View Full Version : more Craigslist

Cas
10-17-2007, 09:09 PM
my wife was checking out CL for a couch for a friend and came across this :D
Used sofa sectional: major funk going on with this thing - $100
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-450051611@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-10-15, 3:35PM PDT
Selling this cloth covered abomination. I've deducted that at some point - before people started having sex on it rampantly, my cat scratching on it, my old room mate farting into it, and numerous liquids it has soaked up - that it was indeed a sofa sectional of some sort. Now it looks like a deflated sheep skin condom covered in cat hair.
By accepting and purchasing this object of untold macabre, you agree I will not be held accountable for any pregnancy which may or may not occur from using this furniture. I also hold no responsibility for the objects which it has trapped within its cushions over time, and as such, are now your property - alive or not.

DeltaSigBoater
10-17-2007, 09:14 PM
people buy the strangest shit off there :eek:

pw_Tony
10-17-2007, 09:15 PM
:D
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/for/447645332.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/for/447649332.html
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/for/447660399.html

Cas
10-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Would someone really buy a couch off of craigslist? That' fockin' dirty.
yea they would especially when they lost everything in a fire, including a life.

Phat Matt
10-17-2007, 09:24 PM
yea they would especially when they lost everything in a fire, including a life.
Ouch. :eek:

mykidsdaddy
10-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Would someone really buy a couch off of craigslist? That' fockin' dirty.
Some people don't have credit cards and have to pay for what they buy...
These same people are NOT in debt up to their eyeballs and beyond! Craigs list has some really good deals if you are living on a budget and still want some things that other people no longer want/need.
All ya gotta do is look for the prefixs to their phone numbers to figure out where they live. If they live in Yuppyville, chances are they have only owned the furniture for a few months and the neighbor got new furniture so THEY have to charge some more NEW furniture.
We have picked up several really good deals exactly that way.
You just need to be picky WHERE you shop! I wouldn't even go look at a couch over by the University or anywhere near downtown.

Baja Big Dog
10-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Holy shit, I worried, I find myself actually defending SWB!!!:confused:

pw_Tony
10-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Some people don't have credit cards and have to pay for what they buy...
These same people are NOT in debt up to their eyeballs and beyond! Craigs list has some really good deals if you are living on a budget and still want some things that other people no longer want/need.
All ya gotta do is look for the prefixs to their phone numbers to figure out where they live. If they live in Yuppyville, chances are they have only owned the furniture for a few months and the neighbor got new furniture so THEY have to charge some more NEW furniture.
We have picked up several really good deals exactly that way.
You just need to be picky WHERE you shop! I wouldn't even go look at a couch over by the University or anywhere near downtown.
Well when you need a pair of comfy socks they're there for you! ;)

Phat Matt
10-17-2007, 10:12 PM
I did actually have my eye on that burrito. :D
Too late. I already bought it. :)

Cas
10-17-2007, 10:14 PM
this is the one we got for her- $140.00. It's only about 6 months old and in great shape.
Kid Glove Brown "Monroe" 3-seater couch from Homereserve.com (looks exactly like picture)
* Has awesome built-in storage space underneath the seats.
* Fabric is microfiber, which is removable AND washable.
* Can be disassembled and reassembled for easy moving.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l204/Cas2006/Random%20Pics/couch.jpg

riverbound
10-17-2007, 10:15 PM
you guys really dont like my couch?? :D

pw_Tony
10-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Too late. I already bought it. :)
Did you have it delivered?

pw_Tony
10-17-2007, 10:24 PM
:D
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/for/447645332.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/for/447649332.html
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/for/447660399.html
Damn... that first link was a used condom.
Good condom, just needs washing, no babies.
My loss is your gain $0.25 new... yours for $0.10. My loss is your gain.
It was funny haha

Cas
10-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Of course, everything is negotiable. That looks like a fine couch. If it looked that good in person and could be washed, I might be persuaded.
check that, my wife just said we're still haggling and it is in great shape. We just gave away the sectional we had to another gal down on her luck with 2 kids. It wasn't in great shape but it was a lot better than what she had.
With all the foreclosures going on these days, people are dumping stuff right and left so some good deals can be had out there.

Phat Matt
10-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Did you have it delivered?
No. I am going to pick it up. While I am there I am going to steal his Pioneer mixer. ;)
http://images.craigslist.org/010104010202010412200710122f7252a574d141984e005f3b .jpg

BOBALOO
10-18-2007, 02:21 PM
No. I am going to pick it up. While I am there I am going to steal his Pioneer mixer. ;)
http://images.craigslist.org/010104010202010412200710122f7252a574d141984e005f3b .jpg
I'm game to buy the mixer off you if that plug on the top left will connect to my Ipod:D
Just call me DJ Jazzy BOB. That doesn't rhyme does it? :idea: I'll work on it.:D

HemiDude
10-18-2007, 02:29 PM
people buy the strangest shit off there :eek:
Like Cowchinas....:D

cxr133
10-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Damn... that first link was a used condom.
Good condom, just needs washing, no babies.
My loss is your gain $0.25 new... yours for $0.10. My loss is your gain.
It was funny haha
MAN... i was going to put my used condoms on there too, then i realized i stretched them out and they wont fit on too many other people:eek: :D :D

BOBALOO
10-18-2007, 02:42 PM
MAN... i was going to put my used condoms on there too, then i realized i stretched them out and they wont fit on too many other people:eek: :D :D
Were you making balloon animals out of them:D

mykidsdaddy
10-20-2007, 12:59 PM
I think it's very presumptuous of you to assume that because somebody wouldn't buy a used couch off craigslist that they are in debt up to their eyeballs. Maybe we make a lot more money than you (since you want to imply that we're frivolous with our money) or maybe we have a POS couch that we bought at Jerome's ten years ago (that's the real truth) and probably paid $700 for couch and loveseat.
You don't have to make snide insinuations about our financial well being to feel good about your purchase. If you're happy with it, that's great. I wouldn't be. But, it's nice to know there's an outlet for my ratty couch when I do decide to pull the trigger on a new one. ;)
Let me add this. I'm the biggest eBayer in the world. I'm remodeling our kitchen and I bought our range, dishwasher, sink, faucet, coffee maker, can opener, toaster oven, granite, just about everything off of eBay. I'm all for getting a good deal and getting the most from your money. It would just somewhat creep me out to buy a bed or couch used.
There were no insinuations aimed directly at you or anyone! I am not presumptious either, I am observant! The last line of my post was clear about being picky...so, a"ratty old couch" would not be something I would buy either! But thanks for keeping me in mind!
I personally see nothing wrong with buying a used couch. I have one in the den that is almost exactly like the one Steve (CAS) posted. Beautiful, Micro fiber etc...We paid $50.00!!! There were no animal hairs, no stains (spunk or otherwise) we picked it up at the sellers house which was very nicely kept, in a nice neighborhood...hence, KILLER DEAL!!! I have a solid oak entertainment center, the twin tower type that goes on either side of our big screen with a brigdge connecting them $50.00!
We had to drive almost all the way to Topaz Lake but it was well worth the drive. I guess it is kinda like a localized e-Bay! My wife is right on top of the most recent posts and if there is something she is trying to find, she tries to be the first to respond. Alot of people sell top quality stuff for pennies on the dollar, and...
I am sorry if makeing refrences to "Yuppieville" hit a nerve. I just re-read my post for the third time and still don't see where I could have offended you or anyone...I wasn't being snide I am serious, if you NEED a couch and you DON'T have a credit card to charge one (new) then the only option is to buy one cash, if you can't afford a new one then what should someone do...sit on wood crates til they save enough cash? No, you find one that is in the best quality you can for the least $$$ you can! And...if you shop in areas where "keeping up with the Jonses" is the rule NOT the exception...then you find killer deals!
Again, Bob, I am sorry if you took this personally. Didn't mean to insult anyone, just speakin' up for those less friv...er fortunate.
Sorry I couldn't resist!:):

mykidsdaddy
10-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Admit it, you're cheap, err... I mean frugal. ;)
Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)
Ouch...touche!;)