOWN OUT...LMAO NAA IT WILL BE A GOOD GAME...AND I GOT $$$ ON IT ANYONE FEELING FROGISH???
RAIDERS....RAIDERS

westair
10-14-2007, 09:45 AM
ID SAY IT WILL BE A HELLUVA GAME I DONT SEE US BLOWN THE BOLTS OUT BUT THANX TO NORV'S EXCELLENT COACHING SKILLS:D ...IT SHOULD BE PRETTY DAMN CLOSE TO A BLOWN OUT...LMAO NAA IT WILL BE A GOOD GAME...AND I GOT $$$ ON IT ANYONE FEELING FROGISH???
RAIDERS....RAIDERS
Please log back on here, say around 4:00 ...... CHARGERS!!

707dog
10-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Please log back on here, say around 4:00 ...... CHARGERS!!
YOU GOT IT!! I'M BRING MY WHIPPIN STICK WHEN I RETURN

mbrown2
10-14-2007, 10:22 AM
I am ****ed up
And I still have drinks with me.
Who has my ****ing 9mm clip bitches????
:devil: :D :D :D :D :D :D
LMAO...drunk posting is the best posting...:)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-14-2007, 10:49 AM
well what can I say but
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/raidersownedzi5.jpg

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-14-2007, 11:10 AM
it gets better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1KP4TnCrY4&mode=related&search=

TOBTEK
10-14-2007, 12:28 PM
7-0 chargers.....

TOBTEK
10-14-2007, 12:37 PM
wow.... I take that back, 14-0 Chargers...that was fast.

Redwing247
10-14-2007, 12:51 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/raidersownedzi5.jpg
GO Bolts............:D :D

Wet Dream
10-14-2007, 12:53 PM
You guys are acting like its a major feat to beat Oakland. :notam:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-14-2007, 01:06 PM
You guys are acting like its a major feat to beat Oakland. :notam:
dont hate because you cant go boating year round

Wet Dream
10-14-2007, 01:10 PM
dont hate because you go boating year round
You make absolutely ZERO sense. :rolleyes: Are you sure you know what you want to say? In reality, this has nothing to do with boating, its football.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-14-2007, 01:34 PM
You make absolutely ZERO sense. :rolleyes: Are you sure you know what you want to say? In reality, this has nothing to do with boating, its football.
what follow the bouncing ball

Wet Dream
10-14-2007, 01:55 PM
I have nothing against the Chargers, so its not a "hater" issue, if we can take that term back to the 90's. But, I wouldn't go carzy about beating the Raiders, of all teams. If it were New England, Indianapolis, Green Bay or even Dallas, then maybe you have a little more reason to get excited, but Oakland? Hell, you gotta win the game first. In case you haven't noticed, its a 7 point game with 30 minutes left to play.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-14-2007, 03:33 PM
I have nothing against the Chargers, so its not a "hater" issue, if we can take that term back to the 90's. But, I wouldn't go carzy about beating the Raiders, of all teams. If it were New England, Indianapolis, Green Bay or even Dallas, then maybe you have a little more reason to get excited, but Oakland? Hell, you gotta win the game first. In case you haven't noticed, its a 7 point game with 30 minutes left to play.
ok the game is over and now what :idea:

Wet Dream
10-14-2007, 03:53 PM
ok the game is over and now what :idea:
Well, do what you want. In regards to the game congrats to SD for the win, who is now 3/3. I wouldn't riot yet, nor would I dance in the streets yelling "We beat the Raiders".

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Well, do what you want. In regards to the game congrats to SD for the win, who is now 3/3. I wouldn't riot yet, nor would I dance in the streets yelling "We beat the Raiders".
well I understand you are on the east coast and things age not as good as what we have here on the west coast women included.
but it is just a little fun here between faider fans and CHARGRES FANS

Wet Dream
10-14-2007, 04:32 PM
well I understand you are on the east coast and things age not as good as what we have here on the west coast women included.
but it is just a little fun here between faider fans and CHARGRES FANS
Well, I'm glad we could have that conversation, it was well focused. :rolleyes:

westair
10-14-2007, 05:34 PM
They were in 1st place in our division, so is it ok to get a little excited!!

