PDA

View Full Version : Ann-Margret VS Jane Fonda

Not So Fast
10-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Guess she is more than just a pretty face! Nice story and I verified it with Snopes.
This is always good to read again...
Seeing that Jane Fonda is trying to put down our military AGAIN...
Ann-Margret does nothing but say thank you to all for what they are doing and have done for our country...
This is a true story.
Subject: Ann-Margret...........
Ann-Margret
This is a good counter balance story to the Jane Fonda Vietnam Woman Of The Year story.
-----------------------------
Ann-Margret
Viet Nam 1966
Richard, (my husband), never really talked a lot about his time in Viet Nam other than he had been shot by a sniper. However, he had a rather grainy, 8 x 10 black and white photo he had taken at a USO show of Ann Margaret with Bob Hope in the background that was one of his treasures.
A few years ago, Ann Margret was doing a book signing at a local bookstore. Richard wanted to see if he could get her to sign the treasured photo so he arrived at the bookstore at 12 o'clock for the 7:30 signing.
When I got there after work, the line went all the way around the bookstore, circled the parking lot and disappeared behind a parking garage. Before her appearance, bookstore employees announced that she would sign only her book and no memorabilia would be permitted.
Richard was disappointed, but wanted to show her the photo and let her know how much those shows meant to lonely GI's so far from home. Ann Margret came out looking as beautiful as ever and, as second in line, it was soon Richard's turn.
He presented the book for her signature and then took out the photo.
When he did, there were many shouts from the employees that she would not sign it. Richard said, "I understand. I just wanted her to see it."
She took one look at the photo, tears welled up in her eyes and she said, "This is one of my gentlemen from Viet Nam and I most certainly will sign his photo. I know what these men did for their country and I always have time for 'my gentlemen.'"
With that, she pulled Richard across the table and planted a big kiss on him. She then made quite a to-do about the bravery of the young men she met over the years, how much she admired them and how much she appreciated them. There weren't too many dry eyes among those close enough to hear. She then posed for pictures and acted as if he were the only one there.
Later at dinner, Richard was very quiet. When I asked if he'd like to talk about it, my big strong husband broke down in tears. "That's the first time anyone ever thanked me for my time in the Army," he said.
That night was a turning point for him. He walked a little straighter and, for the first time in years, was proud to have been a Vet. I'll never forget Ann Margret for her graciousness and how much that small act of kindness meant to my husband.
I now make it a point to say "Thank you" to every person I come across who served in our Armed Forces. Freedom does not come cheap and I am grateful for all those who have served their country.
If you'd like to pass on this story, feel free to do so.
Perhaps it will help others to become aware of how important it is to acknowledge the contribution our service people make.
Don't be too busy today...
Share this inspiring message with friends and family.
On behalf of those who DO appreciate all that you did for us, thank you to each of you who receive this message who have served or are serving our country in the armed services or any other service.
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS,
PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
It has removed 29391 spam emails to date.
Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!
Interesting and she is much hotter that Fonda ever was!!!!! NSF
Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.14.6/1061 - Release Date: 10/10/2007 8:43 AM

Wavemaker
10-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks for posting this article. Ann Margret is a very classy lady. I meet her a several years ago when a neighbor of mine was her mechanic for her Porsche. A few years ago while in Las Vegas, I was passing her home (in a secure community), and she was in her driveway. I stopped and said hello. She steeped over to my car and actually remembered meeting me at her mechanic's home. I didn't request an autograph or any other attention. Just a quick hello and quick few words about what we were doing while in Las Vegas and boating at Lake Mead, then a "it's good to see you again" and on my way. She still looks great.

gramps
10-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Classy lady. Too bad more hollyweird typs arn't more like her.

ratso
10-12-2007, 05:03 PM
That's awesome...:D

Flyinbowtie
10-12-2007, 06:59 PM
She is a class act in every sense of the word.
A rare beauty, something Hollywood has lost the ability to appreciate.

HavaPaul
10-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Was reading a book about fighter jocks in Nam. It was reported that Ann Margret was doing a USO show with Bob Hope and the crowd was going wild. She started to loosen her top and saw the reaction of the troops. She had such compassion for the boys that she gave them what they wanted.
She started to loosen her top and saw the reaction of the troops. Bob hope tried to stop her to no avail. What I read is that she did a full striptease on stage. All the while Bob was trying to cover her up and stop her. What a patriot. As for Hanoi Jane?.... You guys do know that when she was a guest of old uncle Ho in hanoi, she was allowed to speak to american prisoners that were being paraded in the street. She shook hands with them and received many notes that the prisoners had previously wrote ,in the chance that they would see another american. She felt so patriotic to the regime that she handed the notes to that bastard Ho.....Can you amagine?
Also read that an american special forces member was in Hanoi at the time posing as an american photographer and was able to get close to Jane. He reported what he saw and was trying to get the OK to assasinate her. It was declined. I think she will get hers in the end.

charlyox
10-13-2007, 07:41 AM
And Annie is still HOT!

SummerBreeze
10-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Does anyone remember the "Flinstone's" had a few shows with Ann Margret
They call her Ann Marg-Rock
She was hot as a cartoon too

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-14-2007, 07:58 AM
I love Jane Fonda's acting, but can't stand her politics. Plus, Anne-Margaret is STILL a hottie and while Fonda looks good for her age, I don't think I'd give her the same label. :D

ratso
10-14-2007, 08:20 AM
I love Jane Fonda's acting, but can't stand her politics. Plus, Anne-Margaret is STILL a hottie and while Fonda looks good for her age, I don't think I'd give her the same label. :D
I'd bang either one of them... in a heartbeat...:D

Baja Big Dog
10-14-2007, 08:23 AM
All of focking Janes talent is wasted by her actions, I lost too many friends to Viet Nam to even give that piece of crap the time of day, to compare her to people like Ann is shameless, she couldnt wash Ann's underware!!:mad:
Id love to see Ann, she ranks up there with Bob Hope for her support of the troops, regardless of her feelings about the war.:D

Troy McClure
10-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Was reading a book about fighter jocks in Nam. It was reported that Ann Margret was doing a USO show with Bob Hope and the crowd was going wild. She started to loosen her top and saw the reaction of the troops. She had such compassion for the boys that she gave them what they wanted.
She started to loosen her top and saw the reaction of the troops. Bob hope tried to stop her to no avail. What I read is that she did a full striptease on stage. All the while Bob was trying to cover her up and stop her. What a patriot. As for Hanoi Jane?.... You guys do know that when she was a guest of old uncle Ho in hanoi, she was allowed to speak to american prisoners that were being paraded in the street. She shook hands with them and received many notes that the prisoners had previously wrote ,in the chance that they would see another american. She felt so patriotic to the regime that she handed the notes to that bastard Ho.....Can you amagine?
Also read that an american special forces member was in Hanoi at the time posing as an american photographer and was able to get close to Jane. He reported what he saw and was trying to get the OK to assasinate her. It was declined. I think she will get hers in the end.
Although I'm no JF fan, that is actually not true.

HavaPaul
10-21-2007, 04:17 AM
Your correct Troy
Here is a webpage I found.
http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp