View Full Version : More than $84 a barrel

Throttle
10-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Concerned that " supplies are not adequate to meet fourth quarter demands"
blah, blah, blah
crock of shiat! :idea:

RitcheyRch
10-12-2007, 02:08 PM
They use any excuse to raise the price of gas.

CA Stu
10-12-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't see a problem (http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=FSTEX)?
Thanks
CA Stu

KineticoH20
10-12-2007, 08:04 PM
I got the awnser....Mr Fusion

TCHB
10-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Fuel usage has changed less than 1/10 of a percent since the price increases over the past two years. The price will continue up as long as consumption stays strong.

Not So Fast
10-13-2007, 06:53 AM
I thought I saw the price at Sundance had gone up a dime in one day last nite?? $2.67 for 87 oct. and then the f---ing really begins, no more dime a grade price difference, now its more like $.30-.40-.50 cents more for the higher octanes:eek: NSF

hoolign
10-13-2007, 07:27 AM
I don't see a problem (http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=FSTEX)?
Thanks
CA Stu
Would have been a great buy feb 27th 2004!

adjones419
10-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Fuel usage has changed less than 1/10 of a percent since the price increases over the past two years. The price will continue up as long as consumption stays strong.
You got that right. They have us by the balls.

talkinghead
10-18-2007, 10:20 PM
I performed some simple analysis of crude prices vs. retail gas prices.
I plotted approx. 14 months worth of crude and average Cal. retail gas prices and compared the plots.
Overall, it looks like a pretty tight fit at first glance.
On Friday I am going to try and come up with a model in Excel that will predict gas prices based on crude prices on a given day - of course there is some lag time so it might be difficult.
One thing I seemed to notice in the data: The larger the change (in $$) over a short period of time in crude prices, the greater the lag time in price change for the retail market. So I would not expect the recent run up in crude oil prices to show up at the pumps for another month or so. On the other hand, the retail gas market seems to be in step with crude oil prices when the price of crude is relatively stable.

DUNDUN
10-18-2007, 10:24 PM
I heard on the news yesterday that it was at $90 a barrel.
Yikes

3 daytona`s
10-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Concerned that " supplies are not adequate to meet fourth quarter demands"
blah, blah, blah
crock of shiat! :idea:
Was watching a Money Line talk show this morning and first kick in the ass was all agreed economy not turn atound until 2012 YIKES!! then most agreed $5.00 gas is close one side of me says =are you nuts? The logical side of me says they have been slowly working their dependence into our lives and now have us.Natural gas? I could go for hours on that subject. We are screwed .I do feel if gas would go to $5.00 it would be a final nail in this coffin.I really am so tired of the political B.S. This country better think hard and careful who they want to run this train wreck in the future,as your life and childrens life,future is on a razor blade.The fat ass Senators and Congressmans have taken care of them self. Sorry for us I guess:(

hoolign
10-19-2007, 02:47 AM
Excellent! I got 3 job offerings for Overseas this week! :D :D

HocusPocus
10-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Some are predicting $100 a barrel by the end of the year, thats at least got to be $4.00 a gallon at the pump. Ouch!

dirty old man
10-19-2007, 06:57 AM
$90 this AM (Friday). And the stock market is down nearly 200 at 8 AM. The only thing in my portfolio doing any good are my oil stocks; Dutch Shell, Conoco, etc

SB
10-19-2007, 11:07 AM
I performed some simple analysis of crude prices vs. retail gas prices.
I plotted approx. 14 months worth of crude and average Cal. retail gas prices and compared the plots.
Overall, it looks like a pretty tight fit at first glance.
On Friday I am going to try and come up with a model in Excel that will predict gas prices based on crude prices on a given day - of course there is some lag time so it might be difficult.
One thing I seemed to notice in the data: The larger the change (in $$) over a short period of time in crude prices, the greater the lag time in price change for the retail market. So I would not expect the recent run up in crude oil prices to show up at the pumps for another month or so. On the other hand, the retail gas market seems to be in step with crude oil prices when the price of crude is relatively stable.
Not bad, please inform the Dems. that no hearings are necessary. :D
Prices quoted are in the spot market. Guys trying to guess what price will be in 90 days. When oil spikes like that, I'd like to see the US Sec of Energy and treasury stand on the floor and sell oil (futures).
Note that there is a delay between receiving crude and shipping gas.
Also note that the gas station owner has to guess what the price will be on his next delivery, and raise price enough to cover it.

burtandnancy2
10-19-2007, 11:19 AM
My closest gas station (Mobil) goes up twice a day, $3.339 this AM, and $3.369 this PM, and I know he doesn't get that many deliveries in a week...

Big Warlock
10-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Difficult to read as many of you seem to miss the real "facts."
Oil companies are one of the most diversified industries in America. How many oil companies? How many computer operating systems?
Percent profit of oil companies? Percemt profit of computer operating companies?
Investment of oil companies? Risk verses reward?
Why is oil so high? I don't know....maybe that Venezuela is run by a crazy fock that the movie stars, Cindy Sheehan and democratic wackos go see? Nigeria having a terrible time controling their people and affecting shipments. Oh yea, and Iran about to be a war zone right at the straight or Hormoz (sp?) where over 50% of oil supply comes from?
Basically, the speculators are looking for the shiat to hit the fan in 90 days!!
Also, no one seems to appreciate that although oil supplies have reached all time highs over the past two months, gasoline has NOT been back up to where it's high was. Why??? Supply and Demand. The economy is not doing very well at the moment. That is not a surprise to anyone. And people are not using as much oil products, including gasoline. OIL IS ONLY 33% OF THE COST OF GASOLINE!!!!! So doubling oil prices doesn't double the price at the pump!!! And taxes? They add an average of 80 cents to each gallon you purchase.
And many of you are wanting to jump all over the oil companies. Why not start one? As I have said before, I am sure your local bank will read you business plan and loan you the billions it will take because your going to screw the rest of the population and make billions more!!
Any takers? :eek:

BEER&WATER
10-19-2007, 11:36 AM
The Price Will Go Down
When They Start To Use Larger Barrels

WestTNRiverRat
10-19-2007, 11:45 AM
My closest gas station (Mobil) goes up twice a day, $3.339 this AM, and $3.369 this PM, and I know he doesn't get that many deliveries in a week...
Dayum...and here I sit bitchin' about $2.56/gal gas and $2.85/diesel.
You guys on the left coast are gettin' the shaft.

socalmoney
10-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Everyone thinks the Oil companies are just out to screw us. We pay the least amount of money for oil at the pump then most other nations and we use 25% of the supply. It won't be long until we are paying 5+ at the pump, not because Exxon wants more money but because we are running out of oil. You will see this in our lifetime. Some say it will happen in the next 10-15 years. That's not far off. What will the world be like when oil and water are scarce. The whole world wants to live like us. It just can not be supported.
http://peakoil.com/images/exxon.jpg

Big Warlock
10-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Everyone thinks the Oil companies are just out to screw us. We pay the least amount of money for oil at the pump then most other nations and we use 25% of the supply. It won't be long until we are paying 5+ at the pump, not because Exxon wants more money but because we are running out of oil. You will see this in our lifetime. Some say it will happen in the next 10-15 years. That's not far off. What will the world be like when oil and water are scarce. The whole world wants to live like us. It just can not be supported.
http://peakoil.com/images/exxon.jpg
We were supposed to run out of oil in the 70's. It didn't happen. There is plenty of oil. Enough for another 100 years even with projected increase in demand. There is an investment in exploration and technology that's required. We do get the cheapest refined oil products in the world. Problem is Americans hate everyone and everything. They hate the government, successful people, successful companies, etc. etc. That's when you get the FOCK THEM attitude. :jawdrop:

socalmoney
10-19-2007, 05:18 PM
We were supposed to run out of oil in the 70's. It didn't happen. There is plenty of oil. Enough for another 100 years even with projected increase in demand.
This is not what the experts are saying. We might have enough oil but it is going to be ever increasingly harder to get it. It won't be cheap anymore and with the demand increasing with developing nations, we won't be the only customers vying for it. I would like to know who says we have enough "cheap" oil for the next 100 years. Cheap being the operative word. If it isn't cheap, it is cost prohibitive to make all the goods we buy. When you look at how much oil is involved with producing all the crap we buy as consumers, it is kind of scary.
What is peak oil?
Peak oil theory states: that any finite resource, (including oil), will have a beginning, middle, and an end of production, and at some point it will reach a level of maximum output as seen in the graph to the left.
Oil production typically follows a bell shaped curve when charted on a graph, with the peak of production occurring when approximately half of the oil has been extracted. With some exceptions, this holds true for a single well, a whole field, an entire region, and presumably the world. The underlying reasons are many and beyond the scope of this primer, suffice to say that oil becomes more difficult and expensive to extract as a field ages past the mid-point of its life.
In the US for example, oil production grew steadily until 1970 and declined thereafter, regardless of market price or improved technologies.
In 1956 M. King Hubbert, a geologist for Shell Oil, predicted the peaking of US Oil production would occur in the late 1960's.
Although derided by most in the industry he was correct. He was the first to assert that oil discovery, and therefore production, would follow a bell shaped curve over its life. After his success in forecasting the US peak, this analysis became known as the Hubbert's Peak.
* The amount of oil discovered in the US has dropped since the late 1930s.
* 40 years later, US oil production had peaked, and has fallen ever since.
World discovery of oil peaked in the 1960s, and has declined since then. If the 40 year cycle seen in the US holds true for world oil production, that puts global peak oil production, right about now; after which oil becomes less available, and more expensive.
Today we consume around 4 times as much oil as we discover.
If we apply Hubbert's Peak to world oil production we estimate that approximately half of all oil that will be recovered, has been recovered, and oil production may reach a peak in the near future, or perhaps already has.

Kim Hanson
10-19-2007, 05:43 PM
:mad: it's all a game and we all take it year after year, all based on "speculations" by nerds on wall street, or what some politician thinks some pos country may or may not do.
BIG OIL RUNS AMERICA !!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
Oil has hit the all time high here, and the dollar also. $1.04 USD to get a Canadian buck now :cool: :cool: ..........( . )( . )..................

talkinghead
10-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Some comments Friday 10/19/2007 from T Boone Pickens:
"The 79-year-old former wildcatter, who now heads the Dallas-based hedge fund BP Capital Management LP, said Friday afternoon he has no doubt worldwide demand has topped the current global output of roughly 85 million barrels a day. As such, he said, prices have nowhere to go but up."
"Legendary Texas oilman T. Boone Pickens sees the price of oil hitting $100 a barrel perhaps as soon as the fourth quarter but certainly sometime next year, a consequence of daily global production reaching its peak."
Finally from the feds:
"The federal Government Accountability Office reported in March that most studies have found oil production will reach a peak sometime between now and 2040."

bigq
10-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Part of the price at the pump is taxes, that is part of the reason we don't pay more at the pump then other countries they have a lot more taxes at the pump. Diesel will be higher as long as oil per barrel is more since it takes more oil per gallon it just takes less to refine it.
the time has come to get off of oil based products as common place and move to reusable energy.

RitcheyRch
10-30-2007, 06:35 PM
$93 a barrel yesterday
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2007/10/30/2003385402

RitcheyRch
10-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Paid $3.19 for regular unleaded yesterday and $3.69 for diesel

Mandelon
10-30-2007, 07:00 PM
$3.51 today for diesel. :sqeyes:

77charger
10-30-2007, 07:43 PM
I think it will hit 100 a barrel.kinda crazy but in the spring time you can bet on 4.00+ a gallon gas for sure if it stays the same.
guess i made a good choice in buying a boat with a small block and an i/o.Right now it cost me about or close to what it cost me to go to the river as it did 11 years ago.78 chevy 4x4,hotel room,and jet boat gas milage.vs newer truck,camping out or free place to stay,and a boat that uses the same amount of gas in a whole weekend as my jet used in 1 day.but i really dont care if i get to use my boat that much anymore esp for weekend trips rather stay local and save.Just wont sell it grew up with a boat going to die with one

bigblockbill
10-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Ha Ha.... Just filled my tank up with some recycled french fry frier oil for nearly nothing :D

SB
10-31-2007, 10:57 AM
OPEC has agreed to increase output. Should calm things down a little bit.:)

ULTRA26 # 1
10-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Part of the price at the pump is taxes, that is part of the reason we don't pay more at the pump then other countries they have a lot more taxes at the pump. Diesel will be higher as long as oil per barrel is more since it takes more oil per gallon it just takes less to refine it.
the time has come to get off of oil based products as common place and move to reusable energy.
I'm in agreement with that.