PDA

View Full Version : Are your kids in public school???

boatsnblondes
10-15-2007, 08:09 AM
If so, I gotta ask, WHY?????
Read this....then tell me you still want to keep them in public school....mine will never see the inside of one.....
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58130

Havasu_Dreamin
10-15-2007, 08:10 AM
Doesn't your family own some private school deal down here in So. Cal?

carreraelite
10-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Welcome To Kaleeforneeya....

boatsnblondes
10-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Doesn't your family own some private school deal down here in So. Cal?
And your point would be???

carreraelite
10-15-2007, 08:13 AM
It Gives You A Reason Not To Like Public Schools...DUH....

Havasu_Dreamin
10-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Well, if your family makes money off of private schools you have a biased opinion agaisnt public schools to begin with because they are your 'competition'. Admittedly, we all know public schools are not exactly the best around so the word competition may not be entirely accurte. But then again, I'm a product of a public school system and I aint that messed up...It is not all the schools fault either. Parents are partly to blame for the problems in public schools because too many of them use it as a babysitter...

Bradman
10-15-2007, 08:23 AM
It is not all the schools fault either. Parents are partly to blame for the problems in public schools because too many of them use it as a babysitter...
Havasu Dreamin, this statement is so true.

thatguy
10-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Damn B&B, a little sensitive this morning? ;)
Tommy :)

Biglue
10-15-2007, 08:26 AM
So, how long before B&B derails this one too? LOL.

DCBDaytona
10-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Public Schools are just fine...Hell, I probably know many more F'ed up "Sheltered" Private Schools kids than F'ed up Public School kids. The problem is PARENTING.

RiverOtter
10-15-2007, 08:32 AM
No, mine are in private and I am paying out the wazoo. I can't wait till they are old enough for colledge. It will feel like getting a raise :D

boatsnblondes
10-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Well, if your family makes money off of private schools you have a biased opinion agaisnt public schools to begin with because they are your 'competition'. Admittedly, we all know public schools are not exactly the best around so the word competition may not be entirely accurte. But then again, I'm a product of a public school system and I aint that messed up...It is not all the schools fault either. Parents are partly to blame for the problems in public schools because too many of them use it as a babysitter...
I'm just saying, private schols or not, I would rather home school my kids than have them in a screwed up environment like this. I'm getting so tired of all this PC BS...and this is not the schools or the parents faults, gay rights lobbyists have forced this down our throats....boys can now use the girls bathrooms?? WTF???
Come on Lou, even you have to admit this is disgusting..

maxwedge
10-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Yee haw! Does this mean there will finally be paper towels in the mens crapper too? Those electric dryers suck. :D

Mr. C
10-15-2007, 08:45 AM
first it's the bathrooms,
then its the showers
I can hear it already,
Dad: Son how was school today?
Son: It was awsome.
Dad: Why, did you get to play football in PE?
Son: Yes, but that wasn't the best part, I got to shower with the girls.
school is so cool now, i wish i had PE for every period.:D

MKEELINE
10-15-2007, 08:46 AM
If they start pushing lesbianism in schools I'm going back.:D

pixilatedpussy
10-15-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm just saying, private schols or not, I would rather home school my kids than have them in a screwed up environment like this. I'm getting so tired of all this PC BS...and this is not the schools or the parents faults, gay rights lobbyists have forced this down our throats....boys can now use the girls bathrooms?? WTF???
Come on Lou, even you have to admit this is disgusting..
And....do you teach your kids sport fishing /blowjobs in home school?:confused: :D
I love our kids school....California Distinguished & Blue ribbon. Both of my boys are straight A students as well as club soccer players. Parents are responsible for how their children turn out. I think mine are doing just fine....& that because my husband & I work very hard at keeping them under control & working with them.
As for the bathroon statement...not a tru statement here at our childrens school.;)

mbrown2
10-15-2007, 09:11 AM
I don't have kids, so I don't have a dog in this fight....and I am fall on the conservative side of things....but did anyone else get the feeling that article was a little right wing biased and that the website was little christian propaganda site...

boatsnblondes
10-15-2007, 09:13 AM
And....do you teach your kids sport fishing /blowjobs in home school?:confused: :D
I love our kids school....California Distinguished & Blue ribbon. Both of my boys are straight A students as well as club soccer players. Parents are responsible for how their children turn out. I think mine are doing just fine....& that because my husband & I work very hard at keeping them under control & working with them.
As for the bathroon statement...not a tru statement here at our childrens school.;)
You need to go back and actually read the article...not a true statement NOW, but it's coming to your school thanks to our Governator. This has NOTHING to do with parents, NOTHING. Don't make this a thread about whether or not parents are doing a great job Pix, I'm absolutly sure you both are, this is about our Governor saying that Mom and Dad is insulting language to gays, so it is now banned from the classroom, and that boys are now allowed to use the girls side also....it's all about the focked up gay agenda succeeding in the Public school domain...please don't read this as a good/bad parents thread....thanks...

RiverToysJas
10-15-2007, 09:15 AM
I encourage people to read the bill itself.... (http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_777_bill_20070223_introduced.html) That was how it read in February, not sure if that's the final version signed by the Governator.
Though still an outrage IMO, it doesn't have the new media spin of the "news" article.
RTJas

OutCole'd
10-15-2007, 09:15 AM
I don't have kids, so I don't have a dog in this fight....and I am fall on the conservative side of things....but did anyone else get the feeling that article was a little right wing biased and that the website was little christian propaganda site...
Um ya......

RiverToysJas
10-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Here's the complete history of the bill.... (http://info.sen.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=sb_777&sess=CUR&house=B&site=sen) I have not read through it yet though....
RTJas

lalhc
10-15-2007, 09:25 AM
It is not all the schools fault either. Parents are partly to blame for the problems in public schools because too many of them use it as a babysitter...
Ding, ding, ding! The above statement is so true. As a parent w/two boys in public schools, I totally agree that parent involvement is so important. Both my parents never attended a 4 year college, but as a Mexican youth growing up in the 70's and 80's they pushed me to over exceed in school. I'm doing the same things w/my kids (13 & 9) now. Just this weekend my 13 year old son and I visited a local University so he can see what college campus life is about. Too many parents expect too much out of public schools, and most of the teachers are bogged down w/standardized testing and focusing on low students. I also think too many kids are starting school too young. My wife teaches kindergarten and half of her students are turning 5 years old this school year. Kids should be at least 5 years old by Oct 31 to start kindergarten - especially boys. Yes, there are problems in public schools, but it is the parents responsibility to make sure their kids are getting the most out of their education.

AirtimeLavey
10-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Public Schools are just fine...Hell, I probably know many more F'ed up "Sheltered" Private Schools kids than F'ed up Public School kids. The problem is PARENTING.
Yep. I've found this to be true in many, many cases. There are some outstanding public schools out there. Can't lump them all together and say they produce the same results. My kids are in public. Both are A students, and in GATE. Both are doing very well while also getting real life exposure to societal diversity, although they are in more "upscale" communities. It's significantly the parents that will make the difference. We're very involved and understand the impact of role-modeling. Kids learn what they live.

MKEELINE
10-15-2007, 09:27 AM
This is for public and PRIVATE schools.

thatguy
10-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Well, It IS B&B, after all. And from the sounds of his posts He's hankering for some aggressive debate. What up B ? Got some anger to get rid of? I'm here for ya' Bro!:D :D
Managed to get some gay rights thrown in to boot!
Actually, public schools can be good or bad. I think the whole parenting thing becomes more important as the quality of the school, and it's location, deteriorates. You will have to be more involved as the school and other kids sort of work against you.
Tommy

OCMerrill
10-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Most of our schools in South OC are fantastic schools. Saddleback and Capo strive hard to stay top of the list in CA.
Our kids attend public school. I attended a public school.
I wonder who attended the school of dumbass?

boatsnblondes
10-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Well, It IS B&B, after all. And from the sounds of his posts He's hankering for some aggressive debate. What up B ? Got some anger to get rid of? I'm here for ya' Bro!:D :D
Managed to get some gay rights thrown in to boot!
Actually, public schools can be good or bad. I think the whole parenting thing becomes more important as the quality of the school, and it's location, deteriorates. You will have to be more involved as the school and other kids sort of work against you.
Tommy
Again, everyone is jumping on the GOOD/BAD parents bandwagon, that is NOT what I intended for you guys to think about here....neither was it to be about good/bad on the public school system...I am just trying to figure out, in the face of this new bill, why ANY of you still would support a system like this if you could help it...my PS down the street here is a GREAT school, but if this is the environment that my kids would be subjected to, why would I put them in there?? Why would any of you???

pixilatedpussy
10-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Most of our schools in South OC are fantastic schools. Saddleback and Capo strive hard to stay top of the list in CA.
Our kids attend public school. I attended a public school.
I wonder who attended the school of dumbass?
I absolutely agree!;)

ChumpChange
10-15-2007, 10:08 AM
gay rights lobbyists have forced this down our throats
I don't know about others on this board but gay rights lobbyists haven't put anything down my throat. :220v: Keep what you do in your own time to yourself. :mad: :D

MKEELINE
10-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Again, I believe this bill pertains to BOTH public and private schools. Do you plan on home schooling?:eek:

OCMerrill
10-15-2007, 10:19 AM
My son just turned 8 last week, he's a 3rd grader, so he started K when he was 4. He reads at a 6th grade level. He just turned 8. What's your point again?
In our district the Cutoff is Dec 1. Turn 5 by then and you can go K. His B-day is Jan 15 so pre K one more year. So he will be an older kid all through school. Not by our choice though.
It amazes me how well the public thing is doing these days. May 8 year old daughter in the 3 rd grade also reads fluently at the top of the start test report. What grade level that was I don't remember. We are pleased so far.
They do this Star and Core testing so see how things are and the district keeps a close eye on things.
Much different than when I grew up.

thatguy
10-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Again, everyone is jumping on the GOOD/BAD parents bandwagon, that is NOT what I intended for you guys to think about here....neither was it to be about good/bad on the public school system...I am just trying to figure out, in the face of this new bill, why ANY of you still would support a system like this if you could help it...my PS down the street here is a GREAT school, but if this is the environment that my kids would be subjected to, why would I put them in there?? Why would any of you???
B, As you are so fond of saying, go back and re-read my post. I never said good or bad parenting.
I said the worse the environment, the more a parent(s) need to be involved.
Tommy
PS- How was your latest run? Haven't sen you here for a few days.

topless
10-15-2007, 10:32 AM
No, mine are in private and I am paying out the wazoo. I can't wait till they are old enough for colledge. It will feel like getting a raise :DMaybe they can teach you to spell.:idea: :D

thatguy
10-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Maybe they can teach you to spell.:idea: :D
BAM!!!

cdog
10-15-2007, 10:49 AM
The bills signed by Schwarzenegger include SB777, which bans anything in public schools that could be interpreted as negative toward homosexuality, bisexuality and other alternative lifestyle choices.
England told WND that the law is not a list of banned words, including "mom" and "dad." But she said the requirement is that the law bans discriminatory bias.
"Having 'mom' and 'dad' promotes a dicsriminatory bias. You have to either get rid of 'mom' and 'dad' or include everything when talking about [parental issues]," she said. "They [promoters of sexual alternative lifestyles] do consider that discriminatory."
Also signed was AB394, which targets parents and teachers for such indoctrination through "anti-harassment" training, CCF said.
Thomasson said it also forces every hospital in California – even private, religious hospitals – to adopt policies in support of transsexuality, bisexuality, and homosexuality and opens up nonprofit organizations to lawsuits if they exclude members that engage in homosexual, bisexual, or transsexual conduct.
Can't wait to hear "Dad what's a transgender mom"? From a 6 year old.:eek:

voodoomedman
10-15-2007, 10:49 AM
No, mine are in private and I am paying out the wazoo. I can't wait till they are old enough for colledge. It will feel like getting a raise :D
What the heck. Your not in Taxifornia. Are the schools not good in your county? I've been researching and Rutherford county looks to have some pretty good schools.

boatsnblondes
10-15-2007, 10:55 AM
The bills signed by Schwarzenegger include SB777, which bans anything in public schools that could be interpreted as negative toward homosexuality, bisexuality and other alternative lifestyle choices.
England told WND that the law is not a list of banned words, including "mom" and "dad." But she said the requirement is that the law bans discriminatory bias.
"Having 'mom' and 'dad' promotes a dicsriminatory bias. You have to either get rid of 'mom' and 'dad' or include everything when talking about [parental issues]," she said. "They [promoters of sexual alternative lifestyles] do consider that discriminatory."
Also signed was AB394, which targets parents and teachers for such indoctrination through "anti-harassment" training, CCF said.
Thomasson said it also forces every hospital in California – even private, religious hospitals – to adopt policies in support of transsexuality, bisexuality, and homosexuality and opens up nonprofit organizations to lawsuits if they exclude members that engage in homosexual, bisexual, or transsexual conduct.
Can't wait to hear "Dad what's a transgender mom"? From a 6 year old.:eek:
FINALLY!!!! Someone who understands what I am upset about....Tommy, I was not replying to you personally, but everyone here who is stuck on the whole "It's the parents" thing...

thatguy
10-15-2007, 11:12 AM
FINALLY!!!! Someone who understands what I am upset about....Tommy, I was not replying to you personally, but everyone here who is stuck on the whole "It's the parents" thing...
No problem. I can not believe Arnold signed this shit rag of a bill. I am with you on this one. Is this what is important in school today? Not hurting someones feelings? You gotta be sh*tting Me. Jesus, no wonder kids are so damned spoiled and whiny these days.
Wonder how much money is being thrown away on this kind of crap. Like we got nothing better to spend it on?
I am moving for sure.
Tommy

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Where are we going again? And why am I in this handbasket?
Honey, if you're reading this, hurry up on the house so we can move before I get fired!
Many of my students are in foster care, or live with grandparents/aunts/uncles etc, so I always try to be considerate and use the terms along with "guardians" and "whoever takes care of you" whenever I remember, but this whole idea of not wanting to hurt kids feelings (or adults for that matter) has just gotten completely out of hand. We are a nation of crybabies. I've gotta move to a red state.

cdog
10-15-2007, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE]QUOTE]
Well said, the liberals are hoping to invade the public school system so that they can push their own views on our children. Anything that disagrees with these views is interpreted as discriminatory.
Aside from liberals in California the CTA has done more than it's fair share of damage to our school system.
Indoctrination.:mad:
I'm out of here at the end of this month.:)
Anyone want to move to Phoenix, I'm your man.

RiverOtter
10-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Maybe they can teach you to spell.:idea: :D
That was my best John Belushi impersonation. :D
What the heck. Your not in Taxifornia. Are the schools not good in your county? I've been researching and Rutherford county looks to have some pretty good schools.
As a whole no.... but we do have some very good schools in out county. When my kids started school I lived in a bad district for public schools but in the best part of town. My kids were in private school for several years so I didn't want to pull them out when I moved to a very good district. Once you stay in the Ritz the Marriott doesn't look so good :D

Biglue
10-15-2007, 12:10 PM
B&B, like others have mentioned, I don't want to explain to my kids why their friend Billy has to dads. So yes I partially agree with this topic you posted.
People who live these types of lifestyles should keep it their business.
A bigger problem I have is the part about kids using either bathroom at school. WTF is that all about? If it's true, once little girls get harrassed in a restroom at school or worse due to boys being in the same restroom "conventional parents" law suits will make the gay parents discrimination suits seem like a waste of time. Near my house, there is a school that has kids from Kindergarden until the 8th grade. That's pretty scary if that part of the bill is true.

RiverToysJas
10-15-2007, 12:30 PM
...... but this whole idea of not wanting to hurt kids feelings (or adults for that matter) has just gotten completely out of hand. We are a nation of crybabies. I've gotta move to a red state.
Yep!!!
.....and it's a real shame for me, because our weather is great here most of the time....
RTJas :(

rodnjen
10-15-2007, 12:38 PM
The term "hyserical" comes to mind. That press release was the biggest bunch of B.S. I've read in a while.
There are problems with our public schools in some areas, but I assure you that the Govenors latest ink splash is the least of them.
As for the Liberals highjacking our children, please get grip.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-15-2007, 01:20 PM
[/B]
You need to go back and actually read the article...not a true statement NOW, but it's coming to your school thanks to our Governator. This has NOTHING to do with parents, NOTHING. Don't make this a thread about whether or not parents are doing a great job Pix, I'm absolutly sure you both are, this is about our Governor saying that Mom and Dad is insulting language to gays, so it is now banned from the classroom, and that boys are now allowed to use the girls side also....it's all about the focked up gay agenda succeeding in the Public school domain...please don't read this as a good/bad parents thread....thanks...
BnB,
I read the article. It was obviously written by someone with an agenda.
My Son went through the public school system here in Brea and he came out just fine. Turned out to be a quality upstanding citizen, which is all a parent can ask for.
Education starts at home, period. If you want to teach your children that gay people are the work of Satan, or anything else with regard to your religion or political views, IT IS YOUR JOB as a parent.
Here is a link to the text of SB777. Not quite how the article portrays it.
http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_777_bill_20070223_introduced.html
BnB, I suggest you read the text of the bill

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Yep!!!
.....and it's a real shame for me, because our weather is great here most of the time....
RTJas :(
Except for July, August and September. Some years I might add June and/or October to the list, just for fun :D

RiverToysJas
10-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Except for July, August and September. Some years I might add June and/or October to the list, just for fun :D
When I lived in Fullerton that was the case, but now, being ~4miles from the ocean, it keeps the temps very nice most of the time. ;)
RTJas :D

boatsnblondes
10-15-2007, 01:52 PM
BnB,
I read the article. It was obviously written by someone with an agenda.
My Son went through the public school system here in Brea and he came out just fine. Turned out to be a quality upstanding citizen, which is all a parent can ask for.
Education starts at home, period. If you want to teach your children that gay people are the work of Satan, or anything else with regard to your religion or political views, IT IS YOUR JOB as a parent.
Here is a link to the text of SB777. Not quite how the article portrays it.
http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_777_bill_20070223_introduced.html
BnB, I suggest you read the text of the bill
Thats not the bill, thats the original text of the bill, as it was originally submitted, as evidenced by all of the strikes on it. It's not even close to what he signed the other day....better wait till the post of the FINALIZED law comes out....Satan? fock you! Where are people wrong in wanting to shield thier kids from alternative lifestyles?? Since when is it acceptable for kids to use each others' restrooms?? You wanna make this out to be some sort of Christian wacko thing....I'm ready for you...if I was a focking atheist, I would hate all of this...:mad:

boatsnblondes
10-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Hey BnB do the world a favor and don't have any kids! We don't need any chips off your block :mad:
Go fock a pony, assclown....
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41143&stc=1&d=1192485326

ULTRA26 # 1
10-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Thats not the bill, thats the origiinal text of the bill, as evidenced by all of the strikes on it. It's not even close to what he signed the other day....better wait till the post of the FINALIZED law comes out....Satan? fock you! Where are people wrong in wanting to shield thier kids from alternative lifestyles?? Since when is it acceptable for kids to use each others' restrooms?? You wanna make this out to be some sort of Christian wacko thing....I'm ready for you...if I was a focking atheist, I would hate all of this...:mad:
BnB
Post a link to the text to SB777 that is valid since the text contained in the original is nothing like what your article is claiming.
It's hard to believe that SB777 evolved into anything even close.
Thanks
Edit:
Here is a to link to an opposition to SB777
http://www.savecalifornia.com/SB777_051707flooralert.pdf

boatsnblondes
10-15-2007, 01:59 PM
BnB
Post a link to the text to SB777 that is valid since the text contained in the original is nothing like what your article is claiming.
Thanks
Thats just my point, look athe date of the text...Feb, 2007...I'm not sure the signed version is even out yet....and my article?? Show ME an article claiming mine is bogus....

boatsnblondes
10-15-2007, 02:04 PM
And another thing.....from the article...
How many of YOU are willing to go to "Charm" school to learn to not harass anyone?? Bilge is a lost cause, anyone else wanna go???? The bill is now LAW, your going...enjoy...:mad:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Thats just my point, look athe date of the text...Feb, 2007...I'm not sure the signed version is even out yet....and my article?? Show ME an article claiming mine is bogus....
If you're not sure that the signed version is even out yet than how can you possibly be commenting on it's content?
I posted another link to SB777. Don't need an article, nor care about an article. I am only interested in the actual text of SB777, as anyone who wants the truth should be.
READ THE TEXT.
http://saveamerica.net/
A link to a site opposing SB777

cdog
10-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Kid's are in school to learn how to read, count and to productive members of society. Not to be exposed to people who define their existence on sexual preference.
When sex ed comes around in 6th grade it's ok to discuss these things because they are a fact of life. But you have to crawl before you can walk. And the last time I checked it takes male sperm and a vagina to make a baby. It's really out of place and it's the progressive's way to teach your kid's that it's ok in modern society before you have a chance to have the discussion with them.
The school system constantly complains about how they’re under funded. Where’s the money gonna come from to re print all the text books to say Bob and Johns love child?

ULTRA26 # 1
10-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Kid's are in school to learn how to read, count and to productive members of society. Not to be exposed to people who define their existence on sexual preference.
When sex ed comes around in 6th grade it's ok to discuss these things because they are a fact of life. But you have to crawl before you can walk. And the last time I checked it takes male sperm and a vagina to make a baby. It's really out of place and it's the progressive's way to teach your kid's that it's ok in modern society before you have a chance to have the discussion with them.
The school system constantly complains about how they’re under funded. Where’s the money gonna come from to re print all the text books to say Bob and Johns love child?
I agree. Read the text of SB777. From what I can tell, it's nothing like what BnB's article describes.

lalhc
10-15-2007, 02:47 PM
My son just turned 8 last week, he's a 3rd grader, so he started K when he was 4. He reads at a 6th grade level. He just turned 8. What's your point again?
First, I'm glad to hear that your son is doing well. My point is that many boys are too immature to begin Kindergarten. Especially, boys who never went to pre-school.

cdog
10-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Here's a link to the actual text.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_777_bill_20070917_enrolled.html
If it's just about disabilities and adversity. Why do we need another law about this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americans_with_Disabilities_Act_of_1990
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) is the short title of United States Public Law 101-336, 104 Stat. 327 (July 26, 1990), codified at 42 U.S.C. § 12101 et seq., signed into law on July 26, 1990 by President George H. W. Bush. The ADA is a wide-ranging civil rights law that prohibits, under certain circumstances, discrimination based on disability. It affords similar protections against discrimination to Americans with disabilities as the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which made discrimination based on race, religion, sex, national origin, and other characteristics illegal. Disability is defined as "a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity." The determination of whether any particular condition is considered a disability is made on a case by case basis. Certain specific conditions are excluded as disabilities, such as current substance abusers and transsexuality. Title I of the ADA was found unconstitutional by the United States Supreme Court in the case of Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama v. Garrett as violating the states' Eleventh Amendment to the United States Constitution sovereign immunity rights insofar as it allowed the states to be sued for money damages
I see the agenda of protecting transgender. Again inappropriate for kids.

OCMerrill
10-15-2007, 04:06 PM
I think that's our cutoff too, Dec 1st. My son is in GATE. I'm not sure what that entails, we go to a meeting about it on Wed night. 3rd grade is when they start it. Last year, they wanted to skip him to the 3rd grade about two months into the school year. I told them I did not need a 7 year old 4th grader starting school this year. :D
Nice to read. Sounds like he may really excel. Good for him but I know it's also about his teacher(s) and just as importantly his parents.
I agree with you about having a 7 year old 4th grader. He may be smart enough to keep up fine but in the world or "classmates" that would be a ton of pressure.

OCMerrill
10-15-2007, 04:15 PM
That Brea is the shiznet or so I'm told.:D :D :D

MBlaster
10-15-2007, 04:20 PM
When my oldest son was 5 he had a major illness and recieved a bone marrow transplant from his little brother. He was homeschooled by the local district when he was well enough. Thankfully he was healthy enough to attend the local public school the following year. One year of that BS was enough for us.
Then we discovered http://www.connectionsacademy.com/
It has been very successful for us. It has given us the freedom to do the things we enjoy, like going to the lake, dirtbike riding, snow skiing, or leaving for a major vacation. The school has really grown and now has over 700 students. It requires a huge commitment from Mrs Mblaster. Our kids love Connections, and I wish it was around when I was a kid.

Biglue
10-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Wow, you got me with one of my own chops .....very clever
I'm honored........ :p
Sup ya assclown? :D
How are you doing bro?

ULTRA26 # 1
10-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Here's a link to the actual text.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_777_bill_20070917_enrolled.html
If it's just about disabilities and adversity. Why do we need another law about this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americans_with_Disabilities_Act_of_1990
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) is the short title of United States Public Law 101-336, 104 Stat. 327 (July 26, 1990), codified at 42 U.S.C. § 12101 et seq., signed into law on July 26, 1990 by President George H. W. Bush. The ADA is a wide-ranging civil rights law that prohibits, under certain circumstances, discrimination based on disability. It affords similar protections against discrimination to Americans with disabilities as the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which made discrimination based on race, religion, sex, national origin, and other characteristics illegal. Disability is defined as "a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity." The determination of whether any particular condition is considered a disability is made on a case by case basis. Certain specific conditions are excluded as disabilities, such as current substance abusers and transsexuality. Title I of the ADA was found unconstitutional by the United States Supreme Court in the case of Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama v. Garrett as violating the states' Eleventh Amendment to the United States Constitution sovereign immunity rights insofar as it allowed the states to be sued for money damages
Do you find language in SB777 that is consistent with BnB's article?
That Brea is the shiznet or so I'm told.:D :D :D
Especially up there on Evergreen :) :)

boatsnblondes
10-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Wow, you got me with one of my own chops .....very clever
I'm honored........ :p
I worked hard on that one....glad you approved...I was going for...irony...:D

OKIE-JET
10-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Again, why would I put them in there?? Why would any of you???
some folks out there still have more sense than money....for the majority its just too cost prohibitive, so some can rely on that rare quality of common sense to be great parents. some cant.

cdog
10-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Do you find language in SB777 that is consistent with BnB's article?
Especially up there on Evergreen :) :)
I see a connection between the face value and the intended back door (no pun) consequences of the new law.:eek:
From ADA: "Certain specific conditions are excluded as disabilities, such as current substance abusers and transsexuality."
I believe the original law had the school, kids and books scenario in it and was taken out to get it passed. Next you'll see them pushing for the original text by calling Heterosexual parenting exclusionary. Therefore discriminatory.
I could be wrong but their track record does support this agenda. It’s a constant card shuffling game with these elected idiots. But hey! We get the government we vote for.
:jawdrop:

GHT
10-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Both of my kids are in Private school and it is the only way to go IMO. I will keep them both there as long as I an afford it. Wish they would allow vouchers like Pres. Bush was talking about some years ago.. That would help IMO a little competition would be healthy for all.

scooooter7
10-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Next they'll be asking to just put urinals and stalls in the hallway.

bignet
10-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Finally....someone telling it like it is. :idea: Public education is not failing...Bureaucrats are handcuffing public education and making it a hot topic they can run on in campaigns. Fact is, with the advent of standards based curriculum regular student performance is progressing and more attention is being made to help students who are really struggling. :D
:devil:
bignet

3 daytona`s
10-15-2007, 08:27 PM
So, how long before B&B derails this one too? LOL.
LOL =it never ends:D

topless
10-15-2007, 09:29 PM
I'll say this. Everybody says how much public school sucks. My kid definitely knows more in the 3rd grade than I did. I'm really surprised at some of the homework he has.Let me ask you this. Are you smarter than a third grader?:idea:

3 daytona`s
10-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Let me ask you this. Are you smarter than a third grader?:idea:
Testy Tonight. :D

3 daytona`s
10-15-2007, 09:47 PM
No, she just wants me to help her with her homework after my son's is done. :D
ALONE:idea:

3 daytona`s
10-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I was going after you just before you posted:) :D

jimslade
10-16-2007, 05:05 AM
Boatsandblonds. YOU ARE A FRAUD AND HAVE NO CREDIBILITY. You defend God against being a fake. You are NO Christian!!!!!!!!!!! You would be better off in the public education system instead of defending the private system. Its people like you that destroy both public and private school systems. You are the poster boy for "do as I say not as I do". Christians are not to judge other people, only to judge others that call themselves followers of Christ. "By their fruits you will know them"
Good Day

thatguy
10-16-2007, 05:43 AM
Boatsandblonds. YOU ARE A FRAUD AND HAVE NO CREDIBILITY. You defend God against being a fake. You are NO Christian!!!!!!!!!!! You would be better off in the public education system instead of defending the private system. Its people like you that destroy both public and private school systems. You are the poster boy for "do as I say not as I do". Christians are not to judge other people, only to judge others that call themselves followers of Christ. "By their fruits you will know them"
Good Day
You know, thats pretty bad when your biggest allie turns on you. I must agree with you Mr. Slade.
Although we are miles apart in our beliefs, I respect the fact that you are true to yours with out compromise.
I find it uncomfortable the way B&B is so often instigative and accusational. It must embarrass you, as a true Christian.
Regardless of the way he has ranted about it not being a "Parenting" issue, that is exactly what it boils down to, IMHO. Children are, and must be, exposed to the influences around them. That is how they learn to excercise personal values and choices based on those values.
They are hard wired, to some degree, but it is in fact the PARENTS, gaurdians, etc. job to display the morals and values that will help influence those childrens decisions as they grow.
There is no "law" that will instill a sense of right or wrong in kids. It is their exposure to right and wrong at home, coupled with their own sense of it, that leads to their personal values.
Even if it is allowed, MOST young boys WILL KNOW it is wrong to go into the girls restroom, for example. They may think it is funny, but we need to give them a little credit. They will surprise you when given a chance.
As most of you know, my 17 year old stepdaughter was in a horrific car crash this weekend. She is straight A student. But her "hardwired" sense of right and wrong is almost uncoprihensible. I have real doubts that even this fatal wreck will change her way of thinking.
By contrast, her 15 year old brother needs prodded, coaxed, and full attention to maintain a "C" average. He gets in trouble for boy pranks daily. BUT, He has an almost rigid sense of values that is 180* opposite of his sisters. He will not do things that are "real bad".
Public or private school would make no difference in their contrasting way of thinking, in my observation.
Sorry for being long winded.
Tommy

havasu5150
10-16-2007, 06:04 AM
I agree. Read the text of SB777. From what I can tell, it's nothing like what BnB's article describes.
I read the article, the original text of the law and the opposition view.
The law clearly states that the educators must not use terms that negatively portray anyone that is in the covered groups....IE if "Mom and Dad" is offensive....it cant be used.
The restroom part is also covered in the law, making it ok for some who's "gender identity" is that of the opposite biological gender to use that restroom if so desired.
Now I do not have kids in school any longer, so I have no dog in this fight, but this appears to me to be an unnecessary law designed to appease a particular voting block. On that note it is the parents job to "counteract" the crap that the kids may learn in school.

boatsnblondes
10-16-2007, 06:12 AM
Good Day
How dare you call me a fraud?? Who are YOU to judge ME?? I have made no judgements here, none. I have never said one was better than the other, only that if it were up to me, I would not want my kids in a place that was so screwed up the boys and girls could use each others bathrooms...I don't destroy anything. I just have said I think this is getting more screwed up by the day, and I want no part of it. As far as me not being a Christian, look to yourself, before you look at me. I have done NOTHING wrong. I don't judge anyone, not my place, but neither does the bible say I have to be around them either.

boatsnblondes
10-16-2007, 06:18 AM
You know, thats pretty bad when your biggest allie turns on you. I must agree with you Mr. Slade.
Although we are miles apart in our beliefs, I respect the fact that you are true to yours with out compromise.
I find it uncomfortable the way B&B is so often instigative and accusational. It must embarrass you, as a true Christian.
Regardless of the way he has ranted about it not being a "Parenting" issue, that is exactly what it boils down to, IMHO. Children are, and must be, exposed to the influences around them. That is how they learn to excercise personal values and choices based on those values.
They are hard wired, to some degree, but it is in fact the PARENTS, gaurdians, etc. job to display the morals and values that will help influence those childrens decisions as they grow.
There is no "law" that will instill a sense of right or wrong in kids. It is their exposure to right and wrong at home, coupled with their own sense of it, that leads to their personal values.
Even if it is allowed, MOST young boys WILL KNOW it is wrong to go into the girls restroom, for example. They may think it is funny, but we need to give them a little credit. They will surprise you when given a chance.
As most of you know, my 17 year old stepdaughter was in a horrific car crash this weekend. She is straight A student. But her "hardwired" sense of right and wrong is almost uncoprihensible. I have real doubts that even this fatal wreck will change her way of thinking.
By contrast, her 15 year old brother needs prodded, coaxed, and full attention to maintain a "C" average. He gets in trouble for boy pranks daily. BUT, He has an almost rigid sense of values that is 180* opposite of his sisters. He will not do things that are "real bad".
Public or private school would make no difference in their contrasting way of thinking, in my observation.
Tommy
Tommy, I don't see how it boils down to being a parenting issue...I just don't. What part of parenting is in control over this lousy legislation?? Nor is it a school issue. I don't see how the quality of a school has anything to do here. This is about another group of people deciding which morals our kids should have, and MAKING them adhere to them. Just as if one day the legislature were to impose the Muslim religion on all schools. Or Christian for that matter. Since when does the minority make decisions for the majority?? As for mom and dad being offensive, sorry, but how else ya gonna get here?? Is there another way that we missed somewhere??
Also, I had not heard about your stepdaughter....this is news to me...can ya fill me in? IM me?? Are ya Ok? What the heck happened...just so's ya know..your in my prayers this morning...let me know...thanks...:(

thatguy
10-16-2007, 06:19 AM
Now I do not have kids in school any longer, so I have no dog in this fight, but this appears to me to be an unnecessary law designed to appease a particular voting block. On that note it is the parents job to "counteract" the crap that the kids may learn in school.
There you have it! Well said. And it is the "unnecessary" part that chaps me about the wasted cost here. From the debating to the implementation, we will be the ones paying.
Tommy

topless
10-16-2007, 06:27 AM
You weren't suppose to go announce it!!! Thanks alot!:mad:

thatguy
10-16-2007, 06:32 AM
Tommy, I don't see how it boils down to being a parenting issue...I just don't. What part of parenting is in control over this lousy legislation?? Nor is it a school issue. I don't see how the quality of a school has anything to do here. This is about another group of people deciding which morals our kids should have, and MAKING them adhere to them. Just as if one day the legislature were to impose the Muslim religion on all schools. Or Christian for that matter. Since when does the minority make decisions for the majority?? As for mom and dad being offensive, sorry, but how else ya gonna get here?? Is there another way that we missed somewhere??
Also, I had not heard about your stepdaughter....this is news to me...can ya fill me in? IM me?? Are ya Ok? What the heck happened...just so's ya know..your in my prayers this morning...let me know...thanks...:(
Hey B&B, How are you doing?
What I am trying to say, basically, is that the legislation is not deciding our kids moral values, it is "accomodating" those with different values, not imposing them to a great degree. I feel that those values must be established at home, not school. Yes, I think it is a rediculous piece of work, like you do, but that is just me.
I don't follow you on the "Mom and Dad being offensive", I am a little groggy this morning!
Tommy
PS- Here is a link to the crash thread. Val is doing better each day. I want to thank you for your kind words. It gives me a good feeling when even You and I can set our trivial differences aside in the face of lifes real obstacles.
1 Attachment(s) Any info. on car wreck in Sac? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)

thatguy
10-16-2007, 06:38 AM
Sorry B&B, I cant get the link to work, I'll bump it to top.
Car wreck in Sac.
Tommy

boatsnblondes
10-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Hey B&B, How are you doing?
What I am trying to say, basically, is that the legislation is not deciding our kids moral values, it is "accomodating" those with different values, not imposing them to a great degree. I feel that those values must be established at home, not school. Yes, I think it is a rediculous piece of work, like you do, but that is just me.
I don't follow you on the "Mom and Dad being offensive", I am a little groggy this morning!
Tommy
PS- Here is a link to the crash thread. Val is doing better each day. I want to thank you for your kind words. It gives me a good feeling when even You and I can set our trivial differences aside in the face of lifes real obstacles.
1 Attachment(s) Any info. on car wreck in Sac? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
Hey, we have our different points of view, so what, lets not let that get in the way of the REALLY important stuff, all the best to you and your stepdaughter..if you need a place to stay to come up and visit, well, I'll leave the lights on for ya....we are about an hour south, but the price is right, and Chris will make chocolate chip cookies....the nice warm gooey kinds..;)

jimslade
10-16-2007, 08:15 PM
How dare you call me a fraud?? Who are YOU to judge ME?? I have made no judgements here, none. I have never said one was better than the other, only that if it were up to me, I would not want my kids in a place that was so screwed up the boys and girls could use each others bathrooms...I don't destroy anything. I just have said I think this is getting more screwed up by the day, and I want no part of it. As far as me not being a Christian, look to yourself, before you look at me. I have done NOTHING wrong. I don't judge anyone, not my place, but neither does the bible say I have to be around them either.
The Bible is very clear. We as Christians are not to judge anyone other than people that are claiming to be Christians, Look at your avatar and the language you use, is that Christlike behavour. You will find in the Bible Christs love for the sinner. The only group that He constantly judged were the Pharasies. They were the religious fakes of the Day. You sir are one. You name the name of Christ, but have a warped sense of morality. You call people names that don't agree with your political views. I know that Christians are far from perfect, we all struggle with sin in our lives. But our progression is upward, not downward. Even basic moral people would have a problem with you.

jimslade
10-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Tommy
I hope your stepdaughter is doing better. She will be in my prayers.
The issue of private vs. public is difficult because each school is run differently. I went to a private (christian) school. I hated it. I finished my education in the public system and never had problems. My three boys are completly different. Two of them I know would do well in a public system, the other would not do well. I have raised all my kids with different means. There is no cookie cutter way. 1. Love them unconditionally.2. Be involved in their lives whether they like it or not. 3. Make sure your mouth and actions don't conflict.
Jim Out

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Mrs. HH has taught at both public and private schools. We have learned a couple VERY important lessons:
1. Private schools do not necessarily need to teach Cal state standards, which means the curriculum is entirely up to the owners.
2. Although public schools must to adhere to strict "PC" rules set by the state, they also have rules that protect children (such as reporting child abuse, neglect etc. to the authorities). Private schools are not obligated to the same Cal laws.
3. Private schools are self-serving. They must keep enrollment up (like any business), which may include things that conflict with educating properly (like not holding kids back, putting up a good appearance for the paying parents, etc.).
It's rediculous to throw a blanket over all private or public schools and label one as better than the other, but if you ever dig into the education process, you'll see the light in most cases.
The one thing that I've noticed at both private and public schools is that we seem to live in a "blame" society. Every parent needs to look in the mirror- even a good school will never substitute for sub-par parenting.

boatsnblondes
10-17-2007, 06:38 AM
The Bible is very clear. We as Christians are not to judge anyone other than people that are claiming to be Christians, Look at your avatar and the language you use, is that Christlike behavour. You will find in the Bible Christs love for the sinner. The only group that He constantly judged were the Pharasies. They were the religious fakes of the Day. You sir are one. You name the name of Christ, but have a warped sense of morality. You call people names that don't agree with your political views. I know that Christians are far from perfect, we all struggle with sin in our lives. But our progression is upward, not downward. Even basic moral people would have a problem with you.
And who am I judging Jim?? Show me? Are you not judging me?? Where have I taken a position of judgement in this whole thread?? Again, show me. All I have said is there seems to be an underlying agenda of forcing kids to be exposed to alternative lifestyles that to me, would be a great worry to the majority of folks. I have mentioned it to several of my neighbors and gotten looks of disbelief. A gender confused boy is still a boy. He has no place in a girls bathroom. As for the avatar, well, show me where I can't be a Christian and have a sense of humor? Have a little fun. Are you one of those straightlaced Christians who never laughs at or gets the joke?? MY morality is just fine, but I still like to have fun. God put us here to enjoy our lives. So quit judging me, go live your life, and relax, take a prozac, and forget about it.
As for this string....I have to ask, why has this turned into a battle of public vs. private, and why has this turned into a battle of good parents vs. bad parents?? I don't see how either has anything to do with the fact that there is an agenda in Sac. to indoctrinate our kids into the PC lifestyle of transgender, and the gay/lesbian lifestyle. Do any of you have thoughts on the class they are saying they are going to MAKE parents take?? My basic question remains;
If you are a parent, and you don't mind your child being exposed to this stuff, than you are fine...but if you are a parent who is uncomfortable with it, are you willing to do something about it?? Take my familys schools out of the equation. We are full with wait lists. This has nothing to do with whether or not your kid goes to a good school, there are some GREAT schools out there. To me, it has to do with your comfort level at these teachings....thats all.....

boatsnblondes
10-17-2007, 07:01 AM
Hey Jim I went ahead and changed my avatar...God forbid I insult you, I changed it to picture of you..enjoy...:D

Biglue
10-17-2007, 08:30 AM
What did I tell you guys? :D :D

jimslade
10-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Hey Jim I went ahead and changed my avatar...God forbid I insult you, I changed it to picture of you..enjoy...:D
I wish I looked that good!
Jim Out

uLtRADeNniS
10-17-2007, 12:38 PM
HAHA!...I thought that was Bilgue.
You better watch out though... theres a lot of South Park haters on here!

ULTRA26 # 1
10-17-2007, 01:21 PM
I read the article, the original text of the law and the opposition view.
The law clearly states that the educators must not use terms that negatively portray anyone that is in the covered groups....IE if "Mom and Dad" is offensive....it cant be used.
The restroom part is also covered in the law, making it ok for some who's "gender identity" is that of the opposite biological gender to use that restroom if so desired.
if "Mom and Dad" is offensive....it cant be used. Offensive to whom?
Please quote the specific language in SB777 which refers to the use of gender opposite restrooms. Seems to me that too many are reading between the lines much too far.
BTW, I don't have any school age kids either. The source and originator of this thread suggest hysteria and paranoia from the Christian Right.
As for this string....I have to ask, why has this turned into a battle of public vs. private,
What kind ridiculas comment is this. BnB your 1st post was
Are your kids in public school???
Read this....then tell me you still want to keep them in public school....mine will never see the inside of one.....
PLEASE MAKE UP YOUR MIND

CA Stu
10-17-2007, 02:12 PM
All I know is this: Some boy uses the girls bathroom while one of my daughters is in there, his "nearest adult of nonspecific gender allowed to sign permission slips" is going to get a good stern talking to from yours truly.:mad:
Thanks
CA Stu

thatguy
10-17-2007, 02:59 PM
All I know is this: Some boy uses the girls bathroom while one of my daughters is in there, his "nearest adult of nonspecific gender allowed to sign permission slips" is going to get a good stern talking to from yours truly.:mad:
Thanks
CA Stu
No, No, NO!!!!!
You have no more rights, as a specific gendered, opposite gender married, non-donor, bio-impregnated, "natural" fathered father. You must consider the Uber-sensitive feelings of the poor, coddled, easily offended gender confused child.
It does not matter what YOUR child is offended by. If He/She is offended by the term(s) "Life partners", "Same Sex Guardians", "Trans gendered parental unit's", or anything like that, TOO DAMNED BAD!!!
The all knowing powers have deemed this correct.
At least we can take comfort in knowing that our ballooning tax rape dollars are going to ease the pain of the "gender whatever" child's sensitive ears and feelings.
My Aching Ass! :mad:
Tommy
Can you detect the sarcasm??

cdog
10-17-2007, 10:21 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511zesBgD7L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

boatsnblondes
10-18-2007, 06:00 AM
if "Mom and Dad" is offensive....it cant be used. Offensive to whom?
Please quote the specific language in SB777 which refers to the use of gender opposite restrooms. Seems to me that too many are reading between the lines much too far.
BTW, I don't have any school age kids either. The source and originator of this thread suggest hysteria and paranoia from the Christian Right.
What kind ridiculas comment is this. BnB your 1st post was
PLEASE MAKE UP YOUR MIND
Not ridiculous at all...I was not asking based on whether or not they are good teachers, rather, on whether or not this style of indoctrination to something you may or may not agree with is acceptable to you as a parent...as I have said,,,this whole string has nothing to do with whether you are a good or bad parent, or whether your public schools are good or bad...but whether or not your willing to let some screwed up kid of the opposite sex use the toilet while your daughter is in there...also, you asked "offensive to whom?"
Who else?? Gays and lesbians. Since they can never truly be mom and dads, the term "Mom and Dad" to them is now offensive. It's your party Ultra, your the token liberal on the board, this shit should make your heart beat faster and make you proud to be an American....

boatsnblondes
10-18-2007, 06:02 AM
No, No, NO!!!!!
You have no more rights, as a specific gendered, opposite gender married, non-donor, bio-impregnated, "natural" fathered father. You must consider the Uber-sensitive feelings of the poor, coddled, easily offended gender confused child.
It does not matter what YOUR child is offended by. If He/She is offended by the term(s) "Life partners", "Same Sex Guardians", "Trans gendered parental unit's", or anything like that, TOO DAMNED BAD!!!
The all knowing powers have deemed this correct.
At least we can take comfort in knowing that our ballooning tax rape dollars are going to ease the pain of the "gender whatever" child's sensitive ears and feelings.
My Aching Ass! :mad:
Tommy
Can you detect the sarcasm??
I totally agree with you Tommy, I totally agree...hows your girl doing...she feeling better??? Give me a call today if you get a moment....let me know how things are going....:D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Not ridiculous at all...I was not asking based on whether or not they are good teachers, rather, on whether or not this style of indoctrination to something you may or may not agree with is acceptable to you as a parent...as I have said,,,this whole string has nothing to do with whether you are a good or bad parent, or whether your public schools are good or bad...but whether or not your willing to let some screwed up kid of the opposite sex use the toilet while your daughter is in there...also, you asked "offensive to whom?"
Who else?? Gays and lesbians. Since they can never truly be mom and dads, the term "Mom and Dad" to them is now offensive. It's your party Ultra, your the token liberal on the board, this shit should make your heart beat faster and make you proud to be an American....
Coming from the token moron, on these boards, your comment doesn't offend me, BnB. While I not a fan of either, I have no doubt that there are gays and lesbians who are very good parents. I am proud to be an American are you suggesting this is in some way a bad thing?
You started this thread by posting
Originally Posted by boatsnblondes
followed by,
As for this string....I have to ask, why has this turned into a battle of public vs. private,
you shouldn't wonder why you are viewed in the manner in which you are???
If you are a product of the private schools, you seem so proud of, we all should thank the Lord for public schools.
As for this string....I have to ask, why has this turned into a battle of public vs. private, and why has this turned into a battle of good parents vs. bad parents?? I don't see how either has anything to do with the fact that there is an agenda in Sac. to indoctrinate our kids into the PC lifestyle of transgender, and the gay/lesbian lifestyle. Do any of you have thoughts on the class they are saying they are going to MAKE parents take?? My basic question remains;
the fact that there is an agenda in Sac. to indoctrinate our kids into the PC lifestyle of transgender, and the gay/lesbian lifestyle
If you actually believe that the intent of SB777 is to expose public school children to the life styles of the trans gender, you are one paranoid sick dude. Read SB777 instead forming your opinion based on garbage posted on the internet.

boatsnblondes
10-18-2007, 07:45 AM
Coming from the token moron, on these boards, your comment doesn't offend me, BnB. While I not a fan of either, I have no doubt that there are gays and lesbians who are very good parents. I am proud to be an American are you suggesting this is in some way a bad thing?
You started this thread by posting
followed by,
you shouldn't wonder why you are viewed in the manner in which you are???
If you are a product of the private schools, you seem so proud of, we all should thank the Lord for public schools.
Your calling me a moron?? With the goofy stupid shit you espouse on a daily basis?? Are you listening to yourself?? Do you even believe half the shit that rolls out of your lips?? Or are you one of those guys that knows that once it's out of your moouth, it ain't coming back, and don't care?? And yes, I AM proud of private schools...I'll put ours up against ANY public school and kick thier asses from here to TJ and back just on GPA's and SAT scores alone....those who can send to private, those who can't go public. As I said stupid....where do I ask anything about public school other than is this policy acceptable to you as a parent?? We all know YOUR liberal answer, now lets hear from some more realistic people.....stop trying to hijack my string....:mad:
I'm sorry, did I call you stupid?? I didn't mean to lump stupid people in with the likes of you. Sorry, stupid people, he's not like you, he's actually worse....

ULTRA26 # 1
10-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Mrs. HH has taught at both public and private schools. We have learned a couple VERY important lessons:
1. Private schools do not necessarily need to teach Cal state standards, which means the curriculum is entirely up to the owners.
2. Although public schools must to adhere to strict "PC" rules set by the state, they also have rules that protect children (such as reporting child abuse, neglect etc. to the authorities). Private schools are not obligated to the same Cal laws.
3. Private schools are self-serving. They must keep enrollment up (like any business), which may include things that conflict with educating properly (like not holding kids back, putting up a good appearance for the paying parents, etc.).
It's rediculous to throw a blanket over all private or public schools and label one as better than the other, but if you ever dig into the education process, you'll see the light in most cases.
The one thing that I've noticed at both private and public schools is that we seem to live in a "blame" society. Every parent needs to look in the mirror- even a good school will never substitute for sub-par parenting.
Excellent post.
Your calling me a moron?? With the goofy stupid shit you espouse on a daily basis?? Are you listening to yourself?? Do you even believe half the shit that rolls out of your lips?? Or are you one of those guys that knows that once it's out of your moouth, it ain't coming back, and don't care?? And yes, I AM proud of private schools...I'll put ours up against ANY public school and kick thier asses from here to TJ and back just on GPA's and SAT scores alone....those who can send to private, those who can't go public. As I said stupid....where do I ask anything about public school other than is this policy acceptable to you as a parent?? We all know YOUR liberal answer, now lets hear from some more realistic people.....stop trying to hijack my string....:mad:
I'm sorry, did I call you stupid?? I didn't mean to lump stupid people in with the likes of you. Sorry, stupid people, he's not like you, he's actually worse....
....those who can send to private, those who can't go public
And yet another wise comment.
As I stated if you are the product of private schools, I am very thankful for an alternative.

boatsnblondes
10-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Excellent post.
As I stated if you are the product of private schools, I am very thankful for an alternative.
Wow, yet another spell checker....you and Mrs. Wood should get together, start a club.....good for you. If thats all ya got, please drive through, and keep going, don't stop...

ULTRA26 # 1
10-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Wow, yet another spell checker....you and Mrs. Wood should get together, start a club.....good for you. If thats all ya got, please drive through, and keep going, don't stop...
BnB,
Use the educated brain that you claim to have. Read SB777 and point out to all of lesser public school educated folks to the parts that suggest it's intent as...... an agenda in Sac. to indoctrinate our kids into the PC lifestyle of transgender, and the gay/lesbian lifestyle
I have no doubt that your opinion is based on crap that you read on the internet and not the text of SB777, If I am wrong you should have no trouble quoting the text in SB777 that supports your opinion. BnB, I look forward to your intelligent response.

OCMerrill
10-18-2007, 08:55 AM
I look forward to your intelligent response.
Perhaps the most demanding question of the entire thread.:)

ULTRA26 # 1
10-18-2007, 09:52 AM
:D :D

pixilatedpussy
10-18-2007, 09:53 AM
:confused: :sleeping: :confused: :sleeping: :confused: :sleeping:

thatguy
10-18-2007, 09:54 AM
:hammer2:

OCMerrill
10-18-2007, 10:48 AM
:hammer2:
Rio has the best advice for BnB.
Post pictures of Trains. Period.:D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Rio has the best advice for BnB.
Post pictures of Trains. Period.:D
Sounds like very good advice.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-18-2007, 11:14 AM
LOL, it appears you can't quit crying about that. Thanks for giving me a laugh today during my lunch. I'm still waiting for you to tell me how many times I've traumatized you with this. I went back 6 months and couldn't find once.
those who can send to private, those who can't go public
That's pretty elitist of you. I CAN send my kids to private schools, but choose not to. You make it sound like those who don't can't afford it. Guess we're all a bunch of losers and you're better than us.
Anyway, it appears this law affects private schools also, so I guess your kids and wife are just as affected as the rest of us poor losers in the public school system who could, alas, only wish to be part of a private school business.

Biglue
10-18-2007, 11:41 AM
LOL, it appears you can't quit crying about that. Thanks for giving me a laugh today during my lunch. I'm still waiting for you to tell me how many times I've traumatized you with this. I went back 6 months and couldn't find once.
That's pretty elitist of you. I CAN send my kids to private schools, but choose not to. You make it sound like those who don't can't afford it. Guess we're all a bunch of losers and you're better than us.
Anyway, it appears this law affects private schools also, so I guess your kids and wife are just as affected as the rest of us poor losers in the public school system who could, alas, only wish to be part of a private school business.
Why don't you grab the dunce cap out of your suplly closet slap it on him and make him sit in the corner. :D :D

OCMerrill
10-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Those that don't have kids always and I mean ALWAYS give the best parental advice don't they.:rolleyes:
At least with public school there is a hiring criteria for teachers that is known or can be searched out easily.
Private school...not so sure.:idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-18-2007, 12:20 PM
SB 777, Kuehl. Discrimination.
(1) Existing law states that it is the policy of the state to
afford equal rights and opportunities to all persons in the public or
private elementary and secondary schools and postsecondary
educational institutions of the state regardless of their sex, ethnic
Those that don't have kids always and I mean ALWAYS give the best parental advice don't they.:rolleyes:
At least with public school there is a hiring criteria for teachers that is known or can be searched out easily.
Private school...not so sure.:idea:
I'm still choking on,
those who can send to private, those who can't go public
Amazing

MKEELINE
10-18-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm curious to hear what BnB has to say about this also. If this bill pertains to both public and PRIVATE schools, what is he going to do?
I believe that the title of this thread is"Are your kids in public school?" and implies that if this bill is in place then why would you keep them there.
If the bill covers PRIVATE schools also, then BnB:Why would you leave your kids there?

ULTRA26 # 1
10-18-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm curious to hear what BnB has to say about this also. If this bill pertains to both public and PRIVATE schools, what is he going to do?
I believe that the title of this thread is"Are your kids in public school?" and implies that if this bill is in place then why would you keep them there.
If the bill covers PRIVATE schools also, then BnB:Why would you leave your kids there?
I'm still curious to hear how BnB twisted SB 777 Kuehl. Discrimination, which is appropriately titled into an agenda in Sac. to indoctrinate our kids into the PC lifestyle of transgender, and the gay/lesbian lifestyle.
The following is the opening paragraph from SB777:
group identification, race, national origin, religion, or mental or
physical disability and prohibits a person from being subjected to
discrimination on those bases and contains various provisions to
implement that policy.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-18-2007, 12:55 PM
My point exactly. Lack of reliable research and knee-jerk reactions appear to be the norm. Then when he gets called on it, he gets all pissy. Guess the whole original reason for this thread is thrown out the window, since it also applies to private schools.

MKEELINE
10-18-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm still curious to hear how BnB twisted SB 777 Kuehl. Discrimination, which is appropriately titled into an agenda in Sac. to indoctrinate our kids into the PC lifestyle of transgender, and the gay/lesbian lifestyle.
The following is the opening paragraph from SB777:
implement that policy.
You just need to read between the lines and pole vault to conclusions:rolleyes: .

thatguy
10-18-2007, 01:00 PM
B&B, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you expecting your first child?
Tommy
PS- Val is getting better each day. She is in pain, but pissing off the nurses constantly! :D Thanks for asking!:)

ULTRA26 # 1
10-18-2007, 01:02 PM
You just need to read between the lines and pole vault to conclusions:rolleyes: .
Apparently :D

OCMerrill
10-18-2007, 01:44 PM
B&B, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you expecting your first child?
Tommy
:jawdrop: :jawdrop:
:D

OCMerrill
10-18-2007, 01:47 PM
My point exactly. Lack of reliable research and knee-jerk reactions appear to be the norm. Then when he gets called on it, he gets all pissy. Guess the whole original reason for this thread is thrown out the window, since it also applies to private schools.
Apparently this thread is now cooked.
There will be another bi-polar thread along shortly. Stand by.:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Apparently this thread is now cooked.
There will be another bi-polar thread along shortly. Stand by.:D
LMAO Can't wait.:D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-18-2007, 03:02 PM
This is how this whole mess began for those of you who join us late.
BRAVE NEW SCHOOLS
'Mom' and 'Dad' banished by California
Schwarzenegger signs law outlawing terms perceived as negative to 'gays'
Posted: October 13, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger
"Mom and Dad" as well as "husband and wife" effectively have been banned from California schools under a bill signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who with his signature also ordered public schools to allow boys to use girls restrooms and locker rooms, and vice versa, if they choose.
We are shocked and appalled that the governor has blatantly attacked traditional family values in California," said Karen England, executive director of Capitol Resource Institute.
"With this decision, Gov. Schwarzenegger has told parents that their values are irrelevant. Many parents will have no choice but to pull their children out of the public schools that have now become sexualized indoctrination centers."
"Arnold Schwarzenegger has delivered young children into the hands of those who will introduce them to alternative sexual lifestyles," said Randy Thomasson, president of Campaign for Children and Families, which worked to defeat the plans. "This means children as young as five years old will be mentally molested in school classrooms. ETC.
Apparently another of BnB's bibles. :confused:
BnB, see what happens when you call others stupid. :hammer2:

boatsnblondes
10-18-2007, 07:21 PM
This is how this whole mess began for those of you who join us late.
Apparently another of BnB's bibles. :confused:
BnB, see what happens when you call others stupid. :hammer2:
What an absolute boner you are dude. I HATE people like you. Listen up, of course we can NOT discriminate against kids for those reasons, BUT no where in teh bill does it say we have to exclude "mom and Dad' and other vile terms, nor does it say we have to let the kids use each others bathrooms...you go out, get the original of the bill, with no changes, which is most likely NOTHING like what the Gov. signed, and call it law. Fock you..I'll stick with the story, which is most likely based on statements from folks with the final version of the bill in their hands...not what you keep harping on.....and on top of that...none of that bill applies to religious based schools, if it goes against thier belief system...which is pretty much every Christian school in the state....so I don't need to worry about my kids, when I have them, being taught mom and dad is a bad set of words...you keep up your left wing, liberal BS....and we are gonna go way round on this board...:mad:

talkinghead
10-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Private - St. Jeanne Lestonic Catholic in Temecula
It costs me dearly...

ULTRA26 # 1
10-18-2007, 07:33 PM
What an absolute boner you are dude. I HATE people like you. Listen up, of course we can NOT discriminate against kids for those reasons, BUT no where in teh bill does it say we have to exclude "mom and Dad' and other vile terms, nor does it say we have to let the kids use each others bathrooms...you go out, get the original of the bill, with no changes, which is most likely NOTHING like what the Gov. signed, and call it law. Fock you..I'll stick with the story, which is most likely based on statements from folks with the final version of the bill in their hands...not what you keep harping on.....and on top of that...none of that bill applies to religious based schools, if it goes against thier belief system...which is pretty much every Christian school in the state....so I don't need to worry about my kids, when I have them, being taught mom and dad is a bad set of words...you keep up your left wing, liberal BS....and we are gonna go way round on this board...:mad:
Please, you are making a bigger fool of yourself than you already have. Give yourself a break.
A link to the final version of SB777 was posted pages ago. Everything in the bill applies to private schools as well.
Sorry the truth causes you to HATE others. My position has nothing to do with left or right. It is all about the actual intent of, and is what stated in, SB777.

Old Texan
10-19-2007, 05:12 AM
Please, you are making a bigger fool of yourself than you already have. Give yourself a break.
A link to the final version of SB777 was posted pages ago. Everything in the bill applies to private schools as well.
Sorry the truth causes you to HATE others. My position has nothing to do with left or right. It is all about the actual intent of, and is what stated in, SB777.
Beware at RR crossings.....Ol' Casey might try to run your asse over:devil: :D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Beware at RR crossings.....Ol' Casey might try to run your asse over:devil: :D
Good idea. :D :D

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 06:43 AM
Here ya guys go....this is funny.....:D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41431&stc=1&d=1192804972

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 06:48 AM
Ultra, I found it, I think...here is the link of the ORIGINAL bill you posted a link to....
Here is a link to the AMMENDED bill, which may or may not be the final version signed by Arnold...but it should help in finding out why everyone is so angry about it....
http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_777_bill_20070510_amended_sen_v97.html
Hope this helps....I don't see why things need to get to the levels they do around here....but they just seem to....sigh..:(

Old Texan
10-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Ultra, I found it, I think...here is the link of the ORIGINAL bill you posted a link to....
Here is a link to the AMMENDED bill, which may or may not be the final version signed by Arnold...but it should help in finding out why everyone is so angry about it....
http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_777_bill_20070510_amended_sen_v97.html
Hope this helps....I don't see why things need to get to the levels they do around here....but they just seem to....sigh..:(
Just seems like you have problems keeping on track......

OutCole'd
10-19-2007, 06:55 AM
Maybe this has something to do with it??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Are you serious?? I bet you can walk into a room of a hundred people & alienate everyone of them in 5 minutes. Isn't there a religious or train forum you might do better in to visit?

thatguy
10-19-2007, 07:37 AM
Hmm.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 07:43 AM
BnB, everyone is not angry about SB777, in fact not even all Christians are angry about it. When you post opinions based on articles that twist the truth to fit a political or religious agenda, you are likely to get bitch slapped by most mature adults. When you claim to be a good Christian, and then profess your HATE for another, followed by a FOCK YOU, don't expect others to just look the other way.
When you make a mistake, admit it, learn from it and move on. If you can't grasp this basic, you and your children to be are going to have a rough time of it. It's really not difficult.
Sorry for preaching.
BTW, here the the link to the final text of SB777 that was posted by Cdog earlier in this thread.

MKEELINE
10-19-2007, 07:52 AM
Don't take this the wrong way but.......you are a KOOK. Speaking of levels, you may want to get to the doctor and get your levels checked on you meds.

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 08:08 AM
You know what?? You guys are the kooks around here....don't look at me, I'm the sane one thinking this whole bill is an accident waiting to happen. Cal. is in an uproar over this bill, so it just ain't me that has a problem with it. If you guys want to accept this bill as OK legislation...well, that just speaks volumes to me about you and your character....
Read this...
http://www.savecalifornia.com/getpluggedin/news_details.php?newsid=89
I'm the normal one, you guys want to side with Gays, lesbians and whatever else and have it force fed to your kids starting in Kindergarten thats on you..

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Think I'm nuts?? Watch THIS sick twisted shit.:mad:
http://www.massresistance.org/media/video/brainwashing.html
This is the future Ultra.....this is what you have no problem with....this is what I am dead set against....call me hateful, I don't care...call me whatever you want..this is WRONG.....

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 08:19 AM
You know what?? You guys are the kooks around here....don't look at me, I'm the sane one thinking this whole bill is an accident waiting to happen. Cal. is in an uproar over this bill, so it just ain't me that has a problem with it. If you guys want to accpet this bill as OK legislation...well, that just speaks volumes to me about you and your character....
Read this...
http://www.savecalifornia.com/getpluggedin/news_details.php?newsid=89
I'm the normal one, you guys want to side with Gays, lesbians and whatever else and have it force fed to your kids starting in Kindergarten thats on you..
BnB, I alway have tried to view the glass of water as half full especially with regard to people. However, you have finally convinced me that in your case the glass is bone dry.

MKEELINE
10-19-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm normal...I am, I am, I am! Man, I don't know if your trying to be funny, but you are. Keep up the good work.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Think I'm nuts?? Watch THIS sick twisted shit.:mad:
http://www.massresistance.org/media/video/brainwashing.html
This is the future Ultra.....this is what you have no problem with....this is what I am dead set against....call me hateful, I don't care...call me whatever you want..this is WRONG.....
Rather than call you anything, I will just say this.
THE VIDEOS ON THE LINK YOU POSTED WERE TAKEN AT CAMBRIDGE FRINDS SCHOOL, WHICH IS A PRIVATE SCHOOL
You are all WRONG about the intent of CA SB777, don't you think it is time you admit it?

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Say what you want, make fun all you want...I don't care...the fact that you don't find this stuff spooky, is spooky...

MKEELINE
10-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Say what you want, make fun all you want...I don't care...the fact that you don't find this stuff spooky, is spooky...
I find you spooky.

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Rather than call you anything, I will just say this.
THE VIDEOS ON THE LINK YOU POSTED WERE TAKEN AT CAMBRIDGE FRINDS SCHOOL, WHICH IS A PRIVATE SCHOOL
You are all WRONG about the intent of CA SB777, don't you think it is time you admit it?
Yes , it is. But it's a Mass. private school. Here in cal. this is something new. the general concensus so far at our school is that we have no intention of following the thing. None at all. I have read it. Word for word. All the versions. And i am not wrong. You read it the way you want, I read it diffently. This was not the only bill passed that day, there were a few others. Here is a breakdown of what ELSE you can look forward to from our Liberal friends....
http://savecalifornia.com/getactive/billanalysisinfo.php
While your at it, read this too...detailed anlysis of 777.....
http://www.savecalifornia.com/CCFSB777legalanalysis_091207.pdf
But after reading it, you'll discount it as an analysis with an agenda...like you always do...
Funny thing, the Gov. vetoed these bills last year during his reelection campaign...they slightly altered them, sent them back and here we are....a new set of laws...

OutCole'd
10-19-2007, 08:44 AM
I find you spooky.
LMAO!!
I find BNB a complete tool and should be committed.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 08:44 AM
I find you and your ignorant reality-phobic Christian Right rhetoric, spooky. Nobody wants to teach your kids to be fags.
Are you not capable of admitting you're wrong. Throughout this entire thread, your comment about never letting your kids attend public school, due to the Gov's signature on SB777 has been proven to be BS from every angle possible. Yet, to try to prove your point by posting a link to videos from a Quaker Private School on the other side of the Country.
No matter how you slice it, you are one sick MoFo
LMAO!!
I find BNB a complete tool and should be committed.
No shit. I agree completely
BnB, if you are a product of your family's private school, your parents should be prosecuted. What they did to you is criminal

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 08:53 AM
I find you and your ignorant reality-phobic Christian Right rhetoric, spooky. Nobody wants to teach your kids to be fags.
Are you not capable of admitting you're wrong. Throughout this entire thread, your comment about never letting your kids attend public school, due to the Gov's signature on SB777 has been proven to be BS from every angle possible. Yet, to try to prove your point by posting a link to videos from a Quaker Private School on the other side of the Country.
No, you guys are the sick mofo's not me. You miss everything ultra...it wasn't the scholl that was important, it was what was being taught and said to the kids...this is used as a training tape for gay teachers....go back and watch listen...because the way is now paved for the same sort of lessons to be taught in Ca. schools....sigh....which was the reason form y first question...knowing that your kids will now be subject to these kinds of teachings....if you do not agree with this stuff, why in the world would you have your kids in public school???

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 08:55 AM
BnB, if you are a product of your family's private school, your parents should be prosecuted. What they did to you is criminal
You just went too far...my folks are the best people in the world.....your one sick fock....:mad:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 08:57 AM
[/B]
You just went too far...my folks are the best people in the world.....your one sick fock....:mad:
They may be good people. Hopefully they are good enough to realize you need help.

OutCole'd
No, you guys are the sick mofo's not me. You miss everything ultra...it wasn't the scholl that was important, it was what was being taught and said to the kids...this is used as a training tape for gay teachers....go back and watch listen...because the way is now paved for the same sort of lessons to be taught in Ca. schools....sigh....which was the reason form y first question...knowing that your kids will now be subject to these kinds of teachings....if you do not agree with this stuff, why in the world would you have your kids in public school???
BNB, you are one sick moron. I'll be the first to say, I'd rather have a Gay or Lesibian teacher at my kids school rather than someone with your scary beliefs.

MKEELINE
[/B]
The ravings of a lunatic. Stop drinking the punch.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 08:59 AM
BNB, you are one sick moron. I'll be the first to say, I'd rather have a Gay or Lesibian teacher at my kids school rather than someone with your scary beliefs.
AMEN

OutCole'd
10-19-2007, 08:59 AM
[/B]
Let me get this straight, Ultra's a sick fock and you're normal???:confused: :rolleyes:
You are f'n crazy. Get back on your meds.

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Good for you. I'll stay with my beliefs, you stay with yours. I will not have my kids being taught this stuff at such a young age. Period.

MKEELINE
10-19-2007, 09:03 AM
BnB, I have a serious question for you. This is off topic, but so is most of the thread.
If your child were to turn out to be gay, would you love him/her any less than if they were straight?

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Let me get this straight, Ultra's a sick fock and you're normal???:confused: :rolleyes:
You are f'n crazy. Get back on your meds.
You got it. And so are you if you think it's ok to teach grade schoolers about gay pride and alternative lifestyles....

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 09:07 AM
BnB, I have a serious question for you. This is off topic, but so is most of the thread.
If your child were to turn out to be gay, would you love him/her any less than if they were straight?
I'm not answering this as it hasn't happened, and is not likely to...

MKEELINE
10-19-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm not answering this as it hasn't happened, and is not likely to...
I think you just did answer it.

OutCole'd
10-19-2007, 09:09 AM
You got it. And so are you if you think it's ok to teach grade schoolers about gay pride and alternative lifestyles....
Who cares if they learn about it? Because they learn about it they are going to turn into one? Is that what you're thinking?
I learned about murderers in history class, I never turned into one.

Debbolas
10-19-2007, 09:13 AM
I tutor in a public school.:D
Many of my students do not come from "traditional homes" They are being raised by their grandparents, or aunts. I have to be careful about asking about Mom and Dad:(

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Good for you. I'll stay with my beliefs, you stay with yours. I will not have my kids being taught this stuff at such a young age. Period.
Neither will anyone elses, That's the entire point that everyone has gone out of their way to explain to nicely and every other way to help you get it.
Because SB777 includes sexuality as an area of discrimination, in no way implies, suggests or otherwise, that school children in this state are now under some trans-gender gay or lesbian spell. You trying to convince intelligent adults of such nonsense, is futile. It's ignorant, plain and simple.

MKEELINE
10-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Who cares if they learn about it? Because they learn about it they are going to turn into one? Is that what you're thinking?
I learned about murderers in history class, I never turned into one.
Says you.;)

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 09:17 AM
I and a LOT of folks Cole, want our kids to be kids for as long as possible...I will determine what, where and when they learn about this stuff, no the state, sooner or later they will, but when they are old enough, and mature enough to understand what it is. By implementing this policy, they are taking my role as a parent out of my hands and saying they know better than me what is best for my child.....I will not tolerate that....if, when my kids are old enough to start school, this policy is still in place, I will gladly put them in a private or Christain school, whichever I like better...just to protect them from this screwed up world....

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Says you.;)
;) ;) ;)

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 09:21 AM
I and a LOT of folks Cole, want our kids to be kids for as long as possible...I will determine what, where and when they learn about this stuff, no the state, sooner or later they will, but when they are old enough, and mature enough to understand what it is. By implementing this policy, they are taking my role as a parent out of my hands and saying they know better than me what is best for my child.....I will not tolerate that....if, when my kids are old enough to start school, this policy is still in place, I will gladly put them in a private or Christain school, whichever I like better...just to protect them from this screwed up world....
BnB,
What f'n policy. SB777 is not what your Chistian buddies claim it is. Your Christians Right buddies are lying, or don't you believe that this is possible? You pushing these lies, after you've been given the facts proving that the crap you are pushing is lies, makes you a liar too. Do you understand that?

OutCole'd
10-19-2007, 09:25 AM
I can't wait for you're son to walk into the room and say Daddy, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend.....:D :D LMAO....

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 09:29 AM
I can't wait for you're son to walk into the room and say Daddy, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend.....:D :D LMAO....
I would be afraid for his safety. BnB might view this as cause for a religious sacrifice. :D

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 09:31 AM
BnB,
What f'n policy. SB777 is not what your Chistian buddies claim it is. Your Christians Right buddies are lying, or don't you believe that this is possible? You pushing these lies, after you've been given the facts proving that the crap you are pushing is lies, makes you a liar too. Do you understand that?
it's not just the Christian right, Ultra, it's conservatives, and family based groups, as well as a whole variety of other groups also. They are not lying, you are, to yourself, and everyone else on here when you stick up for this bill. I have posted link after link after link on here, as well as video on the ramifications of this new bill..and all you do is plug your ears and say I'm lying.....stay in YOUR fantasy world dude, mine is based on reality....your the liar...not me. Do you understand THAT???

MKEELINE
10-19-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm not a liar..I'm not, I'm not, I'm not. Must<pause>continue<pause>to drink<pause>the punch.

OutCole'd
10-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm not a liar..I'm not, I'm not, I'm not. Must<pause>continue<pause>to drink<pause>the punch.
LMAO!!:D
I'm feeling guilty. It's like picking on a retard in this thread.

MKEELINE
10-19-2007, 09:37 AM
How dare you....that is offensive to retards all over the world. Epecially gay ones.

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 09:48 AM
So what you guys are saying is that all this stuff is fine and dandy with you...good....I'll make sure to never leave my kids alone with you...

OutCole'd
10-19-2007, 09:48 AM
So what you guys are saying is that all this stuff is fine and dandy with you...good....I'll make sure to never leave my kids alone with you...
Very cool.

MKEELINE
10-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Uh...likewise.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 09:59 AM
it's not just the Christian right, Ultra, it's conservatives, and family based groups, as well as a whole variety of other groups also. They are not lying, you are, to yourself, and everyone else on here when you stick up for this bill. I have posted link after link after link on here, as well as video on the ramifications of this new bill..and all you do is plug your ears and say I'm lying.....stay in YOUR fantasy world dude, mine is based on reality....your the liar...not me. Do you understand THAT???
Link after link from the same place and one showing the teachings of a private school. :confused:
I have been patient with you, I have presented the facts to you, I have asked you to read SB777, and quote the portions that suggest anything even remotely similar, to to the crazy shit you are claiming. Your responses to me are that I'm lying, you hate people like me FOCk YOU, and a few other less than mature blips. While I am aware that from a political place, most of the people on HB stand farther to the Right than I do. That is what America is about. Are you unable to recognize that 95% of those who have responded to your original post, have told you that your opinion is flawed and have given valid reasons for their comments. Yet, you still have the balls to tell all that are wrong:mad:
If this is some sort of game like you claimed last night, you are a sick person. If you actually still believe that SB777 is some agenda to expose school kids to some sick sexual agenda, you are as dumb as owl shit. Until, you learn to leave comments like "I HATE people like you" off of the table, I suggest that you quit professing anything to do with Christianity. Nobody likes a hypocrite.
I have wasted enough time believing that you are capable of listening to reason.
And I'll be watching myself at all RR Xings in the future.

bigq
10-19-2007, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=ULTRA26 # 1;2849520]you are as dumb as owl shit.QUOTE]
:D made me chuckle...thats pretty dumb;)

thatguy
10-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Link after link from the same place and one showing the teachings of a private school. :confused:
I have been patient with you, I have presented the facts to you, I have asked you to read SB777, and quote the portions that suggest anything even remotely similar, to to the crazy shit you are claiming. Your responses to me are that I'm lying, you hate people like me FOCk YOU, and a few other less than mature blips. While I am aware that from a political place, most of the people on HB stand farther to the Right than I do. That is what America is about. Are you unable to recognize that 95% of those who have responded to your original post, have told you that your opinion is flawed and have given valid reasons for their comments. Yet, you still have the balls to tell all that are wrong:mad:
If this is some sort of game like you claimed last night, you are a sick person. If you actually still believe that SB777 is some agenda to expose school kids to some sick sexual agenda, you are as dumb as owl shit. Until, you learn to leave comments like "I HATE people like you" off of the table, I suggest that you quit professing anything to do with Christianity. Nobody likes a hypocrite.
I have wasted enough time believing that you are capable of listening to reason.
1) You can never win an argument with B&B.:)
The outcome will ALWAYS be losing your temper. ( He has that skill!)
It took hundreds of posts, but I finally lost it on the God thread. :(
2) It is IMPOSSIBLE to sway his opinion, or point out any holes in his logic.
You will only be condemned.
3) There is a misconception that B&B represents the Christian community.
Mr. JimSlade might take exception to this.
4) There is no way possible to make him believe that his links or opinion is not the final word.
These are well documented facts. I see no reason to get angry with him.
We all know this already. :D
Tommy

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Ditto

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 10:27 AM
1) You can never win an argument with B&B.:)
The outcome will ALWAYS be losing your temper. ( He has that skill!)
It took hundreds of posts, but I finally lost it on the God thread. :(
2) It is IMPOSSIBLE to sway his opinion, or point out any holes in his logic.
You will only be condemned.
3) There is a misconception that B&B represents the Christian community.
Mr. JimSlade might take exception to this.
4) There is no way possible to make him believe that his links or opinion is not the final word.
These are well documented facts. I see no reason to get angry with him.
We all know this already. :D
Tommy
Tom.
You are absolutely correct. I gave it one shot,, but that's all he gets. Don't think I have ever encountered a person this dull, who wasn't special.
How is Val and your wife doing. As I recall, the last time you made any comment, I think Val was pissing of the nurses, which means she is getting better. Thank God!
John

Old Texan
10-19-2007, 10:36 AM
They may be good people. Hopefully they are good enough to realize you need help.
John, if you have any extra "Tinfoil Hats", could you find it in your heart to share one of the lil' engineer models with BnB..........make it a double thick one with ear flaps.:devil:

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Funny Ultra, Ive been patient with you, moreso even. You have called me every name in the book, told me I'm nuts, insulted my good parents, insulted my beliefs, insulted my integrity by calling me a liar, and called my parents, my GOOD parents, criminals who should be prosecuted. Oh, and for what they did to me, so you basically said they were also bad parents. Does that about cover it, or should I go on? Cause theres more.
And then you wonder why I when come back at you. And when I do, you get all butthurt and go into a corner becuase bad ole' BNB said he HATES people like you and use that as a lame excuse to again critisize religion, by calling me a hypocrite for saying it. I can't see how anyone of a Christian nature could like you after reading your attacks on not only me, but on Christianity as a whole not only in this thread, but wherever you have had the chance. Your leftword leanings and anti Religious stances are something you wear openly on your shirtsleeve for the whole world to see. And then you come in here and use it again to disrupt this conversation and turn in into a rightwing whacko thread...I get it. You hate conservatives, you hate religious people, you hate me.....you hate basically everything that isn't liberal left wing nutiness, and do whatever you can do to disqualify it, up to and including calling my parents names, and insulting them.
Your the problem child. You've done the bulk of insulting, and have taken the prize for saying the absolute, most hurtful things ever said to me by anyone on this board since I started posting here. You can say what you want about me, but when you brought my family into it, my mom and dad, you went way too far. That shows the caliber of person you are. You truly care nothing for others, and care only to make your point, whatever the cost.
I read the bills, word for word, as I have said, and then went in a posted a link with the more dangerous apects of it, which were highlighted, which you, in your eminent wisdom, summarily dismissed. To vague? You ask?? And then you dismiss the video as it is from a "private" school, and miss the whole point of the video...Mass. passed this type of bill several years back, and the teachings going on in the school are now the norm. Gays use the video as an instructional guide to assist them in ways to get the info to kids in thier OWN classrooms...so your whole point about it being from a private school is at best, irrelevant, and ignorant of the true context for which the video is posted. Just because I have posted from a single site, (the one currently with the most data on the bill) does not mean there will not be more sources in the near future as resistance to these policies builds, it just means this is the easiest source for me in order to obtain info at this time. And I don't see anywhere on the site where it epouses to be religious..thats a word you like to throw in just to demean me front of your audience.....good for you..you make your points at the expense of others...if you didn't know what I beleived, or what I think on issues...you would still find a way to insult me as best you could to make your point..I feel sorry for you, I really do...

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 10:40 AM
John, if you have any extra "Tinfoil Hats", could you find it in your heart to share one of the lil' engineer models with BnB..........make it a double thick one with ear flaps.:devil:
Great idea Tex :D :D
EVERYONE IS WRONG EXCEPT BnB.
That deserves a pair of my tinfoil gloves too

MKEELINE
10-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Funny Ultra, Ive been patient with you, moreso even. You have called me every name in the book, told me I'm nuts, insulted my good parents, insulted my beliefs, insulted my integrity by calling me a liar, and called my parents, my GOOD parents, criminals who should be prosecuted. Oh, and for what they did to me, so you basically said they were also bad parents. Does that about cover it, or should I go on? Cause theres more.
And then you wonder why I when come back at you. And when I do, you get all butthurt and go into a corner becuase bad ole' BNB said he HATES people like you and use that as a lame excuse to again critisize religion, by calling me a hypocrite for saying it. I can't see how anyone of a Christian nature could like you after reading your attacks on not only me, but on Christianity as a whole not only in this thread, but wherever you have had the chance. Your leftword leanings and anti Religious stances are something you wear openly on your shirtsleeve for the whole world to see. And then you come in here and use it again to disrupt this conversation and turn in into a rightwing whacko thread...I get it. You hate conservatives, you hate religious people, you hate me.....you hate basically everything that isn't liberal left wing nutiness, and do whatever you can do to disqualify it, up to and including calling my parents names, and insulting them.
Your the problem child. You've done the bulk of insulting, and have taken the prize for saying the absolute, most hurtful things ever said to me by anyone on this board since I started posting here. You can say what you want about me, but when you brought my family into it, my mom and dad, you went way too far. That shows the caliber of person you are. You truly care nothing for others, and care only to make your point, whatever the cost.
I read the bills, word for word, as I have said, and then went in a posted a link with the more dangerous apects of it, which were highlighted, which you, in your eminent wisdom, summarily dismissed. To vague? You ask?? And then you dismiss the video as it is from a "private" school, and miss the whole point of the video...Mass. passed this type of bill several years back, and the teachings going on in the school are now the norm. Gays use the video as an instructional guide to assist them in ways to get the info to kids in thier OWN classrooms...so your whole point about it being from a private school is at best, irrelevant, and ignorant of the true context for which the video is posted. Just because I have posted from a single site, (the one currently with the most data on the bill) does not mean there will not be more sources in the near future as resistance to these policies builds, it just means this is the easiest source for me in order to obtain info at this time. And I don't see anywhere on the site where it epouses to be religious..thats a word you like to throw in just to demean me front of your audience.....good for you..you make your points at the expense of others...if you didn't know what I beleived, or what I think on issues...you would still find a way to insult me as best you could to make your point..I feel sorry for you, I really do...
You sound more and more like Charlie Browns teacher with every post.

OutCole'd
10-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Fag:D

Old Texan
10-19-2007, 11:04 AM
I've had my share of "active" discussions with Ultra, as have a number of others in the Pol Forum, but this "rant" really is overwhelming on what is being written into it.
I caught a couple references about how you were raised wrong or something to that effect, but you make it sound like he's beat your parents up on the street or something.
I detect a lot of homophobia and suspect your Christianity is of the "Born Again" type. You think you just discovered something no on else heard about and you're out to "tell the world" how wonderful things are now that you've seen the light at the end of the tunnel. Then again I'm afaid you have spent way to much time in some dark tunnel and it has you scared shitless.....:idea:

HM
10-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Your ugly and your momma dresses you funny.

thatguy
10-19-2007, 11:30 AM
OOHHH!!, SCHNAPPP!!! :D :D
Tommy

Biglue
10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
This one put the food in my mouth all over my desk. LMFAO
I detect a lot of homophobia and suspect your Christianity is of the "Born Again" type. You think you just discovered something no on else heard about and you're out to "tell the world" how wonderful things are now that you've seen the light at the end of the tunnel. Then again I'm afaid you have spent way to much time in some dark tunnel and it has you scared shitless.....:idea:
Hmmm, you may be onto something there Ole Tex. :idea:

HM
10-19-2007, 12:04 PM
OOHHH!!, SCHNAPPP!!! :D :D
Tommy
Nice siggy. :D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Just having fun with you bro...had to pull your chain a little, you get so serious about shit and all...:D
LIGHTEN UP!!! I'm going to get some Hot Chocolate and crash tonight..too tired...have a great night, and don't get so uptight...talk to you guys later!!!!!
Not a well man.

JMC
10-19-2007, 12:54 PM
I got to the second paragraph where it mentioned "value's in California" and just stopped right there. First off, I love CA but you have to admit there are just too damn many damn people in it. Not to mention, too many people that have distorted directions and beliefs among many other things. If I lived in CA I would do my best to put my kids through private, but I would never home school. Home school kids miss out on too much. They are usually too sheltered and miss out on many great experiences that only school can deliver. Dont get me wrong, there are a few home schooled families in my neighborhood and yes they are strange. It's like little cult's. Most of the kids don't have any social skills and I cant imagine what their social life is like when they hit College and try to figure the real world out. Do you kids a favor and put them in a real school atmosphere where they can GET LAID, GET DUMPED and maybe get in a fight. You know what I mean? Let your damn kids grow up in this world, dont hide them from it.

NorCalCat
10-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Because we spend alot of money to live in a nice area and the school system is the best in the country. See links, we are in the Marin School District.
http://www.forbes.com/2007/07/05/schools-taxes-education-biz-beltway_cz_cs_0705schools.html
Rankings:
http://www.forbes.com/2007/07/05/schools-taxes-education-biz-beltway_cz_cs_0705schools_2.html
That is why.

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Not a well man.
Not sure what one quote has to do with the other...last night, I thought there was a chance to cool things off a little between us....last night my thoughts about you were much different than they are today.......:mad:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Someone please help me out here
SB 777, as amended, Kuehl. Discrimination.
implement that policy.
Existing law prohibits a teacher from giving instruction, and a
school district from sponsoring any activity, that reflects adversely
upon persons because of their race, sex, color, creed, handicap,
national origin, or ancestry.
Existing law prohibits the State Board of Education and the
governing board of a school district from adopting for use in the
public schools any instructional materials that reflect adversely
This bill would revise the list of prohibited bases of
discrimination and the kinds of prohibited instruction, activities,
and instructional materials and instead, would refer to disability,
gender, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation,
or any other characteristic contained in the definition of hate
crimes that is contained in the Penal Code. The bill would define
disability, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, and
sexual orientation for this purpose.
So it appears they added "sexual orientation" to the areas that can't be discriminated against.
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:
SECTION 1. This act shall be known, and may be cited, as the
California Student Civil Rights Act.
SEC. 1.5. Section 200 of the Education Code is amended to read:
200. It is the policy of the State of California to afford all
persons in public schools, regardless of their disability, gender,
nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any
other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate
crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code, equal rights
and opportunities in the educational institutions of the state. The
purpose of this chapter is to prohibit acts that are contrary to that
policy and to provide remedies therefor.
SEC. 3. Section 210.1 is added to the Education Code, to read:
210.1. "Disability" includes mental and physical disability.
SEC. 4. Section 210.7 is added to the Education Code, to read:
210.7. "Gender" means sex, and includes a person's gender
identity and gender related appearance and behavior whether or not
stereotypically associated with the person's assigned sex at birth.
SEC. 5. Section 212 of the Education Code is repealed.
SEC. 6. Section 212 is added to the Education Code, to read:
212. "Nationality" includes citizenship, country of origin, and
national origin.
SEC. 7. Section 212.1 is added to the Education Code, to read:
212.1. "Race or ethnicity" includes ancestry, color, and ethnic
background.
SEC. 8. Section 212.3 is added to the Education Code, to read:
212.3. "Religion" includes all aspects of religious belief,
observance, and practice and includes agnosticism and atheism.
SEC. 9. Section 212.6 is added to the Education Code, to read:
212.6. "Sexual orientation" means heterosexuality, homosexuality,
or bisexuality.
Then they defined all the terms
SEC. 10. Section 219 is added to the Education Code, to read:
219. Disability, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity,
religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic contained
in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the
Penal Code includes a perception that the person has any of those
characteristics or that the person is associated with a person who
has, or is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
SEC. 11. Section 220 of the Education Code is amended to read:
220. No person shall be subjected to discrimination on the basis
of disability, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion,
sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that is contained in
the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the
Penal Code in any program or activity conducted by an educational
institution that receives, or benefits from, state financial
assistance or enrolls pupils who receive state student financial aid.
SEC. 12. Section 220.5 of the Education Code is amended and
renumbered to read:
221. This article shall not apply to an educational institution
that is controlled by a religious organization if the application
would not be consistent with the religious tenets of that
organization.
Then they said religious schools can have a pass if this doesn't jive with their belief system
I can't see anything that states that teachers can convert students to homosexuality or that boys will be allowed in girls restrooms/locker rooms, or anything about the "mom & dad" issue. If I missed it, would someone please point it out for me. And only from the text of the law, not from what some website says the law states.
To be honest I don't have a problem with transgendered people using whatever restroom they feel comfortable in. I did research on this subject a couple of years ago and found out that 3-4 percent of the population has both sex organs, or maybe one smaller or less pronounced than the other (like an oversized clitoris for example). This comes from having more than two sex chromosomes, like XXY, XYY, or XXYY. I was shocked at that amount. 3-4 out of 100! Which restroom do these people use? :idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 01:26 PM
I got to the second paragraph where it mentioned "value's in California" and just stopped right there. First off, I love CA but you have to admit there are just too damn many damn people in it. Not to mention, too many people that have distorted directions and beliefs among many other things. If I lived in CA I would do my best to put my kids through private, but I would never home school. Home school kids miss out on too much. They are usually too sheltered and miss out on many great experiences that only school can deliver. Dont get me wrong, there are a few home schooled families in my neighborhood and yes they are strange. It's like little cult's. Most of the kids don't have any social skills and I cant imagine what their social life is like when they hit College and try to figure the real world out. Do you kids a favor and put them in a real school atmosphere where they can GET LAID, GET DUMPED and maybe get in a fight. You know what I mean? Let your damn kids grow up in this world, dont hide them from it.
SB777, the bill that is the subject of this thread, is about discrimination.
The bill includes sexuality in it's list of those things that schools, both public and private, can't discriminate against, The is one person here who has tried convince everyone that the primary purpose of the discrimination bill was a Govt agenda to promote alternative sexual lifestyles. I found myself aggravated by such nonsense.
While I had the means to put my Son through school privately, I chose to live in an area where the public school system was rated very highly, namely Brea, CA If private school is one's preference, then by all means.
Point being is that if someone takes the position, in a public forum, that the CA Govt is ruining the system as a result the Governor signing a Senate Bill, specifically SB377, they must be prepared to argue the point based on facts and not religious propaganda. This has simply not been the case.
BTW, I completely agree with the majority of your comment.
Not sure what one quote has to do with the other...last night, I thought there was a chance to cool things off a little between us....last night my thoughts about you were much different than they are today.......:mad:
You are not well. I suggest you seek professional help, before you hurt someone.
I can't see anything that states that teachers can convert students to homosexuality or that boys will be allowed in girls restrooms/locker rooms, or anything about the "mom & dad" issue. [B]If I missed it, would someone please point it out for me. And only from the text of the law, not from what some website says the law states.
To be honest I don't have a problem with transgendered people using whatever restroom they feel comfortable in. I did research on this subject a couple of years ago and found out that 3-4 percent of the population has both sex organs, or maybe one smaller or less pronounced than the other (like an oversized clitoris for example). This comes from having more than two sex chromosomes, like XXY, XYY, or XXYY. I was shocked at that amount. 3-4 out of 100! Which restroom do these people use? :idea:
You didn't miss anything. What we have been presented is the opinion of a website and a Hot Boat member, promoting Christian and/or religious schools. Nothing is the bill even remotely resembles BnB's comments.

MKEELINE
10-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Is that funny"ha ha" or funny"queer"?

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Someone please help me out here
SB 777, as amended, Kuehl. Discrimination.
implement that policy.
Existing law prohibits a teacher from giving instruction, and a
school district from sponsoring any activity, that reflects adversely
Existing law prohibits the State Board of Education and the
governing board of a school district from adopting for use in the
public schools any instructional materials that reflect adversely
This bill would revise the list of prohibited bases of
discrimination and the kinds of prohibited instruction, activities,
and instructional materials and instead, would refer to disability,
gender, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation,
or any other characteristic contained in the definition of hate
crimes that is contained in the Penal Code. The bill would define
disability, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, and
sexual orientation for this purpose.
So it appears they added "sexual orientation" to the areas that can't be discriminated against.
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:
SECTION 1. This act shall be known, and may be cited, as the
California Student Civil Rights Act.
SEC. 1.5. Section 200 of the Education Code is amended to read:
200. It is the policy of the State of California to afford all
persons in public schools, regardless of their disability, gender,
nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any
other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate
crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code, equal rights
and opportunities in the educational institutions of the state. The
purpose of this chapter is to prohibit acts that are contrary to that
policy and to provide remedies therefor.
SEC. 3. Section 210.1 is added to the Education Code, to read:
210.1. "Disability" includes mental and physical disability.
SEC. 4. Section 210.7 is added to the Education Code, to read:
210.7. "Gender" means sex, and includes a person's gender
identity and gender related appearance and behavior whether or not
stereotypically associated with the person's assigned sex at birth.
SEC. 5. Section 212 of the Education Code is repealed.
SEC. 6. Section 212 is added to the Education Code, to read:
212. "Nationality" includes citizenship, country of origin, and
national origin.
SEC. 7. Section 212.1 is added to the Education Code, to read:
212.1. "Race or ethnicity" includes ancestry, color, and ethnic
background.
SEC. 8. Section 212.3 is added to the Education Code, to read:
212.3. "Religion" includes all aspects of religious belief,
observance, and practice and includes agnosticism and atheism.
SEC. 9. Section 212.6 is added to the Education Code, to read:
212.6. "Sexual orientation" means heterosexuality, homosexuality,
or bisexuality.
Then they defined all the terms
SEC. 10. Section 219 is added to the Education Code, to read:
219. Disability, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity,
religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic contained
in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the
Penal Code includes a perception that the person has any of those
characteristics or that the person is associated with a person who
has, or is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
SEC. 11. Section 220 of the Education Code is amended to read:
220. No person shall be subjected to discrimination on the basis
of disability, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion,
sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that is contained in
the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the
Penal Code in any program or activity conducted by an educational
institution that receives, or benefits from, state financial
assistance or enrolls pupils who receive state student financial aid.
SEC. 12. Section 220.5 of the Education Code is amended and
renumbered to read:
221. This article shall not apply to an educational institution
that is controlled by a religious organization if the application
would not be consistent with the religious tenets of that
organization.
Then they said religious schools can have a pass if this doesn't jive with their belief system
I can't see anything that states that teachers can convert students to homosexuality or that boys will be allowed in girls restrooms/locker rooms, or anything about the "mom & dad" issue. If I missed it, would someone please point it out for me. And only from the text of the law, not from what some website says the law states.
First of all, the devil is in the ambiguity.....second you and I agree at last on our first thing....a person like a hermaphrodite, <born with both sets of genitals> SHOULD be able to use either bathroom, based in which gender they choose to live as....you have the term transgender wrong for your use..a transgender person is someone, male or female, living the lifestyle of the opposite sex, usually for a year or two preceding a sex change operation....if you are transgender, and get arrested...the cops do a quick check, find out what they need to know...throw you in the with the sex type that you are...what we have here, in this new bill...is transgender being able to use the bathroom of the sex they are living as...and gasp, lots of folks have a problem with that..even as adults...but letting kids do it?? insane.
Read this...and don't laugh it off.....
The legislation Schwarzenegger signed earlier earned the scorn of an international organization promoting families. World Congress of Families Global Coordinator Allan Carlson said the measure is "a blatant attack on the natural family orchestrated by the alternative-lifestyles lobby."
The World Congress noted the law prohibits "instruction" or "activity" that is perceived to "promote a discriminatory bias" against "gender," including cross-dressing and sex-change operations as well as "so-called sexual orientation."
"It will prohibit anything that suggests that the natural family – a man and a woman, married, with children – is normal or typical," said Carlson. "Thus, under this latest advance toward a Brave New World of polymorphous perversion, California textbooks will no longer be able to use words like 'mother and father' and 'husband and wife,' because they suggest that heterosexuality is the norm – even though that is manifestly the case, even in California."
The organization's statement called it "unbelievable" that teachers and students who oppose same-sex marriage and suggest homosexuality isn't innate, or disapprove of cross-dressing and sex-change operations, could be disciplined as "harassers," and students may use the restrooms designated for the gender with which they identify.
While SB 777 provides protections for those promoting alternative lifestyle choices, there are no similar protections for students with traditional or conservative lifestyles and beliefs. Offenders will face the wrath of the state Department of Education, up to and including lawsuits.
"The terms 'mom and dad' or 'husband and wife' could promote discrimination against homosexuals if a same-sex couple is not also featured," said Meredith Turney, the legislative liaison for Capitol Resource.
"Parents want the assurance that when their children go to school they will learn the fundamentals of reading, writing and arithmetic – not social indoctrination regarding alternative sexual lifestyles. Now that SB 777 is law, schools will in fact become indoctrination centers for sexual experimentation," she said.
England told WND that the law is not a list of banned words, including "mom" and "dad." But she said the requirement is that the law bans discriminatory bias and the effect will be to ban such terminology.
"Having 'mom' and 'dad' promotes a discriminatory bias. You have to either get rid of 'mom' and 'dad' or include everything when talking about [parental issues]," she said. "They [promoters of sexual alternative lifestyles] do consider that discriminatory."
Ray Moore, a spokesman for Exodus Mandate, which advocates Christians give up on public schools and either school their children at home or send them to Christian schools, agreed with Thomasson, and went further.
"This really is a call to conservative and Christian pro-family groups to give up this absurd idea of public school reform," he told WND. "It can't be done. The longer they talk about saving public schools, the longer they prolong this agony, when they could be setting up new schools."
He said such plans to indoctrinate children in sexual alternatives is not a surprise at all. "The pagans are simply obeying their god," he said.
He also warned that the rest of the nation could feel the impact of the decision, because California is known as a trend-setter in educational practice and policy.
"California always has been on the cutting edge of trends, sometimes good and sometimes bad," Moore said. "What happens in California sometimes can spread nationwide.
"I do know textbook publishers blow with the wind," Thomasson added, "whether they blow from Texas or California, because those are the biggest states. That's how they sell books."
He said textbook editors now have a new agenda to satisfy if they want to sell their products in California. "We could see those [new] books within a year or two."
I'm sorry you guys....this is all coming...and Ultra......well, he's a sick and twisted an individual as I've ever met....

MKEELINE
10-19-2007, 02:22 PM
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...............blah

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 02:30 PM
I have two suggestions...Arizona is east, Hawaii west.
BNB take the train west.
You first

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 02:33 PM
BnB,
I'm thankful you've never had the pleasure.
I do understand that you actually believe the stuff you are wanting us to accept. In the future, stick with a subject you have the ability argue intelligently. :confused:

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 02:37 PM
BnB,
I'm thankful you've never had the pleasure.
I do understand that you actually believe the stuff you are wanting us to accept. In the future, stick with a subject you have the ability intelligently argue. :confused:
Well, time will tell, huh John?? But, I'll say it now so I don't have to say it later....I told you so...:mad:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 02:45 PM
It must suck not to be able to read the bill and comment on the portions that you are so fearful of. Maybe you're just lazy and figure it easier to rely on the opinions of others.
As I said, in the future, stick with a subject you have the ability argue intelligently, like trains or trains or trains.

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 02:48 PM
It must suck not to be able to read the bill and comment on the portions that you are so fearful of. Maybe you're just lazy and figure it easier to rely on the opinions of others.
As I said, in the future, stick with a subject you have the ability argue intelligently, like trains or trains or trains.
As I have said, several times now..I have read the bill..word for word...and cross referanced it with the highlighted parts you never took the time to look at...I can see EXACTLY why folks would have a problem with it..unlike you, who could care less what goes in your kids heads...great parent that you are of course...

Mrs_DD_Tahiti
10-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Just thought I'd throw this into the ring
http://www.eqca.org/atf/cf/%7B687DF34F-6480-4BCD-9C2B-1F33FD8E1294%7D/SB%20777%20FACT%20SHEET.PDF

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 03:00 PM
As I have said, several times now..I have read the bill..word for word...and cross referanced it with the highlighted parts you never took the time to look at...I can see EXACTLY why folks would have a problem with it..unlike you, who could care less what goes in your kids heads...great parent that you are of course...
As I recall what you did was cut and paste crap from one of your favorite websites. More untruths from the holier than thou boy?
My Son is now married and 26, He is an upstanding citizen who is very happy and successful, and BTW, he went to public school. From the time he was 12 I was a single parent. I am not insecure about my parenting skills, dude.
As I said, I understand that you believe what you expect that the rest of us stooopider folks to swallow. Problem is you have no credibility. Believe as you will, is your right.
Just thought I'd throw this into the ring
http://www.eqca.org/atf/cf/%7B687DF34F-6480-4BCD-9C2B-1F33FD8E1294%7D/SB%20777%20FACT%20SHEET.PDF
Thanks for the link. The fact sheet is valid and follows the actual text of SB777

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 04:10 PM
As I recall what you did was cut and paste crap from one of your favorite websites. More untruths from the holier than thou boy?
My Son is now married and 26, He is an upstanding citizen who is very happy and successful, and BTW, he went to public school. From the time he was 12 I was a single parent. I am not insecure about my parenting skills, dude.
As I said, I understand that you believe what you expect that the rest of us stooopider folks to swallow. Problem is you have no credibility. Believe as you will, is your right.
Thanks for the link. The fact sheet is valid and follows the actual text of SB777
No John, it's YOU who have zero crediblity..none...you sit over there and throw rocks at me all day, yet have posted nothing, NOTHING, to prove your side of the argument...and stuff is starting to get written about it, just as I predicted.....here are some of the first shots....
Arnold and SB777
To some, the website World Net Daily is known as "World Nut Daily" due to their propensity for, shall we say, sensationalism. This story certainly seemed to fit that bill, at least at first glance:
"Mom and Dad" as well as "husband and wife" have been banned from California schools under a bill signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who with his signature also ordered public schools to allow boys to use girls restrooms and locker rooms, and vice versa, if they choose.
"Mom and Dad" now offensive? Signed by the Terminator? Time for some research. The bill that the Governator signed, SB777, does change the definition of discrimination as it pertains to California public school teachers and textbooks. A few examples:
Existing law prohibits a teacher from giving instruction, and a school district from sponsoring any activity, that reflects adversely upon persons because of their race, sex, color, creed, handicap, national origin, or ancestry.
OK, fine, there was some outdated verbiage in the old one, so it's not surprising they wanted to clean it up. So far so good. The new law changed that verbiage as follows:
disability, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code, equal rights and opportunities in the educational institutions of the state.
Notice that "sex" has been replaced with "gender", and they've added "sexual orientation" to the list. And the last item is non-specific and depends on whatever crazy definitions of hate the California Assembly might one day dream up.
The new definitions are defined. Most are intuitive, some aren't:
"Gender" means sex, and includes a person's gender identity and gender related appearance and behavior whether or not stereotypically associated with the person's assigned sex at birth.
Here's the old, outdated definition of "sex" that gender replaced:
"Sex" means the biological condition or quality of being a male or female human being.
My how times change. Next, here's the new definition of religion, which may raise a few hackles by itself:
"Religion" includes all aspects of religious belief, observance, and practice and includes agnosticism and atheism.
Most atheists would not consider themselves religious but that does seem to set up an interesting dichotomy regards the teaching of macro-evolution, or Muslim culture, for example.
"Sexual orientation" means heterosexuality, homosexuality, or bisexuality.
At risk of offending, why not include beastialitists, pedophiles, polygamists or eunuchs, since all are making a choice to behave in such manners? It would seem if the state wants to protect a certain group that group should be recognized scientifically as a group. Are people born bi-sexual, for example? The case can perhaps be made that people are born with a propensity towards homosexuality, but what physiological traits exist in bi-sexuals that are different from homosexuals or heterosexuals? Does anyone know? Therefore, they would appear no different than eunuchs or polygamists. Discrimination!
The funny thing is, neither teachers nor textbooks are discriminating against the protected kids now. That's why Christian groups believe the only purpose was to redefine the terms in an effort to force out quaint colloquialisms such as 'mom and pop'. They may be right. It'll be interesting to see if California can effectively ban the term "mom and dad" since technically everyone has a mom and dad, even if the dad is a sperm donor and the mom is a surrogate. Loopholes are loopholes.
But this aspect of the new law may even be more troubling:
..and students, whether male or female, must be allowed to use the restroom and locker room corresponding to the sex with which they choose to identify.
Do they not understand the nature of teenaged boys? Think of the movie "Porky's" without the hole in the girl's bathroom wall.
In the end this whole thing was probably just a conspiracy by the lawyers. Christians should not stop fighting for their rightful place in the shaping of society but they really shouldn't be surprised at any of this. It was all foretold long ago.
Notice, that in fairness, i even included the initial critisism of the site I originally read the story off of....but they are not at all that far off this time...they may have sensationalised it a bit..but the meat of what they are saying is true...wheres your proof that I am wrong?? Off to the liberal left wing websites you go to troll for proof....

OCMerrill
10-19-2007, 04:20 PM
So one night is supposed to dismiss a 1 1/2 years here of illogical one sided thoughts?
A cool down maybe? Interesting sense you seem to be the only one so pissed off.:confused: A true F type personality.
Years ago I took a two day class on how to handle difficult people. It was based on the four personality traits of people called S.E.L.F.
S= Statistical
E= Emotional
L= Leisurely or think melancholy
then there is....
F= Focking moron

Biglue
10-19-2007, 04:26 PM
So one night is supposed to dismiss a 1 1/2 years here of illogical one sided thoughts?
A cool down maybe? Interesting sense you seem to be the only one so pissed off.:confused: A true F type personality.
Years ago I took a two day class on how to handle difficult people. It was based on the four personality traits of people called S.E.L.F.
S= Statistical
E= Emotional
then there is....
F= Focking moron
That's focking hilarious right there.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 04:28 PM
And yet another cut and paste. Are you incapable of an original thought.
READ SENATE BIL SB777. IT'S NOT HARD.
In an earlier post you admit that there is nothing in the bill that relates to boys using girls restroom, you admit that there is no language regrading the use of the words Mom and Dad. So what do you have? You and a website promoting private schools. Problem is, your little ad backfired. Dork!
BTW, I don't need credibility. SB777 speaks for itself.
Isn't trying to predict the future, which is what you and your wacko friends are doing, against your religion?
S= Statistical
E= Emotional
then there is....
F= Focking moron
OC, I almost chocked. LMFAO

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 05:00 PM
And yet another cut and paste. Are you incapable of an original thought.
READ SENATE BIL SB777. IT'S NOT HARD.
In an earlier post you admit that there is nothing in the bill that relates to boys using girls restroom, you admit that there is no language regrading the use of the words Mom and Dad. So what do you have? You and a website promoting private schools. Problem is, your little ad backfired. Dork!
BTW, I don't need credibility. SB777 speaks for itself.
Isn't trying to predict the future, which is what you and your wacko friends are doing, against your religion?
OC, I almost chocked. LMFAO
John, I swear to God, you have to be the stupidest focking person I have ever met in my life.....how the hell you get through your day is beyond comprehension...I am done wasting my time on my day off talking to you..take your fantasyland get the fock away from me....

Mrs. Jyruiz
10-19-2007, 07:56 PM
I am a public school teacher and have been teaching for 10 years. I went to public schools and so do my children. I do believe that the behavior of children in school is the parent. I have come across many behavior problems in my years and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Now about this Bill. What the hell is that about? :confused:

boatsnblondes
10-19-2007, 08:09 PM
I am a public school teacher and have been teaching for 10 years. I went to public schools and so do my children. I do believe that the behavior of children in school is the parent. I have come across many behavior problems in my years and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Now about this Bill. What the hell is that about? :confused:
Start here, and it all goes downhill from there, thanks to Ultra's ultra left wing liberal leanings...:mad:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58231

OKIE-JET
10-20-2007, 05:07 AM
Yeah, but theres so many....:D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Start here, and it all goes downhill from there, thanks to Ultra's ultra left wing liberal leanings...:mad:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58231
First of all you moron, Mrs. Jyruiz asked what this bill was all about. Instead of directing her to one of your crazy Christian Right websites why not direct her to the text of the bill and let her decide for herself.
My political views have nothing to do with my ability to read. SB777 in no way resembles the crap that continues to run out of your mouth like a bad case of the stomach flu.
It's clear by the above that you have no problem lying as long as it serves your Christian private school agenda. As I have said, if you are a product of private Christian school, the rest of us must be thankful for an alternative.
Below is a link to a summary of the text of Senate Bill 777.
The actual text of SB777
OH NO MR. BILL..... THOSE LIBERALS IN SACRAMENTO ARE TRYING TO TURN MY KIDS INTO GAYS AND LESBOS. RUN FOR THE NEAREST BnB PRIVATE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.
BnB I have a question for you that should end this stupid thread.
Should the public school system be allowed to discriminate against anyone for any reason?

boatsnblondes
10-20-2007, 09:26 AM
First of all you moron, Mrs. Jyruiz asked what this bill was all about. Instead of directing her to one of your crazy Christian Right websites why not direct her to the text of the bill and let her decide for herself.
My political views have nothing to do with my ability to read. SB777 in no way resembles the crap that continues to run out of your mouth like a bad case of the stomach flu.
It's clear by the above that you have no problem lying as long as it serves your Christian private school agenda. As I have said, if you are a product of private Christian school, the rest of us must be thankful for an alternative.
The actual text of SB777
OH NO MR. BILL..... THOSE LIBERALS IN SACRAMENTO ARE TRYING TO TURN MY KIDS INTO GAYS AND LESBOS. RUN FOR THE NEAREST BnB PRIVATE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.
Like I said, you are absolutly the stupidest dumb fock I have ever come across. Your like a poster child for Dipshits. If putting my kids in a private Christian school keeps them from being exposed to the evil that YOU are, I will gladly do it.... you need to crawl into a hole somewhere and die....

ULTRA26 # 1
10-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Like I said, you are absolutly the stupidest dumb fock I have ever come across. Your like a poster child for Dipshits. If putting my kids in a private Christian school keeps them from being exposed to the evil that YOU are, I will gladly do it.... you need to crawl into a hole somewhere and die....
I just added a comment to my previous post. Now I am evil and I should crawl into a hole somewhere and die...
Bravo, BnB. Please take a bow. I think this may be a new low.
You know big guy, I am beginning to feel guilty for being so hard on you. I didn't realize until now how special you are.
Should the public school system be allowed to discriminate against anyone for any reason?

cab_01
10-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Nope and they should teach your kids shit that shouldn't be taught in school.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Nope and they should teach your kids shit that shouldn't be taught in school.
Sorry, but I don't follow you. :confused:
If you meant to say "Nope and they shouldn't teach your kids shit that shouldn't be taught in school." I completely agree.
Come on BnB give us your answer

ULTRA26 # 1
10-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Well BnB. I thuoght you would be man enough to answer my question, but I guess not.

boatsnblondes
10-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Sorry John, time to kill this thread....let it die a quiet death...I'm done with it....

ULTRA26 # 1
10-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Sorry John, time to kill this thread....let it die a quiet death...I'm done with it....
wuss :D

boatsnblondes
10-20-2007, 06:01 PM
wuss :Dwuss<---------------Me:D

Ultracrazy
10-20-2007, 07:34 PM
On the money........

ULTRA26 # 1
10-21-2007, 07:58 AM
wuss<---------------Me:D
Yes.
All I asked you was one last question that is no way was a slam to you or implied anything negative about you.
Again,

asch
10-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Shouldn't this be in the PR forum?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-21-2007, 10:11 AM
First of all, the devil is in the ambiguity.....second you and I agree at last on our first thing....a person like a hermaphrodite, <born with both sets of genitals> SHOULD be able to use either bathroom, based in which gender they choose to live as....you have the term transgender wrong for your use..a transgender person is someone, male or female, living the lifestyle of the opposite sex, usually for a year or two preceding a sex change operation....if you are transgender, and get arrested...the cops do a quick check, find out what they need to know...throw you in the with the sex type that you are...what we have here, in this new bill...is transgender being able to use the bathroom of the sex they are living as...and gasp, lots of folks have a problem with that..even as adults...but letting kids do it?? insane.
Read this...and don't laugh it off.....
The legislation Schwarzenegger signed earlier earned the scorn of an international organization promoting families. World Congress of Families Global Coordinator Allan Carlson said the measure is "a blatant attack on the natural family orchestrated by the alternative-lifestyles lobby."
The World Congress noted the law prohibits "instruction" or "activity" that is perceived to "promote a discriminatory bias" against "gender," including cross-dressing and sex-change operations as well as "so-called sexual orientation."
"It will prohibit anything that suggests that the natural family – a man and a woman, married, with children – is normal or typical," said Carlson. "Thus, under this latest advance toward a Brave New World of polymorphous perversion, California textbooks will no longer be able to use words like 'mother and father' and 'husband and wife,' because they suggest that heterosexuality is the norm – even though that is manifestly the case, even in California."
The organization's statement called it "unbelievable" that teachers and students who oppose same-sex marriage and suggest homosexuality isn't innate, or disapprove of cross-dressing and sex-change operations, could be disciplined as "harassers," and students may use the restrooms designated for the gender with which they identify.
While SB 777 provides protections for those promoting alternative lifestyle choices, there are no similar protections for students with traditional or conservative lifestyles and beliefs. Offenders will face the wrath of the state Department of Education, up to and including lawsuits.
"The terms 'mom and dad' or 'husband and wife' could promote discrimination against homosexuals if a same-sex couple is not also featured," said Meredith Turney, the legislative liaison for Capitol Resource.
"Parents want the assurance that when their children go to school they will learn the fundamentals of reading, writing and arithmetic – not social indoctrination regarding alternative sexual lifestyles. Now that SB 777 is law, schools will in fact become indoctrination centers for sexual experimentation," she said.
England told WND that the law is not a list of banned words, including "mom" and "dad." But she said the requirement is that the law bans discriminatory bias and the effect will be to ban such terminology.
"Having 'mom' and 'dad' promotes a discriminatory bias. You have to either get rid of 'mom' and 'dad' or include everything when talking about [parental issues]," she said. "They [promoters of sexual alternative lifestyles] do consider that discriminatory."
Ray Moore, a spokesman for Exodus Mandate, which advocates Christians give up on public schools and either school their children at home or send them to Christian schools, agreed with Thomasson, and went further.
"This really is a call to conservative and Christian pro-family groups to give up this absurd idea of public school reform," he told WND. "It can't be done. The longer they talk about saving public schools, the longer they prolong this agony, when they could be setting up new schools."
He said such plans to indoctrinate children in sexual alternatives is not a surprise at all. "The pagans are simply obeying their god," he said.
He also warned that the rest of the nation could feel the impact of the decision, because California is known as a trend-setter in educational practice and policy.
"California always has been on the cutting edge of trends, sometimes good and sometimes bad," Moore said. "What happens in California sometimes can spread nationwide.
"I do know textbook publishers blow with the wind," Thomasson added, "whether they blow from Texas or California, because those are the biggest states. That's how they sell books."
He said textbook editors now have a new agenda to satisfy if they want to sell their products in California. "We could see those [new] books within a year or two."
I'm sorry you guys....this is all coming...and Ultra......well, he's a sick and twisted an individual as I've ever met....
You are right. I should have used "transexual" instead of "transgender".
However, I don't give a rat's ass what some organization says about this law or what their opinion is. I posted my quote from the amended bill that you posted the link to. That is what I'm interested in. Only what the law states. How it is interpreted by the future court challenges is the only interpretation that matters. Whatever family values or conservative, or Christian (unfortunately they go hand in hand oftentimes) group has to say about what might happen is completely irrelevant.
All of the quoting you did was two men's interpretation of the law. Who the heck are they?? And why should I take their word for anything? Because they are Christian? These men are only assuming what will happen. You are reprinting it here as fact.
The text of the law states teachers are not allowed to use discriminatory language based on sexuality. They aren't allowed to say or teach that being gay is evil, bad, wrong, or abnormal. It doesn't state that teachers and text books can't use the terms "mom and dad" (personally, I usually use the term "parents" but that's just me). However, someone could sue for discrimination under this law. Then the schoold district would have a court case. Personally, I'm not worried about it. Maybe I should be, but I'm just not that kind of person.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-21-2007, 10:15 AM
I read it also. I even posted the parts that were relevant to our arguement. Please highlight the parts for me that you have a problem with and post them. And from the text please, not from some website with an agenda that a man not related to the bill itself wrote. I'm sincerely curious to see what I missed, because I obviously missed something.
You remind me of Don Quixote fighting the windmills.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-21-2007, 11:04 AM
I read it also. I even posted the parts that were relevant to our arguement. Please highlight the parts for me that you have a problem with and post them. And from the text please, not from some website with an agenda that a man not related to the bill itself wrote. I'm sincerely curious to see what I missed, because I obviously missed something.
You remind me of Don Quixote fighting the windmills.
I asked BnB to answer one simple question, that I believe would put this thread to rest.
BnB refuses to answer.
You are correct about the intent and language contained in SB777, which is what I have attempted to get BnB to realize from the beginning. Apparently, he isn't capable of admitting when he is dead wrong.

Screemy1
10-21-2007, 11:54 AM
I( didn't read the whole thread.... but from my experiance... the schools follow on what the city and area is like.... public and private... if the area is crap.... that is what is attending them.... I know of people that ar ghetto asses and brag about the private shools they use their drug money for and don't realize their kids are ruining the private school.... My son goes to public school here in Tehachapi and they are great......

Formula Dude
10-21-2007, 12:14 PM
I asked BnB to answer one simple question, that I believe would put this thread to rest.
BnB refuses to answer.
BnB is busy working o.t. on a side job. I don't think he has access to a computer. :D
http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1&attid=0.1.0.1.0.1&disp=attd&view=att&th=115bceea80c5b0c7

HM
10-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Ever hear of Affirmative Action? :D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Ever hear of Affirmative Action? :D
Yep :D
My question to BnB is a simple one.

HM
10-21-2007, 12:46 PM
My question to BnB is a simple one.
I say....it depends. Kids with criminal/drug backgrounds should definitely be discriminated against. Kids that are born a certain way shouldn't be discriminated against, but just putting them in general population is tough as some kids do need special handling. Luckily, I don't have to make those decisions. My kids are home schooled but get credit thru a public charter school that also pays for their taekwondo.
You guys get all caught up in who answered what when both are avoiding answering directly...and I don't get that argument and is why I stay out of the Political Forum these days...it is like watching a bunch of retards try and hump a door knob.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-21-2007, 01:01 PM
I say....it depends. Kids with criminal/drug backgrounds should definitely be discriminated against. Kids that are born a certain way shouldn't be discriminated against, but just putting them in general population is tough as some kids do need special handling. Luckily, I don't have to make those decisions. My kids are home schooled but get credit thru a public charter school that also pays for their taekwondo.
You guys get all caught up in who answered what when both are avoiding answering directly...and I don't get that argument and is why I stay out of the Political Forum these days...it is like watching a bunch of retards try and hump a door knob.
HM,
I agree about the chemically challenged :)
My only issue in this thread has been someone stating, as fact, that the agenda of a recent CA Senate Bill, is to promote the lifestyles of the Transgender, etc, into the CA public school system. Based on the text on the Senate School, this claim is absolute nonsense.
BYW, you shouldn't knock a doorknob until you've tried one. :D :)

HM
10-21-2007, 01:37 PM
HM,
I agree about the chemically challenged :)
My only issue in this thread has been someone stating, as fact, that the agenda of a recent CA Senate Bill, is to promote the lifestyles of the Transgender, etc, into the CA public school system. Based on the text on the Senate School, this claim is absolute nonsense.
BYW, you shouldn't knock a doorknob until you've tried one. :D :)
i agree that the bill is not "promoting" the lifestyle of the transgender, but it does look like a slippery slope as the saying goes. How many transgender kids are in public school that they need to write a bill about it?

ULTRA26 # 1
10-21-2007, 02:33 PM
i agree that the bill is not "promoting" the lifestyle of the transgender, but it does look like a slippery slope as the saying goes. How many transgender kids are in public school that they need to write a bill about it?
The bill just includes gender and sexuality with race, religion est., with regard to discrimination.
I really don't believe that the people of CA, as strange as they can be, will ever see promoting gayness in schools as a good thing. Maybe I'm just an optimist. :)

jimslade
10-21-2007, 04:39 PM
I don't know what type of "Christian" schools are out there in the desert. My wife teaches at a Christian school in Canada and if your kid used the language that you use bnb. They would be kicked out of the school immmediately. Please don't try and defend morality. It clouds the issue. Please take advise from King Solomon. He writes in Proverbs, its better to be silent and look intelligent than to speak and sound like a fool. God doesn't need people like you defending his cause.

jimslade
10-21-2007, 04:51 PM
The actual text of SB777
Yes, its already does.
Can 25 year old men go to the school of their choice?
Can child molesters get a job teaching children after they have been convicted, even when they say they have been cured. We are all discriminated against in life. Why do male teenagers pay higher insurance premiums? I was a good driver. Why can't teenagers drink and smoke at an early age? Some discrimination is for our own good. Total freedom is a slope to immorality.
I say let the sexually misplaced use the staff washroom. Many of them are confused anyway.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Yes, its already does.
Can child molesters get a job teaching children after they have been convicted, even when they say they have been cured. We are all discriminated against in life. Why do male teenagers pay higher insurance premiums? I was a good driver. Why can't teenagers drink and smoke at an early age? Some discrimination is for our own good. Total freedom is a slope to immorality.
I say let the sexually misplaced use the staff washroom. Many of them are confused anyway.
Jim,
You're right. Guess the question was too broad. Should have asked,
Should the public school system be allowed to discriminate against school children for any reason?
There is nothing anywhere in the Senate Bill that refers to restrooms. The bill just includes gender and sexuality with race, religion est., with regard to discrimination.

thatguy
10-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Yes, its already does.
Maybe the smartest words yet in this thread! :D
Or build a third restroom with a question mark on the door? :eek:
Seriously though, how big a difference will any of this really make, on a day to day basis?
Tommy

jimslade
10-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Jim,
You're right. Guess teh question was too broad. Should have asked,
Should the public school system be allowed to discriminate against school children for any reason?
There is nothing anywhere in the Senate Bill that refers to restrooms. The bill just includes gender and sexuality with race, religion est., with regard to discrimination.
No!
Jim out.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Maybe the smartest words yet in this thread! :D
Or build a third restroom with a question mark on the door? :eek:
Seriously though, how big a difference will any of this really make, on a day to day basis?
Tommy
Tom,
I admire people like jimslade, who live by their beliefs.
You're right the actual law will not make a real difference on a daily basis. I guess tha problem that I have had was reading someone trying to turn something into something it isn't.
No!
Jim out.
Thanks

OutCole'd
10-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Is this thread really still going??:confused: :D

boatsnblondes
10-21-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm gonna do this one last post on this issue, then leave it in my rear view mirror. When I found the original article, I was shocked, yes, as were some, but not all of you. Some decided to read the law as I did, and since reading is interpretive, what I take away from a read article, can be and is possibly different from what another will discern from it. That said, since I don't know or have a studied background in this bill, I have to rely that the folks who wrote it know more than me about it. That there is more to the story than just the article or the bill itself. So I stood my ground on that issue. That the article, and even the bill are not the whole story, that this has been an ongoing item, and that a lot of info got left in the trashbin when it was written. While I tried to say, look at this, or this , or this article, the only proof that was submitted by the other side was only the law itself. Never one article to prove the original article was wrong. Laws are writen in an ambivolant aire on purpose, so that there can be as wide an interpretation as is possible. I do still believe, that whatever caused the author/s of the original article to write such a drastic piece, they knew there was more to the story than what was printed. Those that opposed the article cited religious reasons, called it religious extremism, and dimissed it. On those grounds. They never took into account that sometimes, just sometimes, authors, writing from a religious point of view, could/can be right. I find that saddening...else where are we going to get info that would give us cause to pause on the issue?
As for my family's school. It never has been, nor will it ever be a Christian school. Though the vast majority of our students do come from that background, all are most welcome. I would appreciate it, if in the future, if you need to cite the schools as a referance, please remember this....and do so accordingly..thanks...I'm off this thread....<POOF>:eek:

Eye tiger
01-12-2009, 08:34 PM
So much for bnb