PDA

View Full Version : Mexican restaurants in Riverside?

clownpuncher
02-28-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm looking for a good mexi rest to take some friends to tonight in Riverside. We'll be staying at the Marriot near downtown there so the closer the better ( I plan on having a few cadillacs).
Any one?

CornWater
02-28-2006, 02:12 PM
There is a good restaurant at the Mission Inn..

UHHH SUCKA
02-28-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm looking for a good mexi rest to take some friends to tonight in Riverside. We'll be staying at the Marriot near downtown there so the closer the better ( I plan on having a few cadillacs).
Any one?
1. Templo Del Sol on University Ave.
2. Zacatecas Cafe on University Ave.
These 2 places are small and more kick back.
Or if you want to drive about 10 minutes to Don Jose on corner of La Sierra and Magnolia Ave. they have a really good food with a full bar.
Good Luck

UHHH SUCKA
02-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Forgot about that one. That is very close, and really nice.

clownpuncher
02-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. Sounds like Don Jose is in the lead so far :D

clownpuncher
02-28-2006, 02:27 PM
A Mexican place in the Mission Inn? That sounds good as well, although I'm more a a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy. Don't want to ruin a good shirt with tequila

jbtrailerjim
02-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Las Campanas inside the Mission Inn is great. I highly recommend it but it is outdoors and with the way the weather has been it might be closed. They do have outdoor heaters though.

BADASS38CHEVY
02-28-2006, 02:35 PM
A Mexican place in the Mission Inn? That sounds good as well, although I'm more a a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy. Don't want to ruin a good shirt with tequila
Do you want real mexican or el torito type food

essexjet
02-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Rowland if you want Spanish (Spain) food try Cafe Sevilla (http://www.cafesevilla.com/)

jbtrailerjim
02-28-2006, 02:37 PM
1. Templo Del Sol on University Ave.
2. Zacatecas Cafe on University Ave.
These 2 places are small and more kick back.
Or if you want to drive about 10 minutes to Don Jose on corner of La Sierra and Magnolia Ave. they have a really good food with a full bar.
Good Luck
Zacatecas is by far my favorite choice for authentic Mexican food. The only downer is the neighborhood isn't the greatest at night.

clownpuncher
02-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Rowland if you want Spanish (Spain) food try Cafe Sevilla (http://www.cafesevilla.com/)
Been there and it was good. I don't think my friends are ready for that just yet. A bit different than Mexican.
And yes, I'd like to not worry about crime happening in the joint ar the parking lot.
I'm thinking Don Joses is still in teh lead. From what I know, it's in a better part of town

little rowe boat
02-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Olivias mexican restaurant is the best mexican food in town, they are in the 9400 block of magnolia.The nearest cross street is van buren.

clownpuncher
02-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Olivias mexican restaurant is the best mexican food in town, they are in the 9400 block of magnolia.The nearest cross street is van buren.
Jeez, sounds like you know the area :)
Olivias sounds good. Do they have a full bar?
Thanks

little rowe boat
02-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Jeez, sounds like you know the area :)
Olivias sounds good. Do they have a full bar?
Thanks
No full bar,but they do serve drinks.

clownpuncher
02-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Thanks. For some reason I'm having a real craving for Cadillac Margi's and carnitas

little rowe boat
02-28-2006, 03:00 PM
The Mexican restaurant at the Mission Inn is also very good and you are walking distance from the Marriot.

UHHH SUCKA
02-28-2006, 03:09 PM
I think Don jose's will be your best bet. It's worth the 10 minute drive.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Is el Gato Gordo still open? It was on University almost to the 60 Freeway. Don't know if it's still there though, and don't know if it's still good. But it's closer that La Sierra area, but would probably take the same amount of time to get there, depending on which way the traffic was going.

little rowe boat
02-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Is el Gato Gordo still open? It was on University almost to the 60 Freeway. Don't know if it's still there though, and don't know if it's still good. But it's closer that La Sierra area, but would probably take the same amount of time to get there, depending on which way the traffic was going.
Long gone years ago.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Dang.

Phat Matt
02-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Zacatecas is by far my favorite choice for authentic Mexican food. The only downer is the neighborhood isn't the greatest at night.
I go there for breakfast when we have been drinking all night with some peeps from work. :D

Cole
02-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Dont forget Eltorito....tonight is taco tues and they have the BEST cad marg.
Were going to the one off Tyler tonight....its also karoke, my buddy thinks he can sing with a few mrgs in him!!! :crossx: always funny!!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-28-2006, 03:40 PM
BTW, anyone know of any good steakhouses in the Palm Desert area??
:crossx:

barbigrl
02-28-2006, 04:12 PM
Don't forget about Pepitos off Central Ave and Magnolia!! That is a full bar/Mexican resteraunt! Often they have live bands.

Captain Dan
02-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Ancho's on Hole Avenue, just north of the 91 east of La Sierra - awesome food with a full bar.

SoCalHD
02-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Ancho's on Hole Avenue, just north of the 91 east of La Sierra - awesome food with a full bar.
Anchos!!! I'll second that-they even make their own fresh tortillias :D

Captain Dan
02-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Anchos!!! I'll second that-they even make their own fresh tortillias :D
I love that place. You can even call and have your name put on the list for seating when they are busy...

clownpuncher
02-28-2006, 07:41 PM
BTW, anyone know of any good steakhouses in the Palm Desert area??
:crossx:
Ribs baby, ribs. :D

clownpuncher
02-28-2006, 07:42 PM
OK, it's gonna be Don Joses or El Torito. I'l be wearing a Paul Pfaff racing Engines T-shirt (cus that's what I happen to have on at the moment). If you're there let me buy you a Caddi :)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Ribs baby, ribs. :D
LOL. That's what I get for not going out there yet! Time for me to give my man the guilt trip so he'll take me on a trip!

Huckleberry
02-28-2006, 11:28 PM
I second Anchos!!! If you're gonna drive to Don Hoser's, you might as well go to Ancho's. Their beef fajitas are out of this world. Their caddilac margaritas are made from 100% hand squeezed lime juice, no bottled mix crap! One picture for you and your date and you're toasted.