PDA

View Full Version : Campbell Employee Murdered

Oldschool427
10-17-2007, 12:23 PM
With shock and dismay we have to report the death of Campbell Boats employee Todd Chapman. If you have gone to the Campbell boat shop or any of the events, you have run across Todd. He has been a 21 year employee out of high school starting as a detailer who worked his way up the ladder at Campbell. For the last few years, Todd was the tall, handsome, gentleman who greeted you at the counter of Campbell boats with his friendly smile.
The following news story is from the Lake Havasu News-Herald dated October 12th, 2007
Suspect charged with murder; victim identified
By Tony Raap
Thursday, October 11, 2007 9:34 PM MST
A Desert Hills man was charged Thursday with first-degree murder after he allegedly confessed to killing a Lake Havasu City man.
Police said Bryan Macbean, 31, beat and stabbed Todd Chapman, 37, during an argument earlier this week. Chapman's body was found Wednesday inside his home in the 1700 block of South Palo Verde Boulevard, but wasn't identified until Thursday.
Macbean was "covered in blood, standing in the middle of the street, screaming obscenities" when police arrested him, according to a police report obtained by Today's News-Herald.
A hammer and knife were found at the crime scene, city spokesman Charlie Cassens said. Cassens said the men had known each other for about six years.
Macbean was arrested Wednesday after he was seen acting erratically, going from house to house, banging on doors, throwing rocks and damaging property.
Officers stumbled upon Chapman's body while looking for additional damage that Macbean might have caused. Police said a door was left open to Chapman's home.
Officers put a spit hood over Macbean's head because he kept spitting on them, according to the arrest report. Macbean also was charged with aggravated assault after he allegedly kicked a police officer. He is being held without bond.
Chapman wasn't married and didn't have any children. He worked at Campbell Boats for about 21 years, owner Bob Whelan said.
Whelan said he and his employees were still reeling from the news.
"This is a really sad day for our business," Whelan said. "He was very popular and always treated everyone very well."
Chapman began working at Campbell Boats when he was still in high school. He started at the bottom rung as a detailer and worked his way up.
"He was a very competent guy. He had a photographic memory," Whelan said.
Chapman moved here when he was 10 or 11 years old. He lived in Sweden when he was younger, Whelan said.
Over the years, Whelan and Chapman developed camaraderie. He took Whelan's youngest daughter to prom; and at 6 feet 5, Chapman was often mistaken as being related to Whelan, who is 6 feet 10.
"A lot of people thought he was my son," he said.
Whelan found out that Chapman was killed before pulling into the office Wednesday. He drives by Chapman's house on his way to work. He said he knew something was wrong when he saw a crush of police cars and crime tape.
"It's hard," he said. "We were never more than 100 feet apart for more than 20 years of working days."
SERVICES TO BE HELD FOR TODD CHAPMAN
NEXT FRIDAY OCTOBER 19 AT 4:30 PM
AT STONEBRIDGE CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP
IN THE DOMES
2700 S. JAMAICA BLVD., LAKE HAVASU CITY
Condolences may be sent to Todd‘s sister : Anna Anderson
c/o Oasis Floor & Design Center
621 N. Lake Havasu Ave.
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
In lieu of flowers the family requests donations be made to:
Havasu Hope
c/o Oasis Floor & Design Center
621 N. Lake Havasu Ave, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
in memory of:
Todd Chapman

Ziggy
10-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Sad:( Sounds like it was brutal too...sick mofo.

Jordy
10-17-2007, 12:32 PM
:(

AZJD
10-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Damn, what a sad story. RIP!

thatguy
10-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Did not know him, but sounds like a very sad loss. Condolences.
What the hell is wrong with the perp? Totally tweaked or what?
Tommy

Racey
10-17-2007, 12:53 PM
That is just horrible. My sympathies go to all of his friends and family, and other lives the guy has touched :(
very very sad.

ratso
10-17-2007, 12:56 PM
I think there was a thread the other day that showed a picture of the Dickhead responsible for this...:mad:

Goad
10-17-2007, 12:57 PM
What the hell is wrong with the perp? Totally tweaked or what?
Tommy
he sounds like the guy we ran into once over there at stagger lee's (shitty bar in desert hills)
he was nothing but trouble as soon as we walked into the bar....walked right up to us and asked us if we wanted to fight.
anyways...condolences to the family and friends of the victim.

mbrown2
10-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Very sad news...sorry for his family and campbell's loss.

riverracerx
10-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Todd was a really nice guy. We stored and serviced our Nordic at Campbell and he was always the one we dealt with.
Very sad.

BoatFloating
10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Very sad indeed RIP....

MR.rvrluvr
10-17-2007, 01:48 PM
thanx for all the help in the past Todd...we will miss you.....
The Potter family:( :( :(

Big Warlock
10-17-2007, 01:54 PM
RIP Godspeed!!

HemiDude
10-17-2007, 02:04 PM
May Todd RIP, he was a great guy.

RitcheyRch
10-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Very sad. RIP.

wolfie
10-17-2007, 03:30 PM
DAMN, I think I talked to him a while back about a boat. Nice guy.
It's really sad to think that this (an act of random violence) could happen to any of our loved ones.
R.I.P. Todd.

summerlove
10-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Todd was a very nice guy. I had gotten to know him over the years, he had worked on my boat many times as a detailer, and helped me out many more while he was behind the counter. Most importantly, Todd was one hell of a nice guy. He brought a smile to anyone who came into contact with him.
He will be sorely missed by the entire "Campbell" family. To Karen, Gary, Fred, Bob, and all the rest down there on London Bridge Road, you were his family, we were just lucky to know him.
God bless you Todd. May the water always be flat, with free gas and ice cold Coors in the chest.
Rick

shueman
10-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Geez...what a drug crazed, fock'd up world we live in....:(

boats&bars
10-19-2007, 01:10 AM
what is wrong with people godspeed brother