PDA

View Full Version : smoked tailights

Havasubum
10-13-2007, 09:19 PM
anyone know of a place i can get the the lens done on my truck in OC? should i have it painted or tinted on?

HOOTER SLED-
10-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Uuum I think tint is the way to go.

GRUNION
10-14-2007, 06:41 AM
never seen anyone tint them everyone here has them painted with a candy black.

Cigalert
10-14-2007, 07:33 AM
never seen anyone tint them everyone here has them painted with a candy black.
Some guy on the this internet web thingy was saying he used a heat gun to shrink the tint to the lense and then finished it off with razor around the edges. The pics he linked up were pretty clean. Don't axe me for the link....I have no eye deer where I saw that ish.

riverbound
10-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Itried going the tint route years ago.....worked for a short period. pianting them is the way to go.

Cheap Thrills
10-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Why would you want to reduce the visibility of the area that's most likely to get hit ? :confused: :D
T.

Baja Big Dog
10-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Why would you want to reduce the visibility of the area that's most likely to get hit ? :confused: :D
T.
Its a Cali thing, you rednecks wouldnt understand, your used to using a pair of your ole ladies red granny panties when your tail light breaks!!!:D :D

riverracerx
10-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Try this:
VHT Nightshades paint
http://www.jusnesmodified.com/store/images/niteshades.jpg

Cheap Thrills
10-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Its a Cali thing, you rednecks wouldnt understand, your used to using a pair of your ole ladies red granny panties when your tail light breaks!!!:D :D
:D
Hell I want some strobe lights and a big STOP sign that pops out of the trunk just so the Blue Hairs and Leafers know I'm either slowing down or have stopped completely. :D
T.

Just foreplay
10-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Now that some funny chit there..!:D

Riomouse911
10-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Hmm shrunken tail lights, no reflectors, smoking the lenses.. and we wonder why our insurance rates are so high..

Baja Big Dog
10-14-2007, 10:25 AM
:D
Hell I want some strobe lights and a big STOP sign that pops out of the trunk just so the Blue Hairs and Leafers know I'm either slowing down or have stopped completely. :D
T.
They cant see the tail lights cause there busy tryin to get that fricken 8 track to play!!!:D

BadKachina
10-14-2007, 11:05 AM
I found this, now who wants to do this for me. I don't have this kind of time to f with my tail lights.........:idea:
http://www.corrado-club.ca/mods/tailtints.html

ULTRA26 # 1
10-14-2007, 11:08 AM
anyone know of a place i can get the the lens done on my truck in OC? should i have it painted or tinted on?
Depends on the shape of the lens.

OGShocker
10-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Color me red....neck.
You never did call me.:confused:

Tom Brown
10-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Take your lenses out and go over to RD's place with a flat of beer. Two hours later, there will be a thick film of smoke on those lenses and you'll be good to go.

MudPumper
10-16-2007, 09:08 AM
You guys do know it's illegal to have tinted tail light lenses in CA.:idea: Just warning you so you don't come here and bitch when you get a ticket for it.:D

Baja Big Dog
10-16-2007, 09:20 AM
You guys do know it's illegal to have tinted tail light lenses in CA.:idea: Just warning you so you don't come here and bitch when you get a ticket for it.:D
Yea, but we could sling crap about LEO"s and talk about them picking on us!!!!:eek: