PDA

View Full Version : Tastes like.....

Jbb
10-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Chicken! (http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071018/BREAKINGNEWS/71018004/1086/BREAKING)

fat rat
10-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Bullets bounced off the alligator's tough skin.:eek:

CPBRIAN10THMTN
10-18-2007, 11:34 AM
"A motorist spotted the giant alligator roaming along State Road 17-92 near Lake Monroe and said it was poised to strike.
When trappers arrived to the area, they tried to take it down with bullets. Flint said two .45-caliber bullets bounced off the alligator's tough skin."
What is this motorist, the damn croc hunter? Poised to strike? Don't they all look that way? Seems like they just needed a reason for a new trophy:idea: and I don't know what kind of .45 that guy was using or how far away he was but he must be a horrible shot.

SB
10-18-2007, 12:05 PM
I ate a little gator tail the other day, tasted like bacon. :)

OCMerrill
10-18-2007, 12:10 PM
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/jeeproadmdwht.gif
LMAO. Nice.:D

Jbb
10-18-2007, 12:16 PM
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/jeeproadmdwht.gif
LMAO. Nice.:D
:D ...They see me rollin...

OCMerrill
10-18-2007, 12:50 PM
"A motorist spotted the giant alligator roaming along State Road 17-92 near Lake Monroe and said it was poised to strike.
When trappers arrived to the area, they tried to take it down with bullets. Flint said two .45-caliber bullets bounced off the alligator's tough skin."
What is this motorist, the damn croc hunter? Poised to strike? Don't they all look that way? Seems like they just needed a reason for a new trophy:idea: and I don't know what kind of .45 that guy was using or how far away he was but he must be a horrible shot.
I agree. It's not like bullet proof vests are made from Croc Hyde's. Talk about an embellished story.

photo chick
10-18-2007, 12:54 PM
This is unusual," Flint said. "We catch a lot of 10- and 12-footers. We respect them and respect them all the way from 4 feet to this 13-footer. They're prehistoric dinosaurs and when God made them, he made an awesome animal."
So much respect you just shoot em'.......???

Old Texan
10-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Having dealt with gators in the past, it is entirely possible that if the bullet was traveling at a severe angle it could richochet off the gators extremely thick skull. To get a straight penetration angle you'd have to get pretty close or shoot him in the side of the head which reduces the odds drastically of reaching his little bitty brain.
I have personally witnessed a 30-30 shell richochet off a gator's head. It really pissed him off.
Which brings us to the fella that got in tight to a 13' gator with a headache to kill him with the bang stick, that fella ain't real smart........:devil:

Jbb
10-18-2007, 02:33 PM
This is unusual," Flint said. "We catch a lot of 10- and 12-footers. We respect them and respect them all the way from 4 feet to this 13-footer. They're prehistoric dinosaurs and when God made them, he made an awesome animal."
So much respect you just shoot em'.......???
..................bang:)