Mandelon
10-14-2007, 05:41 PM
I heard the Raiders don't play so well.....cuz they have that eyepatch thing going on. :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Well, I'm glad we could have that conversation, it was well focused. :rolleyes:
well I can see you are the old ----- any case have a good one

dmontzsta
10-14-2007, 05:52 PM
It was a good game IMO. The Raiders were closer than the score reflected. Either way it goes, the Raiders are an improved team now and I am happy watching them once again.

Not So Fast
10-14-2007, 06:59 PM
It was a good game IMO. The Raiders were closer than the score reflected. Either way it goes, the Raiders are an improved team now and I am happy watching them once again.
At one point they were close only because Rivers made a very bad read but the BOLTS outplayed them and our defense killed their running game, in fact their whole offense was shut down ALL DAY:eek: :D :D NSF

dmontzsta
10-14-2007, 07:54 PM
You're out of your mind. It should have been 42-7. The first TD was a gift. I'm still not sure who Rivers was throwing the ball to.
It wasn't close at all. I sat in that stadium and listened to the dead silence of the Raiders fans. They were starting to cheer offside penalties on our defense. Not close at all.
They almost scored that other one, but the chargers held them. It would have been 14 right there, then at the end it was close to another one. That is all woulda shoulda coulda though.
The Raiders beat themselves up again with penalties.
Good game, all I am saying is the Raiders are much improved from the last three years. They are definitely on the right track.

SandbarScot
10-15-2007, 05:07 AM
Sorry I didn't make it over to you Jon. We were on the opposite side.
I agree, the game was not close. I was very disappointed in the Raiders entire offense. This will cause a huge number of bandwagon fans in our area to sport those gay looking Charger flags on their mini-vans, although SD does not look like they have the ability to get by the Colts or Patriots - even on their best day.

Not So Fast
10-15-2007, 07:01 AM
They almost scored that other one, but the chargers held them. It would have been 14 right there, then at the end it was close to another one. That is all woulda shoulda coulda though.
The Raiders beat themselves up again with penalties.
Good game, all I am saying is the Raiders are much improved from the last three years. They are definitely on the right track.
Yes the Raiders are improved! But our defense was stellar yesterday and really looked like they could stop anyhting the Raiders tried, which they did.
What has happened to Rivers is beyond me, he just looks like a 1st year rookie but lets not forget he is a rookie, 2nd year rookie. Elway played badly for for his first three years too.
I think this is a very positive step for the Chargers to build on this year and oh yeah, this was 8 straight against the silver & black, thats pretty impressive. We really need to get a down field reciever, V.Jackson has hands of stone, thank God for A. Gates:D NSF

Not So Fast
10-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Craig Davis a big play downfield receiver, so is Malcolm Floyd. The Chargers need to start lining up more three receiver sets. They really miss Eric Parker as that possession receiver, although I'm not sure that he has better hands than Floyd.
Right on, I hear they are ready to give Floyd more time and Buster SHOULD get more time. I dont know if Sproles could work at recieving but its worth a shot cause when hes right he is electric, his problem is the 2 guys in front of him like LT & Burner:D as far as running the ball so put him in some pass plays JMHO though. DEFENSE WAS AWESOME TODAY, YOU CANT RUN ON US:D NSF

SHOTKALLIN
10-15-2007, 12:14 PM
I was at the game. It still hurts. But thats another story. I was VERY surprised to see LOTS of Charger fans at the game. Usually Raider fans out number the Charger fans at this game. Sometimes its 50-50. This year it was about 75-25. Now that being said....I still saw alot of drunken idiots with shaved heads and tatoos on their shaved heads. To my surprise they were lightning bolts tatoos. San Diego P.D. got busy with quite a few idiot Charger fans. Who Knew?:eek: