PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Aaron helps save the day again -- Thank you Aaron!!!!!!!

Magic34
10-15-2007, 10:19 PM
I now have my own “Aaron @ Absolute Saves the Day” story.
After a great, relaxing weekend on the lake, Sunday morning we pack up everything at the house and head down to the boat for a few hours on the water before heading home. We enjoy a beautiful Sunday and around 2 PM we go to get the boat on the trailer. Get the boat on the trailer and semi-clean the exterior and head for home leaving the Nautical.
As I start to cross the London Bridge, I see a ton of white smoke and notice 1 tire at a 15-20 degree tilt on my trailer. I stop on the middle of the bridge to let it cool for a few minutes and then slowly, like 3 MPH, continue to get off of the bridge. As soon as I got off of the bridge I pulled to the right, directly in front of the LBR resort and checked out the issue at hand.
I realize I am completely screwed and not moving anywhere with the trailer in this condition. I make a call to a friend to get some contact info of people who can help me in town. I had nothing that could jack my trailer up, one 3 ton jack wonÂ’t do it.
In the middle of that call, I get a tap on my shoulder and this guy says you blew a bearing, let me help. It was Aaron from Absolute. He saw my tire kicked out, pulled over in the LBR parking lot and walked over to help. Now, this was Sunday afternoon at 4 PM. Up until that point, I had never really met Aaron or anyone at Absolute. I had never had done any business with them at all, and been in their shop only 1 time for about 3 minutes in the past.
The easy thing for him would have been to simply pass on by and go home to his kids after a long tiring weekend for him. Nope, he tells me he will be right back and heads to his shop to get some floor jacks and straps. He comes back about 10 minutes later and we jack the trailer up, he climbs under the trailer and straps the axle up. Then he tells me to head to the shop and he will get it all taken care of tomorrow when the trailer shop opens.
I head down to Absolute at 9:45AM this morning and my boat is already at the trailer shop.
Without his help, the situation would have been very stressful. I had my 4 month old and 3 y/o in the truck and that would have been terror for my wife and I if he wasnÂ’t there.
I owe Aaron a HUGE thank you for his help on a Sunday afternoon. I donÂ’t have a boat that blows motors and drivers every month or needs service once a week. I have a boat that would need very little from them and he stopped to help me when I was in need. Again, Aaron, thanks you!!!
If any of you EVER need any work done in Havasu, the positive stories you read on this site are very much true. You donÂ’t have to be their best customer to feel like one. Aaron and his team will take care of you regardless of the issue and you will feel very satisfied with the service they give you! As I said, the stories you read of praise for Absolute and Aaron are very much true.
For me, I need a new axle because my spindle was destroyed which was another pain in my ass. My trailer has special axles and I had to call the trailer mfg out of Texas to get it and I had to have it galvanized. So, this is at least a $2000 fix to my trailer alone for the new axle installed. :eek: :(
I look at it this way, it happened at 25 MPH at almost the ideal spot being in the middle of town and a great person was just 4 minutes behind me to help. I couldnÂ’t imagine going through this on the I10 at 70 MPH.
AgainÂ… Aaron, a big thank you!!!! Anyone else need a great, not good, great shopÂ… Use Absolute.

BigDoug
10-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Your right !!....Aaron is a good guy and im glad to hear you got help, it could've turned out worse. :D

Throttle
10-15-2007, 10:29 PM
i missed the opportunity to meet him on saturday, we were on the beach when he pulled up, but didnt want to interupt his play time.
thats great he got u handled & on your way... have a safe trip... or two.

Magic34
10-15-2007, 10:33 PM
i missed the opportunity to meet him on saturday, we were on the beach when he pulled up, but didnt want to interupt his play time.
thats great he got u handled & on your way... have a safe trip... or two.
Well, not on my way yet... Boat is at Absolute :) and axle is coming from Texas. I am trying to give him any work the boat needs done, but just had a long list done by Sun Country here in Phoenix who also did a great job.

DILLIGAF
10-15-2007, 10:59 PM
That is a good story and one worth sharing. One question for you....Isn't your trailer brand new?

