PDA

View Full Version : somethings never change.......

riverbound
10-16-2007, 12:15 PM
http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5324
Now before all you naysayers jump my $hit about me being an asshole. Let me point out that I have received MULITPLE PMs letting me know about this. and they all were past associates that said "You were right about that guy" Now he has moved onto othr boards. I wouldnt have brought it up, but Im guessing someone wanted me to start a thread about this.
I just found it extremely ironic he didnt come here and beg for money.:idea:
<----still waiting for the lawsuit Papers that he was talking about. :idea: Just spent all morning with my lawyer, Im already paying them for one thing, might as well throw another on there and maybe I will get a bulk discount :D

riverbound
10-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Oh, and I will be busy today (packing and traveling) so it will be fun to check in through out the day and see where it goes.

djunkie
10-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Asshole!!!!!!! Oh and F.U.N.!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Moneypitt
10-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Oh, and I will be busy today (packing and traveling) so it will be fun to check in through out the day and see where it goes.
Get a life.........Or buy one if that is what it takes........MP

That Guy
10-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Billy...????:confused: :confused:

riverbound
10-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Get a life.........Or buy one if that is what it takes........MP
:D :D
I find this EXTREMELY funny coming from you.

Brewzed
I like how one of the guys offers him any type of fuel he may need for the race and his next post he is still asking for cash for fuel.

BarryMac
Hmm, he races a boat (not a cheap hobby when you're not racing) and he doesn't have $150 for an entry fee or $225 for fuel? Maybe he should give up on Racing his Boat and switch to racing Big Wheels... :rolleyes:

riverbound
10-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Didn't you predict this?
Might have to change your screen name to swami:D
LOL...actually most of the Pms quoted me saying, "I wonder how long until he starts begging for money again" (or something like that)

dc96819
If he cant afford it why race:idea:

riverbound
I like how one of the guys offers him any type of fuel he may need for the race and his next post he is still asking for cash for fuel.
;) ;) ;)

Ziggy
10-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Glad boating is just a family hobby for me........
Anyone willing to fuel sponsor a day of boating for my wife and kids? :)

HM
10-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Didn't you predict this?
Might have to change your screen name to swami:D
PWNED
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41227&d=1192566858

djunkie
10-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Is it too early for this? :jawdrop: :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41229&stc=1&d=1192567012

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-16-2007, 12:37 PM
hi Bill! Let me know what kind of deal you get on that life you need to buy. :) No wait! Maybe you can take someone's leftover life! aaaaaaaahahahhahaha
;)

WYRD
10-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Sure tell them to hop aboard:D

HM
10-16-2007, 12:39 PM
As long as your boat runs on Methane. Pull my finger. :D

riverbound
10-16-2007, 12:40 PM
hi Bill! Let me know what kind of deal you get on that life you need to buy. :) No wait! Maybe you can take someone's leftover life! aaaaaaaahahahhahaha
;)
Herro. :D

riverbound
10-16-2007, 12:42 PM
If its any consolation, I was going to have my truck wrapped in support of codeblue racing. Figured it would be funny to have "Go code Blue racing!!!" down the entire side of my truck. But they couldnt get it done in time, Ironicaly enough it would have been similar in costs to his fule needs. :D

djunkie
10-16-2007, 12:47 PM
If its any consolation, I was going to have my truck wrapped in support of codeblue racing. Figured it would be funny to have "Go code Blue racing!!!" down the entire side of my truck. But they couldnt get it done in time, Ironicaly enough it would have been similar in costs to his fule needs. :D
Are you looking for a donation for that? If so I've got $5 on it. :D :D

riverbound
10-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Are you looking for a donation for that? If so I've got $5 on it. :D :D
Nah, I pay for my own hobbies :D

Ziggy
10-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy
Anyone willing to fuel sponsor a day of boating for my wife and kids?Sure tell them to hop aboard:D
As long as your boat runs on Methane. Pull my finger.
How about some cash instead guys, that way I can buy good stuff, I mean good gas... :D:D
Midgets have fingers?:confused: :idea: :D :D

