PDA

View Full Version : Hmm,this with a wakeboard tower?

riverroyal
10-16-2007, 07:38 PM
:idea: http://www.sleekcraft.com/magic/28-scepter/images/DSC02379.JPG

riverroyal
10-16-2007, 07:39 PM
try againhttp://www.sleekcraft.com/magic/28-scepter/photos.html

riverroyal
10-16-2007, 07:40 PM
http://http://www.sleekcraft.com/magic/28-scepter/images/DSC02385.JPG

riverroyal
10-16-2007, 07:41 PM
its the new magic 28 with wakeboard tower and new cuddy space

Phat Matt
10-16-2007, 07:42 PM
http://www.sleekcraft.com/magic/28-scepter/images/DSC02379.JPG

riverroyal
10-16-2007, 07:42 PM
http://www.sleekcraft.com/currentinv/28-32/images/1_050.JPG

JB in so cal
10-16-2007, 07:45 PM
What do we have here:idea:
Ballast, tabs, tower...a content wakeboarder wife is a happy wife...:)

riverroyal
10-16-2007, 07:47 PM
I think it has a option of trim tabs and water ballasts.Not a 'true' wakeboard boat,but at 70 it will still be nice ride on havasu.

Caribbean Jet
10-16-2007, 07:48 PM
After it pulls your arms off it can race you to the nearest dock. Not sure if I would have done that to such a beautiful boat.

riverroyal
10-16-2007, 07:53 PM
it looks good i think.Heres my issues,my 2 boys will be wakeboarding alot from now on.Well I dont want a wakeboard boat on havasu because I enjoy the ride on our current deckboat.We dont need a "perfect" wake,we arent that good.But when I want to travel 20 miles up lake havasu to where ever,I wanna go over 40mph.So this works

OutCole'd
10-16-2007, 08:02 PM
it looks good i think.Heres my issues,my 2 boys will be wakeboarding alot from now on.Well I dont want a wakeboard boat on havasu because I enjoy the ride on our current deckboat.We dont need a "perfect" wake,we arent that good.But when I want to travel 20 miles up lake havasu to where ever,I wanna go over 40mph.So this works
Throw a tower on your boat. Cheaper than a new one, baller.

Zimm944
10-16-2007, 08:13 PM
A cat is not a wakeboad boat no matter what your skill level is. That boat looks silly.

caroftheweek
10-16-2007, 08:19 PM
if you put a tower on it make sure you get tabs. they are a must for wakeboarding behind your boat.

SummitKarl
10-16-2007, 08:29 PM
buy them their own Glasstron with a 115hp on the back:) :D and send them to Foxes Harbor
I am sure your current outdrive won't be happy lugging a load (and family)at 25mph;)

XtrmWakeborder
10-16-2007, 08:33 PM
A friend of ours in parker has a deck boat and when his girls got more into wakeboarding they sold he 2 sea doos and not the girls have their own old school malibu. I'd go that route.

LOWRIVER2
10-16-2007, 08:43 PM
At least you'd know which Magic is yours when it's parked in the channel with the other 30 magics each weekend.

DeltaSigBoater
10-16-2007, 08:58 PM
No
Oranges
or
Blues
:D

MBlaster
10-16-2007, 09:59 PM
http://www.sleekcraft.com/currentinv/28-32/images/1_050.JPG
How in the hell is that boat going to pull a wakeboarder at 15-20mph?
Hello... its a CAT:rolleyes:
What a freaking joke.

caroftheweek
10-16-2007, 10:08 PM
How in the hell is that boat going to pull a wakeboarder at 15-20mph?
Hello... its a CAT:rolleyes:
What a freaking joke.
one word....Tabs:D

Cole Sanger
10-16-2007, 10:44 PM
This tower would be much better on that...
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/boa/448419083.html
Not mine.

boatsnblondes
10-17-2007, 06:04 AM
I'm sorry, that boat just coould NOT be more gay. As for the tower, like the other guy said, it's a cat..no matter how hard ya try, it'll never be a good wake boat....sigh......hey, maybe Rusty ordered it???:idea:

RiverToysJas
10-17-2007, 06:17 AM
That says a lot about how much the builder educates their clients about boats.
IF they use that boat for much wake boarding I predict they smoke a drive very soon...
RTJas :D

ROZ
10-17-2007, 06:43 AM
I'll buy yours for 5.00 on Tuesday if you buy a new boat :D
WTF people? Guy wants to keep 1 boat and please the family( 2 kids under 10) at the same time... It could look a lot worse.... although, he is a homo... :D

phebus
10-17-2007, 06:50 AM
The boat has big Dana tabs, a really stout tower, and is rigged very nice. Not my cup of tea, but a pretty trick hybrid for a cat person that needs the ability to pull a wakeboarder.
It also had some custom Magic wheels on the trailer that are really, really nice, and some nice billet pieces inside the boat.

Arkansas
10-17-2007, 07:16 AM
The boat looks fine...these are the same guys who were saying "you're gonna open up the front of that cat and make it a bowrider...how stupid"
Guys....it's called change...it'll be OK

wright27
10-17-2007, 07:30 AM
The only problem I see, is tabs or no tabs that boat will not hold a steady enough wakeboard speed. If you want to wakeboard you buy a wakeboard boat, if you want to cruise all day from place to place you don't buy a wakeboard boat.

phebus
10-17-2007, 07:32 AM
No boat will do it all. You buy the best boat for your primary use, and then customize it to do other duties.

wright27
10-17-2007, 07:36 AM
No boat will do it all. You buy the best boat for your primary use, and then customize it to do other duties.
Or you own more than one boat.:D

OutCole'd
10-17-2007, 07:38 AM
The only problem I see, is tabs or no tabs that boat will not hold a steady enough wakeboard speed. If you want to wakeboard you buy a wakeboard boat, if you want to cruise all day from place to place you don't buy a wakeboard boat.
Not true, I have a buddy with the same boat with tabs and it'll hold the wake board speeds all day long. Key is useing the tabs to keep the boat on plane.

MBlaster
10-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Not true, I have a buddy with the same boat with tabs and it'll hold the wake board speeds all day long. Key is useing the tabs to keep the boat on plane.
On plane at 15mph?
At least a V hull would make some kind of useable wake.
You get good on a wakeboard very quick. Once the youngins get the hang of it they will be bitching that the wake sucks behind the cat. Sooner rather than later the kids will not want to board behind it.
I have this same problem. The family likes to wakeboard, wakeskate, and ski. I want a performance boat too. We can only have 1 boat.
Thus I'll probably end up with a 24-25ft V.

wright27
10-17-2007, 08:04 AM
If you are a just a jump in the water every once in awhile wakeboader just floating from side to side mabey it will be good enough for you, but if you are a good wakeboarder who pushes hard it will not be nothing more than frustrating.

wright27
10-17-2007, 08:11 AM
On plane at 15mph?
You get good on a wakeboard very quick. Once the youngins get the hang of it they will be bitching that the wake sucks behind the cat. Sooner rather than later the kids will not want to board behind it.
I have this same problem. The family likes to wakeboard, wakeskate, and ski. I want a performance boat too. We can only have 1 boat.
Malibu as well as a few others have wakeboard boats with a 496 running out at about 70+ mph

Baja Big Dog
10-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Christ, you know when they pulled this multi-colored monster out of the mold, they stood back and said we gotta cover up this ugly gel with something.............hey, lets put an roll bar on it and take the attention away from that ugly boat!!!:D

OutCole'd
10-17-2007, 08:43 AM
On plane at 15mph?
If you are a just a jump in the water every once in awhile wakeboader just floating from side to side mabey it will be good enough for you, but if you are a good wakeboarder who pushes hard it will not be nothing more than frustrating.
I agree with you guys. I never said it will be a good wake board boat. The wake sucks behind mine for wake boarding. I'm just saying with the tabs, they'll hold the slow speeds.

RiverToysJas
10-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Maybe it's not a wake board tower at all.....maybe it's a gaydar-bridge! :idea:

wright27
10-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Maybe it's not a wake board tower at all.....maybe it's a gaydar-bridge! :idea:
Mabey its for the ladies to hang upside down on so you can do 69 standing up.

Keith E. Sayre
10-17-2007, 11:03 AM
As usual, the people that don't understand much about boats are blasting their way to stardom on Hot Boat. Some of you are embarrassing yourselves
because you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I've been
in the boat and I've been in a boat watching the wakeboard boat pulling
Chris Villarete (not sure on spelling) on his custom wakeboard. He lives here
in Havasu now and does all the trick stuff on wakeboards. A few years ago,
he ran a camp that tought wakeboarding and he used to be a professional
snowboarder. I think his opinion is worthy of a few words.
After watching him do all kinds of flips and land them all perfectly, and
watch him do all kinds of wild jumps etc, he climbed back into the boat
and promptly said, "a pro would want a ballast bag with about 200 lbs of
water in the middle of the boat but anyone but a pro would love it just
like it is." He then went on to say, "don't change a thing except offer
the bag as an option for those that need it".
As for the claims that it won't run wakeboard speeds, put your foot in your
mouth, take a big huge bite and enjoy it. For those that know our tunnel boats, you'll remember that our center sponson is deeper in the water than our outside sponsons which allows our boats to act like v bottoms with less
bow rise than other cats, quicker planing times and once we add some Dana
plates, it'll crawl along with any engine package at 16 mph running almost
flat in the water. Our wakeboard guy asked for 18 mph and we easily gave
it to him. Remember, this was with NO ballast tanks in the boat.
Frankly, since only a few of these boats have been built, I don't see that
anyone voicing an opinion about the performance of this boat have a leg to stand on unless you have personally been in or around the boat when it has been tested or driven. Then again, this is the Hot Boat forums where facts
are in limited supply.
For those worrying about the outdrive, call Mercruiser and ask what they have to say about it. The only caution they gave me was that if wakeboarding would be all that is done with the boat, go to a smaller
pitch prop so that the motor could gain more rpm rather than grunting it.
If it is a multi purpose boat, leave it alone.
Now, you can say what you wish about the colors, that's personal preference.
Those aren't my favorites either. But then most of YOUR boats probably aren't my favorite colors either.
As for a multi purpose boat, it still runs about 78 to 80 mph with the tower
and in case noone has noticed, a wakeboard boat whether it's a cat or a
v that'll go 16 mph all day long and still run almost 80 mph with a stock 525
isn't a bad thing to consider. No, it's not a perfect wakeboard boat but a
$120,000 wakeboard boat isn't ever going to be an 80 mph boat either.
Not everyone has an extra handful of cash to own 2 boats.
I find it ironic that those with the most to say don't appear to have wakeboard boats or cats for that matter and I noticed a certain lack
of towers on their avatars so how would they know anything about the
subject at hand?
My purpose in responding here wasn't so much to justify or explain our boat,
as it is to say the following which I think most on these boards will agree with:
I would respectfully submit that if you don't have a clue about a subject,
perhaps you shouldn't get on this or any other forum and state facts that
are simply not true. Perhaps those of you that are out in left field should be
kind enough to state that a particular thought, implulse or brain cramp is merely your personal opinion when stating incorrect or misleading ideas.
While I don't claim to know it all or even much, I do think that we owe it to
others not to mislead just for the sake of doing it and having something to say.
I've wanted to say that for a number of years but have refrained. PHotos
will be posted later today when I get them emailed to me.
Keith Sayre
Magic Boats
Lake Havasu City

Magic34
10-17-2007, 11:11 AM
I like it. I hate wakeboard boats and this would be a perfect middle of the road solution for me wanting a boat that would go fast while allowing the kids to do the watersports they like.
Let's face it, 98% of people wakeboarding really suck compared to a pro anyways so might as well be able to go 60 MPH over 3 foot rollers in the wind if need be.

phebus
10-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Keith, quit sugar coating it and tell us how you really feel. :D
Nice post...................

Baja Big Dog
10-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Holy crap Keith...never heard you "tell it like it is". Glad the colors are the only thing I disliked about it, and yes, I own a pontoon, therefore I chose not to comment on the performance of the boat!!!!
So keep me on your Christmas card list!!!:D

Magic34
10-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Holy crap Keith...never heard you "tell it like it is". Glad the colors are the only thing I disliked about it, and yes, I own a pontoon, therefore I chose not to comment on the performance of the boat!!!!
So keep me on your Christmas card list!!!:D
Wait, they have a card list. WTF???

Baja Big Dog
10-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Wait, they have a card list. WTF???
OPPPS, guess I let that slip....Sorry Keith!!!:D

XtrmWakeborder
10-17-2007, 11:35 AM
A pro can do flips and crap off of a sea doo wake so wake isn't the problem for them. Can a 10 year old? No. Resale is going to take a big hit on that thing, as you can see nobody likes it. If you are going to wakeboard behind it i'd just get the tabs and use the ski tow, or the ones that dana makes that goes behind the seats. A tower on that thing is just dumb, and a tower to a 10 year old isn't that important. Like I said just buy an old ski nautique 2001 or a malibu, if they are looking to go hardcore. The 2001 wake is simply awesome and can be huge.

uLtRADeNniS
10-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Wow, that could not be any gayer looking.
Wow!! I don't think you could've put that any better!

Magic34
10-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Wow!! I don't think you could've put that any better!
I want to say shut up, but keep looking at that avatar and cant remember what for. :D

wright27
10-17-2007, 12:50 PM
As usual, the people that don't understand much about boats are blasting their way to stardom on Hot Boat. Some of you are embarrassing yourselves
because you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I've been
in the boat and I've been in a boat watching the wakeboard boat pulling
Chris Villarete (not sure on spelling) on his custom wakeboard. He lives here
in Havasu now and does all the trick stuff on wakeboards. A few years ago,
he ran a camp that tought wakeboarding and he used to be a professional
snowboarder. I think his opinion is worthy of a few words.
After watching him do all kinds of flips and land them all perfectly, and
watch him do all kinds of wild jumps etc, he climbed back into the boat
and promptly said, "a pro would want a ballast bag with about 200 lbs of
water in the middle of the boat but anyone but a pro would love it just
like it is." He then went on to say, "don't change a thing except offer
the bag as an option for those that need it".
As for the claims that it won't run wakeboard speeds, put your foot in your
mouth, take a big huge bite and enjoy it. For those that know our tunnel boats, you'll remember that our center sponson is deeper in the water than our outside sponsons which allows our boats to act like v bottoms with less
bow rise than other cats, quicker planing times and once we add some Dana
plates, it'll crawl along with any engine package at 16 mph running almost
flat in the water. Our wakeboard guy asked for 18 mph and we easily gave
it to him. Remember, this was with NO ballast tanks in the boat.
Frankly, since only a few of these boats have been built, I don't see that
anyone voicing an opinion about the performance of this boat have a leg to stand on unless you have personally been in or around the boat when it has been tested or driven. Then again, this is the Hot Boat forums where facts
are in limited supply.
For those worrying about the outdrive, call Mercruiser and ask what they have to say about it. The only caution they gave me was that if wakeboarding would be all that is done with the boat, go to a smaller
pitch prop so that the motor could gain more rpm rather than grunting it.
If it is a multi purpose boat, leave it alone.
Now, you can say what you wish about the colors, that's personal preference.
Those aren't my favorites either. But then most of YOUR boats probably aren't my favorite colors either.
As for a multi purpose boat, it still runs about 78 to 80 mph with the tower
and in case noone has noticed, a wakeboard boat whether it's a cat or a
v that'll go 16 mph all day long and still run almost 80 mph with a stock 525
isn't a bad thing to consider. No, it's not a perfect wakeboard boat but a
$120,000 wakeboard boat isn't ever going to be an 80 mph boat either.
Not everyone has an extra handful of cash to own 2 boats.
I find it ironic that those with the most to say don't appear to have wakeboard boats or cats for that matter and I noticed a certain lack
of towers on their avatars so how would they know anything about the
subject at hand?
My purpose in responding here wasn't so much to justify or explain our boat,
as it is to say the following which I think most on these boards will agree with:
I would respectfully submit that if you don't have a clue about a subject,
perhaps you shouldn't get on this or any other forum and state facts that
are simply not true. Perhaps those of you that are out in left field should be
kind enough to state that a particular thought, implulse or brain cramp is merely your personal opinion when stating incorrect or misleading ideas.
While I don't claim to know it all or even much, I do think that we owe it to
others not to mislead just for the sake of doing it and having something to say.
I've wanted to say that for a number of years but have refrained. PHotos
will be posted later today when I get them emailed to me.
Keith Sayre
Magic Boats
Lake Havasu City
Well Keith, I have owned two cats and 4 wakeboard boats, and unless your boat is exceptionally better than the Eliminator and Raysoncraft I had, then you my friend are full of shit. I speak from my experiences, not from as you say, an impulse or a brain cramp.

