PDA

View Full Version : What a day.....

Jbb
10-17-2007, 05:39 PM
I paint a transit bus white, every day.......when Im done .....I untape most of it....and pull if into the next booth, where the next day, stripes are painted on it, by the stripe guy......After it is striped ...it is brought back around to the body shop for re assembly and trim out, and returned to it's respective garage.....The bus I painted yesterday was striped today......The engine would not run so it had to be pushed through the line with a small tug tractor called a .."dinky"...I was out buying some vinyl film for a sign project, and when I return...what do I see .....but my beautifully painted, and striped bus....with the dinky's entire front end smashed thru the bus front end.....:jawdrop: ....The boys were pushing it backwards for some reason.....the bus air pressure went below 60 psi...and the spring brakes locked down......and the Dinky driver's lightening fast reflexes :p must have taken the day off...and the tractor jumped...and crashed thru the fiberglass front end......To add to their embarrassment.....the tractor was also stuck where it was, as it landed on the steel bicycle rack mount....front wheels off the ground.....in front of the entire overhaul plant.....These people just do not respect quality paint work...:mad: ...We lifted the dinky off with a forklift....aired the bus up....and pushed it back around to our body shop....:)
It will be interesting to see what happens to the heathens who soiled my paint work.......My guess is ...this being a union shop and all.........nothing will happen...:D after all...they have another 800 busses or so in the fleet....
What do you think should happen to them....?....:p

OCMerrill
10-17-2007, 06:08 PM
What do you think should happen to them....?....:p
Restore a sunken Jeep as punishment.:idea:
:D

bchbum
10-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Promote them to where they can't do any damage .

maxwedge
10-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Sounds like a classic, and yet it appears you took no pics. Very sad.:D

Jbb
10-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Sounds like a classic, and yet it appears you took no pics. Very sad.:D
It was a Kodak moment for sure......Shame I didnt have a camera handy....:D

OverKill
10-17-2007, 06:29 PM
It's called Promote to Fire. Give them a nice fat raise, keep them at that pay rate for about 6 to 8 months, then FIRE them. It really hurts after they buy a new house, car and max out a few credit cards.
OverKill

coolchange
10-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Put a Jeep front end on it and ship it. They'll never know.

BEER&WATER
10-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Dinky driver's lightening fast reflexes must have taken the day off...and the tractor jumped...and crashed thru the fiberglass front end......To add to their embarrassment.....the tractor was also stuck where it was, as it landed on the steel bicycle rack mount....front wheels off the ground....?? ARE THESE THE SAME GUYS YOU HIRED TO SINK THE JEEP??????

pw_Tony
10-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Slap some bondo on it, spray some yellow and be done.
Grew up in a body shop where the main work was school busses, Penskes, Ryders, u hauls etc.
It can always be fixed.... no such thing as too ugly to let go when it comes to those things ;)

Tom Brown
10-17-2007, 08:11 PM
If that was my shop, nothing would happen.
.... and the guys who are outstanding employees will see no remuneration advantage over the guys who don't give a shit and wreck stuff all the time. At least, that is how it is around here.

RiverOtter
10-18-2007, 02:01 AM
got any pix :idea:

djunkie
10-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Dammm Unions!!!!!!!!!!!:crossx: :crossx:

RiverOtter
10-18-2007, 03:09 AM
Dammm Unions!!!!!!!!!!!:crossx: :crossx:
ruining America :D

Jbb
10-18-2007, 03:11 AM
got any pix :idea:
No pix...and its raining today......:D

photo chick
10-18-2007, 04:17 AM
Yeah rain!!! Congrats on that Jbb...
I think you should make them sit in an office all day and be subject to Rick rolling.......

soupersonic
10-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Ill bet there wasnt anyone around to say " BNAG !! " either. :D

hkunz
10-18-2007, 07:34 AM
Fire them all and hire a bunch of new kids straight out of high school. If you get them in thier teens, you won't even have to train them, since they'll know everyting!

Sleek-Jet
10-18-2007, 07:42 AM
They'll get promoted... maybe not right away, but they are on the fast track now... :D

Jbb
10-18-2007, 10:54 AM
***********UPDATE!***************:D
Ok..........Dumbass #1...(Dinky Driver) was assigned 100% blame for continuing to push.... as the bus brakes were locking down......Manager offered him the following deal...He said you can go get drug tested..(which should have happened anyway)...and get 3 days off w/o pay.....( A grievance I can easily see being won) ...Or he can go to the body shop ....and repair the damage assisting the body tech in the necessary repairs.....estimated damage costs at over 4k.....He was a Journeyman Body man before he came to the paint shop......Problem is ...by contract you cannot be forced to cross crafts...ever...This should get interesting...:D