PDA

View Full Version : iTunes sucks

socalmoney
10-11-2007, 09:39 PM
I really don't know how anybody uses this piece of crap application. It sucks. The interface sucks, transferring music sucks, cover art sucks etc. I really don't know how so many lame computer users can use this thing.

DeltaSigBoater
10-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Agreed :D
Still sucks on a Mac!

OSidePat
10-11-2007, 09:53 PM
You guys must be tards its so fricking easy to use Itunes

socalmoney
10-11-2007, 10:40 PM
I am beginning to think only Tards can use it.

socalmoney
10-11-2007, 10:55 PM
I pointed the kids laptop to a share with all my music and it took 3 days for itunes to build the xml file. What a joke. Kids want my to update all the cover art on their ipods so they can use cover flow, itunes won't allow you to do that and if they do, it is not apparent to me.

HBjet
10-11-2007, 10:59 PM
itunes is easy
who care's about cover art when listening to music
anyone know how to keep playlists on appletv?:confused:

Slow What
10-11-2007, 11:20 PM
You need iTunes 7 and a 3rd gen Nano or 6th gen ipod vid for Cover Flow.
Who knows if you will be able to update software on the older ipods to use it.
But I'm a Tard , cause I'm one of those that thinks iTunes is easy :D

Seadog
10-12-2007, 05:22 AM
I'm an old fart and do not have any problems with itunes. Sounds like operator error or junk PC.

phebus
10-12-2007, 05:25 AM
If I can use iTunes, it must be user friendly. :D

RiverToysJas
10-12-2007, 06:14 AM
I have NO problem using iTunes.......
RTJas :D

Debbolas
10-12-2007, 06:17 AM
I need to start using Itunes. I use to use limewire, then my old laptop died (related incident?) I have a new iPod shuffle, so I will be using Itunes, soon, someday (ok, I'm kinda scared, maybe my kids can show me )
:D

SJP
10-12-2007, 06:35 AM
Are you getting an id10t error. :confused:

pw_Tony
10-12-2007, 06:39 AM
If I had to pick between Itunes and Napster, hands down Napster. It is way easier to use than POS Itunes.

gramps
10-12-2007, 06:56 AM
I need to start using Itunes. I use to use limewire, then my old laptop died (related incident?) I have a new iPod shuffle, so I will be using Itunes, soon, someday (ok, I'm kinda scared, maybe my kids can show me )
Hey Deb, I have been hearing a LOT of horror stories about limewire. Problem is it's peer to peer file sharing which "opens" your computer to anyone borrowing a song from you.

justfloatn
10-12-2007, 06:58 AM
Who cares if it works. My stock has doubled since April!!!!:D :D :D

INSman
10-12-2007, 07:09 AM
Who cares if it works. My stock has doubled since April!!!!:D :D :D
EXACTLY, and itunes works just fine for me and a couple of other 100 million users or whatever the number is :hammer2:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Ok--wtf is Cover Flow?

Quest4Fun
10-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Wow - we've never had a problem with Itunes. I thought it was idiot proof.:D

Debbolas
10-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Hey Deb, I have been hearing a LOT of horror stories about limewire. Problem is it's peer to peer file sharing which "opens" your computer to anyone borrowing a song from you.
I know....I heard tooo late and it killed my laptop that was a present from Matt for our 15th wedding anniversary:cry:
All it can do now is play music. We had to buy a "port thingy" to transfer all the pictures we took in the last 4 years. Otherwize we would have lost them.
Deb<------------needs a new pastie for her new laptop:D

Cigalert
10-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Ok--wtf is Cover Flow?
It's a pad. Cover corks work in a similar fashion also known as tampons. Hope this clears things up.

Racey
10-12-2007, 07:57 AM
I agree that iTunes sucks, for the average user i guess it's ok for syncing you iPod and listening to music, but for any semi advanced user that likes to customize his music selection iTunes has been so 'Dummied Down' that trying to do anything other than listen or sync is a joke.
Go to winamp pro with the Media Library iPod plugin (ml_iPod), not only is it way better, but you can also grab music off the ipod onto any other computer without iTunes telling you it is going to erase everything.

socalmoney
10-12-2007, 08:10 AM
I have an extremely extensive music collection and itunes does not handle it well. I am not going out on a limb when I say I am a very advanced computer user as well as my peers. We all hate it. I will check out the winamp plug in.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-12-2007, 08:13 AM
It's a pad. Cover corks work in a similar fashion also known as tampons. Hope this clears things up.
Got it. Thanks. And by the way, your avatar- that was taken outside Cozmo's. Right?

socalmoney
10-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Ok--wtf is Cover Flow?
It where itunes displays the cover art. The covers flows left to right and visa versa. They have incorporated this feature into the new nano.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40962&stc=1&d=1192206013

mbrown2
10-12-2007, 08:56 AM
anyone know how to keep playlists on appletv?:confused:
I am interested in the answer to this question?

essexjet
10-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Now that I have an iphone I have no choice in using itunes. Activation, email, contacts, photos and calendar are all through itunes. :confused: Sucks

OCMerrill
10-12-2007, 09:40 AM
The cover flow looks cool. Would not do much for me as I only use the thing plugged into the truck or boat head unit. I am not going to stare at that little focker while driving.
I think the latest version of iTunes is easier for me (the novice user)than maybe even one year ago. So I consider the dumbed down version my version.
At least the freaking iTunes check boxes do something now.
Stupid Fruit.

socalmoney
10-12-2007, 01:23 PM
OK, so I am trying to add the cover art and in order to drag the art into the artwork window I have to be playing a track from the album. That is lame. You also can't select just one album and ask to fetch the artwork from itunes. It tries to get every cover missing and with as much music as I have it takes a couple of hours. I tried to sync it and itunes told me I couldn't because I have too much music. So I tried to sync the "recently added" figuring it would know I just added 2k tracks yesterday and it deleted all my tracks on my ipod. Great product Apple. Why it can not find ACDC Back In Black in the itunes store is beyond me. Oh I know why, it's because they don't sell it.

socalmoney
10-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Come to find out when you drag artwork into itunes, it embeds the cover into the MP3 file. I don't want that and nowhere could I find info that this is what happens.
This is exactly what I am talking about when I say this application is for the Lame. Most don't care to control this kind of thing but advanced users do. It really sucks that apple can't tell us about this. Assholes.