That Guy
10-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Can someone fill in the blanks????:confused:

pw_Tony
10-16-2007, 12:50 PM
I don't get it. If a guy is asking for help, possibly sponsors, then what's the big deal?
It's not like he's trying to sell people stuff without the intention of sending it to them(I'm talking present date btw)
If people want to help then let them help, why go on about what a douche he is?
People on this site sent money to the sunk boat guy, at least EPM is being straight and honest.
shit man... I guess I just don't get it

IMPATIENT 1
10-16-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't get it. If a guy is asking for help, possibly sponsors, then what's the big deal?
It's not like he's trying to sell people stuff without the intention of sending it to them(I'm talking present date btw)
People on this site sent money to the sunk boat guy, at least EPM is being straight and honest.
i agree. jim may not be the best business man but he's a alright guy and he's helped me a few times when i needed it, never tried to sell me anything either.
i think alot of you guys have forgotten what its like to want to do something and have other priorities that consume every last drop of a paycheck.i'd love to go race at the tracks but there's no way i could afford it after buyin new parts/gas and all my other important responsiblities. i do believe that's what a sponsor is for, which it seems jim is lookin for in that link post.i wish jim luck find 1!

HM
10-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Did you mean he is looking for a Fool Sponsor? :D

riverbound
10-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Did you mean he is looking for a Fool Sponsor? :D
oops guess I should have spell checked it :jawdrop:

phebus
10-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Where do I get the tee shirts? :D

riverbound
10-16-2007, 01:36 PM
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6817/rbswamive2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
:D
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-16-2007, 01:39 PM
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6817/rbswamive2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
LMAO, Bill, you look hot! ;)

Nord
10-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Maybe you should register over there and put a link to the old HB thread??

OCMerrill
10-16-2007, 01:43 PM
You haven't been here long enough and I came to HB just after but this guy dissapeared. He is sketchy at best from what I have read. Has no problem getting into peoples pockets.
What gets me here is he was just at IRVINE LAKE a few months back letting his daughter race? Is that right Riverbound?

Her454
10-16-2007, 01:47 PM
So, if I understand correctly Squirtin Thunder (Jim) is asking for basically a donation to help him race again?
This is after all the self induced public scutiny regarding his financial situation and him owing others?
None of my business but it sure seems pretty brazen to ASK people for money to race. WTH? If you can't afford an entry fee or fuel for a race, you shouldn't be at the starting line. Just my .02.
BTW, can someone fund my trip to Cancun this year, I'm short about 2K. But I'm good for it. Really. :D
i agree. jim may not be the best business man but he's a alright guy and he's helped me a few times when i needed it, never tried to sell me anything either.
i think alot of you guys have forgotten what its like to want to do something and have other priorities that consume every last drop of a paycheck.i'd love to go race at the tracks but there's no way i could afford it after buyin new parts/gas and all my other important responsiblities. i do believe that's what a sponsor is for, which it seems jim is lookin for in that link post.i wish jim luck find 1!
How do most people obtain a sponsor? This just doesn't seem right to me when I know others out there are struggling as well to go out and race. If they can't afford it they prioritize and sit one out.

riverbound
10-16-2007, 01:47 PM
You haven't been here long enough and I came to HB just after but this guy dissapeared. He is sketchy at best from what I have read. Has no problem getting into peoples pockets.
What gets me here is he was just at IRVINE LAKE a few months back letting his daughter race? Is that right Riverbound?
Actually I think his daughter raced in LB and did quite well. at age 9 0r 10 one is not capable of making the money to race. from what I gather she went out and gathered sponsors and did well. she did an awesome job (IMO) I applaud her efforts and hope she does very well.

That Guy
10-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Bill pm'd my brain back to me and now I remember the original problem with this guy....getting old sucks....:D

Her454
10-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Actually I think his daughter raced in LB and did quite well. at age 9 0r 10 one is not capable of making the money to race. from what I gather she went out and gathered sponsors and did well. she did an awesome job (IMO) I applaud her efforts and hope she does very well.
I completely agree. And kids are different. Most are obviously not capable of earning what an adult makes and people are a little more willing to help a kid get started. Congrats to her and all her efforts.