JB in so cal
10-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Well Keith, I have owned tow cats and 4 wakeboard boats, and unless your boat is exceptionally better than the Eliminator and Raysoncraft I had, then you my friend are full of shit. I speak from my experiences, not from as you say, an impulse or a brain cramp.
Case closed, I guess:idea: Since you've owned a tow cat, you'd know

Not So Fast
10-17-2007, 01:03 PM
I love you Senior Keith and for Gods sake, we all know that those towers are for obnoxiously bad sounding speakers anyway, and to be turned to max BTW just in case there is anybody that cant hear your crappy, tinny sounding sound system!!:D NSF

mbrown2
10-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Nice boat....I am sure they will sell a bunch of them....probably will need two regatta's...one for the Wakeboarder Deck Boat owners...and the rest that dwell in the channel...:):)

HM
10-17-2007, 01:19 PM
I like it. I think it looks a LOT better than the average wake board/tourney boat.

MBlaster
10-17-2007, 02:00 PM
A pro can do flips and crap off of a sea doo wake so wake isn't the problem for them. Can a 10 year old beginner? No. Resale is going to take a big hit on that thing, as you can see nobody likes it. A tower on that thing is just dumb, and a tower to a 10 year old isn't that important.
I concur 100%
In fact if you are good you can do flips off a bunny hop with no wake.
If I owned a Majic cat I'd probably wakeboard, skate, and ski behind it, just like I do with my jet right now.
Are they great wakes? NO.
Would it be fun? SURE.
Would I put a tower on my Carrera or the Majic? NO IMO they look rediculous and serve no purpose on anything but tourney boats.

wright27
10-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Sorry spelling error, TWO not TOW.

epeagle
10-17-2007, 02:30 PM
i love the boat..i would love to own it.

Keith E. Sayre
10-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Phebus: You are absolutely right about the speakers, I see about 10% of the
people that have towers actually use them for their intended purpose. The
rest buy them because they think it makes them look cool! Is it something
that I would want on my boat, no thanks but if you look outside of Havasu
you'll find that they're very popular on all makes and models of boats.
For those of you that politely responded to my post,if a good wakeboarder
can jump off a sea doo wake, why would anyone spend so much on a good quality
wakeboard boat as you suggest they should do?
For those that responded to my post and mentioned things that I might be full of,, if you don't believe my post why don't you show up any day that you wish and go for a ride......then with your foot in your mouth have the intestinal fortitude to get back on Hot Boat and admit that you sir are wrong and that we told the truth and then leave the Hot Boat forums forever under any name. I'll make the same offer if I'm wrong.
For those that responded that wonder why we would build such a boat. It's
called customer requests. That is as simple as I can make it. You'll find that
the bulk of southern and eastern states put towers on anything from 18'
Bayliners to small cruisers. Do your homework. We have.
To those that think I'm a bit irritated with this thread, it is simply getting
ridiculous here on Hot Boat forums. It used to be that when someone asked
for an opinion, they got it. Straight form the heart. Some were wrong but
all meant well. We shared info that was beneficial to everyone involved.
The last year or two, I see people with 19' jet boats and v drive owners (no offense intended to either) giving advice about 36' Skaters and I notice that the
people asking questions get answers from people that know someone who has a cousin that gave them a ride once and they're answering these questions as if they were an authority on the subject. I'm not suggesting that we should not joke about things
and tease when it's appropriate but when I see the owner of a 17' wellcraft 19' closed
bow with a 4 cyliner stringer drive OMC telling someone that they have bad taste in
colors and or design or which deckboat is best, I have to wonder, why?
I need to finish this lengthy response now, I have to talk with a person
that has called to ask about adding a tower to their 28' Scepter Cat
that they bought last year. Then I'm going to go out and watch them
install the tower on the 28' Deckboat that has been in our showroom
for the past couple of months, they guy bought the boat and paid cash
as long as we'd put a tower on it and no he doesn't wakeboard.
Keith Sayre

Trailer Park Casanova
10-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Those magic deckboats put out fantastic, spectacular wakes.
I wish my Wakeboard boat put out as good a wake.

wright27
10-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Those magic deckboats put out fantastic, spectacular wakes.
I wish my Wakeboard boat put out as good a wake.
What kind of wakeboard boat do you have that throws that small of a wake?
If a magic deck is truly equal to a wakeboard boat for what a wakeboard boat is intended for I will be there in a second to buy one, but through my experiences I have not found a boat of that size to be able to do what I would like it to do. JMO from my experiences.

caroftheweek
10-17-2007, 03:05 PM
What kind of wakeboard boat do you have that throws that small of a wake?
If a magic deck is truly equal to a wakeboard boat for what a wakeboard boat is intended for I will be there in a second to buy one, but through my experiences I have not found a boat of that size to be able to do what I would like it to do. JMO from my experiences.
no one said it was equal. It is just a nice to know that the boat is capable of towing a wakeboarder. my neighbors own a Tige and they hate that they cannot go out on busy weekend. it is truly a single purpose boat.
this post is merely stating that the magic will do both.
And yes, they do throw a mean wake at those speeds.

DeltaSigBoater
10-17-2007, 03:14 PM
A little off subject, but hey... this is ***boat!
Its really funny when I hear wakeboard boats salesmen talk, some of them actually know who, how, where, why, when, and what took place over the past 20 years with the sport, and the changes/additions to the boats. But the majority of them talk outta their asses, and every other word is “dude, bro, sick, or phat.” :rolleyes:
I had one sales kid, because he couldn’t have been much older than myself at the time, tell me how wake boarders’ are so innovative. Then went on to say that brand of boat he was pushing “INVENTED” Towers, not to mention V-Drives, and Tabs. :eek:
I nearly shit myself, from laugh so hard. :D

XtrmWakeborder
10-17-2007, 03:19 PM
For those of you that politely responded to my post,if a good wakeboarder
can jump off a sea doo wake, why would anyone spend so much on a good quality
wakeboard boat as you suggest they should do?
Keith Sayre
I have seen Parks do a whirlybird off a roller coming toward him. Trust me it can be done. They spend the money on wakeboard boats because the wake is a ton better. When wakeboarding behind my jet and a malibu v-ride/wakesetter it is a gigantic difference. The wakes size, shape, and make up make it so the pros can do more advanced tricks, ie speedball along with making it easier for beginners to progress. Can you do that on a sea doo? No way in hell. I guarantee a 10k dollar "which is pretty high priced" ski nautique 2001 will put out a much better wake than this. Light years ahead. I'm just saying the magic won't put out a nice enough wake for the rider to advance so far as to warrant a tower. Not that it can't be done. No dissrespect or anything.

Magic34
10-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Wakebaord boats are turds. My 37' cruiser will out run a roll bar boat any day. My cousin has a 22' Supra and if the water is rough, guess who is behind my boat... way behind and I am only rolling at 35 MPH.
To me, this Magic is a cool crossover boat. One that will run 75 MPH plus, and on that the kids can ride behind.
Comparing it to an actual wakeboard boat is stupid. They are nowhere near the same.

Magic34
10-17-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm just saying the magic won't put out a nice enough wake for the rider to advance so far as to warrant a tower. Not that it can't be done. No dissrespect or anything.
Have you ever wanted a way to dry the towels out with the bimini hardware up? Huh, huh... there you go. :D

Magic34
10-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Oh... If you want a killer wake, get a cruiser! I'll pull any of you for a double up anytime.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41322&stc=1&d=1192663644
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41324&stc=1&d=1192663697
Tossed this guy around pretty good. :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41325&stc=1&d=1192663810

Not So Fast
10-17-2007, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=Keith E. Sayre;2846091]Phebus: You are absolutely right about the speakers, I see about 10% of the
people that have towers actually use them for their intended purpose. The
rest buy them because they think it makes them look cool! Is it something
that I would want on my boat, no thanks but if you look outside of Havasu
you'll find that they're very popular on all makes and models of boats.
Hey, give me the the credit, I'm the one who replied that:D NSF

DeltaSigBoater
10-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Oh... If you want a killer wake, get a cruiser! I'll pull any of you for a double up anytime.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41322&stc=1&d=1192663644
I'm down... I'll attach the rope to the base of the radar :D
Just kidding, I don’t recommend trying that, unless you want to spring for new radar, and repair your arch. As it wasnt designed for pulling people wakeboarding.
If it were a welded stainless or aluminum tube style arch, then I’d say lets go.

Magic34
10-17-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm down... I'll attach the rope to the base of the radar :D
Just kidding, I don’t recommend trying that, unless you want to spring for new radar, and repair your arch. As it wasnt designed for pulling people wakeboarding.
If it were a welded stainless or aluminum tube style arch, then I’d say lets go.
I hve seen the inside of the arch, I know not to attach to it. :)
Just bring a surfboard. Dont even need a rope.

XtrmWakeborder
10-17-2007, 03:50 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41324&stc=1&d=1192663697
Tossed this guy around pretty good. :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41325&stc=1&d=1192663810
Haha no thanks I was at mohave this year and jumped a boat like yours' wake on a sea doo and got some massive air. I'd deff eat shit. I do remember a shoot where some pro wakeboarders were wakeboarding off of a barge with a crane on it. Now that was some air. As far as the towel drying...you have a point.:)

Trailer Park Casanova
10-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Its really funny when I hear wakeboard boats salesmen talk, some of them actually know who, how, where, why, when, and what took place over the past 20 years with the sport, and the changes/additions to the boats. But the majority of them talk outta their asses, and every other word is “dude, bro, sick, or phat.” :rolleyes:
I had one sales kid, because he couldn’t have been much older than myself at the time, tell me how wake boarders’ are so innovative. Then went on to say that brand of boat he was pushing “INVENTED” Towers, not to mention V-Drives, and Tabs. :eek:
Well Said,, good take.
We're on our 4th wakeboard boat.
We have 4 very good wakeboarders in the family.
I haven't (yet, but may eventually) bagged our boat because the size of the wake is less important to them than wake shape/form and "wake cleanliness": That is, a foamless, sharp-edge wake is a BFD to the better wakeboarders.
If you watch the wakeboarding tourneys on ESPN, Fox sports ect, notice the competition towboats are full of people.
The towboat driver moves the people around in the boat to re-distribute weight, which in turn, cleans up the foam off the top of the wake.

HM
10-17-2007, 04:16 PM
I love their little drawing showing how inboards are at lower risk of hitting bottom than your "average" outdrive and the drawing shows a boat with about 90 degree V-bottom and the top of the outdrive is a foot underwater. I asked the guy what kind of boat that is and that I'd give him $1000 to produce any boat that sat in the water like that. Funny, I still have my $1000. :D

rmarion
10-17-2007, 04:18 PM
coming to the DARK SIDE.................
OH NO!!!!!!!!! DON'T LOOK, BUT, I BELEIVE IT HAS TOWER SPEAKERS ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to Boycott Sleek/Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
IMO I like it!!!!!!

riverroyal
10-17-2007, 04:26 PM
how could this thread get sideways so fast!!!Back to the beginning.We,my wife and kids,ONLY go to havasu.I dont want a wakeboard boat for havasu.I enjoy a nice ride at 2pm on a saturday.Ive been on havasu in a wakeboard boat during the afternoon,its rough.We will be wakeboarding more in the future,maybe 10% of our boating time will be spent on that.
Now if we went to the river,parker etc,or smaller lakes,then I would own a wakeboard boat,but we dont.
Yes the colors on that one are ugly,but take the tower off,its still ugly.It was just a example picture.
Resale,the tower wont hurt it at all.Take it off if it lowers the price that much.
Is there some wakeboard Vs Cat owner issues I missed years ago.I thought we all hates PWC's,not eachother.
Next busy weekend when its rougher than hell,I guess im gonna look GAY passing a wakeboard boat as he bounces along at 30.
We almost bought a wakeboard boat 2 years ago,left a deposit etc,it just wasnt suited for our needs,my point is I like them also.
carry on..:D

jbtrailerjim
10-17-2007, 04:31 PM
I think it looks freakin gay. I hate wake board towers. I think they f*ck up the looks of any boat. :messedup:

riverroyal
10-17-2007, 04:33 PM
I think it looks freakin gay. I hate wake board towers. I think they f*ck up the looks of any boat. :messedup:
my wife will swing from it,really the only reason i want one:D

jbtrailerjim
10-17-2007, 04:38 PM
my wife will swing from it,really the only reason i want one:D
Well if she does, make sure she is naked and don't forget to post the pics. :D

MBlaster
10-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Hey Kieth, next summer I wanna wakeskate or wakeboard behind a Magic cat.
Not being a ass or anything, just for fun. OK?

riverroyal
10-17-2007, 04:44 PM
CLEAR you messages,its full.

riverroyal
10-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Hey Kieth, next summer I wanna wakeskate or wakeboard behind a Majic.
Not being a ass or anything, just for fun. OK?
maybe I will take ya:D

MBlaster
10-17-2007, 04:58 PM
I have to talk with a person
that has called to ask about adding a tower to their 28' Scepter Cat
that they bought last year. Then I'm going to go out and watch them
install the tower on the 28' Deckboat that has been in our showroom
for the past couple of months, they guy bought the boat and paid cash
as long as we'd put a tower on it and no he doesn't wakeboard.
Keith Sayre
It's funny when something purposefull becomes fashionable and looses it's true meaning with nonsense applications.
Back in 1995 when wakeboards didn't looks like wakeboards we used concrete blocks to make the old Barefoot 200 heavier. I fashoned tall pole out of alumimum so we could put the rope higher. There wasn't anyone on the water, not a wakeboard boat in sight.
Those were some fun days.

MBlaster
10-17-2007, 05:06 PM
maybe I will take ya:D
Deal, I'll bring the lunch.

AirtimeLavey
10-17-2007, 05:10 PM
I don't think it looks bad at all, but then when we boat, we do more than go fast in a straight line to park on the beach. I think you're going to see more customs w/towers because there's a solid market out there with boaters who are more active but don't want to give up the speed and performance by going to a tourny or wake boat.
I have a Lavey 24, but also like to ski and wakeboard, as do most of my friends and kids. I want a boat that can both haul arse and one that you can wakeboard behind. I prop down to a 22 for a good hole shot and it's a good pull. The only problem is I'd rather have a tower for the pull point. It makes a big difference in jumping and getting up. Perfect Pass says they can put a speed control on an i/o. That to me sounds like an awesome set up. Lavey puts towers on their 21. I might just put one on my 24. :idea:
I suppose if you're about drinking and playing horse-shoes on the beach all day, it might look gay, but for the rest of us that like to get out for the water sports, it's a big step in the right direction.

BajaMike
10-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Some guys want a boat that makes up for other deficiencies in their lives and others like boats that go too fast.:eek:
Some families want a boat that will encourage their teenagers to spend some quality recreational time with mom and dad…that’s time spent you can never get back and you will never regret!:idea:
I like the concept and the looks of the boat. I’ve been with several people on Hot Boat, with tunnel hulls, and we wake boarded all day long (just didn’t have the benefits of the tower) and it was a blast watching the kids! Going 16 to 24 mph was not problem at all!
And, when the kids aren't around, there are adult uses for those towers also!
Keith, I think that boat is a winner!

BajaMike
10-17-2007, 05:19 PM
I suppose if you're about drinking and playing horse-shoes on the beach all day, it might look gay, but for the rest of us that like to get out for the water sports, it's a big step in the right direction.
In a private cove, my g/f hanging upside down from the tower, with nothing on but a big (upside down) smile, it's a long ways from "looking gay".......:D

OutCole'd
10-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Hey Keith, what does it cost to add Tabs and a tower on an Magic deck?

JB in so cal
10-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Look at Bill being all "I'm down with that" n shiat!
I'm guessing $10k - tabs being more...

OutCole'd
10-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Look at Bill being all "I'm down with that" n shiat!
I'm guessing $10k - tabs being more...?????:eek: :eek:

AirtimeLavey
10-17-2007, 05:33 PM
In a private cove, my g/f hanging upside down from the tower, with nothing on but a big (upside down) smile, it's a long ways from "looking gay".......:D
That's what I'm talkin 'bout. Full utility for us active types......:devil:

BajaMike
10-17-2007, 05:39 PM
That's what I'm talkin 'bout. Full utility for us active types......:devil:
Exactly....the tower is a "mulit-function" device.....:D
For some reason, I just love a girl hanging upside down....things seem to line up just right......:idea:

DeltaSigBoater
10-17-2007, 06:24 PM
It's funny when something purposefull becomes fashionable and looses it's true meaning with nonsense applications.
Back in 1995 when wakeboards didn't looks like wakeboards we used concrete blocks to make the old Barefoot 200 heavier. I fashoned tall pole out of alumimum so we could put the rope higher. There wasn't anyone on the water, not a wakeboard boat in sight.
Those were some fun days.
Where was this?
I don't think it looks bad at all, but then when we boat, we do more than go fast in a straight line to park on the beach. I think you're going to see more customs w/towers because there's a solid market out there with boaters who are more active but don't want to give up the speed and performance by going to a tourny or wake boat.
I have a Lavey 24, but also like to ski and wakeboard, as do most of my friends and kids. I want a boat that can both haul arse and one that you can wakeboard behind. I prop down to a 22 for a good hole shot and it's a good pull. The only problem is I'd rather have a tower for the pull point. It makes a big difference in jumping and getting up. Perfect Pass says they can put a speed control on an i/o. That to me sounds like an awesome set up. Lavey puts towers on their 21. I might just put one on my 24. :idea:
I'd stay clear of perfect pass, since most of us run Mercury Marine engine & drive setups anyhow I'd do SmartCraft. By haveing Mercury Marine's Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS) system, you can add their version of perfect pass SmartTow :D

riverroyal
10-17-2007, 06:27 PM
?????:eek: :eek:
it easier just trade up:D

OutCole'd
10-17-2007, 07:57 PM
it easier just trade up:D
Not a chance, I'm not making payments again for a long, long time!:D
Come on, how much can it cost? Tabs, 5K? Tower $$??

Wmc
10-17-2007, 08:10 PM
They do make some wakes
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/CIMG1347.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/CIMG1378.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/CIMG1377.jpg

DeltaSigBoater
10-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Not a chance, I'm not making payments again for a long, long time!:D
Come on, how much can it cost? Tabs, 5K? Tower $$??
Not too sure what Dana Tabs run, but a decent collapsable tower, with a rope mount running/anchor light combo, flood lights, speakers, mirror, & board racks, you're looking at $3k to $6k :eek:

mykidsdaddy
10-17-2007, 08:49 PM
I think it looks great! I did the tower thing to my Kona day-cruiser...it didn't come with a tower either! What it did accomplish was giving my kids a better tug up out of the water and it does help with them gettin' air. What Keith was saying was so true! There are so many posters that voice opinions that someone else GAVE them!!! I usually just read and try to keep focused on what it is that i am reading. But this one hit home! Wake-barge, Tuna tower,Roll-bar... call 'em what you want but know that they work on almost any boat for the purpose they were designed for!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15132DSC01343-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15132DSC01344-med.JPG
If you wanna talk about shiat that makes a boat look GAY what about "tribal" paint or worse yet Tribal tatoos??? What tribe do these guys belong to??? The Metoosirs...??? They're more commonly known for being copy-catters and band-wagon hopper onners!
They're an easy "tribe to identify...they ALL look alike!
Their motto...
"I wanna be different...just like everybody else!!!"

Baja Big Dog
10-17-2007, 10:15 PM
I think it looks great! I did the tower thing to my Kona day-cruiser...it didn't come with a tower either! What it did accomplish was giving my kids a better tug up out of the water and it does help with them gettin' air. What Keith was saying was so true! There are so many posters that voice opinions that someone else GAVE them!!! I usually just read and try to keep focused on what it is that i am reading. But this one hit home! Wake-barge, Tuna tower,Roll-bar... call 'em what you want but know that they work on almost any boat for the purpose they were designed for!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15132DSC01343-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/15132DSC01344-med.JPG
If you wanna talk about shiat that makes a boat look GAY what about "tribal" paint or worse yet Tribal tatoos??? What tribe do these guys belong to??? The Metoosirs...??? They're more commonly known for being copy-catters and band-wagon hopper onners!
They're an easy "tribe to identify...they ALL look alike!
Their motto...
"I wanna be different...just like everybody else!!!"
Watch it, Magic has done a few tribal boats!!!:D

Baja Big Dog
10-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey Keith, what does it cost to add Tabs and a tower on an Magic deck?
Look at Billy, do the allow roll bars in the Islander????
I heard a little portly Greek guy is selling a tower for a rhino.....but it has to run Kings!!!:D

Baja Big Dog
10-17-2007, 10:19 PM
That sucks when you quote the guy before he edits the post!!!:D

Zimm944
10-17-2007, 10:45 PM
WMC your boat looks very nice, however that wake is no good. Where is the clean water on it. Size is only part of a good wake. Cats are not wakeboard boats sorry.

wright27
10-18-2007, 07:12 AM
Different strokes for different folks. Trying to explain how a Magic is not a good boat to wakeboard behind on the HB forum is like trying to explain on a forum full of wakeboarder that going 70 in rough water is more important than a clean wake to ride on. Of course you can wakeboard behind a Magic, but if you were to take anyone who wakeboards regularly and give them the option of riding behind a Magic or an X-Star, they would all choose the X-Star. Magic makes a beautiful boat, I seriously considered buying one 2 years ago, but the kids wanted the fun behind the boat, so I bought the boat that is best suited for that. When the kids are older I will sell the wakeboard boat and get a cat again.

Magic34
10-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Trying to explain how a Magic is not a good boat to wakeboard behind on the HB forum is like trying to explain on a forum full of wakeboarder that going 70 in rough water is more important than a clean wake to ride on. Of course you can wakeboard behind a Magic, but if you were to take anyone who wakeboards regularly and give them the option of riding behind a Magic or an X-Star, they would all choose the X-Star. .
Now we are making sense. You are exactly right and I dont think that Magic is trying to cut into tournament boat sales.
I used to wakeboard a ton, about 3 times per week when I was 18-20 years old. I was pretty good at one point being able to do inverted tricks, also was in the best shape of my life, but who isn't at 19 years old. :) If the boat didn't have a good wake, I simply would not ride, to me it was a waste. There was only 1 boat I would ride behind that was not a tourney boat and that was a 22' cobalt. That wake was huge, one of the best I ever rode behind. It threw me straight up.
However, 8 years later I suck at wakeboarding. I gave it a shot for the first time in 3 years over Labor Day and went hard to the wake like I used to and about killed myself. :D
I think this Magic hits perfectly for who I am. When my kids want to start watersports, I am going to need a different boat. However, I am not content whatsoever of the ride of a tourney boat. So as a 28 y/o father and my style of boating and lack of self esteem, I want a boat that is faster than yours. :D At the same time, it can satisfy the needs of my kids as well.
When I bought my first boat, I was 21 years old. I was about to buy a 23' Tige Riders Edition. I then made a list of the top 10 things I want in a boat and wakeboarding was sitting at #5, while rough water handling and speed sat at 1 and 2. I bought a 29' Magic instead. For me, glad i did.
Different strokes for... you already said that. :)