Magic34
10-15-2007, 11:08 PM
That is a good story and one worth sharing. One question for you....Isn't your trailer brand new?
No, but not used much. Built in Jan of 06. Towed out to CA from TX less 5 months from being built. In CA, probably less than 30 miles went on it until I bought it. So, from TX to CA and then some time to and from the ramp about 3 times in CA. Then I have the boat delivered in April from CA to AZ. I have put about 1200 miles on it at most. So less than 5000 miles total. :(
I asked the trailer shop it is at now, they said the trailer is stout and the axles are very nice. I dont know what happened.

DILLIGAF
10-15-2007, 11:31 PM
No, but not used much. Built in Jan of 06. Towed out to CA from TX less 5 months from being built. In CA, probably less than 30 miles went on it until I bought it. So, from TX to CA and then some time to and from the ramp about 3 times in CA. Then I have the boat delivered in April from CA to AZ. I have put about 1200 miles on it at most. So less than 5000 miles total. :(
I asked the trailer shop it is at now, they said the trailer is stout and the axles are very nice. I dont know what happened.
Nothing would be covered by the mfr? I am sure your trailer cost a fair amount of money. I had it happen to me one time but my trailer was about 4 years old at the time.
Glad things are being handled and it happened where it did though.....

Wozencraft
10-16-2007, 12:05 AM
I second the praise to Aaron @ Absolute Speed & Marine. He and his staff have taken care of my boat for the past 3 years. They are always very helpful and very fair on there pricing. I recommend you give them a try next time you need service.
And how about that POKER RUN?!?!?!? What a great weekend! Thank you Aaron AND Cheryl for putting on such a great event! Also, big THANK YOU to Todd @ Jokers Wild Promotions for organizing the event.
Devin Wozencraft

Todd969
10-16-2007, 06:02 AM
Saw your boat yesterday at Mohave Hitch and asked Dennis what happened. He lead me around to the axle,OUCH!!!
Aaron and co are great people for sure.:D

phebus
10-16-2007, 06:30 AM
Towing that boat is like moving a house. Poor trailer. :(

Magic34
10-16-2007, 07:23 AM
Nothing would be covered by the mfr?
I am going to see what they would do for me now. I just needed to get the parts on the way ASAP while I was still there.

Magic34
10-16-2007, 07:23 AM
Saw your boat yesterday at Mohave Hitch and asked Dennis what happened. He lead me around to the axle,OUCH!!!
Aaron and co are great people for sure.:D
Dennis seems to be a good guy also.

That Guy
10-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Great story and Aaron and the Absolute team have never done anything but take great care of my family and our boat.....nice job Aaron! :)
Very classy to stop and help....if I remember right he did a similar thing when Jay blew a tire or had some type of trailer problem a couple of years ago and Aaron drove out (quite a few miles if I remember correctly) and took care of Jay as well....good karma coming your way brother!

Jyruiz
10-16-2007, 07:37 AM
I have taken my boat to them a couple of times, they are great people to deal with.

Hardly Satisfied
10-16-2007, 07:46 AM
I am going to see what they would do for me now. I just needed to get the parts on the way ASAP while I was still there.
Sorry to hear what happen to you, Maybe it was good that it happen there than somewere in the middle of nowhere, It was nice meeting you and the family saturday night.

Magic34
10-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Sorry to hear what happen to you, Maybe it was good that it happen there than somewere in the middle of nowhere, It was nice meeting you and the family saturday night.
Exactly. As expensive as this is going to be, I find some comfort knowing that it happened at a slow speed and where help could be found, or in this case just show up.
Nice meeting you guys as well. :)

hkunz
10-16-2007, 08:02 AM
I gotta chime in with my "great service from Aaron at Absolute" story. Saturday of 4th of July weekend, the boat just dies out in the lake, right off Windsor. No power, just kind of limps along. Thinking fuel, I walk into town from the Campground to Shimmer Marine and get a fuel filter. Not that far, but at 115, it was a challenge. Anyway, that doesn't fix it. The grandkids play on the beach and we limp the boat to the ramp and take it out and back to the house. I get into it about 6 PM, can't figure it out, so start calling around. Aaron answers at Absolute, tells me what the real problem is over the phone. I ask if he has the parts and when he will be open. He says "come on down", and about 8 PM I get down there to pick up the parts. I don't know the answers to some of his questions about the model of drive setup, so he gives me both parts it could be. Then, he says he doesn't know how to run the CC machine, so he gives me the parts and says to come back in the morning on Tuesday. I'm thinking, "what century is this"?
I get the boat fixed by 11, and we take it out all weekend with the kiddos, swimming and skiing. Tuesday I drop by and bring back the extra parts and pay them. Just amazing - helped me troubleshoot, let me take two sets of parts without payment, or even taking my name, and talked me through the whole thing. We didn't have a regular boat mechanic until then; now we do - Absolute. And when out little 6.2 B1 Cheetah goes in for service, they take good care of it, even covering it while it is waiting for us to pick up.

