PDA

View Full Version : The Colorado Rockies are AWESOME and last night rocked!!!

Boozer
10-16-2007, 07:50 AM
So Last night I headed downtown with a friend of mine. He just moved here from SoCal and couldn't have picked a better time. We hit up a bar about a half block from Coors field. The bar had a projector playing the game on a wall outside on the patio, in true Colorado fashion we insisted on watching the game outside in 40 degree weather.
After several pitchers of beer and 9 innings of baseball downtown Denver became home to the second biggest party of the year here (The First will be when we win the world series). The streets became flooded with people, bars had 20-30 minute long lines, and there were smokin hot chicks everywhere. Mind you this was at midnight on a Monday.
At 2am last call came around and I realized I had to be to work in 5 hours. So.. here I am, at work, really hungover, feeling miserable, and knowing that it's worth every minute of it because last night was incredible. I can't wait for the world series.
GO ROCKIES!!!!!

Moneypitt
10-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Boozer, the Rockies have a great team. Their defense is second to none, and their offense seems to get the runs across. However, the D Backs are not the Sox or the Indians. The D Backs lacked the skill to play/manage fundamental baseball. I've coached little league teams with more base running skills/instincts, and what manager green lights a 3-0 count to the tieing run in the top of the ninth?......Safe runner walked away from the base, tagged out, another runner grossly over slid second, out.....These mental errors throughout the series gave the Rockies a walk over, something the Sox or Indians won't be giving away......Lets hope for a good series, one that lasts 7 games, 7 close games..........And played to the World Series level, not some sand lot "free for all" of mental mistakes....Real Major league baseball.....MP

Chubby4Life
10-16-2007, 08:20 AM
So Last night I headed downtown with a friend of mine. He just moved here from SoCal and couldn't have picked a better time. We hit up a bar about a half block from Coors field. The bar had a projector playing the game on a wall outside on the patio, in true Colorado fashion we insisted on watching the game outside in 40 degree weather.
After several pitchers of beer and 9 innings of baseball downtown Denver became home to the second biggest party of the year here (The First will be when we win the world series). The streets became flooded with people, bars had 20-30 minute long lines, and there were smokin hot chicks everywhere. Mind you this was at midnight on a Monday.
At 2am last call came around and I realized I had to be to work in 5 hours. So.. here I am, at work, really hungover, feeling miserable, and knowing that it's worth every minute of it because last night was incredible. I can't wait for the world series.
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
What a great time to be a Rockies fan. Congrats, they deserve to be were they are.:)
On a side note though, why do TV anouncers always give stupid team stats. Like: "The Rockies are 79-0 when going into the 9th leading"? Thats the same as saying The Devil Rays went 66-0 when leading after 27 outs.

ChumpChange
10-16-2007, 08:25 AM
What a great time to be a Rockies fan. Congrats, they deserve to be were they are.:)
On a side note though, why do TV anouncers always give stupid team stats. Like: "The Rockies are 79-0 when going into the 9th leading"? Thats the same as saying The Devil Rays went 66-0 when leading after 27 outs.
Baseball IS the game of statistics. It's what makes the games memorable. There is a stat for everything in baseball. It's insane. If you were a broadcaster, what would you talk about for three hours a night for that many games in a season?

Chubby4Life
10-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Baseball IS the game of statistics. It's what makes the games memorable. There is a stat for everything in baseball. It's insane. If you were a broadcaster, what would you talk about for three hours a night for that many games in a season?
Understood, but how many times have you heard Vin Scully or any of the other HOF announcers (in any sport) spout out stupid stats. I guess without meaningless stats, you would just have "dead air" most of the game.

Moneypitt
10-16-2007, 08:55 AM
The Indians are not an experienced baseball team. In fact, I believe they're the 3rd youngest team in MLB.
And, in terms of swinging 3-0, it's probably the best pitch you're going to get to hit against Corpas. You know he's going to throw a strike, thinking you're taking and not wanting to walk the tying run.
True. But he has just thrown 3 straight balls trying to kiss the edges of the strike zone, unsucessfully.....Take that strike, make him throw 2 more.....Age and experience has little to do with the D Backs mistakes, or the Indians youthful player's ability to play fundamental baseball....Note the last hitter's check swing dribbler to end it..... I think the Rockies gloves were the deciding factor in this sweep. Their awesome play in the field was fun to watch.....MP

Ziggy
10-16-2007, 09:10 AM
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!
ooops, wrong thread :D:D

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 06:08 PM
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
Think the Tribe will be a cake walk?
Be Careful
Very Careful:idea:

Not So Fast
10-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Good luck to the Rockies!! They are on a roll, hope all the days off dont f--k up their Karma. NSF

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 07:46 PM
They said of the six? teams that have had at least a week off, only one has ever lost the WS. It was Detroit last season.
The Rockies are not playing American League quality teams,time will tell. I will say if they do not look great in the series it will say volumes about their win run and their competition.