PDA

View Full Version : Cheap divorce in Arizona????????

Mrs. 20
10-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Hey everyone. I need some help (not for me though ;) ). My sister in law and brother are trying to split. They have three kids. They have no money. Does anyone have any advice? Do they need to use a lawyer? Is there somewhere you can file for cheap? Like a paralegal or something? :confused:

Not So Fast
10-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Sorry, no such thing as a "Cheap divorce";) NSF

Mrs. 20
10-12-2007, 08:28 AM
I know:D
That's what I am worried about. We need to at least find a lawyer for her that takes payments or something.

Jyruiz
10-12-2007, 08:29 AM
If they have no money now, they will have less after the divorce. Tell them to work it out, it will be better for everyone.

riverbound
10-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Im using a paralegal for mine. as long as they can agree on everyhting they can go that route. think in total mine is about $800-1000.
My Ex and I are very civil so it makes hings much easier. If they go the lawyer route, things will get VERY expensive.

Bre
10-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Im using a paralegal for mine. as long as they can agree on everyhting they can go that route. think in total mine is about $800-1000.
My Ex and I are very civil so it makes hings much easier. If they go the lawyer route, things will get VERY expensive.
Ditto here. Andy and I talked everything out before we sat down with one. Pretty much agreed on everything, and even if we didn't, one of us just gave in, not worth all the extra $ and BS to us. But if they can save the marriage then save it. I thought I had a bad marriage.... but it's worse now. I deal with more drama now then when I was with him. Divorce sucks, especially when there are kids involved. So if I had to do it all over again, I would have just worked out my problems instead of running from them.

Not So Fast
10-12-2007, 09:06 AM
I know:D
That's what I am worried about. We need to at least find a lawyer for her that takes payments or something.
Thats the problem right there, LAWYERS:( NSF

76ANTHONY
10-12-2007, 09:12 AM
awwwhahahaha, you said you where civil, had ta laugh, sorry bro:D

racecar.hotshoe
10-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Hey everyone. I need some help (not for me though ;) ). My sister in law and brother are trying to split. They have three kids. They have no money. Does anyone have any advice? Do they need to use a lawyer? Is there somewhere you can file for cheap? Like a paralegal or something? :confused:
It dont get no cheaper than this...:D
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/36387785_90df951905.jpg?v=0

AZJD
10-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Tell your brother it's cheaper to keep her.
Child support will run him $1000 or more per month.

USCFAN
10-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Best advice yet..

Rising Sun
10-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Your brother and sister-in-law need the services of a legal document preparer. If it is a non-contested divorce the court papers can be prepared and submitted for about $300.00 (the average that is charged in California). There are plenty of them around and I'm sure somebody knows of one. They can both go or one of them can have the papers drawn up.

3 daytona`s
10-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Ditto here. Andy and I talked everything out before we sat down with one. Pretty much agreed on everything, and even if we didn't, one of us just gave in, not worth all the extra $ and BS to us. But if they can save the marriage then save it. I thought I had a bad marriage.... but it's worse now. I deal with more drama now then when I was with him. Divorce sucks, especially when there are kids involved. So if I had to do it all over again, I would have just worked out my problems instead of running from them.
for you two? The children would be elated.Always Hope :idea: Good Luck

Bre
10-12-2007, 10:34 AM
for you two? The children would be elated.Always Hope :idea: Good Luck
Yes it is. He has found someone else that he is very happy with.
So the hope is gone. They are moving in together in June and most likely getting married soon after.

RitcheyRch
10-12-2007, 01:07 PM
I paid more than that for one child.

CBadDad
10-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Ain't that the truth....but I wouldn't go back with my ex for all of the tea in China. The kids and I are better off now....

DeltaSigBoater
10-12-2007, 01:58 PM
It dont get no cheaper than this...:D
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/36387785_90df951905.jpg?v=0
True I just don't feel like spending 25 years or the rest of my life in prison :eek:

OverKill
10-12-2007, 02:09 PM
True I just don't feel like spending 25 years or the rest of my life in prison :eek:
Well you would be in prison for the rest of your life if you stayed in an unhappy marriage.
OverKill

AZJD
10-12-2007, 02:10 PM
I paid more than that for one child.
Arizona is different than Cali. It is based on income and average # of days each parent spends with their child. I pay $420 per month and if they reassesed my income it would go up to $650. shhhhh:D
Depending on his income he will pay about 10-15% of his income.

