PDA

View Full Version : Pool Help Please

HPBoats83
10-13-2007, 07:52 AM
I have a large irrigated slope in my backyard with the pool right below it and recently the pipe broke and put a shitload of dirt in the pool. Is there a pool guy on the boards who wants to come to Corona to help me clean it out or do it. The filter is going to need to be cleaned I think because the little vacum isn't working right (it doesn't suck hard enough and goes to slow :) ). Please PM me or just reply on here.

BoatFloating
10-13-2007, 07:59 AM
I have a large irrigated slope in my backyard with the pool right below it and recently the pipe broke and put a shitload of dirt in the pool. Is there a pool guy on the boards who wants to come to Corona to help me clean it out or do it. The filter is going to need to be cleaned I think because the little vacum isn't working right (it doesn't suck hard enough and goes to slow :) ). Please PM me or just reply on here.
Get your filter running and it depends on how much dirt is in your pool but you might have to clean filter 2x. make sure you are getting good suction on your vacuum. It depends on how thick the dirt on the bottom is but it might clear it's self up too.

HPBoats83
10-13-2007, 08:00 AM
It's been 5 days and it hasn't settled enough for me to see the bottom of the pool (5'5" in the deep end)

BoatFloating
10-13-2007, 08:02 AM
It's been 5 days and it hasn't settled enough for me to see the bottom of the pool (5'5" in the deep end)
I think your filter is the problem then. Clean filter and run it and vacuum then clean filter again.

thatguy
10-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Do you have a powered sweep? The "tractor" that drives around on the bottom?
Try some flaculent (Clarifier). It coagulates the fine silt so the filter will get it. Home Depot.
Tommy

coolchange
10-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Dont bother trying to clean it through the filter. If you haave a way to send it to waste before the filter, pump it to the street. Or get a waste pump and do it that way. Go slow and make sure your vacuam head is adjusted high. Clean the filter and let it clear the water and let the heavy stuff settle out again. You'll lose several inches of water but this is the only way to go and should take aout a week to get back to normal.

HOOTER SLED-
10-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Maaaaaaaaan, it's not that hard. Do it yourself. I'm in Corona too. If you need some advice, I can come look at it. I do mine by myself. Matter of fact, I need to go do mine. :D

HPBoats83
10-13-2007, 09:09 AM
I just took the filter apart and hosed off most of the crap. Right now the biggest problem is I am getting a no flow on the controller and the vaccum stops moving. I think I am going to have to dive in and search for rocks and what not.

ROZ
10-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Dont bother trying to clean it through the filter. If you haave a way to send it to waste before the filter, pump it to the street. Or get a waste pump and do it that way. Go slow and make sure your vacuam head is adjusted high. Clean the filter and let it clear the water and let the heavy stuff settle out again. You'll lose several inches of water but this is the only way to go and should take aout a week to get back to normal.
Right on the money...
Cabanaboyfloating ! :D

AQUA-HOLICS
10-13-2007, 12:29 PM
DRAIN IT! It will be faster and cheaper. The pool could be back in service by this time tomorrow. If you try to vacuum the mud /dirt out by using the filter you will be cleaning the filter at least 6 times before the water ever clears up, the last cleaning must be a filter sanitize (soaking the grids/cartridges in a TSP solution). It will only cost you a few dollars to fill the pool back up with water. The most expensive part will be the start up chemicals, or the rental of o sub. pump. If you have any questions please call me @ (714 ) 469-9835, I also am in Corona. Before I started building pools I serviced them for 25 years. Ray.

boats&bars
10-13-2007, 02:28 PM
go rent a 2'' pump and drain it into the street.

HPBoats83
10-13-2007, 03:10 PM
I just cleaned the filter really good and started it back up. I'm going to let it run for a few hours and see if any progress is made.