PDA

View Full Version : Balboa Island Rental

Community
10-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Anyone have one? Looking for one from 12/26 thru 1/1/07.
Thanks.

Jordy
10-16-2007, 07:13 PM
There are quite a few available based upon walks around the island before we moved out of our summer house. There are a couple main people who have the lion share of the listings. Big Warlock would be a good one to talk to about who to use. I know our Summer girl was nothing to write home about. :)

DeltaSigBoater
10-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Anyone have one? Looking for one from 12/26 thru 1/1/07.
Thanks.
I know this doesnt help your search...
There are quite a few available based upon walks around the island before we moved out of our summer house. There are a couple main people who have the lion share of the listings. Big Warlock would be a good one to talk to about who to use. I know our Summer girl was nothing to write home about. :)
But a friend of mine's (rip) family had such a place, bitchen in the dark, but an eye sore in the day light. Anyhow, New Years Eve 2003 we had a party, by 11pm there were well over 200 people. :D About 12:15 the NBPD show up to shut down the party. In the interim my friend, my brother, myself start talking to the cops, come to find out that we had the largest and loudest party not only on Balboa Island, but in all of Newport Beach.
:D

Jordy
10-16-2007, 07:29 PM
But a friend of mine's (rip) family had such a place, bitchen in the dark, but an eye sore in the day light.
Yeah, that's lots of $5M plus houses on the water on Balboa and Newport... Lots of old houses that need to be torn down and rebuilt. People pay extra money just for the dock space as that's hard to come by and they're pretty much denying every new dock permit that comes in...

Community
10-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Maybe I will go down and take a walk - Thanks.

dirty old man
10-17-2007, 11:59 AM
3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath, 2 car garage, split level on bay, $2,000 per day, slip,$10,000 damage deposit, 1 week min

Magic34
10-17-2007, 12:13 PM
If you want a nice place to stay right on the beach, check out Capistrano Beach. Within 2 miles of Dana Point marina, less than a 5 minute drive.
There are houses there that go for $3500/week during the off season.
I was scheduled to go in 3 weeks and just had to cancel. The end slip at Dana Point guest dock is now available for the first 10 days on November. :(