Sherpa
10-16-2007, 08:05 AM
it's nice to have things work out like that.. bummer about the axle.
If it was mine, I'd check/service ALL the bearings now before driving
another foot......
--Sherpa

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 08:08 AM
I totally understand and would do the same thing. It would be nice to see the mfr of the trailer also step up to the plate.
When my failure occured it was just prior to going down the Cajon pass. Going down the pass could have been a major problem -vs- where it happened. Had to spend the night in Victorville :( The alternative to going down that mountain was much worse though :)

Magic34
10-16-2007, 08:09 AM
If it was mine, I'd check/service ALL the bearings now before driving
another foot......
--Sherpa
Then you and I are alike. :D

MBlaster
10-16-2007, 08:12 AM
That is very good pub for Absolute.

Magic34
10-16-2007, 10:02 AM
That is very good pub for Absolute.
They deserve everyone giving them a chance for the biz. They earned mine for sure.
If Sun Country Marine (Formula dealer) here in Phoenix didn't do such a good job with my boat last week, I would make the 3 1/2 hour drive to Absolute for every little thing I needed.

HDF WATERDOG
10-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Ok, I've heard enough, My boat will need servicing next trip out. If somebody would please post a phone #.

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 12:50 PM
They deserve everyone giving them a chance for the biz. They earned mine for sure.
If Sun Country Marine (Formula dealer) here in Phoenix didn't do such a good job with my boat last week, I would make the 3 1/2 hour drive to Absolute for every little thing I needed.
Well, it seems the forgot to service your trailer :)
When my boat went in to Shockwave recently I had the trailer completely serviced and a few new bunks put on. I only haul my boat back to CA a couple of times a year. Other than that it is down to the launch ramp and back in the garage. Round trip is very close to the house.
What is that saying....An ounce of prevention....and shit! Or something like that.
:)

phebus
10-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Went to Casa Fernandez for a burrito, and saw the boat. Still waiting on the axle.....

Magic34
10-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Went to Casa Fernandez for a burrito, and saw the boat. Still waiting on the axle.....
Thanks for that Rick. LOL!!!

Magic34
10-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, it seems the forgot to service your trailer :)
When my boat went in to Shockwave recently I had the trailer completely serviced and a few new bunks put on. I only haul my boat back to CA a couple of times a year. Other than that it is down to the launch ramp and back in the garage. Round trip is very close to the house.
What is that saying....An ounce of prevention....and shit! Or something like that.
:)
I was told when I bought it that they were oil bath bearings and only needed a fluid change after so many miles or years. Basically service free. Well, come to find out, they are not oil bath, they just look like it.

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 01:27 PM
I was told when I bought it that they were oil bath bearings and only needed a fluid change after so many miles or years. Basically service free. Well, come to find out, they are not oil bath, they just look like it.
Mine are oil and I thought it might be a problem getting it serviced but Shockwave got me taken care of at Extreme while it was there.
Regardless I am glad it worked out as it did for you.
PM me on how to pick up some more dri-wash please. I am out and my girlfried just picked up a Harley so I have more shit to clean now :)
Thanks

Magic34
10-16-2007, 01:47 PM
PM me on how to pick up some more dri-wash please. I am out and my girlfried just picked up a Harley so I have more shit to clean now :)
Thanks
Sweet, my axle was expensive. :D :D :jawdrop:

USCFAN
10-16-2007, 02:41 PM
How was the burrito?:D

phebus
10-16-2007, 02:44 PM
How was the burrito?:D
Still waiting on an antacid. :D
Actually very good. They have great carnitas. :cool:

phebus
10-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Oh, and Aaron was there too. Funny how these things go full circle.:rollside:

voodoomedman
10-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Absolute has always done me right.