PDA

View Full Version : Think this kid has a future?

Kindsvater Flat
10-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Kid Zepplin (http://www.clipaday.com/bands/kid-zeppelin)

DeltaSigBoater
10-12-2007, 09:35 PM
WOW :eek:
:D

27 Awesome cat
10-12-2007, 09:37 PM
That kid rocks........

thatguy
10-13-2007, 01:41 AM
Oh Hell Yes!!!!,
That kid is being raised correct!! Imagine once He's big enough to actually hold the guitar up! I wish I could shake his parents hands.
There may be hope for the future after all.
Tommy

thatguy
10-13-2007, 02:06 AM
Did you see this kid? He doesn't actually have the licks down, but his stage moves are great!! Once He is out of diapers He will be a seasoned Ax Man for sure!! :D
http://www.clipaday.com/bands/system-of-a-kid
Tommy

adjones419
10-13-2007, 07:13 AM
I wish I could do that!

riverroyal
10-13-2007, 08:19 AM
my 10 year old xmas present right there.He came home and played us message in a bottle yesterday.time to step it up.I HATE my neighbor,this is gonna be fun:D

socalmoney
10-13-2007, 08:48 AM
I heard him mess up a couple times. He won't go anywhere, being a rock star is about attitude, not talent.

thatguy
10-13-2007, 08:51 AM
I heard him mess up a couple times. He won't go anywhere, being a rock star is about attitude, not talent.
Like this kid?

socalmoney
10-13-2007, 09:00 AM
that had my wife and I cracking up. That is the attitude I was referring to.

Cheap Thrills
10-13-2007, 09:33 AM
`Awe Horseshit. I think he did an awesome job. So what if he missed a lick or two. Do you think Jimmy Page played it perfectly every time on stage ?
The kid definitely has talent and the stage art I'm sure will develop in time if he wants. Any kid that can play like that will have a future. Whether or not it's in the music industry is entirely up to him.
With that kind of focus and dedication He could be anything he wants to be.
I'm sure his future is bright.
Remember the first question? Think this kid has a future?
It didn't say anything about being a rock star ! ;)
T.

ROZ
10-13-2007, 09:36 AM
my 10 year old xmas present right there.He came home and played us message in a bottle yesterday.time to step it up.I HATE my neighbor,this is gonna be fun:D
Hate your neighbor? DRUM KIT! :D

riverroyal
10-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Hate your neighbor? DRUM KIT! :D
drums for xmas,,on the list:D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Not an easy guitar part to imitate, especially for a youngster with small hands. If this boy keeps practicing, he's going to be a good player. Hopefully his folks are wise enough to keep the volume low or make the kid use ear plugs. I did 17 years in the music business, and my hearing isn't what it should be.

socalmoney
10-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Not an easy guitar part to imitate, especially for a youngster with small hands. If this boy keeps practicing, he's going to be a good player. Hopefully his folks are wise enough to keep the volume low or make the kid use ear plugs. I did 17 years in the music business, and my hearing isn't what it should be.
It was easy for Led Zeppelin to imitate. They ripped off that song like they did with most of their other hits.

Mrs.Moose on the loose
10-13-2007, 07:03 PM
OMG that kid rocks, I pray his parents are going to help him move on.

thatguy
10-13-2007, 07:21 PM
It was easy for Led Zeppelin to imitate. They ripped off that song like they did with most of their other hits.
Actually, It is my understanding that that song is one of the few early numbers (pre-Houses) that was all original. I read in the book "Hammer of the Gods" that That came out of the campfire sessions in the black country. Headly Grange, if I am not mistaken. Which I could very well be!!
Tommy

Baja Big Dog
10-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Like this kid?
That kid looked like a little Joe Walch!!!!

ColeTR2
10-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Wow kid can play i'd like to show that to my little buddy Eric.

707dog
10-13-2007, 09:15 PM
seen this awhile back man the lil dude rocks...i sure would like to see more kids pick up a damn musical intrument than a fokin playstation controler...

thatguy
10-14-2007, 01:50 AM
seen this awhile back man the lil dude rocks...i sure would like to see more kids pick up a damn musical intrument than a fokin playstation controler...
BINGO!, We have a winner.
Tommy

thatguy
10-14-2007, 02:43 AM
Hey, Thanks for the PM and the clip! I will add it to my Zep memorabilia.
I take exception a little to the statements about them claiming authorship. That is a little mispoken. The fact is that Zepplin never listed proper crediting on their albums. Any further investigating quickly reveals proper authorship. Always has. And in the books I have read, they personally always told the influences, by song and author. In other words, they are not revealing any news that wasn't known at the time of the albums. The casual listner may find all this shocking, but it was known all along.
That is exactly why the critics always slammed them.
Why did they do it? Simple, Page was always known in music circles as "Led Wallet". He is openly known in the industry as the most greedy basturd ever. (besides the manager, Peter Grant) Zepplin was created by Page to be one thing, the most succesful COMERCIAL band ever. In that He succeeded. Grant and Page invented the modern concert pay system. The venues used to clean up, they changed that. Grant would take 90% of the gross and supply all the support.
Some authors did not mind, Zepplin did the covers better than every original in my book. The authors in some cases were happy for the exposure. Page was interested in money, and the fact that he is the master of the guitar helped his cause and made it possible.
Tommy