Baja Big Dog
10-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Yep...cheapertakeepher......civil now, which I had a dime for every one that has said that.!!:(

squirt'nmyload
10-12-2007, 02:16 PM
saw a billboard for this place before ....pretty fukkin funny if ya ask me......http://www.divorcestore.com/
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/logo6.gif

OverKill
10-12-2007, 02:29 PM
saw a billboard for this place before ....pretty fukkin funny if ya ask me......http://www.divorcestore.com/
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/logo6.gif
And don't forget Brian, there with the BBB. So I guess after you get it in the ass you can complain to the BBB. Some how I don't see that working out very well

HokeySon
10-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Thats the problem right there, LAWYERS:( NSF
awe c'mon man! we are not all bad!
If it were me and I wanted to do it myself (which I think is a great idea by the way -- I think people ought to try to solve their own problems), I would run a search for a book on DIY divorces from NOLO Press. They are very good at explaining how to do things.
personally, I would never use a paralegal service. From what I have seen, they do not know what they are doing -- oh they know how to check the boxes, but they don't no why you should check one box instead of another. If I wanted a mechanic, I wouldn't hire the guy at the parts counter -- he may be ok but the odds are against it.
Here: check out this link: http://www.nolopress.com/resource.cfm/catID/BC93B1DE-97D2-44DB-87F20B0350BA0643/118/246/
Here is a better link:http://www.nolopress.com/article.cfm/ObjectID/04BA53EE-EABA-4D37-8C983B6759F68C02/catID/995EE405-21AA-4B4A-97CBABD905A37E1B/118/246/222/ART/

Jordy
10-12-2007, 02:42 PM
They used to have a kiosk down at the Superior Court building on Jefferson where you could get all the stuff for a "do-it-yourself" kind of divorce. You filled out all the paperwork, then I believe you still have to go in front of a judge to have it reviewed, espeically when minors are involved. Cuts out all the attorneys' fees though.

Wild Horses
10-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Here in Utah I did all my divorce papers on the internet and then filed them at my local County Court House, they charged me 25 bucks (175.00 total with court fees) for using their website and all of it's resourses. You can do the paper work and if you don't ever file it doesn't cost you a dime! :D

Ultracrazy
10-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Mine cost me about $1200 using a paralegal there in Havasu. Child support will not be over $1000. I make very good money and mine is about $775. IF you need my paralegal's name and address PM me and I'll get you the info.
How's work been Bre?
UC

cave
10-12-2007, 04:32 PM
http://www.legalzoom.com/legal-divorce/divorce-overview.html
Minor Children$299
Hopefully they can work it out but if they cant try legal zoom

ratso
10-12-2007, 05:00 PM
I have a few exes that have told me that...:confused: The grass might be greener, but it still has to be mowed...
It's strange because in a lot of cases it's usually the men that would go back, but once a woman loses that "lovin' feeling" it's almost always over for good...:(

RitcheyRch
10-12-2007, 05:26 PM
They based my support by income and percentage of time with child.
Arizona is different than Cali. It is based on income and average # of days each parent spends with their child. I pay $420 per month and if they reassesed my income it would go up to $650. shhhhh:D
Depending on his income he will pay about 10-15% of his income.

AZJD
10-12-2007, 05:51 PM
They based my support by income and percentage of time with child.
Baller!:D :D :D

RitcheyRch
10-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Could only wish :D
Baller!:D :D :D

3 daytona`s
10-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Yes it is. He has found someone else that he is very happy with.
So the hope is gone. They are moving in together in June and most likely getting married soon after.
For all involved,especially the girls:( Must move forward Hang in there

RitcheyRch
10-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Very true. Is tough when children are involved.
For all involved,especially the girls:( Must move forward Hang in there

3 daytona`s
10-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Very true. Is tough when children are involved.
I believe in our society is legacy :(

Mrs. 20
10-12-2007, 07:32 PM
http://www.legalzoom.com/legal-divorce/divorce-overview.html
Minor Children$299
Hopefully they can work it out but if they cant try legal zoom
Have you used this service?
I don't think they can work it out, as my brother has already done some "moving on". :idea: