PDA

View Full Version : Help on Chevy Cavalier

Riverdog1
10-16-2007, 05:39 PM
I went to start up late Grandma's li'l toad today and I could barely get it started. When it did light I had to keep my foot in it to keep it lit. I sounded aweful and felt like it was missing an all cylinders but my gut tels me there is a huge air leak somewhere in order to use that much fuel and not flood it. I think it's a '99 or 2000 and it only has 25K mi on it. It ran fine for the 30 miles from Sun City West to Goodyear and hasn't been started in just about 10 days.
Any Mechanics out there with some info would be greatly appreciated. It has the 2.2 4 cylinder. It does sound like a huge air leak, but where to look??
Thanks in advance...

PHOTOGLOU
10-16-2007, 06:31 PM
I went to start up late Grandma's li'l toad today and I could barely get it started. When it did light I had to keep my foot in it to keep it lit. I sounded aweful and felt like it was missing an all cylinders but my gut tels me there is a huge air leak somewhere in order to use that much fuel and not flood it. I think it's a '99 or 2000 and it only has 25K mi on it. It ran fine for the 30 miles from Sun City West to Goodyear and hasn't been started in just about 10 days.
Any Mechanics out there with some info would be greatly appreciated. It has the 2.2 4 cylinder. It does sound like a huge air leak, but where to look??
Thanks in advance...
Call the local chevy dealer see if they will "good will" part of the repair. This will require a GM authorization.... Good luck....

KLEPTOW
10-16-2007, 06:44 PM
If it's fuel infected "New Fuel Filter".