PDA

View Full Version : alpine amp help

LAFD
02-28-2006, 03:26 PM
hopfully someone can help my amp shut down yesterday and its an alpine mrv f345 and the display keeps flashing "vlt". looked it up in the manual and it says to lower the power supply voltage. how the hell do you do that? anyone have this problem???

OutCole'd
02-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Please just wait a short time, and I'm sure someone who is MECP certified will be glad to help. :D

LAFD
02-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Please just wait a short time, and I'm sure someone who is MECP certified will be glad to help. :D
thanks... :)

Flashover
03-01-2006, 09:33 AM
hopfully someone can help my amp shut down yesterday and its an alpine mrv f345 and the display keeps flashing "vlt". looked it up in the manual and it says to lower the power supply voltage. how the hell do you do that? anyone have this problem???
I don't know of a way to actualy lower the power supply voltage. but maybe you should start by turning down the gain controls on the amp. Or check the input voltage and the voltage on the power wire to make sure that when you are at idle that it is seeing 14.4 volts. good luck.. :crossx:

LAFD
03-01-2006, 09:47 AM
I don't know of a way to actualy lower the power supply voltage. but maybe you should start by turning down the gain controls on the amp. Or check the input voltage and the voltage on the power wire to make sure that when you are at idle that it is seeing 14.4 volts. good luck.. :crossx:
thanks ill try that. i threw the volt meter on last night and it reads at ide 14.2 which is normal. but ill try adjusting the gain down. hopfully it will work.

phebus
03-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Are you sure it's not signaling a low voltage condition? That would make more sense.

LAFD
03-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Are you sure it's not signaling a low voltage condition? That would make more sense.
i dont think its low voltage cause at idle the voltage reads 14.2 and when im playin it the loswest it got was 13.2 and never had a problem. it turns on but the display that flashes on it says "vlt". i looked it up in the owners manual and it told me to adjust the power supply voltage and it should work.but i have no idea what that means.

LAFD
03-01-2006, 12:09 PM
I've never really used Alpine amps, but a voltage problem is usually low voltage not high voltage. Low voltage can be anything from a poor connection to a bad ground to a bad fuse holder. I'd have no idea how to go about lowering the power supply voltage, unless possibly you have a bad alternator that is overvoltage.
didnt think of trying a different fuse port. cause i have a distribution block so maybe one port it bad. will try that later.

ATLAS
03-01-2006, 02:29 PM
i had the same problem with my alpine amps so i called them and they told me that it was a problem that they were having with some amps so i bought a new one and is all good now

LAFD
03-01-2006, 03:37 PM
i had the same problem with my alpine amps so i called them and they told me that it was a problem that they were having with some amps so i bought a new one and is all good now
i hope that isnt the problem cause rozes last day is tomorrow.