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 01:52 PM
BTW, can someone fund my trip to Cancun this year, I'm short about 2K. But I'm good for it. Really. :D
Sure T...Look for the check in your mailbox :)

Her454
10-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Sure T...Look for the check in your mailbox :)
Yea right. You'll blow my trip money in Hawaii next week. :D

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Yea right. You'll blow my trip money in Hawaii next week. :D
lol....Hope things are well up in them thar hills...and shit
:)

riverbound
10-16-2007, 01:56 PM
So, if I understand correctly Squirtin Thunder (Jim) is asking for basically a donation to help him race again?
This is after all the self induced public scutiny regarding his financial situation and him owing others?
None of my business but it sure seems pretty brazen to ASK people for money to race. WTH? If you can't afford an entry fee or fuel for a race, you shouldn't be at the starting line. Just my .02.
How do most people obtain a sponsor? This just doesn't seem right to me when I know others out there are struggling as well to go out and race. If they can't afford it they prioritize and sit one out.
funny thing is he hit up quite a few different forums and got shot down on a couple of them. I know of some that even got DELETED. :idea:

pw_Tony
10-16-2007, 01:58 PM
If someone wants to put their buisness sticker on your boat for advertisement, then why not charge for it?
Maybe I don't get it, that's just how I thought some racing and sponsorships worked

riverbound
10-16-2007, 01:59 PM
If someone wants to put their buisness sticker on your boat for advertisement, then why not charge for it?
Maybe I don't get it, that's just how I thought some racing and sponsorships worked
You should sponsor him then :D

pw_Tony
10-16-2007, 02:03 PM
You should sponsor him then :D
No way jose.... broke as a joke...

riverbound
10-16-2007, 02:05 PM
No way jose.... broke as a joke...
why arent you racing then??

topless
10-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Maybe I don't get it, that's just how I thought some racing and sponsorships workedHere's a sticker
http://www.coolarchive.com/logogenerator/upl/6560117106_382057.jpg

OCMerrill
10-16-2007, 02:09 PM
That is what I thought. Reason I state this was my perception that pops must be on the up and up...out and about in the community getting his daughter going in the sport. Maybe doing a little better financially? I was surprised to read the thread you posted.
Kudos to his daughter. Getting her own sponsors is fantastic. What a go getter.
I should reserve any comments on S...T...... sense it was a bit before my time here on the boards.
We were going to come out this weekend but got Echo on the phone a bit late. They are busy.

HM
10-16-2007, 02:14 PM
why arent you racing then??
Tony should think about doing an illegal raffel. :D

riverbound
10-16-2007, 02:20 PM
:D :D

topless
10-16-2007, 02:21 PM
A pyramid scheme might work too.:idea:

Racey
10-16-2007, 02:22 PM
As long as your boat runs on Methane. Pull my finger. :D
Ultimate Siggy Quote!!! :D :D

BowTie Rick
10-16-2007, 02:29 PM
If any money exchanges hands, a written and signed contract is a must. For product support, a written proposal outlining past accomplishments, future goals, a schedule of events to attend, etc. is what is submitted. As those events take place, writing the sponsor back about how you did and supplying photographs is expected. Many companies sell the products at a greatly reduced price to sponsored drivers. If the driver keeps in contact and supplies results and images, they get their money back at the end of the year. If the driver does nothing, the company at least got the cost of the goods back. Its more than a trade for a sticker. It is a partnership.

Her454
10-16-2007, 02:31 PM
If any money exchanges hands, a written and signed contract is a must. For product support, a written proposal outlining past accomplishments, future goals, a schedule of events to attend, etc. is what is submitted. As those events take place, writing the sponsor back about how you did and supplying photographs is expected. Many companies sell the products at a greatly reduced price to sponsored drivers. If the driver keeps in contact and supplies results and images, they get their money back at the end of the year. If the driver does nothing, the company at least got the cost of the goods back. Its more than a trade for a sticker. It is a partnership.
Does this mean I have to supply DILLIGAF pics of my Cancun Trip?

BowTie Rick
10-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Uploading them here will suffice :D

OCMerrill
10-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Somewhere on your person might go his company name? Read the contract closely.:D

AZJD
10-16-2007, 02:41 PM
So does this mean I have to outline my goals when asking for money to go to the lake too?
Drink
Get Drunk
See titties
See ass
Drink some more
Sober up
Go home
Show me the money!:D
And here is my team sticker:
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e270/azjd/78_1.jpg

BowTie Rick
10-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Perfect, the check is in the mail. ;)

pw_Tony
10-16-2007, 03:02 PM
I completely agree.

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 03:18 PM
HAHA....I don't need them personally and will spread the wealth. Post em' here for all to enjoy :)

HM
10-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Does Cancun have a nude beach?

Her454
10-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Ok fine. Here is the deal. I want a month in Cancun and whomever is willing to sponsor my vacation I'll post all the pics you want and put your name right about the motor tat on my back for advertisement.
Sounds like a deal. :D
Start sendin those checks...................

Goad
10-16-2007, 04:52 PM
No Comment. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon13.gif

topless
10-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Ok fine. Here is the deal. I want a month in Cancun and whomever is willing to sponsor my vacation I'll post all the pics you want and put your name right about the motor tat on my back for advertisement.
Sounds like a deal. :D
Start sendin those checks...................Squirtin Thunder, are you impersonating Her454?????:idea:
We Know Traci wouln't beg for money so that she can do things she can't afford herself.

HM
10-16-2007, 05:09 PM
No Comment. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon13.gif
Wasn't that a comment? :D

Her454
10-16-2007, 05:18 PM
We Know Traci wouln't beg for money so that she can do things she can't afford herself.
Never!:eek: :D

Baja Big Dog
10-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Im hungry, can anyone kick in a few hundies, if your buying Im eatin good!!!!:D

riverbound
10-16-2007, 05:52 PM
the PMs Im getting in response to this are more fun than the thread :D

riverbound
10-16-2007, 05:54 PM
when I used to build and sponsor cars. it was the same deal. We werent just giving money/product/labor. for a sticker, there were demands, requirements invovled and it truy was a PARTNERSHIP. not smeone funding anothers hobby. But what do I know......I have been around racing and cars my whole life ;)

DeltaSigBoater
10-16-2007, 06:40 PM
the PMs Im getting in response to this are more fun than the thread :D
Post some of those :D

76ANTHONY
10-16-2007, 06:49 PM
http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5324
Now before all you naysayers jump my $hit about me being an asshole. Let me point out that I have received MULITPLE PMs letting me know about this. and they all were past associates that said "You were right about that guy" Now he has moved onto othr boards. I wouldnt have brought it up, but Im guessing someone wanted me to start a thread about this.
I just found it extremely ironic he didnt come here and beg for money.:idea:
<----still waiting for the lawsuit Papers that he was talking about. :idea: Just spent all morning with my lawyer, Im already paying them for one thing, might as well throw another on there and maybe I will get a bulk discount :D
I'D just like to take this time to say " rb your an azzhole":D :D :D

riverbound
10-16-2007, 07:16 PM
in respect to keeping PMs private. I won't post them.
I will see if I can put together a cliffnotes version ;)

Jordy
10-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Now before all you naysayers jump my $hit about me being an asshole.
Asshole. :notam:
OK, now I'm going to go read the thread. :D

Jordy
10-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Where do I get the tee shirts? :D
You didn't get the memo??? You're supplying the t-shirts this year, at least as far as the invoice from the vendor is concerned. :notam:
Jim must have sold her bike and a few other toys to pay for that one. :notam:

Sleeper CP
10-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Tony should think about doing an illegal raffel. :D:
:idea: To do list: Clean garage and storage shed, take pictures to post on
***boat of boat and engine parts. I can call this a raffle...hummm
Item number 1: American Turbine 9.25 SS impeller cut to an A
Item number 2: Hooker Headers fit.......
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

topless
10-16-2007, 08:37 PM
I will see if I can put together a cliffnotes version ;)You don't have tp post who wrote them, just what was said will be enough to make us happy.
:idea:

DeltaSigBoater
10-16-2007, 08:49 PM
I will see if I can put together a cliffnotes version ;)
waiting patiently :D

riverbound
10-16-2007, 09:23 PM
just landed and have an hour plus drive to the store. :(

riverbound
10-16-2007, 09:23 PM

topless
10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Then whatcha waiting for?

DeltaSigBoater
10-16-2007, 09:51 PM
No :D
Hurry :D

Riverdog1
10-16-2007, 10:35 PM
I would say "what a bunch of dicks", but what do I know. Many here are big ballers so put your company's name on the boat...errr, maybe not.
$225...c'mon. Sell ass crack at the corner for that:D :D
Sponsors pay for motor programs not just fuel. I can spend that in beer on the lake in a day.:D
It costs more than that for a race fan to come to the races to watch...
OK, no more shit talking for me, I just thought that request was rediculous

Intolerance
10-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Fock this guy and everything he stands for, which isn't much.
He can barely afford a pot to piss in and he wants to leech off everyone else to pay his way for a hobby.
Ya know, I can understand if times were tough and he needed some cash to pay rent, medical bills, or keep the power on - but to go to this race isn't required to support your family.
So an open letter to this fool: Get your finances straight before you go begging for money. You are a coward by asking unsuspecting people who are unaware of your history for money. This is only obvious since you picked and chose which sites to post this sappy plea for money.
And to anyone who wants to sponsor this guy: watch out. Why would you want to sponsor a last place boat? This guy runs a "shop" :rolleyes: but he cant even get his own boat to perform. What a joke. He preys on unsuspecting people and puts them in awkward situations to get them to pay up. As time goes on, you see that people that are friends with this guy aren't for very long.
You are pathetic in every way possible.
If it wasn't for the fact I live on the other side of the country from this event, I would be there with a sandwich board walking around exploiting how much of a scam artist this man is.

Intolerance
10-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Damn!!! :sqeyes:
Is this from your experience? Or from everyone else’s experience
a little of both.

RiverToysJas
10-17-2007, 09:14 AM
a little of both.
Well don't let him get your goad...I mean goat. :devil:
RTJas :D

Jordy
10-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Very subtle RTJ. :D

RiverToysJas
10-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Very subtle RTJ. :D
:D .....Sorry, my crappy typing is always causing problems. :D

riverbound
10-17-2007, 10:11 AM
He can barely afford a pot to piss in and he wants to leech off everyone else to pay his way for a hobby.
Ya know, I can understand if times were tough and he needed some cash to pay rent, medical bills, or keep the power on - but to go to this race isn't required to support your family.
So an open letter to this fool: Get your finances straight before you go begging for money. You are a coward by asking unsuspecting people who are unaware of your history for money. This is only obvious since you picked and chose which sites to post this sappy plea for money.
And to anyone who wants to sponsor this guy: watch out. Why would you want to sponsor a last place boat? This guy runs a "shop" :rolleyes: but he cant even get his own boat to perform. What a joke. He preys on unsuspecting people and puts them in awkward situations to get them to pay up. As time goes on, you see that people that are friends with this guy aren't for very long.
If it wasn't for the fact I live on the other side of the country from this event, I would be there with a sandwich board walking around exploiting how much of a scam artist this man is.
LOL. I love aliases. :D
Maybe ST will be adding Intolerance to his lawsuit ;)

Her454
10-17-2007, 10:12 AM
LOL. I love aliases. :D
Maybe ST will be adding Intolerance to his lawsuit ;)
Lawsuit? Do I need to re-read this thread or did I miss something somewhere else?:eek:

riverbound
10-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Im pretty sure I can find plenty of voluneers to sport that sandwich board for you;) We will also be showing our support for a nother fine example of what racing has become (but that one is a surprise ;))

riverbound
10-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Lawsuit? Do I need to re-read this thread or did I miss something somewhere else?:eek:
It was brought up in one of the many past threads about the amazing human being that is Jim. Actually if I remember correctly ST was walking around some races telling people that he was suing RD and I for slander. the guy cant come up with $150 for entry fees yet he walks around like he has a lawyer on retainer. Its actually quite comical.