AirtimeLavey
10-18-2007, 10:55 AM
WMC your boat looks very nice, however that wake is no good. Where is the clean water on it. Size is only part of a good wake. Cats are not wakeboard boats sorry.
That's not a good ramp on the second pic down? No one's saying that the customs will make perfect wakes for competition, but I'd have fun all day on that ramp! Looks like little dude was having a blast. That's a big part of my boating. It's about trying to get as all around as you can. Obviously, not for the purest that have to have it all one way or the other. Great pics! :D

Zimm944
10-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Well no its not a good wake. It might not be the worst, but that white water on top of the wake is no good. I agree you could get by boarding behind the boat, and yes he looks like he is having a great time. Keith says its a great wake and after seeing the pics I don't think it is. JMO

Keith E. Sayre
10-18-2007, 11:56 AM
I can't say for sure because I don't know the owner of the boat with the
photos on this thread but I'm betting that the deckboat pulling the kid has
NO trim tabs. That wake is right out of the stock box. Imagine what it
could be with tabs?
But let's get past all of that, what "Magic 34" is saying is correct, and NSF>
we're not going after anyone's wakeboard market, we're trying to make a good cat and deckboat more appealing to families with kids.
Whether anyone likes it or not, or thinks it looks good or not or is a waste
of money or whatever, wakeboard towers are here to stay. Now I'll be the
first to say that I don't want or need one, personally, I'd go spend that $5,000 on a blower or a camshaft or a new prop or something that goes varoom! BUT then I'm not buying $100,000 go fast custom boats either!
We've studied the market and this is what people are asking for and short
of doing a Froggystyle $2,000,000 super cool new creation like a Trident, we're betting that we'll sell a bunch of them. (That was a compliment Wes)
We've been to Lake Travis and Conroe in Texas, Canada, the San Francisco/Sacramento/ Delta/Discovery Bay, Lake Michigan and 6 other lakes in Michigan in the past 6 months and one thing is common knowledge everywhere but Havasu. The rest of the USA will install a tower on anything that floats and moves.
To answer a question of cost, yes the Dana Tabs that we install are about
$5,000 a set and the towers range from about $2500 to $6,000 depending
on how much bling you want on them.
FYI--So that noone interprets this wrongly, our tunnels do NOT need or use
trim tabs under normal operation. They're only beneficial and necessary
if you want to go slower than 21 or 22 mph and keep the bow down while
doing so.
MBlaster: Just call and let me know when you want to come by. Always
happy to take a fellow Hot Boater out for a boat ride and/or pull! Serious,.
let us know and you can do it anytime. Bring the kids!
Keith Sayre

DeltaSigBoater
10-18-2007, 12:17 PM
For wakeboarding heart and soul of any boat is the wake it produces. And wakeboard boat builders have invested a lot of time, money and R&D into the crafting the perfect wake. The “desired” wake is symmetrical in form, with a crisp, clean lip allowing for smooth takeoffs, and graceful touchdowns are. The key to achieving this is hull design, thus allowing to boat to plane at relatively low speeds 18-24 mph, when fully loaded with ballast, people, gear, and accessories.
Tower placement is also critical, to allow for different rope riding lengths (commonly 60’ 65’ 70’ & 75’), based on the rider’s preference and level of experience. Generally towers are placed by the rope attachment being 2/3 the length of the boat from the bow or 1/3 the length of the boat from the stern. This varies slightly by builder and tower design.

Wmc
10-18-2007, 01:14 PM
it's all about having fun. My son can get up and that all that counts:D
and no I don't have trim tabs. but just think if I did:idea:

Goodtime$
10-18-2007, 02:13 PM
I have to agree with Keith and WMC-
Boating is all about fun. My 2 cents being in the boat industry. I started out designing and refining wakeboard Vdrive boats only. They are fun, serve a purpose to ride behind, party inside and GO SLOW! thats all. Ive owned them all, Vdrive wakeboats, Jet boats, Cats and Bigger Vs. The best boat is your BUDDIES BOAT- so you can get drunk with your ladies.....
Anything can work with a tower, most people install them for the stereo options. If you had to choice a family ride to wakeboard behind also, a mid size V bottom will probably handle ballast and perfect pass easier than a tunnel.
A must to ride behind any boat with an outdrive for ADULTS would be tabs and try to install a perfect pass. Not because you will be an overnight pro but because we are all fat asses and pull on the boat.
Also Keith is right, anywhere else in the good ol USA, everyone has a tower on their boat, barge, pontoon, panga even jet skiis.
Happy Holidays
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/89888383_1-1.jpg

riverroyal
10-18-2007, 04:08 PM
will there be one at the boatshow?The new septor or the deck with a tower.tell Ron to sharpen his pencil,I have that "3 year need a new boat" feeling:idea:

Magic34
10-18-2007, 04:18 PM
will there be one at the boatshow?The new septor or the deck with a tower.tell Ron to sharpen his pencil,I have that "3 year need a new boat" feeling:idea:
I would start to deal now. The boat show is when things start to pick up. It is going to be a very long winter. I have talked to sales guys across the nation, from coast to coast and it is starting to really slow now.
Buy time!!!!

MBlaster
10-18-2007, 05:59 PM
MBlaster: Just call and let me know when you want to come by. Always
happy to take a fellow Hot Boater out for a boat ride and/or pull! Serious,.
let us know and you can do it anytime. Bring the kids!
Keith Sayre
Cool Brutha, I'll board behind the big cat.:jawdrop: